Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,471 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards (36697 Views)

AFCON 2023: Nike Unveils Super Eagles Eagles Jersey / AFCON 2023 'NEPA' Messes Up Nigeria's Schedule As Super Eagles Train In Darkness / Nigeria Vs Sao Tomé And Príncipe: AFCON 2023 Qualifier (10- 0) On 13th June 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by Seagodess(f): 12:20pm On Feb 12
tobillionaire:
Just sack peseiro let's patronise Nigeria made just as I'll advocate we buy made in Nigeria chairs and tables fr your event centres, business centres, church, schools, homes etc from Eleganza. Contact us on 08180199999, the name is your guaranty
sack him for what?ur eguavon couldn't Make it pass the round of 16 last Time

1 Like

Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by gfelo(m): 12:21pm On Feb 12
Let us not pretends we all know Nigeria doesn't deserve 2nd place
Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by Sleekfingers: 12:23pm On Feb 12
😂🤣🤣🤣

Ivory Coast disgraced the super eagles chickens......
See as osimen dey jump up and down like antelope...they all should bury their heads in shame, excluding Nwabali and the captain .
Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by saddler: 12:24pm On Feb 12
Tareq1105:

That's our consolation bcoz we never expected them to get to final if not I would have sent some harsh words to Osimeh, Chukweze, Aina, and Nwobi. They ruined the game.
Those of you criticizing Osimehn are armchair football analysts who knows nothing about football.
Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by justking(m): 12:25pm On Feb 12
cool
Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by papadiho(m): 12:27pm On Feb 12
Nigeria did not come to Play they only came to hand over the trophy to ivory Coast

1 Like

Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by Maobichek: 12:31pm On Feb 12
Bar1941:
Nwobi is a lazy midfielder, though all our players were lazy yesterday except Ekong and the keeper.

The coach got the tactics totally wrong yesterday. Anyway, Ivory Coast qualification as last of best loosers was divine. Since they beat Senegal, I knew they were wounder lions.

Frank Onyeka was lazy yesterday? I know that you watch the final but not seeing Frank Onyeka fought everywhere against Ivory Coast rampaging players was sheer ignorance of what happened last night.

3 Likes

Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by tonyshine01: 12:32pm On Feb 12
Ajayi was a silent achiever, note that.

Except for the finals, Aina was above average.

Except for the final Calvin was above average.

Onyeka was average.

Look man was average.

The rest .....

3 Likes

Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by GoodGovernance: 12:33pm On Feb 12
Africa,a continent that wants to develop without believing in its own people.What a calamity!

Very big congrats to the African coach.
Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by 1x2x3: 12:34pm On Feb 12
Nbote:
We allowed patriotism to becloud our judgement. We've been playing poorly all tournament despite playing mediocre teams. Imagine a defensive set up against teams like Equatorial Guinea, Guinea Bissau and even Angola. Just thump the ball up to Osimhen and hope he wins the duel

You don't understand football. You play to the best strength of your team. Nigeria was a defensive minded team who relied on counter attack so our stay of play may not be attractive but it's productive. We saw that in Mourihno Inter's team.
Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by rotadeco27: 12:35pm On Feb 12
Iwobi and the coach sold the trophy. Very useless and lazy player.
Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by BBIA: 12:35pm On Feb 12
Melonsmasher:
Nice one
ok Marlon Asher
Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by gabicon: 12:40pm On Feb 12
buharibanjo:
The 2023 CAF African Cup of Nations ended on Sunday night on a disappointing note for Nigeria’s Super Eagles as they lost the trophy to the host nation, Ivory Coast.

The Ivorians won 2-1 against Nigeria, courtesy of goals from Franck Kessie and Sebastien Haller who helped The Elephants clinch their third AFCON trophy.

Below is the full list of awards given at the AFCON:

Ecobank Best Goalkeeper
Ronwen Williams – South Africa

Air Côte d’Ivoire Fair Play Team award
South Africa

Puma Golden Boot winner
Emilio Nsue – Equatorial Guinea (5 goals)

Puma Silver Boot winner
Gelson Dala – Angola (4 goals)

Puma Bronze boot winner
Mostafa Mohamed – Egypt (4 goals)

TotalEnergies Man of the competition
William Troost-Ekong – Nigeria

Best Young Player award
Simon Adingra – Ivory Coast

Best Coach award
Emerse Faé – Ivory Coast

Source: https://punchng.com/full-list-afcon-2023-awards/?amp

Congratulations to all the award winners.

I thinks we need to get rid of the Nigerian coach B4 the world cup. We need to get a proper NO 10 and a defensive midfielder or hope that Ndidi will be fit by then. We have the most prolific No9 in the world but no adequate midfield to feed him. Iwobi can't play 10, those shoes are too big for him to fill, we couldn't hold the ball and drive in, we had to resort to short passes that we eventually lost the ball.
If I were the coach I would have gotten wingers to run on the flangs and cross thereby reducing pressure on the middle.

