Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,602 members, 7,823,616 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON (33588 Views)

League Suspension: Arsenal Says Premier League Must finish / Gernot Rohr Drops Kelechi Iheanacho And Semi Ajayi From AFCON List / Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by DeepSight(m): 11:59am On Feb 10
VeryWickedMan:
Because there are no Nigerian officials this time.

A Nigerian as an umpire is ordinarily an anomaly. It is like picking a member of the Sicilian or Colombian or Mexican Mafia as a judge in a civil law court.

1 Like

Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by Ubdavis(m): 11:59am On Feb 10
NextPresido:
With the exception of that Osimhen goal that they disallowed, they have done well

He didn't score a clean goal. Look at things dispassionately

Why did his first goal stand??

3 Likes

Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by Sundaymosez: 11:59am On Feb 10
Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by Solidkay(m): 11:59am On Feb 10
CaptainFM1:

My own is Super Eagles will use high blood pressure and heart attack help us kpai some of our corrupt polithiefians today. Win or lose, as long as that happens I'm happy.
Lower the volu6 comrade 😂😂😂
Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by eliteweb(m): 12:00pm On Feb 10
Seunpapa65:
Truth is that Africa are supposed to be ahead of others just that we keep underrating ourselves
I don't how it happened we lost our faith go to Egypt pyramids you wonder how that thing got there or my village we call it chukwu house them no born u well to do evil and go there

African's problem has been Insensitivity and greed.
Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by Thazard(m): 12:04pm On Feb 10
CaptainFM1:

My own is Super Eagles will use high blood pressure and heart attack help us kpai some of our corrupt polithiefians today. Win or lose, as long as that happens I'm happy.
grin grin grin
Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by gratiaeo(m): 12:06pm On Feb 10
Little wonder why no referee was chosen from Nigeria
Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by Seunpapa65: 12:10pm On Feb 10
eliteweb:

African's problem has been Insensitivity and greed.
I think our own greed must have been specially edited into our DNA cause even the white are no saint yet they will still try to develop their system but our own we go chop thank you chop very much at the end we go run to church or mosque for Thanksgiving

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by seborrhic: 12:11pm On Feb 10
There was one match the official refused to issue cards,even when the fouls committed looked like bookable offences.
But it made the game interesting and when you now looked back you realise the so called fouls were made to look more serious than it appeared because when the fouls weren't booked,you just find out that the thing you thought was serious was quite minor because the players just got up and continued playing without any problem.
In that particular match,assuming it was the premier league,half of the players would have collected at least a yellow card and 2 at least reds.
Then the man that handled Nigeria south Africa was so good and so calm despite the match changing decisions he was called to make.
Infact,referring in AFCON this year has been a revelation.
They have also in some matches not gone with VAR, something rare in Europe.
But the thing is if these same referees go to Europe and the premiership,the pressures from coaches and analysts to book almost every single fall and to always agree with var,would make them start refereeing rubbish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by anslemarinze52(m): 12:11pm On Feb 10
Seunpapa65:
Truth is that Africa are supposed to be ahead of others just that we keep underrating ourselves
I don't how it happened we lost our faith go to Egypt pyramids you wonder how that thing got there or my village we call it chukwu house them no born u well to do evil and go there

Pls try to put comma when typing so one can understand.

2 Likes

Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by Codeye(m): 12:11pm On Feb 10
CaptainFM1:

You might die before those you wish death.

1 Like

Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by betshopagent(m): 12:11pm On Feb 10
Agreed with the exception of the nigeria's match officiated by the Moroccan female ref. She was the full definition of TRASH. And that's why no other female ref has officiated in this men's afcon again. Let them keep their gender equality off our men's game. The best female ref in Africa officiating the worst game in men's afcon. Thankgod she agreed that she made many errors.
Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by sylve11: 12:13pm On Feb 10
VeryWickedMan:

Hehehe sad shocked cool
Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by Winning123: 12:15pm On Feb 10
VeryWickedMan:

The Lord rebuke you!
Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by anslemarinze52(m): 12:15pm On Feb 10
CaptainFM1:

Host country that you beat once in group stage will sit and watch you guys just come and carry the cup right??
Better expect something tough, much more than south African game.
Ivory may score 1st, giving you guys much more BP and then by injury time you guys net back to make it a draw into the Extra time. Nigeria will win though buy very tough game it's gonna be.
Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by eliteweb(m): 12:18pm On Feb 10
Seunpapa65:

I think our own greed must have been specially edited into our DNA cause even the white are no saint yet they will still try to develop their system but our own we go chop thank you chop very much at the end we go run to church or mosque for Thanksgiving

Exactly!
Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by commoditiesnig: 12:19pm On Feb 10
Catapault:
"The standards of officiating set by this year's AFCON are honestly staggering. It's like they invented it. The Premier League and all of Europe have a lot of learning to do."

