Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned (73626 Views)

Video Of The GUO Bus Attacked Along Lagos-Benin Road, All Passengers Kidnapped / Again, Many Passengers Kidnapped On Benin-Ekpoma-Auchi Expressway In Edo / GUO Reacts To Peace Mass Accident That Killed "18" Passengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by ruggedtimi(m): 8:31pm On Feb 10
superCleanworks:
i hope they are not using passengers to settle boys for their election action.

NO LIVES MATTER in Nigeria.
kidnapping is a thing in nigeria. Is a menance.
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by Ken4Christ: 8:41pm On Feb 10
Democracy should just end in Nigeria. The government doesn't have it's citizens in mind. They enjoy our Commonwealth and protect themselves leaving the masses vulnerable.
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by DeLaRue: 9:18pm On Feb 10
Inspirer1:

I was surprised seeing it too, that road from Akure enroute Kogi is the most dangerous in the Southwest by my own assessment.

Akure to Owo seems quite safe. I think you mean Owo to Kogi, through Ikare or Akungba.

I passed that route last year. Parts of the route was so quiet, and just seemed perfect for kidnapping. I was not surprised to be told later that kidnapping happens there often.

I was told herdsmen were in all the forests around there.

The problem with that axis is it is boundary territory where South West meets Kwara, Kogi and Edo State. It is perfect for cross-border criminality.

The nearest federal security presence (police station) in that area is at least 30 mins away from any point. So when people scream that the President must do something, there's actually not a lot the President can do immediately to prevent these attacks. The Police will always react only after the event partly because we simply don't have enough police men, and the entire security system is outmoded.

We don't even have enough men in the military to fight insurgents in the North and also secure every square metre of land in the South.
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by Inspirer1: 9:24pm On Feb 10
DeLaRue:

Akure to Owo seems quite safe. I think you mean Owo to Kogi, through Ikare or Akungba.

I passed that route last year. It was so quiet, and just seemed perfect for kidnapping. Hmm.

I was told herdsmen were in all the forests around.

The problem with that axis is it is boundary territory where South West meets Kogi and Edo State. It is perfect for cross-border criminality.
Yes
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by Igbek76: 9:37pm On Feb 10
Godfullsam:
How I wish God can be treating people according to the candidate they voted for undecided ?

Is this democracy or what?

Very stupid you . You are an animal.
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by Dyfynezz12(m): 9:40pm On Feb 10
Larryndelaw:
Start your revolution and collect bullet. You people are still in.pain as you messiah obi lost. Your obi will.bever be president. We are ready for una in the next election. When BAT complete his 8 Yeats and it goes back to the North. Nothing for una since you people practice politics with bitterness
What happened to those passengers will happen to anyone supporting Tinubu
It's not a curse
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by DeLaRue: 9:45pm On Feb 10
We need a completely new security organisation made up predominantly of technology savvy , highly motivated young graduates trained abroad on intelligence gathering and surveillance. A small team of about 200 - 300 people should be sufficient. They'll operate from a single office and cover the whole country.

They'll operate outside the existing security structure (certainly not under the Police), be highly paid, have best-in-class modern surveillance, detect and suppress tools, including acccess to the best available surveillance drones, heat-seeking helicopters etc The organisation should be led by a small team of brilliant middle ranking military and police officers, and if considered necessary, be directly answerable to the office of the President.

Recruitment into the organisation should be based purely on merit.

The organisation will pass credible surveillance information to the military and Police for actioning.

We need to go high tech. The current Police model is not capable of addressing the problem.

1 Like

Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by riczy(m): 9:46pm On Feb 10
greenermodels:
Nigerians deserves the type of leader that we have. Let's continue voting based on tribalism and religious attachment.
Fallacy of hasty conclusion, how many ppl voted BAT, but everyone is feeling the heat irrespective of who YOU voted for!

2 Likes

Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by Teenaira: 10:08pm On Feb 10
lexy2014:

does he have a candidate?

who is his candidate?

can you prove that this candidate in question is responsible for this criminal activity?

