Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,786 members, 7,813,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ (16468 Views)

Ebonyi Airport: Why Nigerian Airlines Refused To Fly To Ebonyi : Picture / Fuel Subsidy: Nigeria Facing Existential Threat, World Bank Warns / Ekiti 2018 Election: Olusola Eleka Raises Alarm Over Manipulation Of Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by 43Ronin: 6:46am On Feb 11
This is just 1 of it. By the time international banks start rejecting LCs from our importers that's the real shege. Now ronuites will say let's stop importation, but do you produce car, truck and trailer, aeroplane, shipping parts? Do you produce phones? Can you produce them without electricity? What the local ronu champions don't know is that their international ronu friends supported tinubu because they knew he would destroy the economy so they can acquire possessions. My rinu friend told me how happy he is now because instead of making $100k down payment for his yankee house, he will use it to buy 2 semi-detached in ajah and rent out grin this guy with his quack CBN governor who had successfully run down every company he worked for will do what he does best! Run down naija

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by CockPit: 6:48am On Feb 11
Johnjustice:
If we don't destroy dollars it will destroy Nigeria.

Ban dollar use inside Nigeria now. Naira is our legal tender, with this, it is illegal to spend any other currency inside Nigeria or use any other currency for payment.

When you sell your crude oil, collect naira as well sotigbo!
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by drehdinho(m): 7:01am On Feb 11
Imagine, airline companies are finding it difficult to maintain their airline as a result of the poor government policies. Citizens can’t travel by road anymore because of the increased kidnappings on our roads.

Farmers have similar fear, hence low farm productivity covered with high inflation of commodities and unemployment rate.

CBN governor of a whole country can’t attempt economic related questions thrown at him without reading from the scripts prepared for him.

What’s the point of an administration with no meaningful policy and direction.

This administration should hands off the government now or find a lasting solution to these barrage of solvable problems.

They should stop playing with people’s feelings, future and life. It’s enough.
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by victorclean(f): 7:04am On Feb 11
Everything halting in Nigeria. E mi lo kon.
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by bluefilm: 7:21am On Feb 11
This is what happens when you grab it and run away with it

Only to find out you are now running around in circles, aimlessly
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by NICOGRAVITY: 7:33am On Feb 11
The AVIATION INDUSTRY is an important integral to a sustainable economy and should be a priority at this time of national insecurity, volatile and incessant kidnapping.
This industry should be subsidised to enable more traffic as our roads are no longer safe and our water ways are not properly Channelled, neither our train safe at this time.
The only option of little assurance is the AVIATION INDUSTRY and should be subsidised.
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by bluefilm: 7:34am On Feb 11
Vikynas:
We will keep receiving punishment from God for rigging that 2023 presidential election in a broad daylight

I am not spiritual but I think you have a point there...

This whole topsy-turvy situation in the country in which every thing is falling apart right before our eyes and nothing seems to be working right could be a clear sign of the Arrow of God, expressing that the Gods are angry

People are no longer at Ease, and it will continue like that until a true man of the people ascends the throne.

Only then can we collectively say that we have a new Nigeria, because as far as the present day Nigeria under the Agbado leadership is concerned, there was a country!

Chinua Achebe is just too much.

God bless his soul.
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by DrMuzungu(m): 7:41am On Feb 11
slimfit1:
My President is the best, we will learn weither we like it or not. We will start feeding on the rich.

How will YOU benefit from the difficulties airlines (and many other businesses) are experiencing?
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by nedekid: 7:44am On Feb 11
Recardo:
Everything in Nigeria is collapsing.
2 out of my small businesses I have closed down. Sent all the workers packing. Locked up the place. Guess what, I am breathing better. It was a relief closing then down. No stress for salaries month end, no pressure for bills from local and state gov, no petrol, diesel cost, no pressure to restock amidst rising unstable prices etc.
Less pressure on me jare. The remaining businesses , I am still observing. It stresses I shut them down, over 100 workers go walka in that case.
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by skj1377(m): 7:44am On Feb 11
Blackfire:
All this fake news trying to discredit our dear president will fail

On his mandate all nigerians stand .

