Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Unmetered Billing Formula Or Procedures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unmetered Billing Formula Or Procedures (255 Views)

Discos Make N1tn Amid Grid Crisis, Unmetered Customers Hit 5.8m / NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers / NERC Bars Discos From Billing Unmetered Residents Above N1800 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unmetered Billing Formula Or Procedures by searchng4love: 8:06pm On Feb 09
Please who understands the discos unmetered Billing process?

I'm asking because my relatives just got the prepaid meter and it was said they're owing 700k+ accumulated from the unmetered billings.
However with close to a year installation and more expensive energy costs the building has not used up to 30k in vending costs.

How can this outrageous bill be redressed... This bill includes double billing for four months post prepaid meter installation...
Re: Unmetered Billing Formula Or Procedures by searchng4love: 8:10pm On Feb 09
Thanks
Re: Unmetered Billing Formula Or Procedures by Jerk1: 8:13pm On Feb 09
searchng4love:
Please who understands the discos unmetered Billing process?

I'm asking because my relatives just got the prepaid meter and it was said they're owing 700k+ accumulated from the unmetered billings.
However with close to a year installation and more expensive energy costs the building has not used up to 30k in vending costs.

How can this outrageous bill be redressed... This bill includes double billing for four months post prepaid meter installation...
Go to your district and complain to the customer care department, no one call help you here.
Re: Unmetered Billing Formula Or Procedures by Depriest2020: 8:22pm On Feb 09
Go to the prepaid meter branch unit of your Electricity provider, negotiate with them on how much you can pay out of the amount, if it's fair to them, they would wipe off the rest money. Make sure you know how to negotiate and power of persuasion. The matter no quarrel matter.
Re: Unmetered Billing Formula Or Procedures by searchng4love: 8:33pm On Feb 09
Depriest2020:
Go to the prepaid meter branch unit of your Electricity provider, negotiate with them on how much you can pay out of the amount, if it's fair to them, they would wipe off the rest money. Make sure you know how to negotiate and power of persuasion. The matter no quarrel matter.
120k was paid at the beginning of the purchase of the ppm. Now only for them to add 4 months double billing and spurious bills.... I have been there. And I am not ready for any underhand deals or negotiation. I am after a recomputation of the said amount. The apartment had a meter that these officials disconnected to turn the house to an unmetered entity!!
Re: Unmetered Billing Formula Or Procedures by Depriest2020: 9:49pm On Feb 09
searchng4love:

120k was paid at the beginning of the purchase of the ppm. Now only for them to add 4 months double billing and spurious bills.... I have been there. And I am not ready for any underhand deals or negotiation. I am after a recomputation of the said amount. The apartment had a meter that these officials disconnected to turn the house to an unmetered entity!!
Oh really, so what was the reason they gave for disconnecting the prepaid meter before?

Are you new to the flat, mean if you moved in new to the house?

You were not the person that accumulated the bills? If yes follow this step, thats what my new neighbor did.

He moved in after two weeks AEDC came and disconnected light from his flat, he went to the branch unit to ask why, was told he got accumulated bills to offset 120k, he told them he's new to the place and knows nothing about it.

They acknowledged coming there and meeting the flat empty, but told him he has to clear it before they can reconnect him back, he pleaded with them to accept 20k that he just spent money renting the new apartment, they said no, he must pay all.

He came back and was narrating the situation to few guys in the compound, one suggested that he should tell them he would go to AEDC headquarters at Life camp Abuja and make a report, the next day he went to plead again with the manager and he refused again, he now told him he was going to Life camp AEDC headquarters to make a complaint, as he turned to leave, the manager called him back, sent someone to follow him and reconnect back his light, believe me he didn't even ask him about the 20k he said he would pay, so i would advice you do same.
Re: Unmetered Billing Formula Or Procedures by searchng4love: 8:05am On Feb 10
Depriest2020:

Oh really, so what was the reason they gave for disconnecting the prepaid meter before?

Are you new to the flat, mean if you moved in new to the house?

You were not the person that accumulated the bills? If yes follow this step, thats what my new neighbor did.

He moved in after two weeks AEDC came and disconnected light from his flat, he went to the branch unit to ask why, was told he got accumulated bills to offset 120k, he told them he's new to the place and knows nothing about it.

They acknowledged coming there and meeting the flat empty, but told him he has to clear it before they can reconnect him back, he pleaded with them to accept 20k that he just spent money renting the new apartment, they said no, he must pay all.

He came back and was narrating the situation to few guys in the compound, one suggested that he should tell them he would go to AEDC headquarters at Life camp Abuja and make a report, the next day he went to plead again with the manager and he refused again, he now told him he was going to Life camp AEDC headquarters to make a complaint, as he turned to leave, the manager called him back, sent someone to follow him and reconnect back his light, believe me he didn't even ask him about the 20k he said he would pay, so i would advice you do same.

There has not been any change of occupancy. However the analogue meter was disconnected by the power officials thereby rendering the house as an "unmetered entity".

Mysterious bills started flowing in until the owner died he was contesting the bills.

What I seek is the actual recalculation of the units used based on its average units before the disconnection of the analogue meter.
Re: Unmetered Billing Formula Or Procedures by Depriest2020: 8:27am On Feb 10
searchng4love:

There has not been any change of occupancy. However the analogue meter was disconnected by the power officials thereby rendering the house as an "unmetered entity".

Mysterious bills started flowing in until the owner died he was contesting the bills.

What I seek is the actual recalculation of the units used based on its average units before the disconnection of the analogue meter.

Oh, I see.
Re: Unmetered Billing Formula Or Procedures by searchng4love: 8:55am On Feb 10
Depriest2020:

Oh, I see.
What do you advise?
Re: Unmetered Billing Formula Or Procedures by Depriest2020: 10:57am On Feb 10
searchng4love:

What do you advise?
My dear, sincerely I don't know what else to say, just beg mods to bring it to front page, people with such issues might have some advice on how to go about it.

1 Like

Re: Unmetered Billing Formula Or Procedures by searchng4love: 11:07am On Feb 10
Depriest2020:

My dear, sincerely I don't know what else to say, just beg mods to bring it to front page, people with such issues might have some advice on how to go about it.
Seun please push to front page

(1) (Reply)

(Video) Muslim Cleric In The North Call For Remi Tinubu Head , Call Her Infidel / I Was Not In Kogi During Gov Election - Sdp's Star Witness Tells Tribunal / Saraki, Suswam Emerge As Favourites As PDP North Central Caucus Insists On Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.