Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,001 members, 7,828,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists (13357 Views)

FG Mulls Single Salary Scale For Federal Civil Service MDAs / Endsars Protests: FG Meets US, UK Envoys, Others / FG Mulls New Tax On Coke, Bigi, Other Soft Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by falconey(m): 9:59am On Feb 09
melodyogonna:

Buhari was a senile fool. He said Nigerians should die of hunger if they can't farm (said it literally oo, like, in an interview), but the funny thing here is that the sort of farm he always had when mind when he says things like this is hoe and cutlass farming, not mechanised farming like you would expect. He thinks farming hoe and cutlass can produce enough to feed Nigeria

Seme border literally feed southwest in my knowledge, that doesn't mean we don't farm. they are food items of our locality we can't import, so we do patronise local goods and everyone is happy.

1 Like

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by lexy2014: 9:59am On Feb 09
which import again? I thought they said they were "releasing" food from food reserves? its obvious these people have absolutely no idea or direction. just trial by error
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by tobenuel(m): 10:00am On Feb 09
where are NL APC E-warrior?. I'm of searching for Igbo threads to see them. Abi this hunger never near those evil defenders?. I think Peter Obi must learned some good lessons now
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by kuntash: 10:00am On Feb 09
May we not miss Buhari crew... where are they ? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by tivta(m): 10:00am On Feb 09
Lol
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Stephench: 10:01am On Feb 09
Simple solution, declare a state of emergency against Fulani terrorists. Ban open grazing across the country. These policies don't require strong mental capabilities to implement but simple willpower
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Confirm4real(m): 10:02am On Feb 09
We warned them when he said he wants to continue from where Bubu stopped...

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Eriokanmi: 10:02am On Feb 09
Arobaga:
See as economy dey fumble a whole master strategist

A whole first class graduate of Chicago University has lost control

A man who single handedly built Lagos has suddenly become dumb foolish

What Buhari did with NEPA certificate is what’s stressing a first class holder of accounting

This economy no get respect
We knew better in Lagos why we didn't vote him, i mean those of us who caused his defeat. Only those outside lagos fell for his lies

2 Likes

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Munashak: 10:03am On Feb 09
The trial and error continues
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Mom007(f): 10:04am On Feb 09
Coldspice:

Will you keep shut. Talking nonsense with confidence as if your mother's boyfriend is the security guard in charge of the Strategic Grain Reserves.

On the other thread, you were saying the government should be sued for converting Dollars to Naira before payout. I then suspected that you are a blockhead. You now have confirmed it with this post.

Keep shut bawo? Did he lie? Do we have food reserves? Are they not long empty and nonexistent? Leave sentiment and tell yourself the truth for once.

3 Likes

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by sukar886: 10:04am On Feb 09
Thats rubbish, let him step down, he cant rule this country, he is full of corruption
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by justmondris: 10:06am On Feb 09
Islie:
•Orders release of 102,000 metric tonnes of rice and maize •Threatens hoarders of foodstuffs

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/protests-fg-mulls-food-import-if-hunger-persists/

Omoh this government is very stupid, you want to import food items to solve the high cost of food items in Nigeria when the Naira is falling like a dead man and the current exchange rate is 1 USD to 1500 Naira. Will this not make food items more expensive? The only good thing I can think about the policy is that maybe it may discourage those in the north that is manipulating the food market and bring more competition to the table.

1 Like

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by tojahh(m): 10:07am On Feb 09
When he said. Na statistics we go chop?

Everyone of you fools clapped.

Now maybe. Just maybe we go chop statistics last last.

3 Likes

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by hosemujica: 10:08am On Feb 09
Yugoslavia247:
After killing food import in Ogun state. FG decides to open border and even import by themselves.

Will that reduce the price of food?

The major increase na dollar and fuel

Una never even address am

Una still wan use the same scarce dollar to buy food and import it.
They are not serious I swear.
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by edungene7: 10:08am On Feb 09
Honestly now I completely confirm that Tinubu is clueless chai cost push inflation can't be addressed by opening any reserve of grain even if it's giving free to the people when they finish consuming it what now happens The acclaimed builder of Lagos is a scam

2 Likes

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Saidfx(m): 10:10am On Feb 09
Arobaga:
See as economy dey fumble a whole master strategist

A whole first class graduate of Chicago University has lost control

A man who single handedly built Lagos has suddenly become dumb foolish

What Buhari did with NEPA certificate is what’s stressing a first class holder of accounting

This economy no get respect

E go fumble, perhaps temporarily for now because some people want it like that. However, God Almighty does not sleep and neither does he slumber. We know the people from the rising 🌞 and they are the main food hoarders. We will succeed
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by UptownVibes(m): 10:10am On Feb 09
Bulaba.. Confused government and confused supporters. He built Lagos don scatter Nigeria grin
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Greenfusion: 10:10am On Feb 09
Very unserious govt, may be its the opposition that's hiding food.....empty people
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by theredaddy: 10:10am On Feb 09
jmoore:
There are no food reserves in Nigeria. All silos are empty.