I never told you anybody is responsible for the criminal activity. What I said is 'I hope and sincerely hope his candidate is not a sponsor of the criminal activity'.
From his statement, you can infer that he has a candidate. However for a benefit of doubts, you may want to ask him if he has a candidate.
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by Benwallt(m): 10:10pm On Feb 10
nairalanda1:

Yes, that's why I have said elsewhere on this site, that more money is needed for the police...and more hands.

We are too big for just 350000 policemen to patrol. Most of the time, I always suspect that anarchy has not resulted because most Nigerians are law abiding people really.

You're very much on point.
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by lexy2014: 10:10pm On Feb 10
Teenaira:

I never told you anybody is responsible for the criminal activity. What I said is 'I hope and sincerely hope his candidate is not a sponsor of the criminal activity'.
From his statement, you can infer that he has a candidate. However for a benefit of doubts, you may want to ask him if he has a candidate.

you have not answered my questions.

1. does he have a candidate? yes or no

2. who is his candidate?

3. can you prove that this candidate in question is responsible for this criminal activity?
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by GoodLife4live: 10:12pm On Feb 10
10mobile:

Now, this your comment is pure CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, lol😂 It's like hypocrisy is some people's culture🤣. MR CONSTRUCTOR😁😁😁

NO HATE IN YOU. Your comment is full of love💜💕💜💕💖💔

The same mental illness that makes some people call a fully war-like religion a RELIGION OF PEACE.

Chai! Wonders shall never end😁🤣😭😁🤣😭😁🤣😭
Already derailed soul like dont deserves my attention ... Go back to the red mud u hailed from .. son of hate and pedittion....

Give an advise to solve problems not by going to every social media s to look for bad news u will voice your venom on...
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by Zeezenho: 10:36pm On Feb 10
I suspect the drug sniffing idiot have gone into kidnapping business with his boys.
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by BOBBYNIGUESZ(m): 10:57pm On Feb 10
[quote author=Jez9 post=128386753][/quote]

*ones*
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by Fujiyama: 11:03pm On Feb 10
Forumites:
This abandoned girl will finally spark off the much awaited revolution. Mark it somewhere. Consider this girl as our daughter and you’ll see how emotional it is to abandone your little girl.

^^^
sad

This is heartbreaking. This poor child reminds me so much of my niece - they look very much alike.

That child needs help and I hope she is getting it. She heard (and possibly) saw a man shot point blank by cold blooded killers...and she also saw and heard her parents/guardian marched out of that bus at gunpoint and taken away. All within minutes. And after all that, she was surrounded by strangers and men with guns asking her questions and pointing camera phones at her. All this is way, way too much for a young mind to take in. undecided

Nigeria is a country that devours its young.
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by ndidibabe(f): 11:11pm On Feb 10
Godfullsam:
How I wish God can be treating people according to the candidate they voted for undecided ?

Are you sure Obi could have made a difference?
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by MUNCHING2024: 11:20pm On Feb 10
If you check very well, you will discover they are the same ones carrying out such dastardly acts.
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by okeyfrank: 11:22pm On Feb 10
The only thing that can save this failed country from total collapse are as follows;

Total Restructuring to TRUE FISCAL FEDERALISM with all the states as the federating units

Total Resource Control by the states with every state controlling all resources in the state and pay a certain percentage to the Federal Govt

State Policing, and state law enforcement agencies being controlled by the state independent of the Federal govt. ( This will end robbery & kidnapping, as well as Fulani herdsmen terrorism).

The alternative will be to balkernise this failed country into 37 countries, of which those that wish could merge and form their own unique countries.

