Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation (22319 Views)

Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis / FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations / Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by Londerry: 11:40am On Feb 13
Aviation sector needs serious scrutiny!!
Some airlines should be stopped or suspended from operating.
Dana aircraft’s are in bad shape. I remember the last flight I took to and from port harcourt to Lagos in October, 2023. It was like hanging on the back of a bird. Everyone was just shaking their heads and praying in silence.
They owe me 75,0001 till now and even refuse to pay. Keep saying I should go to my bank.
Airpiece will charge you for arriving late if you get to the counter 10-15 minutes before time but can delay you for 5 hours. Everything is just about maximizing profit…….
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by MrJames007: 11:43am On Feb 13
Nice one. No rubbish should be taken lightly again. This shìt is getting outta hand.
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by nkemdi89(f): 11:44am On Feb 13
Same almost happened in abuja Airport yesterday, if not for the timely intervention of other stakeholders .

1 Like

Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by LyfeJennings(m): 11:44am On Feb 13
nairalanda1:
Poor customer service, poor response to disaster.

What Dana should have done is lodged these people at a posh hotel for 2 days, while the plane is being fixed, at the airline's expense. Then drive the good people to the airport once flight is cleared for takeoff, and clear them quickly. Problem solved, and Dana air gets praised to the sky

I hope U know the company Dana itself is broke.
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by nedekid: 12:11pm On Feb 13
nairalanda1:

What Dana should have done is lodged these people at a posh hotel for 2 days, while the plane is being fixed, at the airline's expense. Then drive the good people to the airport once flight is cleared for takeoff, and clear them quickly. Problem solved, and Dana air gets praised to the sky
Ontop how much ticket naa? Those airlines are nearly breaking even. Give them more cost and aircrafts will start dropping from the sky.
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by nairalanda1(m): 12:14pm On Feb 13
nedekid:

Ontop how much ticket naa? Those airlines are nearly breaking even. Give them more cost and aircrafts will start dropping from the sky.

Well, they saved money, and got the passengers so frustrated that irrationallity took over.
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by Ogiame: 12:33pm On Feb 13
cpu2006:
you are mad. i can feed you & your people for the rest of your life.

Fergie001,. Nlfpmod
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by cpu2006(m): 12:45pm On Feb 13
Ogiame:

Fergie001,. Nlfpmod

@ Ogiame, only me you they report.
am sure, moderator will ask you to bring the conversation between both parties that is involve.
The guy in question was insulting president but you don't seem to be bothered.
my respond is now your concern
you are bias. it is my only comment you see?
do your worst. i don't care
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by Ogiame: 12:50pm On Feb 13
cpu2006:

@ Ogiame, only me you they report.
am sure, moderator will ask you to bring the conversation between both parties that is involve.
The guy in question was insulting president but you don't seem to be bothered.
my respond is now your concern
you are bias. it is my only comment you see?
do your worst. i don't care
Are you the president spokesperson? Hypocrite... Y'all did worse to GEJ and Obi, but when they insult the buffoon called Tinubu, you start crying.

Just wait for the moderator and stop crying.
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by cpu2006(m): 12:55pm On Feb 13
Ogiame:
Are you the president spokesperson? Hypocrite... Y'all did worse to GEJ and Obi, but when they insult the buffoon called Tinubu, you start crying.

Just wait for the moderator and stop crying.

lough grin grin grin grin grin grin
I thought i was charting with a responsible guy. you are fool.
idiot. you are a goat
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by Ogiame: 12:59pm On Feb 13
cpu2006:

lough grin grin grin grin grin grin
I thought i was charting with a responsible guy. you are fool.
idiot. you are a goat
Fergie001, Nlfpmod.

Rule number 2 cool
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by DARLINGTON869(m): 1:06pm On Feb 13
stagger:

Oga, that is the standard requirement whenever there is a delay. Any airline that claims it cannot lodge passengers on cancelled flights should not have an operational license.

I am not arguing that that is not the procedure. I am saying that Nigeria and the said airline is too financially and structurally messed up to even consider lodging aggreived passengers.
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by 540niyilolawa: 1:22pm On Feb 13
90% of the passengers have accumulated Valentine's konji & this increases aggression in them.90% of the passengers have accumulated Valentine's konji & this increases aggression in them....
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by Alliswell248: 2:08pm On Feb 13
Ogiame:
Sometimes, na Vawulence be the best way to tackle gross stupidity in this country... Do “Gentleman” with dem, and watch dem use you do yeye.

On top this hardship wey the idiot called Tinubu put the country, you still dey cancel flight like who can't spell.

I thought the agulu chief is your President and all of you are billionaire.

Tinubu dey leave rent free for your head.
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by PHAYOL81: 2:20pm On Feb 13
Sue them (I mean the company), that's fine but please don't harm their staffs because they're helpless in the case and are only striving to put food on their tables. They're people's siblings, parents, and/or children. They deserves better from all of us. Please stop taking laws into your hands.
I understand the pains of all the passengers concerned but trust me, there are better ways to handle this than violence. May GOD help us all.
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by daveP(m): 2:29pm On Feb 13
Nigerian Airlines operators need realize that passengers operate with time. Although it will be wiser to travel ahead of time, but even that is not assured anyone. That doesn't mean the service providers should be slack and start playing lotto with passengers that have paid and done their part to be rendered quality and efficient service in return. Apologies don't cut it. Quick thinking and better services is the best apology. They should fix up!
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by waice6571: 2:45pm On Feb 13
nairalanda1:

Sleep in a porsh hotel for 2 days because you do not have business in your destination, you only buy the ticket because you want to waste your time.... Madness.

