Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,594 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) (29629 Views)

Studying Radiography Or Med Lab Which Is Better .. / Kendra Jumbo: First Class ABSU Med. Lab. Science Best Graduating Student (Photos / What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by Ekpekus(m): 7:34pm On Feb 12
clockwisereport:

Give him the money and more, if you have. Students dey see red these days.

I bought casio fx-991 calculator today at N6500. The last time I bought it, I bought it N1500.

Students dey try these days. FUTO acceptance fee for medical students is over 200K. This does not include school fees, accommodation and other sundry fees. Year one medical students spend around 600k in total
FUTO don get medical school? Wonderful
Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by clockwisereport: 7:35pm On Feb 12
Ekpekus:

FUTO don get medical school? Wonderful

Yes. I think since 2020
Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by wiseoneking: 7:35pm On Feb 12
Nazgul:

During my days in school, school fees was 20k, department dues was 1k. Faculty was N1,500 and association was N500.

And this was less than a decade ago.
VERY OLD MAN ME THINK!
Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by nairalanda1(m): 7:35pm On Feb 12
mrvitalis:

This is roughly $115
Honestly it's not bad

We need to find away to improve our educational infrastructure, then attract foreign students charge them $2000 which is relatively cheap and use that to subsidies education for intelligent locals who meet certain GPA requirements

Sounds like a plan, though we should charge foreigners higher than 2000 dollars.
Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by Ewedegubbler: 7:36pm On Feb 12
Harriddon:
MY SCHOOL BILLS FOR FIRST SEMESTER
1. School fees N85,750
2. ⁠Department/faculty Dues N29,300
3. ⁠Professional exam fee N15,000
4. ⁠Registration of courses N25,000
5. ⁠Materials/workbooks N7500
6. ⁠Compulsory texbook N6500

7. ⁠TOTAL =N169,050
Please this bill was brought by a cousin of mine to his mother. Someone in unical should help us verify please

$100
Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by sunsweet33: 7:36pm On Feb 12
Taking inflation into account, that is ok but it will depend on your aunts pocket.

On the other hand a federal university charging multiple fees is yet another sign of stupidity in the contraption known as N****ia
Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by DataDoc: 7:36pm On Feb 12
Harriddon:
what I understand is the bill of professional fee and departmental and faculty dues is it yearly now

Faculty and Department dues are paid annually.

I don't know about the other items on the list
Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by tnerro1(m): 7:37pm On Feb 12
I collect money tire for non existent course materials, na there man dey see money take catch the babes na, if I lie for school fees dem go catch me😁

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by nairalanda1(m): 7:37pm On Feb 12
Nazgul:

During my days in school, school fees was 20k, department dues was 1k. Faculty was N1,500 and association was N500.

And this was less than a decade ago.

And was the school world class?

Did you have decent hostels, decent labs, decent libraries?

You did not, let's tell ourselves the truth.

I went to school, when I started it was N2000 . Hostel was a (censored), library was out of date, lecture halls were bad, and nothing like up to date lab, na wetin our papa dem use, we dey use.

We get what we pay for.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by Dennisochampa: 7:39pm On Feb 12
If you have been a student before..... U will know that this kid is even being considerate and there is no need to verify further.... U no get luck say e no bill una 300k....

How u expect make e take fund other necessities wen e no fit tell una about??

Make e go thief or do yahoo

3 Likes

Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by fabianiyobosa(m): 7:40pm On Feb 12
Pure see finish.

Person is in 4th year o.
If you be my cousin and you try this nonsense, I go make sure say you regret am.

Mstchew

1 Like

Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by Sleekfingers: 7:42pm On Feb 12
Harriddon:
1. School fees N85,750

7. ⁠TOTAL =N169,050
Please this bill was brought by a cousin of mine to his mother. Someone in unical should help us verify please

You for kuku say make the school no collect money at all...

This is dirt cheap.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:45pm On Feb 12
It might be true but where am suspicious is the sch fee area.....school fees all over Nigerian universities are paid for a session and not per term.....so find out and use that one catch am incase he or she comes for second term school fees! grin

1 Like

Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by pocom16: 7:46pm On Feb 12
Rubbish....very heartless cousin..

What do you want to do with the verified Information..

You know how some students suffer?
Now wet Tinubu don do pro max version of buhari

Inflated or not...
Give him the money plus extra..

Abi you wan make e go thief ..

2 Likes

Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by jonadaft: 7:47pm On Feb 12
Harriddon:
1. School fees N85,750

7. ⁠TOTAL =N169,050
How is it outrageous?
Una go finish now, the next thing on your mind will be japa. Without giving back to the system that gave u almost free education.

U know how much people pay in private unis?

