Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

AFCON FINAL: Super Eagles Lost Because Of Tinubu’s Bad Government - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AFCON FINAL: Super Eagles Lost Because Of Tinubu’s Bad Government (1129 Views)

WE ALL NEED TO WEAR RED NORTHERNERS PROTESTING ABOUT TINUBU BAD GOVT / I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo / Moment Senator Wamako Disagreed With Wike For Saying He Lost Because Of Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON FINAL: Super Eagles Lost Because Of Tinubu’s Bad Government by TopBanter: 9:46am On Feb 12
dealslip:

32 teams started and SE was one of the last two, is it the bad government that made it reach the final? Games are won and lost. If your tactics is right you win if not you loose. The CIV team that won has a worst government than Nigeria. Their president, whom the whole of Africa fought for to become president in 2010 is now on a third term which the CIV constitution doesn't permit. He is worse than the people you insult here. I don't think any politician can pull a third term bid in Nigeria successfully but he did throwing the nation into serious unrest which is still affecting their economy till today but guess what they won the AFCON. The failure of SE last night rest squarely on the shoulders of the coach.

Again, 100% correct. So many Nigerians have unstable mentality because of the toxic indoctrination of over-religiosity plus ethno-religious and sectional hatred of others to the extent they can no longer think effectively, rationally and productively.

What we saw from that Final yesterday is the result of negative coaching strategy. Nothing more and nothing less.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON FINAL: Super Eagles Lost Because Of Tinubu’s Bad Government by dealslip(f): 9:48am On Feb 12
TopBanter:

God bless you ojare. We all saw the possession statiscie of like 28% to Nigeria and 72% to CIV consistently throughout the game and this misguided OP still delivered his offensive rant here.

I will continue to insist Nigeria is in trouble because of bad leadership and very poor followers too. Perhaps the latter is even more culpable over where we find ourselves today.

What kind of solution can someone like the OP, along with others who think like him, ever offer their nation in time.of need other than spiritual mumbo jumbo talk whe we need practical solutions predicated on facts, logical thinking, scientific applications etal.
Na wa.

I am telling you. It's so sad seeing youths reason this way, to the point of attributing people's luck to the success of a team. Honestly it so daft to attribute luck to everything. Out of 32 teams, two made it to the final. Some of the countries that had fallen out of AFCON have better government than Nigeria, why didn't their government performance help them reach the final.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON FINAL: Super Eagles Lost Because Of Tinubu’s Bad Government by TopBanter: 10:07am On Feb 12
dealslip:

I am telling you. It's so sad seeing youths reason this way, to the point of attributing people's luck to the success of a team. Honestly it so daft to attribute luck to everything. Out of 32 teams, two made it to the final. Some of the countries that had fallen out of AFCON have better government than Nigeria, why didn't their government performance help them reach the final.

It is 100% about irredeemable self-hatred or the irrational hatred many Nigerians host in their heart for others because of ethnic, religious and sectional prejudice.

Otherwise what would prompt any Nigerian to ignore the fact we achieved a great thing , out of 32 teams, reaching the finals of AFCON when, as you correctly stated, nations with better government than Nigeria, like Egypt, were knocked out earlier?

What right do we have to assume we must win the final.only to then be cursing our nation's President and invoking crazy talk of spiritual mumbo jumbo when that did not happen?

As it is, we are the second best footballing nation in Africa. All balanced Nigerians should be happy with that, be proud of our boys and urge them to do better next time. Simple.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON FINAL: Super Eagles Lost Because Of Tinubu’s Bad Government by Bebigiby1: 10:37am On Feb 12
The last time Nigeria won AFCON was under GEJ government, I watched the final…. You may not agree with me there are consequences for allowing evil people to rule you. You make a case regarding CIV president been worst than Nigerian leaders but go and check his performance and economic gains of the country under his rule (https://www.africanews.com/amp/2020/10/29/poverty-and-growth-ouattara-s-economic-record-turns-mixed-results/)….. then compare that to the 8 year APC rule you will swallow your earlier statement…. What is Buhari and Tinubu’s economic records? Nigeria has evil corrupt leaders and terrible economy coupled with insecurity…. A third term bid didn’t stop majority of the people of Ivory Coast from loving him…. As I said earlier we can’t reap success when injustice and corruption reigns supreme….a terrible situation that permeates all facets of our polity, sports, Super Eagles is not an exception….. Nothing good can come from evil APC government until we rise above tribal sentiments and demand for good governance….

dealslip:

32 teams started and SE was one of the last two, is it the bad government that made it reach the final? Games are won and lost. If your tactics is right you win if not you loose. The CIV team that won has a worst government than Nigeria. Their president, whom the whole of Africa fought for to become president in 2010 is now on a third term which the CIV constitution doesn't permit. He is worse than the people you insult here. I don't think any politician can pull a third term bid in Nigeria successfully but he did throwing the nation into serious unrest which is still affecting their economy till today but guess what they won the AFCON. The failure of SE last night rest squarely on the shoulders of the coach.
Re: AFCON FINAL: Super Eagles Lost Because Of Tinubu’s Bad Government by dealslip(f): 10:42am On Feb 12
TopBanter:

It is 100% about irredeemable self-hatred or the irrational hatred many Nigerians host in their heart for others because of ethnic, religious and sectional prejudice.

Otherwise what would prompt any Nigerian to ignore the fact we achieved a great thing , out of 32 teams, reaching the finals of AFCON when, as you correctly stated, nations with better government than Nigeria, like Egypt, were knocked out earlier?

What right do we have to assume we must win the final.only to then be cursing our nation's President and invoking crazy talk of spiritual mumbo jumbo when that did not happen?

As it is, we are the second best footballing nation in Africa. All balanced Nigerians should be happy with that, be proud of our boys and urge them to do better next time. Simple.
Spot on sir!! That's the word right there that perfectly depicts some Nigerians - Irredeemable Self Hatred. I wish a orientation program of self love can be introduced into the Nigerian educational curriculum. It's heart breaking that we blame everything whenever things don't go our way. Some of this people can even blame the Jersey SE wore or the football itself. No self reflection at any time, the blame is always on the outside. That is the greatest self defeatist mindset of all time.
Re: AFCON FINAL: Super Eagles Lost Because Of Tinubu’s Bad Government by dealslip(f): 10:47am On Feb 12
Bebigiby1:
The last time Nigeria won AFCON was under GEJ government, I watched the final…. You may not agree with me there are consequences for allowing evil people to rule you. You make a case regarding CIV president been worst than Nigerian leaders but go and check his performance and economic gains of the country under his rule (https://www.africanews.com/amp/2020/10/29/poverty-and-growth-ouattara-s-economic-record-turns-mixed-results/)….. then compare that to the 8 year APC rule you will swallow your earlier statement…. What is Buhari and Tinubu economic records? Nigeria has evil corrupt leaders and terrible economy coupled with insecurity…. A third term bid didn’t stop majority of the people of Ivory Coast from loving him…. As said earlier we can’t reap success when injustice and corruption reigns supreme….in a terrible situation permeates all facets of our polity, sports, Super Eagles is not an exception

So who is to blame for Argentina's win over France at the last world cup finals knowing Argentina is not at par with France when it comes to development and the state of the nation? In 1994 when we won AFCON and Olympics 96, we were under a despot, a tyrant and an extremely evil man who assassinated every opposing voice and stole the nation blind. Nigerians were suffering more than this and lived in perpetual fear, how did we win those two titles? There was a good coach who played good tactics. Making it to the final already make Nigeria a legend!!! Can you see the positive side to it. France was an extremely good team but lost to Argentina. It has nothing to do with government. Minions don't make it to the final!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON FINAL: Super Eagles Lost Because Of Tinubu’s Bad Government by Bebigiby1: 10:53am On Feb 12
As I said you won’t agree with me…. there are consequences for allowing evil people to rule you…. Let’s continue to deceive ourselves in the country…. I still maintain that Shetimma’s presence at the final was a liability to the team….

dealslip:

So who is to blame for Argentina's win over France at the last world cup finals knowing Argentina is not at par with France when it comes to development and the state of the nation? In 1994 when we won AFCON and Olympics 96, we were under a despot, a tyrant and an extremely evil man who assassinated every opposing voice and stole the nation blind. Nigerians were suffering more than this and lived in perpetual fear, how did we win those two titles? There was a good coach who played good tactics. Making it to the final already make Nigeria a legend!!! Can you see the positive side to it. France was an extremely good team but lost to Argentina. It has nothing to do with government. Minions don't make it to the final!!!
Re: AFCON FINAL: Super Eagles Lost Because Of Tinubu’s Bad Government by Bebigiby1: 10:59am On Feb 12
You will continue to compare these countries without checking facts completely…… let’s continue to deceive ourselves….

dealslip:

Re: AFCON FINAL: Super Eagles Lost Because Of Tinubu’s Bad Government by dealslip(f): 11:12am On Feb 12
Bebigiby1:
As I said you won’t agree with me…. there are consequences for allowing evil people to rule you…. Let’s continue to deceive ourselves in the country…. I still maintain that Shetimma’s presence at the final was a liability to the team….