On his mandate hunger will soon kill you
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by lexy2014: 7:52am On Feb 11
bluecircle470:

Schedule check and services is just once in 6months. If they need forex they can go through the right channel and that’s through banks and CBN. Why are they crying foul if not that something is involved or the system(curruption)is fighting back

how is "the system(curruption)" fighting back?

what is "the system(curruption)" fighting?
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by Edusouls(m): 8:19am On Feb 11
Very good it’s like this am enjoying the show Nigerians don’t like Good thing, Abby una talk say Buhari na devil, Fulani blood sucker, cow, stark illiterate, Olodo soldier e.t.c, una never see something
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by bigdammyj: 9:11am On Feb 11
Prigidypogodo:
angry

by the seven gods
by the celestial beings
by the lands and seas
without food and drink this early morning.
I curse anyone that helped in bringing calamity called Tinubu and Apc upon us just because of a mere banter.
I curse you and yours because this is purely wickedness.
lives have been loss
hope shattered
jobs lost
home broken
families in kidnappers den.
over 200 million Nigerians hungry just because you don't want a certain tribe to rule.
you made that choice knowing how the party you're supporting destroyed Nigeria for the past 8 years.
but you don't care.
all you cared was to come online and taunt those you think they lost.
your taunting at the expense of over 200m Nigerians.
Today I curse you and yours and the blood of the innocent spilled because of this administration incompetence is on your head and that of your generation.
it shall never be well with you.
So shall it be!
Amen
Amin
Iseee
Aseee

It is well with your soul.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by slimfit1(m): 9:17am On Feb 11
DrMuzungu:

How will YOU benefit from the difficulties airlines (and many other businesses) are experiencing?

Nothing in Nigeria is working, this Tinubu has no idea with all the professors we have all over the world look at what the kind of people we end up with. Nobody in government now is ready to serve, they all want to be served. Tinubu don't need to be president now because it requires 24 attention. Let young people takeover their future. If it was me I would fight for someone young who is ready to serve with all his heart and mind, history will remember him for that.
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by Ezini(f): 9:20am On Feb 11
Prigidypogodo:
angry

by the seven gods
by the celestial beings
by the lands and seas
I curse anyone that helped in bringing calamity called Tinubu and Apc upon us just because of a mere banter.
lives have been loss
hope shattered
jobs lost
home broken
over 200 million Nigerians hungry just because you don't want a certain tribe to rule.
you made that choice knowing how the party you're supporting destroyed Nigeria for the past 8 years.
but you don't care.
Today I curse you and yours and the blood of the innocent spilled because of this administration incompetence is on your head and that of your generation.
So shall it be!
Amen
Amin
Iseee
Aseee

Haaaa! This is too much ooo
I can’t say Amen, let God himself do what he will for Nigeria

Btw
Where is Mannerbbqqgrills
He loves our darling daddy presido

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by nairalanda1(m): 9:23am On Feb 11
Brendaniel:
Bad governance - Election has consequences

Yes we should not have voted tinubu.

But, lets put politics aside, abeg. With debt eating over 90% of our revenue, if we like, vote out apc and yes we should have voted out apc because they did not diversify the ecnonomy which would have gone a long way to mitigate the isaues we face now

But as at last year, debt was eating 90percent of our revenue. Even if obi took over, subsidy would have gone and prices would have gone up.

Keeping subsidy would have meant more loans and more debt. Obi would have removed subsidy because it is that or we run out of forex . Then we would still have to remove subsidy anyway

Even tinubu that is keeping some form of subsidy is setting us for more debt tomorrow.

All we are seeing here is the result of economic polices that have not increased our income at all. Sad thing is apc no dey do the needed things self.

It is like you guys and the tinubu followers don't know how much trobule we are in.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by Brendaniel: 9:39am On Feb 11
nairalanda1:

But, lets put politics aside, abeg. With debt eating over 90% of our revenue, if we like, vote out apc and yes we should have voted out apc because they did not diversify the ecnonomy which would have gone a long way to mitigate the isaues we face now

But as at last year, debt was eating 90percent of our revenue. Even if obi took over, subsidy would have gone and prices would have gone up.

