Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,587 members, 7,820,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. (3075 Views)

Breaking: Don't Blame Me On My Last Interview. It's Not Easy Defending Tinubu / Travelling To The East For Xmas? See What Igbos Go Through In Military Checkpoin / What Igbos Must Learn From Buhari's Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by nairalanda1(m): 6:22pm On Feb 11
Procashtips:

You still don't understand history even if read to you in full.

Now go back to the interview and tell us where Putin said so.

Kiev was a city within the Russian Empire

If I'm wrong, kindly tell us the name of the empire the so called prince lived in and the kingdom or the empire his father who's supposed to be a king ruled.

I'm waiting.

At least history has told us about the Russian Empire, Is there a Kiev empire or an Ukrainian Empire?

Key word...empire.

Ukraine was a part of the Russian empire, just as Nigeria was a part of the British empire.

INfact at one point, Ukraine was split between Austria, Poland and Russia...and remained that way for years.

It's only just now, they have gotten independent.

Russia is invading them because they want a friendly goverment on their southern border....and Ukraine is fighting back because they want to defend their independence.

You should not back a side. This is just the same old complicated independence and so forth things that has happened throughout history.
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by paramakina202: 6:29pm On Feb 11
Minsk24:

What partnership is the Russians offering that is very different? Will the sahel states not pay for Russian security services? If the sahel states dont wise up and keep their house in order, will Russia fold its arms and do nothing?
Do u not think that the Russians will be closely watching politics in these countries in order to protect their interests. ? If a new leader of niger comes in tomorrow and is considered a threat to kremlins interest..do u feel Putin will sit on his hands? Will he not look for loophole to sponsor a coup or to destabilize the state?

Russia offered them a better deal than their former colonial master has over the centuries and if Russia at any time become a disappointment the host nations have every right to pullout of whatever agreement they have made with them.
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by paramakina202: 6:34pm On Feb 11
Leonyluiz:

Are you retarded? The four so called freed african countries. Have you seen what russian military did in those regions?

Are you a psychopath?What did they do that your colonial masters didn't worse?
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by paramakina202: 6:41pm On Feb 11
nairalanda1:

Nope, getting rid of influence of colonial leaders does not mean good leadership...and it does not mean I support continued rule from London, Paris, or even new rule from Moscow.

At the end, we have bad leaders, and that is independent of whoever colonial power is ruling us. Infact, the Western nations want us to do well. Because that means

1.A large consumer base with disposable income for their products

2.Black people don't come running to their countires in the name of japa

3.Cheaper manufactued goods and servicies.

A chronically poor Africa is a big problem for western nations.

Like I said, USA virtually runs Korea south and Japan. Yet both countries are working well...and no it is not because white people think Asians are equal to them...racisim towards Asians is a thing....but because their leaders chose to run their countries well, and crucially, they let the free market do its thing.

Here in Nigeria we subsidise power and the petrol sector...which forces both sectors to run at a loss, which means that we cannot have energy to fuel industrial growth and development, because we think that that energy should be so cheap.

Meanwhile, most of our income comes from selling raw materials whose prices we do not control.

We want russian help for the same reason we want chinese help. Free stuff. We don't want to build things for ourselves. Same reason why we followed the colonial leaders. Free stuff.

ANd we got bad government because we think that good economics means sharing money equitably. Rubbish. Good economics means being productive. We are not productive, which is why we are broke.

ANd russia is an empire too by the way, and used to colonise just as bad as other European nations. They did it to Asians and other European countries, which is why you don't see it here.

Those four west African nations has made their choice to booth out France from their country.Respect that.
The anti France military coup that took over those countries wouldn't have succeeded if France was not exploiting the people and their natural resources.
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by christistruth01: 6:56pm On Feb 11
Procashtips:

You still don't understand history even if read to you in full.

Now go back to the interview and tell us where Putin said so.

Kiev was a city within the Russian Empire

If I'm wrong, kindly tell us the name of the empire the so called prince lived in and the kingdom or the empire his father who's supposed to be a king ruled.

I'm waiting.