Jesus!! I just showed you our success under a true evil man with zero government presence but you choose to believe what you want to believe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON FINAL: Super Eagles Lost Because Of Tinubu’s Bad Government by dealslip(f): 11:13am On Feb 12
Bebigiby1:
You will continue to compare these countries without checking facts completely…… let’s continue to deceive ourselves….

You yourselves check by yourself the better of the nation but you are stuck in that mindset, I can't change it.
Re: AFCON FINAL: Super Eagles Lost Because Of Tinubu’s Bad Government by Bebigiby1: 11:46am On Feb 12
What you showed regarding Ivorian president was half baked and many of his people Iove him…. He has done exceptionally well compared to the Nigerian leaders you’re defending….

dealslip:

You yourselves check by yourself the better of the nation but you are stuck in that mindset, I can't change it.
Re: AFCON FINAL: Super Eagles Lost Because Of Tinubu’s Bad Government by IamAtikulate: 11:53am On Feb 12
AbaganaMiracle:

Aboki, cry us a river. Next is your cesspit going down and we Biafrans will be responsible. Futa jalon loading. Get your mats and bags ready.
Abum ezigbote Nwafo. Ga na my profile gbara anya gi krismas. O bughi onye bula so unu na ezuzu

😂😂😂
Re: AFCON FINAL: Super Eagles Lost Because Of Tinubu’s Bad Government by Bebigiby1: 11:59am On Feb 12
Debating events that occurred before 1999 is not valuable at this time because we moved from military to civilian to make things better…. You will agree with me that our leaders are worse than their military counterparts you can see our debt profile, recklessness and callous policies dished out daily on the masses…. Making frantic comparisons doesn’t negate the realities of what that have transpired in this country before even the tournament or the AFCON finals…. there are merits to your analysis regarding coach and team decisions but the bottom line is that the terrible state of Nigeria’s affairs rubbed off on the team last night…. You saw some APC propaganda media agents before the match were already making it look like Tinubu achievement that Super Eagles win is because of his government support…. Some Nairaland agents were even using the payment of outstanding salaries of team technical crew as an accomplishment…. As I said you may not agree but these are effects of bad leadership….

dealslip:

Re: AFCON FINAL: Super Eagles Lost Because Of Tinubu’s Bad Government by YourMrBoo: 1:34pm On Feb 12
Broveens42:

It has nothing to do with APC, it has everything to do with a non existent nation of over 250million.
Ivory coast can't defeat some indegeneous nations in Nigeria.

But you want the super eagles to win for tinubu and apc will take the glory...

Dey play..
Re: AFCON FINAL: Super Eagles Lost Because Of Tinubu’s Bad Government by LegendHero(m): 1:39pm On Feb 12
AbaganaMiracle:
Waoohh!! Very good news that Ivory Coast won the cup. Any Igbo found supporting nigeria must have his brain examined. Ivory Coast is the country that gave refuge to our eternal leader Ikemba Chukwuemeka Ojukwu, so they deserve our support and we are happy that they beat the hell out of the terrorist country called nigeria to win the cup.

You mean the country that too Ojuku as refugee is Ivory coast? Hope they have a museum to show us the woman cloth he escaped Nigeria with?

I’ll love to see it. Was it Isi Agu or normal female wrapper?
Re: AFCON FINAL: Super Eagles Lost Because Of Tinubu’s Bad Government by richie240: 2:03pm On Feb 12
dealslip:

Hold ur peace bro.
Over 90% of those rejoicing at the fall of nigeria in any sphere of life are from a particular region......like the 'foreigner' below:
vvvvv

AbaganaMiracle:
Waoohh!! Very good news that Ivory Coast won the cup. Any Igbo found supporting nigeria must have his brain examined. Ivory Coast is the country that gave refuge to our eternal leader Ikemba Chukwuemeka Ojukwu, so they deserve our support and we are happy that they beat the hell out of the terrorist country called nigeria to win the cup.
Re: AFCON FINAL: Super Eagles Lost Because Of Tinubu’s Bad Government by dealslip(f): 2:40pm On Feb 12
Bebigiby1:
What you showed regarding Ivorian president was half baked and many of his people Iove him…. He has done exceptionally well compared to the Nigerian leaders you’re defending….