2 Likes

Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by Bayajjidda: 12:49pm On Feb 12
Hambivert:
I celebrated when Nigeria scored first, I am a Nigerian after all, but I asked myself what is the point of winning?
Nigeria suffers compounding inflation, different forms of insecurity, corruption and many more scathing vices and all we craved for was a temporary succour that the win would have brought.

I understand we should separate politics from football, but our economy shouldn't be referred to as politics. It is every aspect of what makes us live and survive. Not politics.

I rejoice in our defeat, because probably, the sprogative veil of illusion a victory would have brought, have been lifted, and maybe, probably, we wouldn't be distracted by the frivolities a win would have compounded on us. Now, I believe our sufferings would continue to glare upon us without distractions.

Hopefully, we'd wake up from our sleep and realize that without us the government cannot mess with our economy wrongly. The sad truth is ...Nigerians are easily distracted.

Exactly. That was me yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by Focusmind: 12:52pm On Feb 12
Mehn, some Africans are jealous of Nigeria. Go to YouTube and see the jubilation and attacks on Nigeria. One even said that the Ivorians saved the continent from a major "noise pollution", referring to Nigerians as noise makers and arrogant. Some said that Nigerians and their press behaves like the English team supporters, overrating their players and national team, thinking that they deserve to win everybody. For Ghanaians, the loss sweet them die.
Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by Sokari29: 12:59pm On Feb 12
Quest7777:

Worst Player Award nko. grin

None of our players was really outstanding except for Ekong 👍

&perhaps Osimhen who had a hand in several of our goals, even though he performed below expectations

&perhaps Nwabali who helped us dodge a bullet (Uzoho)

The rest were just mediocre.
What about Bassey and Onyenka?
Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by maestroferddi: 1:13pm On Feb 12
Watianoengineer:
sad so na this yeye Osimhen Wan go madrid/arsenal and Co? A so called African best without impact. He better remain in Naples and be scoring his Tap Ins. Whether we like it or not Osimhen is not a world class striker. I don't see the reason for the Osimhen hype. Very average. Even Yak and Julius Aghahowa that never won CAF best were more prolific in front of goal. See that Sebastian haller has been a beast since his Ajax days. He was diagnosed with cancer, recovered, started two games for ivory coast and scored both winning goals. That is the job of a sensible striker. We keep consoling ourselves with Osimhen dey disturb defenders, he sabi put pressure but when he was needed most he was no where to be found. If Osimhen had the balls to play all our penalties rather than Ekong it would add to his tally. Such an unreliable No 9. Iwobi and that chukwueze should never be invited again. Very mediocre set of fools
The consolation is that indeed some people can still use their heads in Nigeria...

The Osimhen chap cost Nigeria the tournament....I am yet to see such a useless forward on a football pitch...

The comedian was busy falling at every contact and forming jagaban with African Footballer of the Year award forgetting that he was suppose to exist to score goals.

Work rate and iron bending...oga you were not deployed to play in midfield....

I blame Peseiro for not mustering the balls to drop the joke when it was clear that with him, Nigeria were playing like they were a man down.

Arsenal sabi catch madness...If them like make dem go buy the joke....Pepe go better pass am...After all Pepe has an AFCON winners medal now...

3 Likes

Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by maestroferddi: 1:21pm On Feb 12
saddler:

Those of you criticizing Osimehn are armchair football analysts who knows nothing about football.

You dont know jack about football or else you would have seen that Osimhen was a waste of space...

He couldnt press, he couldnt track back, he couldnt make any good run...

Of course, he couldnt score or lay an assist...

Dude is an average, one season forward....

Real Madrid go dey laugh....
Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by Broveens42(m): 1:28pm On Feb 12
Sokari29:

What about Bassey and Onyenka?

They are all below average players. I'm not even talking about the team work. Individually,
When you see very good players, you will know.
The way they trap the ball and move with it. It's not a relay race where you run without an object off and on your legs.

Any athlete who finds it difficult to trap or pass balls in tight and free spaces, has no business with football.
Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by saddler: 1:29pm On Feb 12
maestroferddi:
You dont know jack about football or else you would have seen that Osimhen was a waste of space...

He couldnt press, he couldnt track back, he couldnt make any good run...

Of course, he couldnt score or lay an assist...

Dude is an average, one season forward....

Real Madrid go dey laugh....
One season forward because you are ignorant of Osimehn's career history!

He was the highest goal scorer in the qualifiers.
Just check through Nigeria's progress from the group stage to the semi finals and see most of our goals came directly or indirectly from his play.

Two PK scored by Ekong were won by him.

He had two goals ruled out by VAR. The last one because of a foul by teammate Yusuf.

In the final yesterday, there was literally no chance created by anyone to him.
Most long balls played towards his directions were poor and many were far from opponents box.

Like i said, most of you criticizing Osimehn are armchair analysts.

