Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists (13362 Views)

FG Mulls Single Salary Scale For Federal Civil Service MDAs / Endsars Protests: FG Meets US, UK Envoys, Others / FG Mulls New Tax On Coke, Bigi, Other Soft Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by kinkydude: 10:33am On Feb 09
Weird government. It's too early to import now. Iranu jatijati.
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by SoloCraft306: 10:35am On Feb 09
If you go to every market in Nigeria you will find commodities all around but the problem is not about scarcity of food here but the problem here is the exchange rate, the fuel hike and transportation of commodities from the farm to the interior urban areas and the rural areas and finally the bandit issue and kidnapping raging in Nigeria if we can face this problem we will be fine but then if the border is open it will cause competition of market which is also good to bring down market price and haording will reduce cause you wouldn't want your goods to spoil most especially with perishable commodities.

1 Like

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Mom007(f): 10:35am On Feb 09
History555:

Pls where is your farm. You think millions of farmers in Nigeria are joking when they go to their farms. How do farm in peace when fulani herdsmen are eating your crops and govt is to weak to do jack

You see that your where is your farm nonsense ern, it cannot catch me. I preach only what I practice! I am a woman o, but I farmed in my compound and the surrounding free land round my compound so tey my street people shame and started farming. They said if this woman and her husband can farm, why can't we... forget that your ajebutter mentality, you no get pass me. Farming it was a joy to see. If you farm once ern, you will know that the only thing holding Nigerians back is laziness and naysayers like you! You will be dashing people food as you cannot keep up. I know how I was dashing out corn and okra almost every other day... something i planted here and there as an afterthought... How many fulani herdsmen are on your street? Except people living in land locked areas like lagos and other cities, no one has any excuse.

1 Like

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Babathanks(m): 10:51am On Feb 09
justmondris:

Omoh this government is very stupid, you want to import food items to solve the high cost of food items in Nigeria when the Naira is falling like a dead man and the current exchange rate is 1 USD to 1500 Naira. Will this not make food items more expensive? The only good thing I can think about the policy is that maybe it may discourage those in the north that is manipulating the food market and bring more competition to the table.
Let them open that fucking border. Forget about all this exchange rate for now. We needed to solve all this hunger issue in this country first. If you see how boys are trooping in to join bandit now cos of hunger especially here in Kaduna. Nobody is safe till we fix this food crisis o

1 Like

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by regenerateman(m): 10:59am On Feb 09
These guys are bereft of the ideas of running this country. They're two economic policies that are causing the hyper inflation in the country.
1) Removal of fuel subsidy
2) Floating of the naira.
3) The 3rd problem is insecurity that is making farmers not to go to their farms.

The former president was defending the naira and subsidizing petroleum products and things were not worst like this. Untill the government reverts these economic policiess and tackle the corruptions in forex and subsidy regimes, Nigerians sufferings continue. Food is available in the country everywhere, but it's very expensive Government releasing food stuff from the national grain reserve is not the solution to the current problem. The government can as well release building materials, clothing, cement, cars, motor spare parts, motorcycles, trucks, bread, Handsets, transport fares and students school fees etc from the national strategic reserve inoder to reduce the prices of these items. God created us to 'chop' life and not only to eat rice, beans and maize.

1 Like

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by goodconsience77: 11:00am On Feb 09
[i][/i]Good move, there is no nation that can be self sufficient in terms food, most especially country with large population. If almighty America can still be engaging in importation of essential good. Nigeria should open border to bring food items. Hunger can cause political instability. The federal government should be guided oooo
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Global2000: 11:02am On Feb 09
This guy in government is not serious at all. APC supporters, I hope you all have seen the trend. I said, and i will keep on shouting that, Tinubu has nothing to offer. Coming up with such an idea, is not only catastrophic but total destruction of the remaining economy.
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Danlami223: 11:05am On Feb 09
Arobaga:
See as economy dey fumble a whole master strategist