Whenever there is a high cost of a commodity, the foolish people in power will blame hoarders. They blame hoarders for the high cost of getting dollars, they are now blaming high food prices on hoarders.

Petrol is 680 naira per liter, oya blame hoarders.

Cement sold at 7,000 -8,000 naira, oya blame hoarders.

Bunch of clueless creatures.

Hoarding might not be the only reason but Hoarding is one of the surest tools to inflate prices,
Nigeria market is so much awashed with insincerity such that "Artificial scarcity" is a common practice, just hoard essentials and prices will jump up

On many occassion we have seen marketers, depot and filling stations hoard fuel ... we all paid the price so you can't rule out hoarding
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Godstiger(m): 10:13am On Feb 09
Like I once said,throwing money around isn't gonna solve no problem,apparently we have got many

1 Like

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by KBlackLegal: 10:13am On Feb 09
Still considering instead of acting!
Islie:
•Orders release of 102,000 metric tonnes of rice and maize •Threatens hoarders of foodstuffs

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/protests-fg-mulls-food-import-if-hunger-persists/
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by able20(m): 10:15am On Feb 09
I did not know that Mr. Tinubu Was so useless and confused.
What was his idea of becoming a president? , just to grab Aso Rock villa for Yoruba people, what else?
It is obvious he is retarded, and needs a retirement home

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Originalsly: 10:16am On Feb 09
Short of forex ..... so will import food? ... why not invest the same forex to boost local food production? Anything these people do is for self gain. As I see it .... this is how they will divert the forex banks must now retain to their personal accounts abroad. When asked.... where is all the remittances in forex not being paid out by the banks .... they will say it was used for palliative..... to import food to feed the masses.

Again I say.... the only solution to this crisis is a military coup ... after which all these selfish politicians need to be rounded up and ehmmm ... the needful be done.
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by writeprof(m): 10:17am On Feb 09
Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs to the Rescue
But have we not been importing food before now
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by History555: 10:17am On Feb 09
Mom007:
Ha!
With all the arable land in the country, and all the millions of jobless youth... how can food imports be our solution? I weep as I type this... Oh Lord, what is wrong with us? We are complaining of pressure on the naira, unemployment and loss of industries and still talking about food imports! Are these people OK? It takes a month to grow efo, 3-4months to grow maize, tomatoes and peppers and 8months to grow cassava and groundnuts. Start now and plant these in every available area, give grants, allocate lands to everyone who is interested and end this food insecurity once and for all but no, they are talking of food imports cry

Pls where is your farm. You think millions of farmers in Nigeria are joking when they go to their farms. How do farm in peace when fulani herdsmen are eating your crops and govt is to weak to do jack

1 Like

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:18am On Feb 09
Who said food no dey, food dey but it is costly!

1 Like

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by kellyzaf(m): 10:19am On Feb 09
Coldspice:

Will you keep shut. Talking nonsense with confidence as if your mother's boyfriend is the security guard in charge of the Strategic Grain Reserves.

On the other thread, you were saying the government should be sued for converting Dollars to Naira before payout. I then suspected that you are a blockhead. You now have confirmed it with this post.

So in essence you still hv not said anything as regard to the issue on ground. Abi na to dey tag another person's opinion be ur own contribution? Na waoohh for some people sef

1 Like

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Stevechigo: 10:26am On Feb 09
Ha!
With all the arable land in the country, and all the millions of jobless youth... how can food imports be our solution? I weep as I type this... Oh Lord, what is wrong with us? We are complaining of pressure on the naira, unemployment and loss of industries and still talking about food imports! Are these people OK? It takes a month to grow efo, 3 months to grow maize, tomatoes and peppers and 8months to grow cassava and groundnuts. Start now and plant these in every available area, give grants, allocate lands to everyone who is interested and end this food insecurity once and for all but no, they are talking of food imports cry

Best answer so far.. smart guy
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Anatolia: 10:27am On Feb 09
We would be deceiving ourselves if we considered these guys as leaders. These guys are saprophytic and parasitic leaders. All they know is how to feed on the poor and foolish people in Nigeria.
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Litmus: 10:30am On Feb 09
FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists

International market's reward for funding the war on Nigeria farmers. Turn em from self-sufficiency to dependency. It's a well worn tactics against Africa by the West. Although in this Nigeria case, neighbouring African nations, learning from the West historically, may be responsible for funding those waging war on Nigeria's farmers. Africa fear Nigeria turning inwards (becoming wholly self reliant) forging ahead and leaving them behind.

1 Like

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by balher(m): 10:33am On Feb 09
Yes, best option is to import so that 50kg rice will crash to N20k/bag. We don't care if dollar go reach 5k so long as rice price capped at N20k

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk / Election Likely Factor Behind Increased Boko Haram Attacks – U.S. / Supreme Court Upholds Deregistration Of 74 Political Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.