Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa (17780 Views)

Nigeria-Ghana Jollof War: See Troost-Ekong's Reaction To Super Eagles' Victory / Premier League Club Reacts To Nigeria Draw Against South Africa / Slay Queen Shares Semi-nude Picture To Celebrate Super Eagles Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 7:34am On Feb 09
The Celebration that followed the 4-3 victory of the Super Eagles of Nigeria over their South African counterparts on Wednesday has claimed the life of one person in Lokoja, Kogi State capital.

DAILY POST gathered that the victim identified as Lukman was in his late twenties.

The sad incident was said to have occurred along the ever busy Murtala Mohamed way in Lokoja when the deceased was celebrating the victory of the Super Eagles with his motorcycle before he was knocked down by a vehicle.

It was further learnt that the deceased and his friend living behind Igbo hall, around cemetery road, a suburb of Lokoja metropolis, had joined other people to celebrate Super Eagles victory.

“Unfortunately, they drove against traffic, leading to the death of Lukman who was carried behind, while his friend sustained serious injury,” s source disclosed.

Late Lukman, has however, been buried according to Islamic rites in the Kabawa area of the state capital.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/09/one-dies-in-kogi-celebrating-super-eagles-victory-against-south-africa/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 7:34am On Feb 09
This Is The Fifth Death, Recorded By UDOKA

18 Likes

Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by Omihanifa: 7:37am On Feb 09
Nah wa o
This one way people dey die like this
Nah to take amlodipine few hours to the match be that o

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 7:39am On Feb 09
Omihanifa:
undecided

Only God Almighty Will Surly Help Us Out ooo
Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by Wawelexy(m): 7:44am On Feb 09
Records have it that happiness (too much of it) has killed more people than sadness...

Learn to do things in moderation

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:50am On Feb 09
Another one ?!

We knew this was serious and true when we saw the Super Eagles of Nigeria 🇳🇬 saying a prayer for the (4 initially) departed souls after one minute silence for them all last night before dinner.

From all of us at MANNA : May their souls Rest in Perfect peace.

Come Sunday,
We shall win the Trophy 🏆 for them all BGG.

God bless all sane, honest, patriotic and hardworking Nigerians.

God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by Abolodje: 7:50am On Feb 09
All man must die

1 Like

Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by slaawomirr: 7:50am On Feb 09
Damnnn niggar

We must use sense

Though I also celebrated here with my lexus Es 350 on a fast and Furious mode
But I must tell you I applied sense

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by robinfemi: 7:51am On Feb 09
This victory carry death ocheesy i pray we will for their honours. May their souls rest in peace lipsrsealed, na one thing dey kill man. Theirs follow excitement wink

5 Likes

Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by verybadmouth(m): 7:51am On Feb 09
This is so bad. People dying because of football match. Shows how unhealthy many people are.

6 Likes

Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by Maks27: 7:51am On Feb 09
Please avoid physical altercation with anyone during this time. Lot of people haven’t eaten in days and their bodies are giving up already
Anybody that fights and throw punch with me now should be ready to pay medical bills as I haven’t eaten good food for days .
May God deliver us from Nigeria

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by seunlayi(m): 7:51am On Feb 09
Pathetic .

Over 5 dead due to the heat from the game. Well, this is not a new thing because am sure many Nigerian fans have died while watching our team played. I can remember the saddness of many when we watched the defeat of Nigeria by Italy @USA 94 world cup at Trenchard Hall, our defeat by Cameroun in several finals, and many over celebrating after victories have rushed to early grave. Only that communication is facilitating more people to watch a game at the same time these days and allowing the spread of news like this.

If you know you gat no strong heart, avoid watching your national team play. National team is different from club football if you don't know name you know it better ask GK Stanley Nwabali, some players and coaches why they always looked away from the game when they're teams are playing penalty kicks AND CELEBRATE MODERATELY

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by Dwaizman(m): 7:52am On Feb 09
undecided I mean while, Fulani boys were rubbing at home.. I thank God for my our (me and my mum)... If the strike doesn't hold am.off to Lagos. North do tire me cold and insecurity
Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by Tolumiide: 7:52am On Feb 09
I think this didn't start this year. It has been happening for decades when alot of citizens were more patriotic about our country but the difference now is that there's social media to share the news across. RIP, Super Eagles will deliver.

2 Likes

Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:52am On Feb 09
Hardship pressure/tension + penalties tension = shocked shocked
Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by Johnbullthe3rd: 7:52am On Feb 09
OMO MAKE UNA SEE OO

THIS IS URGENT. If you are BASED in Nigeria you must watch the video below that shows how to survive and escape the Newest 'Twiter' One chance robbery in Nigeria, Dont say you were not warned

Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by Beautifulday: 7:53am On Feb 09
How many go die when we win the cup?

3 Likes

Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by bigdammyj: 7:53am On Feb 09
R.I.P to him.
Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:54am On Feb 09
It's like the casualties of that match are on the increase as it's reported day by day.
What if it was uzoho was in the post

1 Like

Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by money121(m): 7:54am On Feb 09
Ok oo
Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by wrongman665(m): 7:54am On Feb 09
Good
Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by Haydens: 7:54am On Feb 09
What again ?
Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by Namaster: 7:54am On Feb 09
This one is NOT on Super Eagles. It's on STUPIDITY.

Celebrating a win in the semi-finals is not an excuse to drive against traffic. That's illegal!

Don't pin this on SEs.

3 Likes

Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by fuckJones(f): 7:54am On Feb 09
we should not win final again, people are dieing
Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by ipobarecriminals: 7:55am On Feb 09
sad ghetto deceased living around IGBO HALL,behind CEMETERY road shocked sad shocked sad shocked.Mercy Lord.
Thank God,Nig won that semi,if not sad lipsrsealed embarassed.May we NOT see EVIL.

Pls, if u aren't strong enuf,dnt watch football,or swim.It is not for the WEAKLING. Back in Nig,I'll rather wait till I hear the roaring noise of GOALLLLL or if neighbours dey switched off gen,we knw wetin happen 🤔🤔.Watching football ⚽️ with HBP,nah suicide
Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by Dyfynezz12(m): 7:55am On Feb 09
Why are ppl dieing like this naw,
I lost a very good business partner due to the celebration of that match,young man in his 40s just died and left four kids for his wife.
To celebrate the win he went to drink with his friends,had too much and was involved in a fatal accident while coming home.
Pls let every one be careful on how they celebrate if Nigeria should win the cup

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by Cassandraloius: 7:55am On Feb 09
Not again. cry
Re: One Dies In Kogi Celebrating Super Eagles Victory Against South Africa by geunik(m): 7:56am On Feb 09
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

We must use sense

Though I also celebrated here with my lexus Es 350 on a fast and Furious mode
But I must tell you I applied sense
If he had survived, he would have claimed sense too

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NFF Crisis: Dalung Insists On Supreme Court Judgement / GWR: Chukwuebuka Ezugha Sets New Record For Most Soccer Touches With The Abdomen / Original And Authentic 14/15 Football Club Jerseys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.