Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,822 members, 7,813,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? (15521 Views)

What Might Happen To Nigeria Currency After Subsidy Removal? / Reno Omokri: I Have Arrived Near The Russian-Ukrainian War Zone, As Promised / Mojisola Alli-Macauley Used CA-COVID Palliatives As Birthday Gift - Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by DeOTR: 9:49am On Feb 10
Bayajjidda:

Because you think Nigeria ends with your village. Travel and see, Nigeria should be more than 250 million in population.
No, it's one billion. With all those inflated figures? We are no where close to 200m, forget nonsense. Is the average population of Nigerian states even up 4m to start with?

1 Like

Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by AskNgige2: 9:49am On Feb 10
Magnetic010:
I knew right from the onset that nothing good will come out of the whole process

When I seat down and think about this government and how it will get better...

I think division of this country will be better solutions...

Let Igbo go their separate ways
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by DeepSight(m): 9:51am On Feb 10
Lifemanage:

Each person has up to 3-4 lines

Only a small percentage do. The vast majority do not. Maybe you think your average market woman, aboki trader or bus conductor has separate data lines.

Besides that amount of registered sim cards is only one indicator of our real population. There are many more indicators. Whatever it might be, your estimate of fifty million is la la land. For the last election INEC registered over 90 million people. Yes, INEC has integrity issues, but that is not necessarily a matter of registered voters with biometric voters cards. And consider that the vast majority of our population are minors!

NIN Registration as of December 2022 was over 94 million.

There are too many indicators. I cant go on and on. Nigeria is a hugely populous place.

2 Likes

Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by Bayajjidda: 9:52am On Feb 10
DeOTR:

No, it's one billion. With all those inflated figures? We are no where close to 200m, forget nonsense. Is the average population of Nigerian states even up 4m to start with?

No, sit in your village assume.
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by BlackDuke(m): 9:52am On Feb 10
Sakamaje grin
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by thinkmoney(m): 9:52am On Feb 10
Bobloco:
Where are the palliatives that were promised after the thoughtless removal of fuel subsidies?

1. The N35k cash rewards to workers?

2. The CNG buses. N100 billion was said to have been earmarked for the purchase of CNG buses. Where are the buses, and where is the money?

3. The student loans that were expected to begin in January 2024, we are now in February, and students have yet to receive the loans.

4. N25k social safety net to be shared to 15 million households

5. What about the N75 billion earmarked for the strengthening of the manufacturing sector so as to increase its capacity to expand and create good-paying jobs between July 2023 and March 2024?

6. What about the N1 trillion saved from fuel subsidy removal, which was to be reinvested into the education sector and loans?
The ones the assigned billions to and said they shared did u get any? The rice and all... u take your eyes see any? It’s the small things u look at to know how if the big things will come.
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by Acesexcell(m): 9:54am On Feb 10
They are recovering the 2023 general election expenses.
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by Brushstrokes20: 9:54am On Feb 10
Spot on QUESTIONS!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘
eBOLA and his notorious gang of insatiable, self serving THIEVES are all shades of LIES, DECEIT AND PROPAGANDAS! undecided
# the shyyythole from fry pan to FIREπŸ”₯πŸ”₯
# a stitch in time ⌚saves nine
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by AskNgige2: 9:54am On Feb 10
Akwamkpuruamu:
Agbadorians say make we give their demigod more time...

E didn't dey, e didn't dey

Governance is not by propaganda and saying things without plans.

Ebin pa wa oooo

Obidients must learn a lesson. The lesson is how to grab power, snatch it and run.

Tinubu supporters I don't know their basis for the support.

He built Lagos but when it's time to build Nigeria, Cement finished

And I don't even know how to chapel my prayer again, am confused

If not I for de pray mk shetima take over..

