Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,106 members, 7,852,753 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:14 AM

Chief Dan Orbih I Know - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief Dan Orbih I Know (464 Views)

Edo: Remove the Deputy-Gov - Dan Orbih-faction list conditions to support PDP / Chief Dan Okeke Emerges APC Reps Candidate In Ohafia/arochukwu Fed Constituency / Edo North PDP Suspends Dan Orbih, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chief Dan Orbih I Know by Claire2023: 11:33am On Feb 09
CHIEF DAN ORBIH I KNOW

Chief Dan Orbih was the hotel manager at his father's hotel in Auchi while I was a lecturer at Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi, Edo State. Most lecturers, including my humble self, used to hang out on weekends in the hotel nightclub where our friendship was forged, and we bonded. He later moved to Port Harcourt to deal in the cement business, and I left for the United States for further studies where I live today.

He joined the then APP in 1998 and became the Party's running mate to Chief Lucky Imasuen, who was their Party's governorship candidate. They lost the election to Chief Lucky Igbinedion in 1999, and both of them decamped to PDP at various times.

In 2003, immediately after Chief Lucky Igbinedion won his second term, he (Orbih) decamped to PDP through the assistance of late Chief Tony Anenih and Chief Lucky Igbinedion. Within a short time, Tony Anenih recommended him to then President Olusegun Obasanjo as a member on the NNPC Board. This was the beginning of the rise of Dan Orbih through an Esan man. Thereafter, Tony Anenih sent him to Rivers State as a member of the committee on screening of governoship aspirants, where he met Rotimi Amaechi and Nyesom Wike. The rest is history.

Towards the end of Tony Anenih life, he abandoned him and used Amaechi and Wike to terrorise the entire Edo State PDP to the extent of being the sole owner of the Party. I dare him to display all results from his local government from 1999 to 2023 and see his abysmal failure politically. He has never won any substantial election.

He dines and wines with Adams Oshiomhole in the night and abuses him in the daytime - a special arrangement between the two of them.

Kindly note that Tony Anenih (Edo Central) sacrificed his tribesmen for him from Edo North. Today, he has vowed not to support any Edo State governorship aspirant from Esan, not even Tony Anenih jnr. He has offended the entire Esan race.

For peace to reign in the build up to 2020 governorship election in Edo State, Chief Emma Ogidi from Delta State as then Deputy National Chairman (South South), from Delta State was persuaded to resign for Dan Orbih to emerge. This was one of the conditions given by Nyesom Wike for him to support Obaseki. The then governor of Delta State, Senator Arthur Ifeanyi Okowa politely asked Chief Ogidi to step down, and he did. Dan Orbih did not contest for this position he occupies today, has never contested for, or won election into any position.

What an irony of life. The same Dan Orbih who has never won any election, not even in his local government, has now become the general overseer of Edo State PDP, where Godwin Obaseki is the sitting governor. He wants to impose an aspirant from the same local government as Godwin Obaseki, who is about to complete eight years in office as governor. The game plan is clear. Impose a stooge from Edo South who would be roundly rejected because he is from the same local government as the present governor. This will throw up a possibility of APC clinching the gubernatorial election. Dan Orbih has promised to deliver Edo to APC and also promised his Edo South PDP followers, ambassadorial positions from the president.

These Benin men and women hoping for ambassadorial positions from Dan Orbih should recall that less than two years ago, Wike as governor, honoured some prominent Nigerians, including five from Edo State. The five Edo citizens were from Edo North and recommended by Dan Orbih. Not even one Edo South leader was recommended, yet some Benin leaders are sheepishly following him. The Benins have never been known as cowards, I expect you to see through Dan Orbih's plans. Dan Orbih is an enemy of the Benins.

The same Dan Orbih instructed his followers to vote Bola Tinubu as president against his Party's (PDP) presidential candidate in 2023. But Bola Tinubu lost Edo, that is to say that Dan is not relevant in Edo State politics. Dan Orbih does not have the votes that can overturn any projected electoral victory today. He has no followers from his senatorial zone. Sadly, his so-called followers are from Edo South, though they are minimal.

Edo Central people have collectively agreed to any candidate from their zone. I appeal to Chief Dan Orbih to refrain from what he is doing now before he embarrasses himself. He should learn from the mistakes Chief Tony Anenih made in supporting Adams Oshiomhole of then AC against his clan's man and fellow PDP Party man, Professor Oserhieme Osunbor, which he regretted before his demise.

Chief Tony Anenih, before his death, witnessed his humiliation by Adams Oshiomhole.

Be wise!

Dr. James Okoeguale

1 Share

Re: Chief Dan Orbih I Know by Propergandist: 11:52am On Feb 09
From the above testament of the zonal leader of the PDP chief Dan Orbih I now understand why he is against the governor of Edo because of Obaseki's flare for truth and justice.

Edo people shine your eyes ooo
Re: Chief Dan Orbih I Know by Dencoknight: 2:20pm On Feb 09
This is a very big evidence that chief Dan Orbih is against the governor for his own self interest for the detriment of the state.
Re: Chief Dan Orbih I Know by Burob: 3:03pm On Feb 09
Propergandist:
From the above testament of the zonal leader of the PDP chief Dan Orbih I now understand why he is against the governor of Edo because of Obaseki's flare for truth and justice.

Edo people shine your eyes ooo
Snake Obaseki that just joined Pdp wants to impose his own candidate a person that just joined Pdp less than a year ago on the party.

So others like Omorege Ogbeide Ihama that have given their all to the party will just be looking and accept abi?
Re: Chief Dan Orbih I Know by Burob: 3:04pm On Feb 09
Dencoknight:
This is a very big evidence that chief Dan Orbih is against the governor for his own self interest for the detriment of the state.
The mistake Chief Orbih made was collecting those billions of Naira from Godwin Obaseki in 2020 after the Judas had betrayed APC to allow him run on the Pdp platform.

As usual after Obaseki got what he wanted, he sidelined the Pdp chieftains that got him to power Chief Orbih & others including Wike, then started his own agenda, his time is almost up as Governor of Edo state, he has started another scheme by sponsoring his personal friend who has been a member of the Pdp for barely a year to replace him as Governor of Edo State.
Re: Chief Dan Orbih I Know by Eghodin: 1:47pm On Feb 10
He has always been against PDP in Edo State as a rulling party. All he wants is to use PDP as opposition to cash out from aspirant, candidates,and opposition governor. That Is Dan Orbih for you.

(1) (Reply)

If There’s Nothing In Political Struggle, Don’t Struggle, Akpabio Replies Fubara / Is It True Police Arrested Ijelespeaks Today? What Was His Offence? / Jnr Pope Is Still Alive Oooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.