Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast (14405 Views)

Tinubu Joins Hilda Baci’s IG Live To Give Her Words Of Encouragement (Pictures) / Tinubu: Ghanaians Dragging Their President For Congratulating Tinubu / Zabarmari: Boko Haram Has Addressed Nigerians While Buhari Hasn’t – Aisha Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by DamnnNiggarr: 12:26am On Feb 12
And with our final match against our dear African brothers, Cote d'Ivoire, today, we come to the end of the AFCON tournament. Our national team, the Super Eagles, put in their best efforts with high energy, stamina, and tactics, but in the end, Cote d'Ivoire emerged victorious and won the cup. I congratulate our national team, and indeed every Nigerian, for our great display of talents and football skills which took us far in the tournament.

The eventual outcome of the game did not in any way remove the fact that Nigeria is a home of talents, as exemplified by our national team. Once again, our players, with their outstanding performance, energy, and zeal, reflected the resilient spirit of the Nigerian people, the giants of Africa, who even in the face of obstacles continue to persevere to success, in every area of life. It was a fierce battle on the football pitch, and I salute their professionalism, dedication, and drive for success.

I sincerely appreciate, and congratulate the Nigeria Football Federation, the Super Eagles Coach, the management, the technical and medical crew, and all who sacrificed tirelessly to actualize our victory today. Their labours were not in vain.

Today, as a nation, the fire of unity was rekindled among us, as we all united as one big family to support our national team and pray for their victory. In our journey to the New Nigeria we look forward to, we must unite as one, and collectively build our nation.

We will overcome all the challenges that contend with our progress if we unite. To our fellow compatriots who lost their lives in the course of the football matches, we remember and mourn them today. These our countrymen, wishing nothing but victory to our dear nation, lost their lives while praying for our victory. We are saddened that they are not physically with us today to witness the great show of sportsmanship displayed by our national team.

May God grant them eternal rest and grant their families, and all of us, the fortitude to bear their irreplaceable loss. I say a very big congratulations to the AFCON Champions, Cote d'Ivoire.

They fought gallantly and emerged winners at the end. I salute them and wish them and their nation the very best as we all continue to build the New Africa we all desire. -PO

91 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by DamnnNiggarr: 12:26am On Feb 12
shocked
My Oga!
Na man you be, but of a truth, the Eagle don die.

Elephant match the Eagle and crushed it 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
I'm heart broken, don't think I can sleep well tonight 😭😭😭😭

66 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by thaoriginator: 12:28am On Feb 12
grin

Get a job

18 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by Chikel20000(m): 12:29am On Feb 12
Obi my niggar ....giving us hope when all seem lost....

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by Chinaza06: 12:33am On Feb 12
Cool
Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by derecho(m): 12:34am On Feb 12
My brother na Tinubu and Shettima clip the wings of our eagle, place am under the elephant o....the useless Tinubu was a distraction

DamnnNiggarr:
shocked
My Oga!
Na man you be, but of a truth, the Eagle don die.

Elephant match the Eagle and crushed it 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
I'm heart broken, don't think I can sleep well tonight 😭😭😭😭

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by Chrisrare: 12:38am On Feb 12
Allow kids to get to the final and they think they've won the cup.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by Vischy: 12:42am On Feb 12
Nigeria never win Afcon cup since APC came into power

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by buharibanjo(m): 2:43am On Feb 12
They'd have won, If u president...

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by aariwa(m): 3:22am On Feb 12
Obi you fall our hand . Why didn’t you show up at the stadium today instead of that badluck shettima. Your luck would have won it seamlessly for Nigeria like the last time you showed up at stadium before these clueless badluck cursed animal shettima tried to imitate you and brought bad luck on eagles..against South Africa Nigeria won immediately shettima left the stadium but today shettima was in stadium through out the match ..smh

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by Catapault: 3:43am On Feb 12
thaoriginator:
grin

Get a job

Hehehe..

