Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? (15608 Views)

What Might Happen To Nigeria Currency After Subsidy Removal? / Reno Omokri: I Have Arrived Near The Russian-Ukrainian War Zone, As Promised / Mojisola Alli-Macauley Used CA-COVID Palliatives As Birthday Gift - Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by bikefab(m): 1:13pm On Feb 10
Audio palliatives. Tinubu have finished the country
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by ultimateprof: 1:45pm On Feb 10
Magnetic010:
I knew right from the onset that nothing good will come out of the whole process

I don't just know why I don't like this government even before day one.
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by Reality2023: 2:17pm On Feb 10
You still remember that one? It was said to calm you o.
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by paix(m): 2:37pm On Feb 10
Believe APC at your own peril.
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by DeOTR: 2:44pm On Feb 10
Bayajjidda:

I have travelled and dwelled in 34 states of Nigeria. Of course, I'm not like you that dwell in you village only to assume.
Yes, only to assume. I guess telling someone you've never met or seen or even know their location, they live in their village, is a fact in your deluded mind.
I've been to all the 774 local government secretariats at least twice. I have the information on the number of settlements in each local governments of each states. I've been to everywhere that matters in this country.
Just like everything else, Nigeria population figure is a fraud because politics is involved.
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by jikins(m): 2:46pm On Feb 10
Bobloco:
Where are the palliatives that were promised after the thoughtless removal of fuel subsidies?

1. The N35k cash rewards to workers?

2. The CNG buses. N100 billion was said to have been earmarked for the purchase of CNG buses. Where are the buses, and where is the money?

3. The student loans that were expected to begin in January 2024, we are now in February, and students have yet to receive the loans.

4. N25k social safety net to be shared to 15 million households

5. What about the N75 billion earmarked for the strengthening of the manufacturing sector so as to increase its capacity to expand and create good-paying jobs between July 2023 and March 2024?

6. What about the N1 trillion saved from fuel subsidy removal, which was to be reinvested into the education sector and loans?

I was telling someone on here that the money they are calming we will save from subsidy removal, we will never see it. Its better subsidy remains at least we can see that 1. But they were like no country can develop with subsidy. Oya na shey the country don develop the develop?
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by bitingcool: 2:48pm On Feb 10
A compilation of unending excuses by grin grin

Only obedients are not experiencing the richness of bulaba.
Ronu is teaching Peter Obi a big lesson.
The pupas are the only ones suffering.
The difficulty is evidence of birth pang of greatness. grin
The caliber of leaders will bring us out of the woods soon.
We voted a master strategist who will soon show his strength ( oń méyè bo lapó)
The increase in prices is favoring me and my family.
The whole world is experiencing it Nigeria is not an exception.
Omo ALE yoh are the only ones complaining.
9 months of leadership will show delivery of results.
We are purging the evil of past administrators even though we were a part of it.
We stand on the manhood of the mandate.
Obediently go see something seh.
e bi tin pa won ooo

1 Like

Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by kinkydude: 3:16pm On Feb 10
We haven't seen anything, chingba, we never see, this government don run us street!
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by Bayajjidda: 3:18pm On Feb 10
DeOTR:

Yes, only to assume. I guess telling someone you've never met or seen or even know their location, they live in their village, is a fact in your deluded mind.
I've been to all the 774 local government secretariats at least twice. I have the information on the number of settlements in each local governments of each states. I've been to everywhere that matters in this country.
Just like everything else, Nigeria population figure is a fraud because politics is involved.

You visited mere LG secretariats and you feel you've gone round the country, dey play. I travel and dwell round the country, even the deep non accessible areas. I specialize in data collection and analysis.
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by Emekayoung(m): 4:03pm On Feb 10
DeepSight:

Registered SIM cards alone are almost 200 million. Wake up.
v
I have like four SIM cards registered in my name so don't judge it that way.
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by Emekayoung(m): 4:16pm On Feb 10
Chukwuka319:
From the obvious look of things, it's like this government is the sequel to the immediate past government.
Even the previous government was still far better because people didn't complain to this level. Hardship is much these days,and prices of commodities are going up everyday.

1 Like

Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by Chukwuka319(m): 5:22pm On Feb 10
Emekayoung:

Even the previous government was still far better because people didn't complain to this level. Hardship is much these days,and prices of commodities are going up everyday.
Hmmm! You can say that again brother.
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by Antivirus92(m): 5:30pm On Feb 10
The easiest people to deceive in southern Nigeria...... the Yorubas

1 Like

Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by Bimpe29: 5:40pm On Feb 10
Answers are required not in speeches but in action.
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by Emdebby2: 5:50pm On Feb 10
I still ask the same question. Nigeria needs default settings.
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by DeOTR: 5:55pm On Feb 10
Bayajjidda:

You visited mere LG secretariats and you feel you've gone round the country, dey play. I travel and dwell round the country, even the deep non accessible areas. I specialize in data collection and analysis.
If you're among those who collected the last census data, you guys did a poor job. It cannot stand integrity test and you can easily conclude that we are at least, 30% lesser in population than the number declared. It's worse if you want to look at our voters register.
It's easier to declare 80 people are actually 100 in number. I know the politics behind these figures.
Factor in Nigerians under age 16, possible number of people who currently have not registered for NIN and do plus and minus with the total numbers of people currently enrolled for NIN, then tell me we're still 250+ million in population.
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by torqque7(m): 6:00pm On Feb 10
Where you really expecting them to actually give any? Lol it's too early na he will do it just few days to the end of his tenure so we should all relax and not rush.
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by blueAgent(m): 6:08pm On Feb 10
Kukutenla:
They are being envisioned and written into the blueprint for the next administration to implement
That is the Lagos scam sorry template

I don laugh tire.

Big scam.
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by calabaman(m): 6:21pm On Feb 10
A question I ask everyday.

Well in falz voice - THIS IS NIGERIA
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by Boldideas: 7:14pm On Feb 10
It is quite unfortunate that as educated, wealthy and exposed as Tinubu is he could think or assume that palliatives will solve the problems of millions of people who are impoverished by Buhari whom he supported to come into power.... What nonsense palliatives can solve this issue on ground?

Buhari removed subsidy, but you couldn't use your common sense to cipher why didn't he remove it until when he was handing over, you just assumed it was a right thing to do to say subsidy is gone without first checking out the ripples effect, who does that? And you are an elderly man...

There is no amount of palliatives that can solve this problems that is being caused by his declaration that subsidy is over.... I hope he is not removed by coup! His moves may cause our democracy to be truncated!!!
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by blueAgent(m): 7:57pm On Feb 10
Chukwuka319:
From the obvious look of things, it's like this government is the sequel to the immediate past government.

I tell U

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by blueAgent(m): 8:00pm On Feb 10
hedonido:

There's nothing more dangerous than a 'strong' leader who is also corrupt, clueless, and tribalistic. That is a recipe for disaster.

The only kind of 'strong' leaders that can drive growth and development in a third world country is the Lee Kwan Yu archetype. Strong, yes, but also nationalistic, puritan, above board, public spirited and self-less.

Someone like Obasanjo was somewhat strong but also somewhat corrupt. But extremely nationalistic and public spirited. Hence the progress Nigeria made under him.

Someone like Yar Adua or Goodluck could have been accused of being 'weak', but at least they were conscious of the public good. If a policy seemed to cause hardship, they revised it to the extent possible, based on overwhelming public opinion.

The disastrous bastard they call BAT is neither of these things. He claims to be strong, yet he lacks public support or a national base (only his Yoruba tribalists supported him), he is exceedingly corrupt, completely selfish, totally sectional and tribalistic, and absolutely clueless. You can't have these combinations and yet be purporting to be 'strong' and be taking 'hard decisions' that impoverish the masses. He will end up deposed. Mark it. His useless pride and hubris wouldn't save him. He will be disgracefully forced out of office before the end of this tenure.

Well said.
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by blueAgent(m): 8:22pm On Feb 10
itsene:
What are the Governors doing?
Everything the President this, the President that.
Hold the Governors responsible for something.

Clown.

Was it the governors that moved Subsidy?
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by Temi2468: 10:00pm On Feb 10
Bobloco:
Where are the palliatives that were promised after the thoughtless removal of fuel subsidies?

1. The N35k cash rewards to workers?

2. The CNG buses. N100 billion was said to have been earmarked for the purchase of CNG buses. Where are the buses, and where is the money?

In the labour room.

3. The student loans that were expected to begin in January 2024, we are now in February, and students have yet to receive the loans.

4. N25k social safety net to be shared to 15 million households

5. What about the N75 billion earmarked for the strengthening of the manufacturing sector so as to increase its capacity to expand and create good-paying jobs between July 2023 and March 2024?

6. What about the N1 trillion saved from fuel subsidy removal, which was to be reinvested into the education sector and loans?

In the labour room
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by 123papas(m): 10:38pm On Feb 10
So who told you that they did not know. No palliatives for anybody. They are busy recouping their investments
easyfem:
Otiloooo

The issue on ground beyond palliative sir , palliative can’t feed household for a week , let the gov do the needful , provide security so that pple can enter farm and work and that will bring enough cheap food . Give us light so that guys can start productive … give us good road for ease movement and leave the rest for masses , things will fall in itself … that is not too much to ask for ….stop given us this palliative bullshit like is something reasonable
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by Patojargz: 12:20am On Feb 11
Palliative scam!!! Make ona dey play
Re: Nine Months After Subsidy Removal, Where Are The Palliatives As Promised? by wasi9ice: 6:43am On Feb 11
When l saw the topic , I felt like weeping

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Relatives Of #chibokgirls Marched Through Abuja Today (Photo) / I Am Not Losing Sleep Over APC’s Plot To Impeach Me - Saraki / EFCC Sets Up Special Team To Grill Fayose Over Corruption Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.