- Gary Neville, Sky News Pundit

I've actually been impressed as well. Kudos CAF

1 Like

Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by blackgold2018(m): 12:29pm On Feb 10
joebeckz:
Very True.
No errors at all.
VAR also on point even if it didn't favour Nigeria as much. Especially Osimhen.
From 2:0 to 1:1 grin

We should be seeing some African referees in the next world cup..
They deserve it.
And the way he blew the whistle after checking the VAR(2:0 - 1:1) was very professional. I almost thought this referees probably got a professional training in Europe. But nope they all got it here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by ntyce(m): 12:30pm On Feb 10
I wonder where this came from, searched the entire net, can't see any authentic source just Nigerian blogs.

2 Likes

Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by regenerateman(m): 12:32pm On Feb 10
femi4:
Tinubu is watching the final live

The match is starting by 8:00pm Cote D'Ivoire time which is 9:00pm, Nigerian time. President Bola Tinubu is going to watch the match live. I hope sleep will not disturb him.
Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by freshboi88: 12:38pm On Feb 10
The inconsistency in the EPL is troubling and it is targeted at certain teams.

1 Like

Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by BBIA: 12:43pm On Feb 10
godofuck231:
Football started in Africa qnd was played with the most unwanted part of a pig , the rumen , when dried it becomes solid and like a bladder, each team fough to put the rumen into a hole in th middle of the field, hence the centre spot in modern football , fencing , hockey and even canoeing was depicted in Egyptian drawings seen till date
Everyone will come and tell their story where football originated from.

this one will tell you it’s this, another will come and tell you it’s that.

They say its hulu from china,
they said its Europe , some say England specific ..
This one now is saying Africa.
Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by Exousiang01: 12:44pm On Feb 10
CaptainFM1:

Prayers like this comes from low lives who have no high ranking family member in the society.
Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by BBIA: 12:44pm On Feb 10
KillahPriest:
This bítch Gary Neville has spoken the truth for the first time in his life shocked shocked shocked
How many times have you secretly craved to bend him over and do justice to his anus? cool
Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by thinkmoney(m): 12:46pm On Feb 10
godofuck231:
Football started in Africa qnd was played with the most unwanted part of a pig , the rumen , when dried it becomes solid and like a bladder, each team fough to put the rumen into a hole in th middle of the field, hence the centre spot in modern football , fencing , hockey and even canoeing was depicted in Egyptian drawings seen till date
Where u see this history? Africa have enough history we don’t have to steal others.
Football started in Britain. America Indias too played with some kind of round material

1 Like

Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by jpcomrade: 12:51pm On Feb 10
I see Anmed Musa playing and scoring tomorrow, I saw it in a revelation.
Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by Jamesclooney: 12:52pm On Feb 10
This is fake news. There’s no evidence to support the fake quotes above. Only Nigeria media bloggers and Twitter are carrying the news. No video or anything. Fake news is crazy.
Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by emmykey0128(m): 12:52pm On Feb 10
Bro that truth be told, it was the right call, there was a foul b4 Osimhen goal
NextPresido:
With the exception of that Osimhen goal that they disallowed, they have done well
Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by iLegendd(m): 12:53pm On Feb 10
Thank God there is no Nigerian officiating, else we would've ruined it with bribe. Commentary, Amokachi wants to kill us with sexy penetrating passes. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by Jokkarm2: 12:59pm On Feb 10
Catapault:
Honestly, the officiating at this year's AFCON just showed to the whole world that Africans have what it takes to transform this continent to a place of excellence and prosperity.

May God bless us and make it happen. cool

But i think there was an error in the second goal of Nigeria Canceled between Nigeria and South Africa. it was a an intentional error to cancel goal and awarded penalty at that point.
Re: Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON by selartj: 1:02pm On Feb 10
Nigerian referees are missing in the new resurgence of the African football. That's my low side of this tournament. In all conscience, most of the calls i this competition have been spot on. The EPL, in particular, have a whole lot to learn from us. It is glaring where civilization started. We're enjoying this for real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CAF Removes Amaju Pinnick As 1st Vice President / Serena Williams Debuts Baby Bump At Met Gala (Photos) / John Fashanu Romances Rachel Bakam!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.