Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,590 members, 7,816,454 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget (19983 Views)

Man Furious As Arik Air's Sudden Cancellation Cost Him 2 Million Naira Deal / I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher / Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Mcslize: 10:31pm On Feb 21
tensazangetsu20:
See how bad life is. Just because you hold a Nigerian passport cry cry cry

These are some of the things I always cry out to A.K.A ogbonti about. But heck no, he will always turn a blind eye to all these things.

Imagine being a Nigerian makes one be at a disadvantage everywhere one goes to in the world. A lot of people suffer from all these things simply for being a Nigerian.

But we will never see ogbonti condemn the government for not being able to provide the enabling environment for the masses to flourish and prosper in. Hence, the massive exodus of the youths going out there to look for a saner clime where they can hone their various skills.

I will still say it again and again, ogbonti is such a wicked soul for not condemning the government and also going after those succeeding abroad, making mockery of how they went there to start wiping white people's buttocks. What a foolish imagination from the clown!

It is a big shame to have someone like ogbonti among sane humans with proper thinking mindset I must say.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Melagros(m): 10:37pm On Feb 21
sunnymighty:

Try SA, atleast you already have the exposure and the travel experience.
Exactly
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by ReubenE(m): 12:09am On Feb 22
Pemisire113:

Thank you sir
You better heed that warning.

If at all you don't fear anything, be afraid and heed that warning.
People that have something to help with your plans would have no problem putting it on the platform as it will help other people considering same thing. Not like it is their bank PIN they want to write here.

Be very very careful in DMs

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by ogbonti: 1:52am On Feb 22
Mcslize:

These are some of the things I always cry out to A.K.A ogbonti about. But heck no, he will always turn a blind eye to all these things.

Imagine being a Nigerian makes one be at a disadvantage everywhere one goes to in the world. A lot of people suffer from all these things simply for being a Nigerian.

But we will never see ogbonti condemn the government for not being able to provide the enabling environment for the masses to flourish and prosper in. Hence, the massive exodus of the youths going out there to look for a saner clime where they can hone their various skills.

I will still say it again and again, ogbonti is such a wicked soul for not condemning the government and also going after those succeeding abroad, making mockery of how they went there to start wiping white people's buttocks. What a foolish imagination from the clown!

It is a big shame to have someone like ogbonti among sane humans with proper thinking mindset I must say.

… and Ogbonti denied you visa to travel ? thunda fata ya mamaaaa tow tow 😂
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Gerrard59(m): 2:46am On Feb 22
mu2sa2:
Why the fixation with japa? You have N2m, how many Nigerians have even 100K to start a business in Nigeria? Btw, that's about 1200$ at current exchange rate. That's just pocket money in US, Canada or Europe. But in Nigeria with that money you can start a good business and watch your money grow. There are lots of Nigerians languishing abroad as a result of japa gone wrong - don't go and join them.

Nigerians' fixation with "start a business" even when the person is better off practicing the profession they studied in the university. So, tell us, Musa what kind of business an aspiring professional nurse should start with 100K?

3 Likes

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by mu2sa2: 4:18am On Feb 22
Gerrard59:

Nigerians' fixation with "start a business" even when the person is better off practicing the profession they studied in the university. So, tell us, Musa what kind of business an aspiring professional nurse should start with 100K?
Mr getout or what do you call yourself, stop exposing your English comprehension deficiency. Where in the post do you see a nurse should start a business with 100k?
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by cosade(m): 4:20am On Feb 22
Pemisire113:
Hey family, am glad to be here, am a 28 yrs old Nigerian lady with a great determination spirit. I couldn't attend a university to study a nursing degree which is my dream career but I attended a college of health with struggles due to financial incapability. I was raised by a mum who lost her husband at early stage. We are four am the third.

When I completed my secondary school i started working in a hospital as an hospital aid, I was able to raised some cash I proceeded to a college of health where i did a three years course and i graduated with flying colours.

I immediately moved to Lagos and start working in a hospital. I was able to raise some money that was in 2020. I did my pass port. I went online, I met some friends and i applied for a Dubai visa with the intention of getting there to do some care course, so I can work in care homes or hospital.

I got the visa. I traveled, i did the course i was able to get a caregiver job luckily for me with 2000 dhm salary. I was happy thinking my dream is gradually coming through i would able to save money, proceed with my nursing degree and take care of my mum, unfortunately for me, the issues of Nigerian cultists came up in UAE. They stopped all documentation for Nigerians, that was when the ban started. I waited a bit but nothing changed i had no choice than to come back to Nigeria in 2020. I quickly landed in Lagos and started applying to hospital all over again, i got a job again, salary was way below the offers i got in UAE, since then till now, i was able to raise 2M.