You are sentimental in your analysis. The need to align the failure of the SE with the incompetence of government is not objective. I haven't in any way supported any government, what I am trying to let you see is objectivity. What aspect of our team, was affected directly by the government of the day. Is it Osihmen that didn't score, or Iwobi that was missing on the field or the opponents that almost tore Ola Aina's boxers. Or Nwabali that could not catch the goals. You are the one assuming bad luck spreads to the players that are playing in a final that started with 32 teams. What is wrong with you now
If you are conversant with the politics of Gbagbo right to Outtra's forceful third term presidency, you won't even advocate for him as some one loved by his people. A man who is on a forbidden third term is loved by the people. A man who has been in government since 1990, a man that helped destroy his country with with the enforcement of SAP, same SAP that oversaw the downward turn of the Nigerian economy during the Babangida administration. Please and please, life is beyond politics, and all the shenanigans of politics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON FINAL: Super Eagles Lost Because Of Tinubu’s Bad Government by Exousiang01: 2:47pm On Feb 12
dealslip:
It saddens me to see young Nigerians reason this way. This is why our religious leaders have been able to manipulate the people of the country with witchcraft stories. Yesterday's loss has nothing to do with the Presidency but the coach's overly defensive approach. That approach is not suitable for the final. Let's be positive in our outlook and let our judgement of situations be very objective. That's why we are always praying about enemies of our Father's house because we always attribute everything to luck, spirituality and witchcraft.

And these are supposed to be the leaders of tomorrow, these are the people who feel they would do better if in position.
When I see young people talk and reason like this, I pray these old ones in power don't age.
As soon as My kids finish high school they are all moving out of the country, its nothing to do with the country but seeing the young people who may end up in government offices tomorrow Nigeria is heading to hell.

Imagine someone like this OP sitting in an office and being the finaldecision taker, with this mindset?

I have come to realize that age doesn't reduce stupidity, I know people who were stupid 20 years ago and many have only gotten better at it, these young people may remain this way for a life time.

Nigeria is too blessed to have this kind of citizens, even the worst of countries deserve better

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON FINAL: Super Eagles Lost Because Of Tinubu’s Bad Government by dealslip(f): 2:55pm On Feb 12
Bebigiby1:
Debating events that occurred before 1999 is not valuable at this time because we moved from military to civilian to make things better…. You will agree with me that our leaders are worse than their military counterparts you can see our debt profile, recklessness and callous policies dished our daily on the masses…. Making frantic comparisons doesn’t negate the realities of what that have transpired in this country before even the tournament or the AFCON finals…. there are merits to your analysis regarding coach and team decisions but the bottom line is that the terrible state of Nigeria’s affairs rubbed off on the team last night…. You saw some APC propaganda media agents were already making look Tinubu achievement that Super Eagles win is because of government support…. Some Nairaland agents were even using the payment of outstanding salaries of team technical crew as an accomplishment…. As I said you may not agree but these are effects of bad leadership….

I beg you in the name of God to jettison this emotional standpoint. For heaven sake, that some people were doing nonsense in the name of politics doesn't change the fact that the SE performance was a result of tactical error. My point is, this has nothing to do with any government whether good or bad. Abacha's era was very very ugly, uglier than now, people could not afford Kerosene, they were using Abacha's stove, which was using saw dust to cook, this guy like Buhari's administration was withdrawing money directly from CBN but that was our golden football era. My emphasis is that our government either good or bad had no effect on SEs performance last night. It was a pure tactical issue. With Abacha was a glorious football era but with OBJ we lost as host in Nigeria 1999, AFCON 2000, and lost as host 2009 with Yaradua. Yet we won in the finals 2013 with GEJ, under Buhari won U17.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON FINAL: Super Eagles Lost Because Of Tinubu’s Bad Government by dealslip(f): 2:57pm On Feb 12
Exousiang01:

And these are supposed to be the leaders of tomorrow, these are the people who feel they would do better if in position.
When I see young people talk and reason like this, I pray these old ones in power don't age.
As soon as My kids finish high school they are all moving out of the country, its nothing to do with the country but seeing the young people who may end up in government offices tomorrow Nigeria is heading to hell.

Imagine someone like this OP sitting in an office and being the finaldecision taker, with this mindset?

I have come to realize that age doesn't reduce stupidity, I know people who were stupid 20 years ago and many have only gotten better at it, these young people may remain this way for a life time.

Nigeria is too blessed to have this kind of citizens, even the worst of countries deserve better

Honestly they guy weak me seriously. So emotional and sentimental in judgement. Na government Iwobi leg abi na government wan tear Ola Aina boxer with that Adinkar guy. I just weak and very sad

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Electronic Voting In Nigeria / Edo 2007. Who Can Stop Ugbesia ? / What They Do For Power!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.