At least history has told us about the Russian Empire, Is there a Kiev empire or an Ukrainian Empire?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kievan_Rus%27

Prince Vladimir of Kiev was the founding Ancestor of Ukraine and Later Russia

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Vladimir-I

Ukraine gave birth to Russia
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by bdon12: 7:02pm On Feb 11
Goodmarlian:

oga make we hear word !
how many countries did russia colonize,did russia participate in slave trade? the west is a curse to the world land of psychopaths and draconians.
I work with russians....n ur opinion is not their opinion.most of dem do not support the invasion.Also,Ukraine on their side I guilty of invading n killing helpless civilians that are Russian speaking community under ukraine.My advice is don't put mouth in tins u don't understand. Both sides have erred t Russian own is worse by dragging 2 countries into a physical war.
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by Minsk24: 7:11pm On Feb 11
paramakina202:

Russia offered them a better deal than their former colonial master has over the centuries and if Russia at any time become a disappointment the host nations have every right to pullout of whatever agreement they have made with them.
Guy you are still a learner grin
Lol, u think geo-politics works as easy as that... Russia influence in Africa is a welcome development, but the onus lies on the junta to lay the foundations of a new order in their respective states....
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by Minsk24: 7:14pm On Feb 11
paramakina202:

Those four west African nations has made their choice to booth out France from their country.Respect that.
The anti France military coup that took over those countries wouldn't have succeeded if France was not exploiting the people and their natural resources.
Lol , so its Russia that will not exploit natural resources, people like u forget that it was the west financial support that laid the foundations for the new states in the post colonial era, so how do u pay all these debts? And u have corrupt and foolish leaders who are power drunk, this enables the west to exploit more...
So what will happen if the respective junta fails to pay their debts to Russia? Russia will forgive the debt or will continue exploitation of resources? Answer for yourselves...
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by Procashtips(m): 7:22pm On Feb 11
christistruth01:

Prince Vladimir of Kiev was the founding Ancestor of Ukraine and Later Russia

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Vladimir-I

Ukraine gave birth to Russia

Kiev means (Borderline), Kiev was a border city in the Russian Empire. It was once the capital of the empire before it was moved.

Ukraine as a language is a corruption of Russian, Polish and Hungarian language.

Meaning the country Ukraine was created out of Russian, Polish, Romanian and Hungarian lands.

Lastly, you didn't answer the question, which kingdom or Empire did the so called prince rule and which empire or kingdom did his father the king rule?

If you claim someone else came from you, tell us the kingdom or Empire you had that they came out of.

We know of the Russian Empire, so tell us that of Kiev or Ukraine.
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by Procashtips(m): 7:27pm On Feb 11
nairalanda1:

Key word...empire.

Ukraine was a part of the Russian empire, just as Nigeria was a part of the British empire.

INfact at one point, Ukraine was split between Austria, Poland and Russia...and remained that way for years.

It's only just now, they have gotten independent.

Russia is invading them because they want a friendly goverment on their southern border....and Ukraine is fighting back because they want to defend their independence.

You should not back a side. This is just the same old complicated independence and so forth things that has happened throughout history.

You only supported my view.

As for the last part of your comments.

Russia is not trying to take over Ukraine, they have no such need, rather they are stopping Ukraine from becoming a satellite country in which their enemies get to strike them. (NATO).

If Russia allowed Ukraine to break out in 1991, why would they now want them back when Ukraine is not even better off?

Ukraine has been a willing tool in the hands of the west and this Russia won't allow.

Biolabs and All that built in Ukraine to strike Russia from close range.

Enough said.

I think Putin also mentioned why they are in Ukraine
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by nairalanda1(m): 7:35pm On Feb 11
paramakina202:

And russia would basically be like the uk, france and usa.

No country is your friend..they all have interests. All of them.

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by nairalanda1(m): 7:37pm On Feb 11
Procashtips:

Russia is not trying to take over Ukraine, they have no such need, rather they are stopping Ukraine from becoming a satellite country in which their enemies get to strike them. (NATO).

If Russia allowed Ukraine to break out in 1991, why would they now want them back when Ukraine is not even better off?

Ukraine has been a willing tool in the hands of the west and this Russia won't allow.

Enough said.

No, I just pointed out that Ukraine has the right not to be Russia's poodle, and russia has the right to secure borders.

Even then, russia has no right to invade Ukraine.
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by christistruth01: 7:38pm On Feb 11
Procashtips:

Kiev means (Borderline), Kiev was a border city in the Russian Empire. It was once the capital of the empire before it was moved.

Ukraine as a language is a corruption of Russian, Polish and Hungarian language.

Meaning the country Ukraine was created out of Russian, Polish, Romanian and Hungarian lands.

Lastly, you didn't answer the question, which kingdom or Empire did the so called prince rule and which empire or kingdom did his father the king rule?

If you claim someone else came from you, tell us the kingdom or Empire you had that they came out of.