Now my people please advice me, which country can this amount take me to with flight tickets etc.

A country I can be able to work and may be further to earn a degree later.

Pls Advice me 🥺

Thank you sir /thank u ma

Firstly, hold on to your hospital job in Nigeria. And secondly, do online search for care jobs in the UK with visa sponsorship. Apply to as many as you can, but don’t pay recruitment fees to anyone. If you persevere, I am sure you’ll get a care job in the UK after a while.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Bdotnets: 9:26am On Feb 22
Public universities in Germany don't charge any tuition fees for PhD study, If you can try to learn German language it’s better for the movement

kingjoe:
please I also need your help to come to Germany.
I am looking at scholarship for my PhD or work visa . please assist I also have 2 million budget
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Bobopelu: 11:06am On Feb 22
JayTripz:
Omoooo

You try to save that much in this economy

I wish you well on your travel plans

There are cheaper countries like Romania, Malta, Ukraine... Their visa is easier than the likes of UK, US
as much as I like to believe can you show me tips about the Malta visa
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Kendroid: 12:42pm On Feb 22
Bdotnets:
If you can try Germany 🇩🇪, can help you
please can I get your WhatsApp contact. I have some things I'll need your help on
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by topefelix799(m): 4:31pm On Feb 22
Hmnn

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Love800(m): 4:36pm On Feb 22
U have any idea about cowmeat suya business?
mu2sa2:
Why the fixation with japa? You have N2m, how many Nigerians have even 100K to start a business in Nigeria? Btw, that's about 1200$ at current exchange rate. That's just pocket money in US, Canada or Europe. But in Nigeria with that money you can start a good business and watch your money grow. There are lots of Nigerians languishing abroad as a result of japa gone wrong - don't go and join them.
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Love800(m): 4:44pm On Feb 22
What kind of job are u doing in benin republic?
Ayinke93:

This is the problem. You focus first on all the things that'll stop you 8 steps ahead instead of focusing on the problem right before you. Do you know how many steps she has to take on the Canadian PR journey before she gets to the plane ticket part? that should be the least of her worries. She should focus on getting the PR first.
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Ayinke93(f): 5:35pm On Feb 22
Prostitution
Love800:
What kind of job are u doing in benin republic?
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:39pm On Feb 22
Ayinke93:
Prostitution

You wicked o cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Ayinke93(f): 5:43pm On Feb 22
tensazangetsu20:

You wicked o cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

Guy! see me see question. To advice Nigerians na crime, they'll start sizing you up to know if they should listen to you. Na me Bleep up. I see say you sef don turn pablo escoba for Chile grin

2 Likes

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:45pm On Feb 22
Ayinke93:

Guy! see me see question. To advice Nigerians na crime, they'll start sizing you up to know if they should listen to you. Na me Bleep up. I see say you sef don turn pablo escoba for Chile grin

Nigerians are a very demonic bunch of people. I don't even reply DMS again from nairaland. Very stupid bunch.
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Brainlight: 10:43pm On Feb 22
tensazangetsu20:

Nigerians are a very demonic bunch of people. I don't even reply DMS again from nairaland. Very stupid bunch.
E BE LIKE YOUR PAPA BE AMERICAN MAN ABI..... EJOOR ..,. NO INSULT YOUR ANCESTORS.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Love800(m): 8:20am On Feb 23
Do u see nigerian people doing business there?
How is the place like for hustling?
Ayinke93:
Prostitution
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by mediafada(m): 9:38am On Feb 23
Your 2m is just $1k.
Try learn Portuguese or Finnish, preferably Finnish then you can study for free
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by ANTIFA: 1:18pm On Feb 23
pansophist:

Did you asked me about him before?
yes, you were quite harsh on him. Do you still theres no need for Biafra.
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by gforce5: 4:29pm On Feb 23
"Good business" in Nigeria lol. This is so funny. What "business" can N2 million do for you in Nigeria? Have you not observed that so many businesses are on the verge of collapse due to the exchange rate and cost of doing business in Nigeria? Do you know how many businessmen are complaining bitterly about the cost of doing business in Nigeria? If your business is not an essential one like food, drugs, water or petrol, forget it.

mu2sa2:

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by gforce5: 5:19pm On Feb 23
When I was in uni in the UK, many European students would travel to their home countries every weekend. Especially Polish people. Those guys would travel to Poland every weekend and they don't have much in their account. In fact, many of these Eastern Europeans were collecting benefits in the UK and would spend their benefit allowance in their home countries grin grin. Labour Government was wild. grin How many upper middle class Nigerians can do that?
pansophist:

Meanwhile my student neighbor that doesn't even have a 1000 usd in his account told me he is traveling to Paris this weekend with his girlfriend.