But I fear that man face
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by tete7000(m): 9:55am On Feb 10
Part of it is what Betty wanted to chop before she was exposed, others who were not exposed have chopped the rest.
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by IfnobeGod20: 10:00am On Feb 10
You're asking a bigger question. The politicians have given themselves millions as wage award while the others left to fight themselves as you can witness daily on Nairaland and every joints.
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by Chikel20000(m): 10:01am On Feb 10
buharibanjo:
Forget PALLIATIVES
NIGERIA IS CRUMBLING bro
It's needs a swift-serious fix
so u know dis n yet u voted Tinubu?

2 Likes

Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by Abagworo(m): 10:02am On Feb 10
There's no removal of subsidy. What was done is just devaluation of Naira to balance the excessive cash liquidity. 185 Naira for petrol when Naira was 400 to Dollar is same with 650 Naira for petrol when Naira is 1,450 to Dollar. Tinubu disagreed with Emefiele's method of moping up cash as a solution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by mastermaestro(m): 10:02am On Feb 10
matify83:
Comrade!

These are hard questions requiring answers from the government indeed.

After silencing Ajero with"owerri beating" , nobody is daring to ask what you just enumerated.

I guess we have been deceived like little kids who were promised sweet - premised on being of good behavior by their market bound mothers.

Dude was rightly beaten because he is part of the criminal enterprise. Nobody silenced him. He has never been useful to the plight of the workers he represents nor the general populace. By the way, he went to Owerri for selfish political reasons.

Don't mention those useless union leaders here at all. angry
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:05am On Feb 10
hedonido:

There's nothing more dangerous than a 'strong' leader who is also corrupt, clueless, and tribalistic. That is a recipe for disaster.

The only kind of 'strong' leaders that can drive growth and development in a third world country is the Lee Kwan Yu archetype. Strong, yes, but also nationalistic, puritan, above board, public spirited and self-less.

Someone like Obasanjo was somewhat strong but also somewhat corrupt. But extremely nationalistic and public spirited. Hence the progress Nigeria made under him.

Someone like Yar Adua or Goodluck could have been accused of being 'weak', but at least they were conscious of the public good. If a policy seemed to cause hardship, they revised it to the extent possible, based on overwhelming public opinion.

The disastrous bastard they call BAT is neither of these things. He claims to be strong, yet he lacks public support or a national base (only his Yoruba tribalists supported him), he is exceedingly corrupt, completely selfish, totally sectional and tribalistic, and absolutely clueless. You can't have these combinations and yet be purporting to be 'strong' and be taking 'hard decisions' that impoverish the masses. He will end up deposed. Mark it. His useless pride and hubris wouldn't save him. He will be disgracefully forced out of office before the end of this tenure.
πŸ’―πŸ‘

1 Like

Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by Cj4charles(m): 10:07am On Feb 10
dannywest:
Someone did SURE-P with subsidy removal,
Provided transport, loans and grants,
Showed sincerity but you people entered street and chased him away.

The chief chaser entered the same position and more than tripled fuel price with nothing but promises.

We are here crying on social media.

Nigerians really get what they deserve.
I swear down bro... what our youth are waiting for is the next story of Mobad so that they can enter the street again and protest.. very useless set of people, Yaradua remains the last President we had in Nigeria.
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by Ravenna: 10:13am On Feb 10
Sunijacks:
All these monies have being embezzled. This is Nigeria
Otilo!
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by G00dharddick: 10:15am On Feb 10
This is where Seunmsg is needed to supply answers and defend the monumental failure as usual, but the 🀑 always runs away

4 Likes

Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by 3lami: 10:17am On Feb 10
Nothing good from a carrier criminals who rigged into power.

1 Like

Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by tollyboy5(m): 10:17am On Feb 10
Seunmsg and co might have collected their share.

All school fee hike, alot of student are dropping out while some defer admission.
Tinubu is playing politics of its on it way... Keep waiting grin

1 Like

Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by blacknp(m): 10:19am On Feb 10
CapitalBank:

Paid hands go look for better thing to do with your life. Tinubu will gone when God eventually calls him after reaching maybe 100 years… you will left with the mess he created.

