Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,494 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers (14882 Views)

NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff / Trobell, Malami’s ‘Debt Collectors’ Demand $1.5bn Over Terminated Contract / NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers by Invest4growth: 3:24pm On Feb 10
how much was approved for estimated billing? both NERC and DISCOS are liars. We pay N75,000 per month in estimated billing in our area, which itself is killing
Re: NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers by 9gerian: 9:38pm On Feb 10
Is the fine going to be used to compensate the over-billed customers? Else this doesn’t make sense fining and keeping the fines paid while the over billing continues. It will be double whammy for the customers who the discos will simply pass on the fine to.

fergie001:
NERC Sanctions Eleven (11) DisCos Over Non-Compliance with Capping of Estimated Bills for Unmetered Customers

Re: NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers by omsglobal: 10:41pm On Feb 10
BennyDGreat:

Una solar dey carry freezer, washing machine and pumping machine?
my solar dey carry borehole,electric kettle, microwave, but I non kukuma get Ac for now
Re: NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers by Kukutenla: 1:05pm On Feb 13
nairalanda1:
Well, the reason why they overbill estimated bills holders is because the massive losses from charging non cost reflective tarrifs and power theft means that discos are forced to use unorthodox means or to put it bluntly rip off estimated billing people to make enough money to break even.

All this is as a result of price controls on the power sector.

The reason why i support free markets is simple. Put limits on a man's ability to make a profit, anarchy results.

Nerc is just fining these guys without adressing the tarrif issue and power theft issue.treating the symptoms without treating the disease, because treating the disease means high tarrifs which means apc gets voted out.
NERC is saying the Discos overbilled, you are here saying they failed to make profit. How does your claim make sense?

It is not the business of NERC to address power theft. The Discos have to do that themselves. NCC does not help telcos block leakages.
Re: NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers by Kukutenla: 1:12pm On Feb 13
nairalanda1:

Which is not quite true, the DISCOS have a price that is set below the actual production price for them by the government. Government pays them a subsidy to cover their asses ie losses. IN practice, the subsidy is not adequate.

As an example, in 2019, cost of prodicing one kwh market terms, was 58 naira per kwh, yet discos were selling that at N20-30 per kwh. Yeah right.

Also, the PwC report on power...put cost reflective tarrifs at N83 per kwh, yet discos were selling at N30 Max. Yeah, right.

They also at the end of the day, have massive power theft issues...which eats in to their profits.(And you know what happens when they try to address power theft...yeah...violence).

That's why most of them don't or cannot afford to pay GENCOS and reject power, run at a loss, and so forth.

Even the tarrifs they charge, someone with 6 hours of light pays less per kwh compared with someone getting 12 hours, who pays less than someone getting 18 hours and so forth

ENergy losses happen because the transmission system is not fit for purpose...plus TCN relies on a lot of its revenue from what the discos pay them.
The thing is, the Transmission system needs far more money than we can imagine to be made fit for purpose.

Energy theft isn't ended by metering. Many meter holders bypass the meters. Yes it happens.

The problem is, most of us think power should be free.

If they did not, they won't break even. That is one of the reasons why it is better to let discos determine how they would sell power, at a price they set, not at the price government sets for them.

Government wants to be elected, which is why they set prices below the production cost.

You were just rambling your usual propaganda and failed to address Earthstorms's point. The Discos do not produce electricity. Simple and short. How do you set prices for a product you do not produce?
Telcos also have maximum price they can set. It is called price ceiling so stop making it look like it is only Discos that have price ceilings.
The guy was very correct on the inefficiency of Discos. You want customers to pay for inefficiency of the Discos. Year, right.
Re: NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers by nairalanda1(m): 1:19pm On Feb 13
Kukutenla:

..ht.

Do I care?

Better behave yourself, please. You are not a child.
Re: NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers by nairalanda1(m): 1:21pm On Feb 13
Kukutenla:

Yeah, like I care.

Keep missing the point.