No visa wahala, just cheap flight ticket and zoom off. He doesn't even have a passport, since you don't one to travel within the EU.

Small boy o, 23 years old. Inside Life.
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by ogbonti: 9:39pm On Feb 23
ogbonti:

… and Ogbonti denied you visa to travel ? thunda faya ya mamaaaa tow tow 😂
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by pansophist(m): 10:01pm On Feb 23
gforce5:
When I was in uni in the UK, many European students would travel to their home countries every weekend. Especially Polish people. Those guys would travel to Poland every weekend and they don't have much in their account. In fact, many of these Eastern Europeans were collecting benefits in the UK and would spend their benefit allowance in their home countries grin grin. Labour Government was wild. grin How many upper middle class Nigerians can do that?

You sabi.

You sef why you go study in the UK? YOu no see schengen countries go? I am sad you didn't enjoy this travelling because the UK is not in the Schengen zone. Your student life is not sweet I swear.

Travelling in Europe is the cheapest thing next to water. Even in my most broke state, I still travel as a poor student.

I have spent less than 100 euros on a weekend holiday. And that includes flights, accommodation, flexing, and return ticket home grin

And that was when 1usd was about 250 to a naira. Can you beat that?

Europe is sweet smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by pansophist(m): 10:20pm On Feb 23
ANTIFA:
yes, you were quite harsh on him. Do you still theres no need for Biafra.

There is a need, but the road is a long one and requires strategy, organization, patience, and knowing how to sail depending on the direction of the wind.

Simon Ekpa staying in Finland and running a country from there just looks like child's play. You can't stay in Finland, a country that is a puppy of Western hegemony, to break Nigeria, a creation of Western imperialism.

This is just pure geopolitics. Nigeria hasn't broken simply because the political elites are in bed with the West, and they are their rentboys. Also, take a look at countries that declared independence unilaterally, and see their fate.

They suffered years of unrecognition, and the world was shut at them. Even countries with powerful backers like Russia.

Following established precedence, no country that has established a diplomatic relationship with Nigeria will recognize Biafra. A crucial component of diplomatic relationships between countries is territorial integrity, and if Biafra breaks without the go-ahead from Abuja, it would be a lone wolf, weak and dirt poor, with no international recognition.

The economic prosperity of China only took off when the US recognized it as a country after thirty years of its founding, and China is a continent, it's freaking huge. But Biafra? A tiny country that Niger state will be bigger than?

I understand that independence is good, we all want to be free, but the world does not operate on good and bad, but strength and weakness. If Biafra declares, then I can tell you for sure that Nigeria with the help of this western ally will crush it, just like before.

It would be Ukraine 2.0, and the genocide would be worse this time. Unless maybe Russia and China support, then they could be hope.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by anonimi: 10:33am On Feb 25
pansophist:

There is a need, but the road is a long one and requires strategy, organization, patience, and knowing how to sail depending on the direction of the wind.

Simon Ekpa staying in Finland and running a country from there just looks like child's play. You can't stay in Finland, a country that is a puppy of Western hegemony, to break Nigeria, a creation of Western imperialism.

This is just pure geopolitics. Nigeria hasn't broken simply because the political elites are in bed with the West, and they are their rentboys. Also, take a look at countries that declared independence unilaterally, and see their fate.

They suffered years of unrecognition, and the world was shut at them. Even countries with powerful backers like Russia.

Following established precedence, no country that has established a diplomatic relationship with Nigeria will recognize Biafra. A crucial component of diplomatic relationships between countries is territorial integrity, and if Biafra breaks without the go-ahead from Abuja, it would be a lone wolf, weak and dirt poor, with no international recognition.

The economic prosperity of China only took off when the US recognized it as a country after thirty years of its founding, and China is a continent, it's freaking huge. But Biafra? A tiny country that Niger state will be bigger than?

I understand that independence is good, we all want to be free, but the world does not operate on good and bad, but strength and weakness. If Biafra declares, then I can tell you for sure that Nigeria with the help of this western ally will crush it, just like before.

It would be Ukraine 2.0, and the genocide would be worse this time. Unless maybe Russia and China support, then they could be hope.

