Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,212 members, 7,822,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Advice Needed. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed. (206 Views)

Advice Needed! Is Unhappiness A Good Reason For Divorce? / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed. by Fatbam005: 12:05pm On Feb 12
I got a land sometime last year; I paid for the clearance of the land. Afterward, I built the foundation of a 3-bedroom flat, and work began gradually. Now, I just discovered where I intended to build has another shortcut route to my in-law's house, where he built his own home. I was so shocked; I could not have imagined another strange route could be this close. If I had known, I would not even imagine buying the land, let alone with the intention of building. Now they are aware because we ran into each other just last week. Please, mature minds, what is the way forward?
Re: Advice Needed. by immortalcrown(m): 12:24pm On Feb 12
Why are you afraid of owning a house near your in-laws' home or why don't you want them to know you are building a house?
Re: Advice Needed. by Lonestar124: 4:18pm On Feb 12
Sell the land to your in law then..
Re: Advice Needed. by extremelygolden: 4:46pm On Feb 12
Build the house and rent it out.

Hope you've not told him the house belongs to you? Just tell him that so so of your friend in diaspora entrusted the project into your hands because of the trust and your relationship with him.

But let your wife be aware that the house you're building is for you and she should keep quiet about it. E get why.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

When A Man Doesn't Have Another Option / For Our Mission Matthew 24:14; Mark 13:10..... / Dua To Stop Forced Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.