We know of the Russian Empire, so tell us that of Kiev or Ukraine.

The Russian empire didn't exist till the 17th Century

Before then it was Prince Vladimir of Kiev and his descendants running things

The Russian empire and the Royal family were offshoots of Prince Vladimir of Kiev and his descendants

Even Vladimir Putin himself is named after Prince Vladimir of kiev
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by Procashtips(m): 7:43pm On Feb 11
christistruth01:

The Russian empire didn't exist till the 17th Century

Before then it was Prince Vladimir of Kiev and his descendants running things

The Russian empire and the Royal family were offshoots of Prince Vladimir of Kiev and his descendants

Even Vladimir Putin himself is named after Prince Vladimir of kiev

Running things where?

What was the place they were running things called?
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by Benzigler: 7:48pm On Feb 11
3ice9ce:

When you finally produce a President, you can ask him. grin

Till then, keep running from referendum to election to marginalisation to mandate to sit at home, back to tribunal.

See the werey wey wan ask President question.

Sound like someone who has been well deserved dealt with by the GREAT IGBOS, just love your wailing since today morning
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by DaddyJapan(m): 8:05pm On Feb 11
Goodmarlian:

oga make we hear word !
how many countries did russia colonize,did russia participate in slave trade? the west is a curse to the world land of psychopaths and draconians.

Erm...Russia had it own colonies too.
You can read about various conquests and forced annexation here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_imperialism#Russian_colonial_expansion

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by Minsk24: 8:26pm On Feb 11
Procashtips:

Enough said.

You have valid points there...but all the talk of Nato wanting to attack Russia is pure bullshit, this is the same Russia that invaded Ukraine in 2014 and instigated rebellion in the east...so talks of biolabs and co na lamba...
Russia invaded Ukraine for strategic reasons, yes , stopping Ukraine from being a NATO member is one...
In my opinion, Russia getting undisputed access to the black sea is very critical and strategic for its national security
Putin would have also guessed that Nato and the west will be divided and also with the ban of gas to Europe , perceived that it could lead to uprisings...
I also feel he felt this war could set the tone to upend the US led global order, and Putin has achieved alot strategically with this war, the muted response from the global south is a big win...
I feel this war will be a strategic victory for Russia, dude is still popular at home and will cling onto power, his influence in the global south has increased as anti-west sentiment grows ..the war has fueled the need for upending the US led financial system...that will only be possible if Brics can come up with a solution...
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by Lawly: 8:26pm On Feb 11
kettykin:
I am not a fan of putin or Russia because of the role soviet union played against the emergence of Biafra, everything putin is accusing the west of is what Russia is quilty of .

Go and check countries civil war were Russia backed a side and the level of atrocities that Russian backed sides committed against defenseless people, check north Korea vs south Korea, Vietnam War, world War 2, Nigerian Civil War , the Syrian war etc.

Russia will pay double for its atrocities. The only country that looks like it will suffer more than Russia until It is wiped off the face the world looks like Nigeria , Nigeria is battling serious economic decline, internal strife and civil war against insurgents, rise of hunger induced crime like banditry, kidnapping, Ransome taking, free fall of the currency ,infrastructure decay, over inflation and deflation at the same time. Nigeria's case is more interesting,in that leadership has failed and hyenas and vultures have vested in themselves the control of the animal kingdom away from the lions

Am happy someone truly knows history. Unlike all the noisy ignorant Gen Zs that litter the internet space.

Bravo brother. Thank you ❤️
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by bluefilm: 8:34pm On Feb 11
Goodmarlian:
putins yesterdays interview was one of the best any leader can ever deliver, i dont even think any American 21st century president is that intelligent,talkless of Nigeria no wonder they have failed in all their attempt to overthrow putin.
putin singlehandedly summarised Russian history in less than 2 hours, people learned what they have never learnt about russia even in school you will see in putin a leader who loves and wants to unify his motherland ,Did you know the modern day ukraine is the motherland of all russian speaking people?
the first first russian civilization started in ukraine named (kievan Rus) kiev was the capital when moscow was just a village,but russia lost ukraine to other more powerful states like hungary and poland but later reconquered the land,when ukraine was under the rule of poland and hungary there were attempt to alter or disrussify the identity of russians living in ukraine that was were the ukrainian identity emerged,ukrainian language is a corrupted russian mother tongue,
this is exactly what the Nigerian state did to the igbos in the south south,alter their identity and worked very fine,well as a fan of putin i believe real countries are not neccesarily unified peacefully it is through blood and struggle,paraventure Nigeria breaks up in the future we must claim unify every inch of our motherland outside the southeast at all costs its non negotiatiable from the igbos in benue,kogi,Rivers,delta every inch of the 41000 square kilometers of igboland.