Why is this lame excuse about western hegemony and imperialism being responsible for our collective failure not applicable to Asian and Arab countries? Is there a fundamental difference between us blacks and other races that we have to deal with, if we are serious about making progress?

Did France not support Biafrans even though USSR failed to support them since they couldn’t pay the communists?

Moreover, what manner of hypocrisy sits in the liberal democracies of western countries and wishes for suffocating dictatorship

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by pansophist(m): 10:51am On Feb 25
anonimi:

Why is this lame excuse about western hegemony and imperialism being responsible for our collective failure not applicable to Asian and Arab countries? Is there a fundamental difference between us blacks and other races that we have to deal with, if we are serious about making progress?

Did France not support Biafrans even though USSR failed to support them since they couldn’t pay the communists?

Moreover, what manner of hypocrisy sits in the liberal democracies of western countries and wishes for suffocating dictatorship

Gerrard59, help me out. Na you dey sabi handle this kind case.
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by pansophist(m): 11:14am On Feb 25
anonimi:

Anonimi, it's not as black and white as you put it. Different countries/regions in the view of Western hegemony are dealt with differently, but the end goal is the same, which is a loss of sovereignty.

Hegemony and state's sovereignty are incompatible.

Taiwan for example was made to be very wealthy, as a trap to prove to China and the world that communism doesn't work. The West allowed it to thrive, although Taiwan lost its sovereignty as a consequence.

Same with South Korea. The Soviets, North Korea and China have to see that liberal democracy is the only way to progress and development, hence allowed it to thrive, but again, lost its sovereignty.

Mention me just one very developed country that is an ally to the West, and I'll point to you how they lost their sovereignty in the process. For one, their countries are scattered with lots of US military bases, and the US always interfere in their internal affairs.

Mao once said that Japan is like a house of flowers, it's beautiful, but when the gardener comes to pluck off it's flowers, it will turn to desert overnight. Mao said this before the Plaza accord, which proves that he is a visionary.

If you don't know about the plaza accord, how the US destroyed the Japan economy, also known as the lost decades, then please read more about it. You can't tell me a country is sovereign, and will allow the USA impose such on them. Especially when the USA used nuclear weapons twice on their cities.

Take Germany for example. After the second World War, it became a US vassal state. The USA blew up Nord stream pipeline, and the Germans are silent. Can't do shit. But they are so interested in the death of Navalny. Hundreds of US military bases are scattered all over Germany. Is that sovereign to you?

I can go on and on. But you get the point. Please don't lump Africans with the Asians. Asia has lots of superpowers, from Iran to China and Russia, and the West must use those freed colonies as examples of how democracy is the best.

But one thing for sure is that if China and Russia are defeated today, then these so-called prosperous allies (eg Japan, Korea) will become as poor as Africa. Their wealth is temporary, like a flower garden. When the USA wants to take it, it will do it instantly.

Take an example of the thousands of sanctions slapped on Russia. If Russia is not as huge as it is, sovereign and having China, India, Brazil, Iran and lots of other countries as allies, it would have collapsed.

Those kinds of sanctions awaits all those their so-called allies, if they ever choose to challenge the USA hegemony. You're not wealthy if someone else can take your wealth in an instant, and if you built your wealth on someone's system.

History just within the last century are scattered with examples of very wealthy countries that are allies with the West, but when they outlived their usefulness, they went back to poverty. Japan and Korea are on their way there.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by ANTIFA: 12:04pm On Feb 25
pansophist:

Havent you observed a pattern in world history, that we black people are going extint...

Dont you think we need to fight back now we have the chance before a.i kills us.

Besides theres a video on arise tv where The cds claims simon ekpa currently controls the airspace of the south east. Whats your reaction to that.
Re: Advice Me On My 2 Million Travelling Budget by Gerrard59(m): 12:21pm On Feb 25
anonimi:

While we share blame for not doing our part to develop, I believe in the chess of development and geopolitics, certain actors bar us from actualising our potentials. This has been discussed in detail here: https://www.nairaland.com/7801886/multipolarism-versus-hegemonism-great-power

But the larger portion of blame lies on us, especially in this century, where there are many concepts to learn and copy from. However, as Pansophis.t said, it is one thing to be wealthy, but another thing for that wealth to be at the whims of another person. This means should you go against the person's wishes, the wealth is reduced to rumbles. OTOH, the person can actually prevent you from being wealthy in the first place.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Says Asaba Airport Not Safe / South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN / Ghana Presidential Jet Catches Fire At Kotoka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.