Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,603 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ (16478 Views)

Ebonyi Airport: Why Nigerian Airlines Refused To Fly To Ebonyi : Picture / Fuel Subsidy: Nigeria Facing Existential Threat, World Bank Warns / Ekiti 2018 Election: Olusola Eleka Raises Alarm Over Manipulation Of Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by Recardo(m): 4:28pm On Feb 11
nedekid:

2 out of my small businesses I have closed down. Sent all the workers packing. Locked up the place. Guess what, I am breathing better. It was a relief closing then down. No stress for salaries month end, no pressure for bills from local and state gov, no petrol, diesel cost, no pressure to restock amidst rising unstable prices etc.
Less pressure on me jare. The remaining businesses , I am still observing. It stresses I shut them down, over 100 workers go walka in that case.

Na online business win am now oo. No Inventory or buying of diesel, or employee wahala etc. It's just to find the right fit. Coz offline business for naija be like waste of time and resources at the moment
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by caye(m): 4:57pm On Feb 11
Johnjustice:
If we don't destroy dollars it will destroy Nigeria.

Ban dollar use inside Nigeria now. Naira is our legal tender, with this, it is illegal to spend any other currency inside Nigeria or use any other currency for payment.
No insults intended, but this topic seems to be above your age grade.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by Johnjustice: 5:59pm On Feb 11
caye:

No insults intended, but this topic seems to be above your age grade.
Methuselah carry your criminal wisdom forward, bloody dollar speculator. We don't use dollar in Nigeria, dollar use in Nigeria should be banned...do you use naira in UK or America?
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by Johnjustice: 6:01pm On Feb 11
Obinoscopy:
The aviation sector need to replace airplane parts during maintenance, they may also need foreign experts, these things need to be imported thus the need for dollars. Even aviation fuel needs to be imported. That's is to show you the kind of economy we have in this country. An import driven economy. So whether we like it or not, dollar is heavily needed by many businesses in this country. If those businesses collapses, more jobs will be lost and the economic woes continue.
You people should learn how to read...I said ban dollar use 'inside' Nigeria, spare parts for planes are not inside Nigeria, they are outside the country, so if course you buy with the trading currency. Read and assimilate before arguing.
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by Johnjustice: 6:04pm On Feb 11
whirlwind7:

You're no better than your ignorant president Jagaban, and the blockhead Buhari who preceded him grin

Individuals and organizations need forex to be spent for goods and services outside the country, not inside it.

Moreover, forex isn't just dollars, though USD is the most visible among all of them.

So long as there is importation/exportation, foreign trading and it's ancillary services, govt cannot ban the use of a foreign currency.

It is idìotic to even think about such stuff.
You have no idea what this is about.
Clown some people quote contracts in dollars in Nigeria, some workers get paid in dollars in Nigeria by companies in Nigeria, a lot of Nigerians spend dollars in Nigeria...a lot.
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by nedekid: 6:35pm On Feb 11
Recardo:

Na online business win am now oo. No Inventory or buying of diesel, or employee wahala etc. It's just to find the right fit. Coz offline business for naija be like waste of time and resources at the moment
Na so. Na to find business weh go earn money in hard currency. My regrets na say persin no by all those run down houses weh you go buy and renovate for Manchester 20 year+ ago. 18,19 20k pounds. All my paddies weh buy then don de earn heavy money through airbnb. Pounds that time na 180-200. Ie ₦18m na 100k pounds. Today 100k pounds na 180m! No be juju be that?
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by tctrills: 12:23am On Feb 12
Prigidypogodo:
angry

by the seven gods
by the celestial beings
by the lands and seas
without food and drink this early morning.
I curse anyone that helped in bringing calamity called Tinubu and Apc upon us just because of a mere banter.
I curse you and yours because this is purely wickedness.
lives have been loss
hope shattered
jobs lost
home broken
families in kidnappers den.
over 200 million Nigerians hungry just because you don't want a certain tribe to rule.
you made that choice knowing how the party you're supporting destroyed Nigeria for the past 8 years.
but you don't care.
all you cared was to come online and taunt those you think they lost.
your taunting at the expense of over 200m Nigerians.
Today I curse you and yours and the blood of the innocent spilled because of this administration incompetence is on your head and that of your generation.
it shall never be well with you.
So shall it be!
Amen
Amin
Iseee
Aseee
Amen
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by Obinoscopy(m): 1:17am On Feb 12
Johnjustice:

You people should learn how to read...I said ban dollar use 'inside' Nigeria, spare parts for planes are not inside Nigeria, they are outside the country, so if course you buy with the trading currency. Read and assimilate before arguing.
Bros calm down and think it through. If you agree that the airline should buy the parts with trading currency which is dollars, where will they get the dollars? They will need to get the dollars inside the country and then use it to buy parts outside the country.
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by Johnjustice: 7:52am On Feb 12
Obinoscopy:
Bros calm down and think it through. If you agree that the airline should buy the parts with trading currency which is dollars, where will they get the dollars? They will need to get the dollars inside the country and then use it to buy parts outside the country.
If you read my initial post you responded to...I did not say stop Nigerians from earning foreign exchange from abroad, of course the foreign exchange domiciled with the banks and financial institutions can be sold to importers of essential imports. What am saying is using dollar inside Nigeria, spraying it in parties, using it to spend as a means of showing off, some Nigerians also like carrying around dollars and spending inside Nigeria because you can carry lots of money easily, payment of salaries of workers inside Nigeria with dollars, shops around airports and invoices billing in dollars inside Nigeria, all these should be banned.

Dollars in the hands of Nigerians are being hoarded, causing an artificial scarcity, which is soaring dollar rates upwards.

The reason dollar is rising exponentially against naira, is because lots of Nigerians are collecting and hoarding the dollars, this in itself creates scarcity, and when they is scarcity price increases.

Hope you get my point now that I have broken it down for you.
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by AntiChristian: 8:52am On Feb 12
Macdeey:
How ? Una dey manufactur Aircraft parts ni ? Or una dey do C - Check or D- Check for Naija ?

grin
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by bluecircle470: 9:41pm On Feb 14
lexy2014:

how is "the system(curruption)" fighting back?

what is "the system(curruption)" fighting?

What a lame question… you’re not Smart in your thinking. It’s either bigotry or being dense

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by lexy2014: 10:06pm On Feb 14
bluecircle470:

What a lame question… you’re not Smart in your thinking. It’s either bigotry or being dense

are you saying that your claim below is lame?

bluecircle470:

Schedule check and services is just once in 6months. If they need forex they can go through the right channel and that’s through banks and CBN. Why are they crying foul if not that something is involved or the system(curruption)is fighting back

does your spelling of "corruption" as "curruption" demonstrate that you are not smart in your thinking?

how does bigotry or being dense concern the question I asked?

but since you are not dense, a bigot and are smart, then you should have challenges answering the questions.

1. how is "the system(curruption)" fighting back?

2, what is "the system(curruption)" fighting?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Will Not Issue Oil Wells Or Live Flamboyantly – Presidency / 'Free Sheikh Zakzaky' Rally In Katsina (Photos) / Brother Of Lt. Col. Umusu Killed By Boko Haram Writes Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.