What if the people you are trying to unify don't want to be joined to you?

Would you rather force them thru the shedding of blood, like you suggested?
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by Procashtips(m): 8:41pm On Feb 11
Minsk24:

You have valid points there...but all the talk of Nato wanting to attack Russia is pure bullshit, this is the same Russia that invaded Ukraine in 2014 and instigated rebellion in the east...so talks of biolabs and co na lamba...
Russia invaded Ukraine for strategic reasons, yes , stopping Ukraine from being a NATO member is one...
In my opinion, Russia getting undisputed access to the black sea is very critical and strategic for its national security
Putin would have also guessed that Nato and the west will be divided and also with the ban of gas to Europe , perceived that it could lead to uprisings...
I also feel he felt this war could set the tone to upend the US led global order, and Putin has achieved alot strategically with this war, the muted response from the global south is a big win...
I feel this war will be a strategic victory for Russia, dude is still popular at home and will cling onto power, his influence in the global south has increased as anti-west sentiment grows ..the war has fueled the need for upending the US led financial system...that will only be possible if Brics can come up with a solution...

Do you know why NATO was created?
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by Minsk24: 8:45pm On Feb 11
Procashtips:

Do you know why NATO was created?
Part of the reason or the major reason was to deter soviet expansionism after ww2....if the Soviet Union did not pose a threat to other European states, there would be no NATO...
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by Procashtips(m): 8:54pm On Feb 11
Minsk24:

Part of the reason or the major reason was to deter soviet expansionism after ww2....if the Soviet Union did not pose a threat to other European states, there would be no NATO...

You see you

It was created to counter USSR because America feared they'd give them the run for their money.

In the end, NATO has now become the so called USSR they were trying to counter.

USSR didn't even expand more than what they were prior to the creation of NATO.

After the demise of USSR, why did NATO not also end? Because their MAJOR aim wasn't to really counter USSR but to become the new "world power".
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:26pm On Feb 11
Goodmarlian:
putins yesterdays interview was one of the best any leader can ever deliver, i dont even think any American 21st century president is that intelligent,talkless of Nigeria no wonder they have failed in all their attempt to overthrow putin.
putin singlehandedly summarised Russian history in less than 2 hours, people learned what they have never learnt about russia even in school you will see in putin a leader who loves and wants to unify his motherland ,Did you know the modern day ukraine is the motherland of all russian speaking people?
the first first russian civilization started in ukraine named (kievan Rus) kiev was the capital when moscow was just a village,but russia lost ukraine to other more powerful states like hungary and poland but later reconquered the land,when ukraine was under the rule of poland and hungary there were attempt to alter or disrussify the identity of russians living in ukraine that was were the ukrainian identity emerged,ukrainian language is a corrupted russian mother tongue,
this is exactly what the Nigerian state did to the igbos in the south south,alter their identity and worked very fine,well as a fan of putin i believe real countries are not neccesarily unified peacefully it is through blood and struggle,paraventure Nigeria breaks up in the future we must claim unify every inch of our motherland outside the southeast at all costs its non negotiatiable from the igbos in benue,kogi,Rivers,delta every inch of the 41000 square kilometers of igboland.

Delusional fantasy.
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by Abufo: 9:37pm On Feb 11
kettykin:
I am not a fan of putin or Russia because of the role soviet union played against the emergence of Biafra, everything putin is accusing the west of is what Russia is quilty of .

Go and check countries civil war were Russia backed a side and the level of atrocities that Russian backed sides committed against defenseless people, check north Korea vs south Korea, Vietnam War, world War 2, Nigerian Civil War , the Syrian war etc.

Russia will pay double for its atrocities. The only country that looks like it will suffer more than Russia until It is wiped off the face the world looks like Nigeria , Nigeria is battling serious economic decline, internal strife and civil war against insurgents, rise of hunger induced crime like banditry, kidnapping, Ransome taking, free fall of the currency ,infrastructure decay, over inflation and deflation at the same time. Nigeria's case is more interesting,in that leadership has failed and hyenas and vultures have vested in themselves the control of the animal kingdom away from the lions

It is best to limit your contribution to subjects you are well grounded in! The only part you got right in your post was the regretable role they played in subjugating the Biafran republic ...knowing fully well that America,UK and OAU were already siding with Nigeria! The rest of your submission is not founded on facts.................Russia did not colonize any nation in africa, on the contrary they fought on the side of SWAPO in Namibia, fought with Mugabe in Zimbabwe,fought with ANC in south africa etc.............they even fought with Ethiopia when Italy first invaded that country in 1885....yes 1885!!! no be today!