He's doing his job. grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by Catapault: 3:45am On Feb 12
Chinaza06:
Cool

Yeah....Nice one from Peter Obi.

Folks need comforting.. cool

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by nony43(m): 5:27am On Feb 12
Nigeria needs a creative midfielder.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by Figolouis: 5:28am On Feb 12
[b][/b]The President we Ordered for Vs the President INEC gave us

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by MissIndependent(f): 5:29am On Feb 12
Ok cool
Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by TreasureJunky: 5:29am On Feb 12
It is well with us,, it is better we lose so we can face this tinubu hardship together, cos if we win we will be carried away by the win

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by cbrezy(m): 5:29am On Feb 12
cool
Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by Hemanwel(m): 5:30am On Feb 12
The coach's tactics got us to the finals, and his tactical error cost us the trophy..

Iwobi needs to be stopped from further playing for the national team, since he doesn't add value to the team and has refused to step up his game.

Ola Aina had done excellently well in the tournament only to now spoil everything in the finals with his lacklustre performance.

In conclusion, some element of luck also took us where we got to.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by SAMBARRY: 5:31am On Feb 12
Na over confidence no make them win.please Nigerians should learn too stop celebrating way too early.i hope you have learnt your lesson

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by HeroicMeastro: 5:31am On Feb 12
[quote author=DamnnNiggarr post=128411539][/quote]
As who/what?
Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by Kpartners: 5:31am On Feb 12
“I do not want Peter Obi to ever become the president of Nigeria again. I know he has a saviour complex thinking he can still salvage Nigeria.

They are going to leave a carcass of a nation for him to come fix when they have plundered it to a wasteland. Then blame him for not waving a magic wand and fixing sh!t overnight.

Peter Obi warned everybody the last election was a f!ght for the survival of the country...Agbado people labelled him a divisive b!got.

Peter Obi should actually retire with his beautiful Aunty Maggie and let who wants to p£rish...p£rish! 🤷🏾‍♂️”

30 Likes

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by BluntCrazeMan: 5:36am On Feb 12
DamnnNiggarr:
Ok naa
Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by mejetov422: 5:38am On Feb 12
They did wonderfully well,

Just that some failure where in their midst thinking AFCON is INEC

6 Likes

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by OkukoIgbo: 5:45am On Feb 12
tHIS THING WE DEY WIN SINCE, APC PUT HAND, BAD LUCK ENTER, WHY DID SHETIMMA AND CO GO TO IVORY COAST?

ANYTHING APC TOUCHES DIE, APC IS CURSED AND IF YOU ARE DEFENDING IT, YOU ARE CURSED TOO

18 Likes

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by magoo10(m): 5:46am On Feb 12
shettima was smelling of blood in the pitch and brought bad luck.

16 Likes

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by ClearFlair: 5:50am On Feb 12
Peter Obi is exactly who he thinks he is 🙌🏿

5 Likes

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by AllenSpencer: 5:56am On Feb 12
Peter experienced defeat in the last election, and definitely knows how it feels.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by dikings(m): 5:58am On Feb 12
Thank God we lost, the way Nigerians were carrying this Afcon matter for head come be like sey na the final solution to all the katakata wey dey go on fr dis country

8 Likes

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by Mindlog: 5:58am On Feb 12
thaoriginator:
grin

Get a job

Like the one you have? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Obi Offers Words Of Encouragement To Nigerians While Congratulating Ivory Coast by Adamux: 5:58am On Feb 12
Figolouis:
[b][/b]The President we Ordered for Vs the President INEC gave us
The President you ordered for? If you say Tinubu rigged elections, did Atiku also rig?

Why are you not saying Atiku is your President since he came second and way ahead of Obi?

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hotels/Commercial Sex hawking: New Emerging Industry In Imo State / PDP Calls For Patriotism….urges Respect For President Buhari / Five New Political Parties Set For Inec’s Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.