Continuing with this failed arrangement will force citizens to arm themselves soon, so as to defend themselves from these terrorism
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by Umuinyioku: 12:34am On Feb 11
jmoore:

Try and get sense before it becomes too late. .
No kidnappers from your side or just trying to be folly on important national security issue?
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by Litmus: 12:42am On Feb 11
When one thinks of it, poverty capital of the world juxtaposed with kidnapping is somewhat of an oxymoron. I mean who would consider kidnapping as a carer where people generally are supposedly too poor for two square meals? undecided

Surely kidnapping is a relatively wealthy nation's symptom not a poor nation's one. A relatively wealthy nation with insecurity issues...
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by jaxxy(m): 12:59am On Feb 11
Failed state.
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by poseidon12: 1:34am On Feb 11
ekineme:

Don't say so, Many Nigerians are just misled and consequently makes poor judgement when it comes to choosing their leaders. Don't forget we rely on our community leaders for information and guidance. some cases once the district head is compromise that district is going to make wrong choice.

Every nation gets the leadership it deserves. Political science 101.
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by jimcaddy(m): 2:33am On Feb 11
Abeg carrying of gun will not stop kidnapping. The kidnappers have guns of superior quality than yours. So even if you have guns, chances are that you'll even be killed first are high.
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by aestake: 2:36am On Feb 11
forgiveness:

Kabba - Ikare road? I know that route. Safest until this news.

Going to Lagos from Abuja through Ibadan is now dangerous. It's finished.

Tinubu is playing with fire. The early he restructures the country, the better.
How to restructure?
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by sonofsteven: 2:41am On Feb 11
forgiveness:

Kabba - Ikare road? I know that route. Safest until this news.

Going to Lagos from Abuja through Ibadan is now dangerous. It's finished.

Tinubu is playing with fire. The early he restructures the country, the better.

My brother when I took sienna to Abuja,coming back

You see that forest wey road divided and trees covered ,I think ondo or osun forest

Can't remember, it's dangerous

Kidnapping much o and checkpoints dey low with either 2 or 3 soldiers there.... I don't think Peter obi fit save Nigeria because it has gone deeper to salvage
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by ufotunang: 6:03am On Feb 11
redsun:
All they should have done was invest genuinely in rural infrastructure and agricultural development,but the animals in charge are still lying to themselves and still ruthlessly syphoning the money for development. Even in the face of an impending total economic collapse,they are still adamant about their methods of embezzling public funds.
..abi....if the government address and tackle poverty hunger hardship unemployment inflation all this insecurity reduce and stop gradually
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by ufotunang: 6:05am On Feb 11
Government address poverty hunger hardship unemployment inflation and all this insecurity will reduce and stop gradually
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by Okeoghenerobert: 6:06am On Feb 11
This is very worrisome.Nobody is checking the influx of people coming to the south especially these Abokis and fulanis.
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by ufotunang: 6:11am On Feb 11
I do not support nigerians citizens owing guns...see what is happening in USA..mass shooting and unnecessary killings almost happening everyday.. because the USA citizens have the right to buy and own guns...with a country like nigeria where majority of people are lavishing in poverty hunger hardship unemployment to own guns... for hungry people , unemployed people facing hardship to have gun what do you expect they will do with it..they will use it to commit crime and the situation of insecurity in the country will be more worst...the solution is for the government to address poverty hunger hardship unemployment inflation and insecurity will reduce and stop gradually
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by ufotunang: 6:14am On Feb 11
Senator Ned Nwoke tell the federal government to address and tackle poverty hunger hardship, high rate of unemployment inflation ..and insecurity will reduce and stop gradually in nigeria.. instead of you advising that nigerians should own guns... that will even worsen the situation of insecurity in the country..see what it happening in USA...mass shooting and unnecessary killings
Re: GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned by temmyejo: 7:30am On Feb 11
greenermodels:
Nigerians deserves the type of leader that we have. Let's continue voting based on tribalism and religious attachment.
[/b]Nigerians do not wish for an end to this predicament, we just want it to favour us. [b][b][/b]Until we change our belief system, nothing will work out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Angry Youths Hold ‘pool Party’ On Dilapidated Federal Road In Otukpo (photos) / MC Oyeniyi Shogo: How Airline Official Recognized Me From Instagram / Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.