Russia will prevail in Ukraine like they did in Georgia,Chchyna,Syria etc...........The west does not have the self belief to go full hog with Russia!
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by christistruth01: 9:40pm On Feb 11
Procashtips:

Running things where?

What was the place they were running things called?

But You said you knew Russian History?
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by Minsk24: 9:41pm On Feb 11
Procashtips:

You see you

It was created to counter USSR because America feared they'd give them the run for their money.

In the end, NATO has now become the so called USSR they were trying to counter.

USSR didn't even expand more than what they were prior to the creation of NATO.

After the demise of USSR, why did NATO not also end? Because their MAJOR aim wasn't to really counter USSR but to become the new "world power".
Who is feeding u all this gibberish abeg...the states that came under soviet sphere of influence, how did it happen, was it not aftermath of the war?
The entire Baltic countries of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.
Western Belorussia (taken from Poland).
Western Ukraine (taken from Poland and Romania)
The western part of Moldavia (taken from Romania)

After the fall of USSR, Russia still remained a threat to the new formed states, NATO expansionism is mutual, the small countries wants to join NATO, NATO is not forcing anybody...the same russia set alarm bells ringing with its invasion of moldova in the 1990's what of its military operations to prevent the cacaus regions from seceding?
It was clear that Russia was a threat to the new nations, it was logical for the new countries to seek defence from NATO...
When u talk about world power, Russia stood no chance to compete with the US after the end of Soviet Union, NATO or no NATO, the US was the undisputed global hegemon..
Russia has invaded Ukraine, the results is Finland and Sweden joining NATO...
If u are a small post Soviet country with russia as ur neighbor, will u not seek NATO?
Remember that Russia invaded Georgia in 2008 and annexed some of its territories....its always russia doing the territorial expansion, yet they cry as victims.... countries are begging to join NATO, Russia is using force to gain Territory, see the difference?
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by Rahkman: 9:58pm On Feb 11
Goodmarlian:
supported

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by Procashtips(m): 10:07pm On Feb 11
Minsk24:

Who is feeding u all this gibberish abeg...the states that came under soviet sphere of influence, how did it happen, was it not aftermath of the war?
The entire Baltic countries of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.
Western Belorussia (taken from Poland).
Western Ukraine (taken from Poland and Romania)
The western part of Moldavia (taken from Romania)

After the fall of USSR, Russia still remained a threat to the new formed states, NATO expansionism is mutual, the small countries wants to join NATO, NATO is not forcing anybody...the same russia set alarm bells ringing with its invasion of moldova in the 1990's what of its military operations to prevent the cacaus regions from seceding?
It was clear that Russia was a threat to the new nations, it was logical for the new countries to seek defence from NATO...
When u talk about world power, Russia stood no chance to compete with the US after the end of Soviet Union, NATO or no NATO, the US was the undisputed global hegemon..
Russia has invaded Ukraine, the results is Finland and Sweden joining NATO...
If u are a small post Soviet country with russia as ur neighbor, will u not seek NATO?
Remember that Russia invaded Georgia in 2008 and annexed some of its territories....its always russia doing the territorial expansion, yet they cry as victims.... countries are begging to join NATO, Russia is using force to gain Territory, see the difference?

I have mor important thing to do right now but what I wrote up there can be seen online.

Enjoy your ight
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by Procashtips(m): 10:08pm On Feb 11
christistruth01:

But You said you knew Russian History?
. You're just wasting my time.
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by Gmajor(m): 10:14pm On Feb 11
You and Putin dey craze.
Gullible lot
Mtchew
Re: What Igbos Should Learn From Putins Last Interview. by Minsk24: 10:19pm On Feb 11
Procashtips:

I have mor important thing to do right now but what I wrote up there can be seen online.

Enjoy your ight
Yes ,facts is fact, irrespective of ur emotions...good night

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Viral Videos Show Nigerians Being Flogged To Get Free Yam, Bread In Lagos Amid H / The Execution Of "Doctor" Ishola Oyenusi - A Notorious Armed Robber - In 1971 / Omisore’s Political Career Over – Makinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.