And back off, seriously. Back off. I don't care to hear your rants anymore. If someone abused and mocked you all day long you won't like it, so why do it to others. Back off, and get off my mentions.
Re: NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers by Kukutenla: 1:31pm On Feb 13
nairalanda1:

Yeah, like I care.

Keep missing the point.

And back off, seriously. Back off. I don't care to hear your rants anymore. If someone abused and mocked you all day long you won't like it, so why do it to others. Back off, and get off my mentions.
Then why lie? I am concerned for your soul. You shouldn't trade it for a meal o' corn
Re: NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers by nairalanda1(m): 1:33pm On Feb 13
Kukutenla:
...[/b]

I said BACK OFF NOW.

Seriously, BACK OFF.
Re: NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers by nairalanda1(m): 1:40pm On Feb 13
Kukutenla:

Back off.

I've had it with your relentless bullying. Calling me a liar and a confused person

Suppose I called you a liar and a confused person, would you like it? SO why call me that?

Now back off. Don't quote me again.
Re: NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers by Kukutenla: 2:00pm On Feb 13
nairalanda1:

Back off.

I've had it with your relentless bullying. Calling me a liar and a confused person

Suppose I called you a liar and a confused person, would you like it? SO why call me that?

Now back off. Don't quote me again.
Sorry. I didn't mean to annoy you
But I never called you confused
Re: NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers by nairalanda1(m): 2:01pm On Feb 13
Kukutenla:

Yes, you have, repeatedly. Don't deny it.

Back off now. Seriously, BACK OFF.
Re: NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers by Kukutenla: 2:07pm On Feb 13
nairalanda1:

Yes, you have, repeatedly. Don't deny it.

Back off now. Seriously, BACK OFF.

Don't be angry
I have never. Go check my posts
Why will I call you confused
Re: NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers by nairalanda1(m): 2:08pm On Feb 13
Kukutenla:

Don't be angry
I have never. Go check my posts
Why will I call you confused

Yeah, and you just abused me moments ago.

Better behave yourself. You are not a child on the playground.
Re: NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers by Kukutenla: 2:09pm On Feb 13
nairalanda1:

Yeah, and you just abused me moments ago.

Better behave yourself. You are not a child on the playground.
But I did not!! I believe I'm well behaved
Re: NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers by nairalanda1(m): 2:21pm On Feb 13
Kukutenla:

But I did not!! I believe I'm well behaved

It is kind of sad that you don't know that abusing others because they don't hold the same view as you do is bullying and wrong

Also, ye cone here defending Christian beliefs yet you act luciferian.
Re: NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers by nairalanda1(m): 2:25pm On Feb 13
Kukutenla:

I never abused you. Stop acting like a victim of some sort. If you are telling lies, I call you out for your lies. How is that abuse?

Christian beliefs involve truth. The Pharisees called Jesus Belzebuub for calling out their wrongs too. Nothing new here

You are no follower of Christ , bully.
Re: NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers by Kukutenla: 2:28pm On Feb 13
nairalanda1:

You are no follower of Christ , bully.
That's what you think. You are entitled to your thoughts
Re: NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers by nairalanda1(m): 2:29pm On Feb 13
Kukutenla:

That's what you think. You are entitled to your thoughts

Because jesus never bullied people

Unlike you, Mr bully.
Re: NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers by Kukutenla: 2:30pm On Feb 13
nairalanda1:

Because jesus never bullied people

Unlike you, Mr bully.
Well, the Pharisees will certainly disagree with you
Re: NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers by nairalanda1(m): 2:31pm On Feb 13
Kukutenla:

Well, the Pharisees will certainly disagree with you

Yeah. But face the fact that you are a bully, young man.

And get a life.
Re: NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers by AcrylicProperty(f): 4:02pm On Apr 05
Your best is yet to come.

Reach out to us for the best of genuine & verified properties with a reputable Real Estate company that delivers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Of Ezu River Bodies Were Shot – Senate / FG Hires And Trains 80 Lawyers To Try High Profile Criminal Cases / 'Save The Lives Of Your Customers' - Aba Resident Berates EEDC, Shares Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.