2 Likes

Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by Broveens42(m): 1:38pm On Feb 12
saddler:

There's no striker in this world that can't be criticized. Being a good striker doesn't mean you don't have your off day. I'm surprised a lot of us couldn't see he wasn't fit for the finals. Very obvious he's playing through a discomfort. His work rate was non existent so, compensated for falling over easily, something that didn't happen in the group stages.
It is the duty of the coaching crew, to field in physically fit players for a match of that magnitude.

1 Like

Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by maestroferddi: 1:40pm On Feb 12
saddler:

One season forward because you are ignorant of Osimehn's career history!

He was the highest goal scorer in the qualifiers.
Just check through Nigeria's progress from the group stage to the semi finals and see most of our goals came directly or indirectly from his play.

Two PK scored by Ekong were won by him.

He had two goals ruled out by VAR. The last one because of a foul by teammate Yusuf.

In the final yesterday, there was literally no chance created by anyone to him.
Most long balls played towards his directions were poor and many were far from opponents box.

Like i said, most of you criticizing Osimehn are armchair analysts.
Oga, you are being just emotional...

The dude is average. Pure and simple.

Defenders of all hue were bullying him front and back...

One goal in 7 matches tell the whole story...
Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by saddler: 1:44pm On Feb 12
maestroferddi:
Oga, you are being just emotional...

The dude is average. Pure and simple.

Defenders of all hue were bullying him front and back...

One goal in 7 matches tell the whole story...

I gave you facts and stats and you tagged me being emotional.

Your response to my post would have been worth it if you had faulted my points.

1 Like

Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by Vinnie2000(m): 1:47pm On Feb 12
maestroferddi:
The consolation is that indeed some people can still use their heads in Nigeria...

The Osimhen chap cost Nigeria the tournament....I am yet to see such a useless forward on a football pitch...

The comedian was busy falling at every contact and forming jagaban with African Footballer of the Year award forgetting that he was suppose to exist to score goals.

Work rate and iron bending...oga you were not deployed to play in midfield....

I blame Peseiro for not mustering the balls to drop the joke when it was clear that with him, Nigeria were playing like they were a man down.

Arsenal sabi catch madness...If them like make dem go buy the joke....Pepe go better pass am...After all Pepe has an AFCON winners medal now...

You Guys should stop this needless Criticism. undecided

Peseirro's Defensive football limited Osihmen. embarassed sad

There is no Way Osihmen will not Bang Goals for Arsenal or any good Attacking side. smiley

1 Like

Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by FireUpNow(m): 1:49pm On Feb 12
Quest7777:

Worst Player Award nko. grin

None of our players was really outstanding except for Ekong 👍

&perhaps Osimhen who had a hand in several of our goals, even though he performed below expectations

&perhaps Nwabali who helped us dodge a bullet (Uzoho)

The rest were just mediocre.

Iwobi should be the worst player.
Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by donmik: 1:52pm On Feb 12
Watianoengineer:
sad so na this yeye Osimhen Wan go madrid/arsenal and Co? A so called African best without impact. He better remain in Naples and be scoring his Tap Ins. Whether we like it or not Osimhen is not a world class striker. I don't see the reason for the Osimhen hype. Very average. Even Yak and Julius Aghahowa that never won CAF best were more prolific in front of goal. See that Sebastian haller has been a beast since his Ajax days. He was diagnosed with cancer, recovered, started two games for ivory coast and scored both winning goals. That is the job of a sensible striker. We keep consoling ourselves with Osimhen dey disturb defenders, he sabi put pressure but when he was needed most he was no where to be found. If Osimhen had the balls to play all our penalties rather than Ekong it would add to his tally. Such an unreliable No 9. Iwobi and that chukwueze should never be invited again. Very mediocre set of fools

You know nothing about football.
Can u explain the principle of striking in football?
Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by Figger(m): 2:09pm On Feb 12
Osimeh couldn't make much impact due to poor midfield. If the midfield and wingers are weak, how would the striker perform. No be osimeh fault abeg

1 Like

Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by EmekaBlue(m): 2:19pm On Feb 12
Osimhen no win anything
Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by Dancebreaker: 2:49pm On Feb 12
saddler:

Osimhen did not look too fit.

Simon should have started to run behind CIV defence like Adingra did to us.
Osimhen was starved of ball.

CIV played sound football and deserved their win.
Re: Full List: Afcon 2023 Awards by DoctorAyukebot(m): 2:51pm On Feb 12
Watianoengineer:

Learn to make a point without insults. Iwobi and Chukwueze are both professionals in their own right. You can criticise their p!ay tactics without tagging them fools. The average Nigerian is good at throwing insults at everyone, from their own to outsiders. That's why when they fall other African countries celebrate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dalung Poses With KatsuyaTakasu After Helping U23 Team / Kelechi Iheanacho Faces Two Years In Prison Over Legal Row / Nigeria Vs Croatia; 3 Types Of People After The Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.