4 Likes

Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by Taich(m): 7:48pm On Feb 12
Anguldi:

If you have the funds, give him. Men must office their parents beginning of session. Abi u know no wink

Add jara and serious marking to him, let him finish and come and join "men" so that the younger ones can start sending him list too. 😆

1 Like

Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by blowjohn(m): 7:48pm On Feb 12
Harriddon:
1. School fees N85,750

7. ⁠TOTAL =N169,050

How is it outrageous?
If education is expensive(in this case cheap) , try ignorance.

How much to pay salaries and take care of the school?
Maintenance
Diesel
Welfare
Security

Etc

Truth is that many universities are charging very low.

So u go buy iPhone for 500k and u go complain about fees of 200k?

What am I saying sef? A good phone now is like 150k. So wetin come dey inside school fees of less than 200k? That na price of small cow sef.

U better pay that money fast. Add pocket money like 70k join angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by chopnaira: 7:50pm On Feb 12
This is very cheap grin
Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by mrvitalis(m): 7:50pm On Feb 12
KanuSE:

I don't think Nigeria can attract foreign students because of the level of reasoning of the so called educated Nigerians...very appalling! undecided
How many educated Nigerians have ruled you?
Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by nairalanda1(m): 7:50pm On Feb 12
abhosts:
They removed subsidy with the promise that it would free up funds for things like education. Public university education has skyrocketed in cost despite all the lies, so what exactly are Nigerians benefiting from subsidy savings?

If you believed that subsidy removal would have given more money for education, it won't.

Education needs far more money than any subsidy freed up money can provide.
Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by reiddecuti: 7:51pm On Feb 12
Honlucas:

He's lying.. department dues Nd faculty can't be ₦29000

Dey play! If I can pay roughly 15k from 2013 to 2018 wey contry still better, how much more now wey inflation dey f*ck us up and down without mercy all thanks to Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by BreconHills(m): 7:51pm On Feb 12
1972xy:
$115 / semester !
Be Grateful to your Country.

How much do you think a semester cost in UK or any school in the US?
Appreciate Nigeria.

Thank you.

Nigeria educates them with pittance course then they go and work abroad for min of £3-4k per month and they start abusing Nigeria. Meanwhile they are highly
sought after because of the education and exposure they receive here.

Respect Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by blowjohn(m): 7:51pm On Feb 12
How is it outrageous?
If education is expensive(in this case cheap) , try ignorance.

How much to pay salaries and take care of the school?
Maintenance
Diesel
Welfare
Security

Etc

Truth is that many universities are charging very low.

So u go buy iPhone for 500k and u go complain about fees of 200k?

What am I saying sef? A good phone now is like 150k. So wetin come dey inside school fees of less than 200k? That na price of small cow sef.

U better pay that money fast. Add pocket money like 70k join .

Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by jonadaft: 7:54pm On Feb 12
nairavsdollars:
Less than 100 pounds? Why not pay 5k?
No mind the MUMU
Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by Biodun556(m): 7:55pm On Feb 12
It is poverty

The school fees is cheap
Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by iykelight: 7:57pm On Feb 12
Lie! Most European countries offer free education e.g Germany, and their education is still world class. Nigeria has greedy leaders.
nairalanda1:

And was the school world class?

Did you have decent hostels, decent labs, decent libraries?

You did not, let's tell ourselves the truth.

I went to school, when I started it was N2000 . Hostel was a (censored), library was out of date, lecture halls were bad, and nothing like up to date lab, na wetin our papa dem use, we dey use.

We get what we pay for.

1 Like

Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by dewale1234(m): 7:57pm On Feb 12
You will get this cheap education (over-subsidised) and still japa tomorrow and still speak evil about the country o
Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by Hopium: 8:00pm On Feb 12
1972xy:
$115 / semester !
Be Grateful to your Country.

How much do you think a semester cost in UK or any school in the US?
Appreciate Nigeria.

They won't. "Nigeria has never done anything for them"

Until the subsidy removal, most didn't know the impact the government was having on their daily lives. Now eyes done clear.

$115 per semester, now wonder our education standards and infrastructure are too poor.
Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by bluefilm: 8:00pm On Feb 12
Harriddon:
1. School fees N85,750

7. ⁠TOTAL =N169,050

Why do you want to verify it?

Don't you trust your cousin again?
Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by Hopium: 8:00pm On Feb 12
dewale1234:
You will get this cheap education (over-subsidised) and still japa tomorrow and still speak evil about the country o

Imagine bro!

1 Like

Re: Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year) by Uyi168: 8:01pm On Feb 12
ForestHill:
I'll be paying nothing less than 800k this final year. #StudentNurse

Private school?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH / Registration Procedure For On-line Registration For Unilorin 2008/2009 Section / 2 Rivers University Students Suspended Over 'Inciting' Facebook Posts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.