Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,070 members, 7,811,000 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today (4729 Views)

High Cost Of Iron Rods: Engineers Now Build With Bamboo / GET UKRAINE'S BEST REVIEWED TMT IRON RODS DELIVERED TO YOUR SITE TODAY! / Buy Your 12mm And 16mm Iron Rods. Up To 50% Discount This Jaunuary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by kcprince: 3:32pm On Feb 12
I just got this update from my supplier . Let the Government do something about building materials prices. If not cost of house rent will be unbearable in coming years,l. Also people will be tempted to cut corners and it will lead to more building collapse.

We should put cement on export prohibition list and customs should instensify effort to ensure people do not succeed in exporting scrap iron as this is the raw material for making Nigerian iron rod. Also finished iron products (iron rod, beam and sheet) should be put in the export prohibition list so that the prices of these building materials will not be influenced by the exchange rate so much

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by Jnas: 3:44pm On Feb 12
I don't even know where we are going to sef
Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by Chinaza06: 3:47pm On Feb 12
Cement ₦8000
Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by Seunpapa65: 3:50pm On Feb 12
Garri 2500
Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by HenryTimes: 3:58pm On Feb 12
Since 1999 till today, price of commodities have never been stable. Enough of all these nonsense reporting. Na you wey chop belle full dey go price iron rod.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by thelegend1(m): 4:42pm On Feb 12
kcprince:
I just got this update from my supplier . Let the Government do something about building materials prices. If not cost of house rent will be unbearable in coming years,l. Also people will be tempted to cut corners and it will lead to more building collapse.

We should put cement on export prohibition list and customs should instensify effort to ensure people do not succeed in exporting scrap iron as this is the raw material for making Nigerian iron rod. Also finished iron products (iron rod, beam and sheet) should be put in the export prohibition list so that the prices of these building materials will not be influenced by the exchange rate so much

Which of the iron and how many tonnes?
Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by FatherCHRISTMAS: 5:16pm On Feb 12
Seunpapa65:
Garri 2500
They don't sell bowls anymore now..
People now sell in milk-tins

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by MrRichmond: 5:23pm On Feb 12
HenryTimes:
Since 1999 till today, price of commodities have never been stable. Enough of all these nonsense reporting. Na you wey chop belle full dey go price iron rod.

the point is it has never been this bad.

Why are you slow, can't you read the room

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by ValCon888: 5:40pm On Feb 12
We keep talking about inflation, dollarization, importation and exportation when the real culprit is corruption.

The Buhari administration looted the country dry, embezzling billions of dollars and overprinting the naira to cover their tracks.

Other thieves in his government that stole in hundreds of billions of naira, used said naira to mop up the dollars on the market.

And let's not forget Dangote who used his influence to get dollars from the CBN at abominable cheap rates.

All these are the major factors why we are where we are today.

If Tinubu was serious, he would probe the immediate past government, but a bigger thief cannot probe a thief when he's only there to steal.

1 Like

Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by Anguldi(m): 5:43pm On Feb 12
Gazelle gragra
Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by excanny: 6:17pm On Feb 12
Don't worry. Tinubu will bring it down to 10k.
Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by kcprince: 6:46pm On Feb 12
thelegend1:

Which of the iron and how many tonnes?

Iron rod for building houses and price is for just 1 ton .
Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by Blitzking: 7:03pm On Feb 12
HenryTimes:
Keeping quiet or looking the other way doesn't solve the problem..I av never in my life see a country plunge into inflation at a rate so rapid even businesses can't survive cos they can't keep up. I remember buying dollars 520 up to 639 last year..today we are at 1497
Remember sending 25k to my mum in 2022 to buy a bag of rice today same bag goes for 77k.. over 300 percent increase..if my salary increased by 300 percent I won't even think of japaing cos I will be able to afford plane tickets to and fro for vacation anywhere in the world once or twice per year.

4 Likes

Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by thelegend1(m): 7:27pm On Feb 12
kcprince:

Iron rod for building houses and price is for just 1 ton .

I know it's for building.
Which size are you referring to 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, or 16mm?
Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by ImmaculateJOE(m): 7:38pm On Feb 12
HenryTimes:
It has never been this bad, 100% hike in price of commodities within 1 month is not normal at all.

3 Likes

Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by OmoFiditi: 7:41pm On Feb 12
kcprince:

I will be increasing the rent of my house in Lagos soon. 500k 3 bedrooms will now go for 800k. Who no like make he pack out.
Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by kcprince: 9:17pm On Feb 12
thelegend1:

I know it's for building.
Which size are you referring to 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, or 16mm?
They are all same price per ton. The only difference is the number . For example 52 pcs of 16mm makes 1ton and 93pcs of 12 mm makes 1 ton . Hope it is clear?

4 Likes

Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by KosiGee(m): 2:16am On Feb 13
kcprince:

What size of building rod is N1.2million? What size and what length?
Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by Tokskob2008: 3:54am On Feb 13
HenryTimes:

Nawa ooo.

So na who chop belle full dey go price rice and garri for market too right cos I can remember the prices if this commodities too some months ago and now they have been increased by almost 200%...
Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by kkonsults: 5:22am On Feb 13
It was 800,000 last week…
January 580, February 800 now 1,200,000

Is this news TRUE?
Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by thelegend1(m): 7:44am On Feb 13
kcprince:

They are all same price per ton. The only difference is the number . For example 52 pcs of 16mm makes 1ton and 93pcs of 12 mm makes 1 ton . Hope it is clear?

You know your stuff. God will deliver us from these incompetent leaders.
Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by CandidAdmin(m): 9:28am On Feb 13
APC supporter say make I tell you to make am in ya house. Them talk say e cheap that way.
Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by FIPS: 3:17pm On Feb 18
You said it just right. You just poured out my mind.
Apart from rent going up and increase in poorly constructed buildings, we'll also experience alot more abandoned projects leading to lost of jobs. Something should be done to this immediately

kcprince:

Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by agabee(m): 3:24am On Feb 23
As of today 23.2.24 is almost #1,300,000
Re: Iron RODS Is Now N1,200,000 Today by rukyboy(m): 11:08pm On Mar 09
kcprince:

The construction industry has been dealt a big blow.

I wonder how people will build houses now.

Decking a house will cost above 10 million now

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive Building Plans In Nigeria / Live Like Royalty In Our Amazing Camberwall Advantage 5 +2349030188831 / How To Calculate The Quantity Of Materials Needed In Your Building Project.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.