Keeping subsidy would have meant more loans and more debt. Obi would have removed subsidy because it is that or we run out of forex . Then we would still have to remove subsidy anyway

Even tinubu that is keeping some form of subsidy is setting us for more debt tomorrow.

All we are seeing here is the result of economic polices that have not increased our income at all. Sad thing is apc no dey do the needed things self.

It is like you guys and the tinubu followers don't know how much trobule we are in.

Oga, just keep all these your half baked analysis to yourself, good leadership matters in governance....
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by nairalanda1(m): 9:43am On Feb 11
Brendaniel:

Oga, just keep all these your half baked analysis to yourself, good leadership matters in governance....

Yes, i have told you that and i have also told you the issues we face from.bad governance that even your obi would have taken years to fix and i have also told you that apc and tinubu werw not the answer.

But because my analysis does not allign with yours, i am half baked eh.

I used to think better of you, ye know.

Good morning. Have a good day, and stop being abusive

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by Brendaniel: 9:50am On Feb 11
nairalanda1:

Yes, i have told you that and i have also told you the issues we face from.bad governance that even your obi would have taken years to fix and i have also told you that apc and tinubu werw not the answer.

But because my analysis does not allign with yours, i am half baked eh.

I used to think better of you, ye know.

Good morning. Have a good day, and stop being abusive

I'm sorry if I sounded insultive, I'm not just in the mood for typing long explanations now, normally I prefer talking than typing, I would have preferred having the conversation with you right now talking than typing it...

What I will just say is that right now good governance is what Nigeria needs and Tinubu is far from that...
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by Enemyofpeace: 10:30am On Feb 11
Going! Going!! Gone!!!
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by Captzoro: 10:34am On Feb 11
cheesy
Prigidypogodo:
angry

by the seven gods
by the celestial beings
by the lands and seas
lives have been loss
hope shattered
jobs lost
home broken
but you don't care.
So shall it be!
Amen
Amin
Iseee
Aseee
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by 2lateBiafra: 10:39am On Feb 11
NOW SHEGE DON PASS SHEGE WEE SEE DURING BUHARIS TENURE
ideatoprince18:
When u vote in SHeGE, u will see DHEGE PROMAX!!!

Ronuites will flood this thread and say the airline spokesperson is mr Peter Obi supporter.

Buhari was worse but not as worse as this .... To even imagine that Buhari said we will miss him when he is gone ..... chaiiiiii
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by ideatoprince18(m): 11:13am On Feb 11
2lateBiafra:
NOW SHEGE DON PASS SHEGE WEE SEE DURING BUHARIS TENURE
...... I swear.
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by rosemary67l: 11:21am On Feb 11
OkOk...
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by cucumbar: 11:33am On Feb 11
Brendaniel:

don’t mind that guy… na APC and Tinubu supporter. Anytime he sees where they mention fuel, his prick go stand and he begins to talk rubbish.

How can you remove subsidy without putting anything in place to cushion the effect? It can’t work.

Things will soon fall apart, that you will wish they didn’t remove subsidy the way they did.
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by whirlwind7(m): 12:17pm On Feb 11
Johnjustice:

Ban dollar use inside Nigeria now. Naira is our legal tender, with this, it is illegal to spend any other currency inside Nigeria or use any other currency for payment.

You're no better than your ignorant president Jagaban, and the blockhead Buhari who preceded him grin

Individuals and organizations need forex to be spent for goods and services outside the country, not inside it.

Moreover, forex isn't just dollars, though USD is the most visible among all of them.

So long as there is importation/exportation, foreign trading and it's ancillary services, govt cannot ban the use of a foreign currency.

It is idìotic to even think about such stuff.
You have no idea what this is about.
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by Macdeey: 12:55pm On Feb 11
AntiChristian:
Buy in naira na!
How ? Una dey manufactur Aircraft parts ni ? Or una dey do C - Check or D- Check for Naija ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by writeprof(m): 1:44pm On Feb 11
Johnjustice:

That's not the issue my friend. How many people use dollars in Nigeria? The CBN, politicians, and those supposed to manage the economy are not ready to do the needful which would not favour them.