A whole first class graduate of Chicago University has lost control

A man who single handedly built Lagos has suddenly become dumb foolish you think Lagos is Nigeria

What Buhari did with NEPA certificate is what’s stressing a first class holder of accounting

This economy no get respect
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by tnerro1(m): 11:06am On Feb 09
Mom007:
Ha!
With all the arable land in the country, and all the millions of jobless youth... how can food imports be our solution? I weep as I type this... Oh Lord, what is wrong with us? We are complaining of pressure on the naira, unemployment and loss of industries and still talking about food imports! Are these people OK? It takes a month to grow efo, 3-4months to grow maize, tomatoes and peppers and 8months to grow cassava and groundnuts. Start now and plant these in every available area, give grants, allocate lands to everyone who is interested and end this food insecurity once and for all but no, they are talking of food imports cry

If the Fulani terrorists aka bandits aka heardsmen will allow the farmers to go to farms and come back alive

1 Like

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by bionixs: 11:08am On Feb 09
Yugoslavia247:
After killing food import in Ogun state. FG decides to open border and even import by themselves.

Will that reduce the price of food?

The major increase na dollar and fuel

Una never even address am

Una still wan use the same scarce dollar to buy food and import it.
they should mind themselves. They should not buy for us. Just open the borders and we will sort ourselves out
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Bananapill: 11:15am On Feb 09
Islie:
•Orders release of 102,000 metric tonnes of rice and maize •Threatens hoarders of foodstuffs

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/protests-fg-mulls-food-import-if-hunger-persists/

Of all the problems bedevilling Nigeria, none has had a permanent solution.
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Newdawn30: 11:19am On Feb 09
Food wey we no dey see... Nigeria government has never done anything for me .
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Alexander6478: 11:25am On Feb 09
Is this a short or long time solution to problems that have besieged the country. There are better was to tackle this food crises. But we have clueless government who don't care about the teaming poor masses.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/protests-fg-mulls-food-import-if-hunger-persists/[/quote]
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Alexander6478: 11:26am On Feb 09
Beautifulday:
Funny government
grin

1 Like

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Luvinghubby: 11:35am On Feb 09
Stephench:
Simple solution, declare a state of emergency against Fulani terrorists. Ban open grazing across the country. These policies don't require strong mental capabilities to implement but simple willpower

Thank you very much.

That's the simple solution to food scarcity, many farmers in the Middle belt are scared to go back to farm because of Fulani herdsmen.

APC knows the solution but they prefare propaganda
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Ishilove: 11:39am On Feb 09
Coldspice:

Will you keep shut. Talking nonsense with confidence as if your mother's boyfriend is the security guard in charge of the Strategic Grain Reserves.

On the other thread, you were saying the government should be sued for converting Dollars to Naira before payout. I then suspected that you are a blockhead. You now have confirmed it with this post.
Na wa o. See savagery
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Faposky95: 11:48am On Feb 09
for accountability and probity's sake, if Buhari and all those fat head supporters who said closing the borders was right dont face litigation before hell's gate , nothing will work
wicked souls seeing children starve and driven from their homes in their country .......
the UN ....na yam
na only to hail rubbish dem know.
we have food and land and people to work for these and yet we are jus realizing the heading....
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by ufotunang: 11:55am On Feb 09
Mom007:
Ha!
With all the arable land in the country, and all the millions of jobless youth... how can food imports be our solution? I weep as I type this... Oh Lord, what is wrong with us? We are complaining of pressure on the naira, unemployment and loss of industries and still talking about food imports! Are these people OK? It takes a month to grow efo, 3-4months to grow maize, tomatoes and peppers and 8months to grow cassava and groundnuts. Start now and plant these in every available area, give grants, allocate lands to everyone who is interested and end this food insecurity once and for all but no, they are talking of food imports cry
...in the agriculture sector the Fulani herdsmen, bandits are attacking and killing farmers and abducting them...that is why farmers are afraid to go back to their farms .. which is causing food scarcity and high costs of food stuffs
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by ufotunang: 11:57am On Feb 09
The solution is to reduce the price of fuel, disel...and boost the agriculture sector... mechanized farming and provide farmers with fertilizers and grants
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by ufotunang: 11:59am On Feb 09
Nawaoooo...to import foodstuffs... nigerians should had just left PDP to continue to govern nigeria...it's was not as bad like this during PDP time, era
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Alexis11: 12:41pm On Feb 09
Arobaga:

A man who single handedly built Lagos has suddenly become dumb foolish

What Buhari did with NEPA certificate is what’s stressing a first class holder of accounting

I will be here to enjoy your cry again for the next 8 years at least. grin
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by InvertedHammer: 12:57pm On Feb 09
/
Nonsense!

Why won't there be scarcity of food? The people who are willing to farm do not get any protection against Fulani herdsmen who destroy their crops and kill them. Who wants to risk his or her life?

/
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Alexis11: 12:58pm On Feb 09
Arobaga:

Who should declare state of emergency on Fulanis and Hausas ?

Are you new in Nigeria abi you were born last night

Can a slave declare state of emergency against his masters?

Yorubas have shown to be the real masters for being able to keep taking the power back to back without stress while Igbos keep crying of freedom/ Biafra/presidency/ referendum since forever ♾️

You guys are the real slaves with many masters and Yorubas are your biggest masters.
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by donmik: 1:00pm On Feb 09
Arobaga:

A man who single handedly built Lagos has suddenly become dumb foolish

He knows what to do but he is yet accumulating wealth that will surpass those of PDP.
Unfortunately, can never get satisfied
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by soccerlite: 1:04pm On Feb 09
falconey:
I don't understand so we have food reserve?

So importation of food is an option that they closed border for years? So until people start dying that's when you remember the old system that works?

Open border for food, it is a basic necessity for survival any other items should be heavily tax e.g phone, cars etc.

You don't know the death of innocent people is their gain, joy and power
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by soccerlite: 1:11pm On Feb 09
Alexis11:

Yorubas have shown to be the real masters for being able to keep taking the power back to back without stress while Igbos keep crying of freedom/ Biafra/presidency/ referendum since forever ♾️

You guys are the real slaves with many masters and Yorubas are your biggest masters.

You know see as yoruba dey enjoy now

3 obas killed in their domain
Hunger, hyperinflation, insecurity, lack of infrastructure

Yoruba dey really enjoy, yoruba are masters
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Alexis11: 2:01pm On Feb 09
soccerlite:

You know see as yoruba dey enjoy now

3 obas killed in their domain
Hunger, hyperinflation, insecurity, lack of infrastructure

Yoruba dey really enjoy, yoruba are masters

The conversation is about slaves and masters. But since you want to talk about Oba killings...

Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by ufuosman(m): 2:08pm On Feb 09
No vision
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by ezechi24(m): 2:10pm On Feb 09
Open the fucking boaders idiots
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by Xxxylxxxx: 2:28pm On Feb 09
Yugoslavia247:
After killing food import in Ogun state. FG decides to open border and even import by themselves.

Will that reduce the price of food?

The major increase na dollar and fuel

Una never even address am

Una still wan use the same scarce dollar to buy food and import it.
See this weyrey. Can you function without food? Ode! Food first before any other thing.
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by lagosrd: 2:34pm On Feb 09
Open Benin borders for food to come in . Simple. Where is the rice and some other commodities for which the border was closed ? Where are they . If this gets to Mr president someone should please tell him that I need to have a private chat with him. Bita simple and I will work.
Re: Protests: FG Mulls Food Import If Hunger Persists by CHAQUR: 2:38pm On Feb 09
Looting avenue... Why not make agriculture as attractive as construction engineering work, banking & the rest... Each states to provide certain number of hecters of land for serious farming. Declare emergency in that sector.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DSS Takes Over Abuja Court Ahead Of Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial / Christopher Kolade Resigns As SURE-P Chairman! / Paul Arkwright Visits Wike In Port Harcourt(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.