Dey play
You will suffer for the mess left behind also, abi no be The Federal Republic of Nigeria you dey reside with your family?
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by merits(m): 10:21am On Feb 10
Bobloco:
Where are the palliatives that were promised after the thoughtless removal of fuel subsidies?

2. The CNG buses. N100 billion was said to have been earmarked for the purchase of CNG buses. Where are the buses, and where is the money?

3. The student loans that were expected to begin in January 2024, we are now in February, and students have yet to receive the loans.

5. What about the N75 billion earmarked for the strengthening of the manufacturing sector so as to increase its capacity to expand and create good-paying jobs between July 2023 and March 2024?

6. What about the N1 trillion saved from fuel subsidy removal, which was to be reinvested into the education sector and loans?

Bastard emi lol kan just scammed us big time.
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by samcolee(m): 10:21am On Feb 10
DeepSight:

Registered SIM cards alone are almost 200 million. Wake up.
Remember most Nigerians have more than 10sims how do you keep track of it
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by blacknp(m): 10:21am On Feb 10
tollyboy5:
Seunmsg and co might have collected their share.

All school fee hike, alot of student are dropping out while some defer admission.
Tinubu is playing politics of its on it way... Keep waiting grin
Na Tinubu increase the school fees in your state abi?
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by blacknp(m): 10:23am On Feb 10
merits:

Bastard emi lol kan just scammed us big time.
Tinubu scammed you in 2012 to protest against Jonathan, he scammed you in 2015 to remove Jonathan, he also scammed you again in 2023 to vote for him to become President?

I am sorry for you, who will take a person like you as serious minded in 2024?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by johnog4sure: 10:26am On Feb 10
TheFreshVanilla:
Funds gone because Nigerians are easily deceived and cowards. Zero balls! Population of over 200 million acting stupidd from generation to generation. Political leaders know they won't be challenged.
My brother I have been repeating this for years now, I even attempted a solo protest, but guess the people who are suppose to be motivated enough to join me, I waiting to laugh at me being manhandled by security operatives. I am restrategizing now. Nigerians are STUPID COWARDS
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by tollyboy5(m): 10:26am On Feb 10
blacknp:
Na Tinubu increase the school fees in your state abi?
Yes
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by DeepSight(m): 10:27am On Feb 10
samcolee:

Remember most Nigerians have more than 10sims how do you keep track of it

Yahoo boys have more than tens Sims, not most Nigerians.
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by Lifemanage: 10:34am On Feb 10
DeepSight:

Only a small percentage do. The vast majority do not. Maybe you think your average market woman, aboki trader or bus conductor has separate data lines.

Besides that amount of registered sim cards is only one indicator of our real population. There are many more indicators. Whatever it might be, your estimate of fifty million is la la land. For the last election INEC registered over 90 million people. Yes, INEC has integrity issues, but that is not necessarily a matter of registered voters with biometric voters cards. And consider that the vast majority of our population are minors!

NIN Registration as of December 2022 was over 94 million.

There are too many indicators. I cant go on and on. Nigeria is a hugely populous place.
Are u sure of this figures u just quoted?
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by Lifemanage: 10:35am On Feb 10
Bayajjidda:

Because you think Nigeria ends with your village. Travel and see, Nigeria should be more than 250 million in population.
Not at all..

1 Like

Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by Lagyaovye33: 10:35am On Feb 10
Bobloco:

I was just laughing when they mentioned all these. Belike na only me no how them go take squeeze people.

Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by DeepSight(m): 10:37am On Feb 10
Lifemanage:

Are u sure of this figures u just quoted?

Oh I didn't pull them out of the air, even though I knew already, I still checked with Google Bard (now Gemini - Google's AI) before posting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Leader "imam Abubakar Shekau" Message To President Jonathan / India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others / PDP North West Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Yusuf Babura Dumps Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.