Liberia uses USD and LRD officially, yet their economy is fairly ok. 1 USD equals btw 188 to 195 Liberia Dollar.
A 25kg bag of imported rice is 17-18 USD.
50kg is 34-35 USD
A mature frozen chicken is 500 - 550 LRD
12.5kg of gas is filled at 25USD

1USD is 10-11 Cedis in Ghana.

Dollarisation of Nigeria's economy is spearheaded by Nigerian politicians in connivance with the banking sector for their own interests.
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by Obinoscopy(m): 1:51pm On Feb 11
Johnjustice:

The aviation sector need to replace airplane parts during maintenance, they may also need foreign experts, these things need to be imported thus the need for dollars. Even aviation fuel needs to be imported. That's is to show you the kind of economy we have in this country. An import driven economy. So whether we like it or not, dollar is heavily needed by many businesses in this country. If those businesses collapses, more jobs will be lost and the economic woes continue.
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by Obinoscopy(m): 2:02pm On Feb 11
nairalanda1:

One thing I know for sure is that Obi would not have announced that "subsidy is gone" in his inauguration speech. He would have kept it to heart and put mechanisms in place to enable an easier subsidy removal. Also I know Peter Obi would have shown more compassion to the sufferings Nigerians are going through. He would have cut down the cost of government. He would have tasked Nigerians to engage more in production rather than consumption. It won't be easy, he might not even succeed with the economy, but we will all see the attempt. But I've always known all along that Tinubu is disconnected from the real challenges we are facing as a nation. I listened to him during the campaign and I saw that disconnection. I saw he was really declining due to his age. I really wonder how some Nigerians didn't see it. Perhaps they were blinded by the "emilokan" mantra. Well, now it's the turn of extreme poverty to say emilokan.
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by nairalanda1(m): 2:09pm On Feb 11
Obinoscopy:
One thing I know for sure is that Obi would not have announced that "subsidy is gone" in his inauguration speech. He would have kept it to heart and put mechanisms in place to enable an easier subsidy removal. Also I know Peter Obi would have shown more compassion to the sufferings Nigerians are going through. He would have cut down the cost of government. He would have tasked Nigerians to engage more in production rather than consumption. It won't be easy, he might not even succeed with the economy, but we will all see the attempt. But I've always known all along that Tinubu is disconnected from the real challenges we are facing as a nation. I listened to him during the campaign and I saw that disconnection. I saw he was really declining due to his age. I really wonder how some Nigerians didn't see it. Perhaps they were blinded by the "emilokan" mantra. Well, now it's the turn of extreme poverty to say emilokan.

He obi would have announced subsidy has gone.

With debt servicing eating 90% of our revenue no one taking charge would have had a.choice.

Like i said, and God is my witness, i am.no Tinubu supporter, we are in effing dire straits.

If apc diversified the economy between 2015 and 2023 or they had kept their mouths shut in 2012 when gej wanted to remove subsidy, we won't havebeen in paradise, but ot won't have been this bad either.
Re: Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ by Obinoscopy(m): 2:28pm On Feb 11
nairalanda1:

He obi would have announced subsidy has gone.

With debt servicing eating 90% of our revenue no one taking charge would have had a.choice.

Like i said, and God is my witness, i am.no Tinubu supporter, we are in effing dire straits.

If apc diversified the economy between 2015 and 2023 or they had kept their mouths shut in 2012 when gej wanted to remove subsidy, we won't havebeen in paradise, but ot won't have been this bad either.
Lets agree to disagree on what Obi would have said during his inauguration.

However I agree with you that APC has failed woefully. The scary part of all of these is that they don't even realise it. Another scary part of all these is that some people still support this APC government because this 8 years is their turn....emilokan philosophy. Unless we, the people, set our priorities right in this country. Unless we remove this emilokan nonsense and vote competence and compassion, we are going nowhere.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Running Govt Of Exclusion, Behaving Like Dictator - Salihu Lukman / Catholic Church Clears Ngige Over Purported Attack On Priest / PHOTO: Gov. Aregbesola Visits Gov. Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.