I sleep dey hungry you why you no stay back for your house? Onyi
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by nairalanda1(m): 2:46pm On Feb 13
waice6571:

Sleep in a porsh hotel for 2 days because you do not have business in your destination, you only buy the ticket because you want to waste your time.... Madness.

I sleep dey hungry you why you no stay back for your house? Onyi

Abuse does not make you mature

Someone else made the same point you made, but did it without abuse.

Better change your ways.
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by waice6571: 2:54pm On Feb 13
nairalanda1:

Abuse does not make you mature

Someone else made the same point you made, but did it without abuse.

Better change your ways.

Okay... You've realized that your comment is awkward...
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by nairalanda1(m): 3:01pm On Feb 13
waice6571:

Okay... You've realized that your comment is awkward...

And yours was no better. Anyway, your opinion.
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by waice6571: 3:01pm On Feb 13
Londerry:
Aviation sector needs serious scrutiny!!
Some airlines should be stopped or suspended from operating.
Dana aircraft’s are in bad shape. I remember the last flight I took to and from port harcourt to Lagos in October, 2023. It was like hanging on the back of a bird. Everyone was just shaking their heads and praying in silence.
They owe me 75,0001 till now and even refuse to pay. Keep saying I should go to my bank.
Airpiece will charge you for arriving late if you get to the counter 10-15 minutes before time but can delay you for 5 hours. Everything is just about maximizing profit…….

Air Peace, May 16, 2023 kept people in the aircraft for more than 10hrs without food or anything and they refused to move claiming that, they do have expected numbr of passenger to cover the cost of the trip.... We are not yet ready for air transport business in Nigeria.
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by CrazyCrane: 3:05pm On Feb 13
Very useless airline
Cancelled the flight on Sunday
I had to lodge close by, only for the airline to call that we should be there on Monday by 12:20.
I waited for 5good hours yet nothing was said; only for the flight to be cancelled again by 17:45.

Their customer care team is the worst set of humans on earth
Today was meant to be my wedding
Thank you Dana.

Never again
Never again
Never again

Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by nasbidemi(m): 5:09pm On Feb 13
Only two airline I see operating in Nigeria dana and air paece and either of these two must have problem
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by Kingbuhari(m): 5:34pm On Feb 13
linearity:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That was some comedy…..clearly it was not you or it was you but happened in your dream…

1. Dana don’t fly to Doha.
2. MM2 is for local flights only.
3. Your name must be confirmed on the manifesto before they even start attending to your luggage, including excess luggage.
4. You don’t have to be in possession of a flight ticket to check-in, all they need is your ID for local flights and your international passport for international flights.
I didn't say Dana... When I saw the post I thought it was me because it happened yesterday at mm2 departure around 4pm ... I was hoping to escape from the heat and bad readership not knowing some bad luck is their waiting for me .. anyway am going to airport tomorrow with 14hrs layoff in Doha .. lemme park my sleeping mat because it's the road is going to be bumpy
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by autodoctor: 5:39pm On Feb 13
I hope they learn a good lesson from this.
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by Nolevel666: 5:52pm On Feb 13
Come’n chef, serve the breakfast hot hot
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by TonyBby: 6:30pm On Feb 13
Freakin', fighting fire with fire.
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by linearity: 6:46pm On Feb 13
Kingbuhari:
I didn't say Dana... When I saw the post I thought it was me because it happened yesterday at mm2 departure around 4pm ... I was hoping to escape from the heat and bad readership not knowing some bad luck is their waiting for me .. anyway am going to airport tomorrow with 14hrs layoff in Doha .. lemme park my sleeping mat because it's the road is going to be bumpy

I wish safe and successful Japa, have faith the bad experience will not happen again.

The Government can’t be making this hell of a Country unbearable to survive-in and come and be making the escape hatch a nightmare.
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by kel4soft: 7:50pm On Feb 13
crestedmazi:
hehehehe.

don't sneak out of town with the hope of returning early with a flight, naija will happen to you.

This is me right now. Dana did me dirty in Abuja to PH.
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by crestedmazi: 8:58pm On Feb 13
kel4soft:

This is me right now. Dana did me dirty in Abuja to PH.

Why always pH and owerri, seems them no rate passengers on that route.

Experienced this more than twice on theat route. can be very painful most especially if it was oringo that took you out of town
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by Kingbuhari(m): 10:07am On Feb 14
linearity:

I wish safe and successful Japa, have faith the bad experience will not happen again.

The Government can’t be making this hell of a Country unbearable to survive-in and come and be making the escape hatch a nightmare.
it was just a nightmare... The one's wey never enter plane before just because they were opportune to work for aline will be envying you and be acting as if they are the owner of the airline.. but God pass them...
Re: Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation by kel4soft: 9:55pm On Feb 14
crestedmazi:

Why always pH and owerri, seems them no rate passengers on that route.

Experienced this more than twice on theat route. can be very painful most especially if it was oringo that took you out of town

I wouldn't know oh 😃

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Family Of Four Die In Accident In Kano State. Photos / 50 Nigerians Safely Arrive Hungary (Video) / Utility Poles Smashes Through Vehicle In Freak Accident In Kano State. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.