Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,632 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts (39481 Views)

Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation / Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) / Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by ijustdey: 6:41pm On Dec 21, 2020
Dana Air passenger on Sunday went violent destroying the airline’s check-in systems and other equipments while also allegedly attacking the station manager at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

The passenger, Dr. Chike Okogwu, a person with Disability (PWD) was seen in a viral video destroying facilities at the airline’s counter in a fist of anger.

Okogwu had taken to his Twitter handle @chikeiq on Monday morning to narrate his experience, saying he was denied boarding despite meeting all the conditions.

“This is indeed the height of discrimination against persons with Disabilities in Nig. I booked a 7:20PM flight from Abj-Lag which was rescheduled to 9.05PM.

“I got my boarding pass only for DanaAir to say a new policy forbids carryn us with wheelchr,” he wrote on his Twitter page.

Dana Air reacts

Kingsley Ezenwa, spokesman of the airline said, “To put the issue into proper perspective, the said passenger (a PWD Person With Disability) who we regard as Special Passengers at Dana Air, got to our counter yesterday, 20th December 2020 at about 8pm for his flight and when our Duty Manager noticed him in the midst of the upsurge of passengers, approached him and politely explained to him that as a matter of policy, comfort and safety of our guests, we do not carry Special Passengers at night while offering to check him in first, on the 7am flight the next day.

“The said passenger blatantly refused the offer and went violent on the Duty Manager causing her injuries in the process.

“This same passenger also went further to destroy our check-in systems, chairs, Covid-19 Protective glass shields and weighing machines at our counter in Abuja. ( We have our video evidence).

Dana Airline reacts as passenger goes violent, destroys check-in systems

“Dr Chike Okogwu has enjoyed the luxury of flying with us for many years even as other airlines have totally refused to even sell tickets to him as a result of his reputation of verbally attacking able-bodied staff assigned to assist him whenever he is flying.

“Apart from this reason why other airlines avoid him, Dr Chike knows that Dana Air is among the few airlines that accepts Persons with Disability with a policy which we expect them to follow strictly in their own interest and in the interest of safety.

“While we acknowledge and regret the frustrations of our guests at this time and working round the clock to resolve the undesirable issues our guests are experiencing, we wish to state without an iota of doubt that Dana Air has never, and will never as a brand; discriminate against ANY passenger no matter the circumstance.

“Dana Air will also not tolerate any acts of violence against any of her staff, passengers or property and as a law abiding corporate citizen of Nigeria, we urge Dr. Chike Okogwu to be civil in his engagements as everything we do at Dana Air will always be in the interest of safety.”

https://dailytrust.com/dana-airline-reacts-as-passenger-goes-violent-destroys-check-in-systems

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 21, 2020
Have met so many people with disabilities and one thing I notice in most (notice the most) is, because of low self esteem, they are violent, wicked sometimes and tend to react quickly to even matters that requires you laugh slightly and walk away...
And at the same time, some of them are nice, have come across some that have positive vibe so if am to judge, i will say 70% are violent while the rest 30 are good...
It's like they always wait for you to say something wrong so they can vent their anger and frustration on you....

For those quoting me, I wrote what I wrote here based on years of working with many of them.. I have made alot of easy aids for most of them and working with so many of them over the years made me draw my conclusions..
If you make even the slightest mistake, they will tell you it's because they are disabled and you look down on them.. They don't take things easy and they flare up at the slightest provocation...
You might have met disabled angels but have met both the good, the bad and the ugly...

118 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Kaduna1stson: 6:43pm On Dec 21, 2020
When you offered to reschedule him till next morning, did you agree to pay his hotel bills for the night?

328 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 21, 2020
After destroying the airline's check-in system, he has successfully reached his destination... 'UNCONTROLLED ANGER'

Silly doctor that cannot control his anger is an 'Agbero' in disguise angry

Let him pay for all the things he destroyed.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by FarahAideed: 6:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
Now it makes sense .. The man was being childish because they were only helping him ..Nigerian local Airports are very inefficient at night

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Buharidgeneral: 7:02pm On Dec 21, 2020
With this act hope he can fly successful.
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by longetivity(m): 7:06pm On Dec 21, 2020
what were they looking at when the disabled man destroyed those costly amount of property

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Fidelismaria: 7:23pm On Dec 21, 2020
Dana air kor peak milk air ni.

Rubbish.

Being a Nigerian is already a disability not to talk of being a person with disability.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Vision4God: 7:38pm On Dec 21, 2020
This is not good.
These airlines don't care about u. They will delay flight and not take into consideration the passengers. Some passengers aren't based in that state and some have no relation close by.
That was how we spent a day and half at d Airport due to delay. Although d whether in the north was hazy which was a major factor. Twas an 8am flight, but we eventually took off feom lagos 2.30am the next day, It was d most frustrating flight I ever had.

Dana make una de make proper arrangement for pwd's please when next u are flying late.

The Dr should learn to be accommodating & manage his anger. It's his lose if all airlines refuse to accept him because of his anger issues.

28 Likes

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Blossomfirst(f): 7:49pm On Dec 21, 2020
sad
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Nairalandwizerd(m): 7:50pm On Dec 21, 2020
Mad people are like MTN, they are everywhere you go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by GboyegaD(m): 7:50pm On Dec 21, 2020
What the hell is wrong with us?
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by SeriouslySense(m): 7:51pm On Dec 21, 2020
I don't understand why they had to reschedule his flight, he is just like any other passenger

Kaduna1stson:
When you offered to reschedule him till next morning, did you agree to pay his hotel bills for the night?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by GreaterFuture(m): 7:52pm On Dec 21, 2020
We should all from time to time Check if we are all mentally balanced. Do it for those around you and most importantly for yourself so that you can enjoy a better quality of life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by slawormiir: 7:52pm On Dec 21, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright...
Ain't judging no shit yet

Like my grandfather will always say to me son....
There are three sides to a story
1) the accused version
2) the complainant
3) the true story

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Kobicove(m): 7:53pm On Dec 21, 2020
Some of these guys with disabilities tend to be quick to anger cos they always they're being discriminated against undecided

2 Likes

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Chirowman(m): 7:54pm On Dec 21, 2020
This is very bad of him, uncontrollable anger is very bad.
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by arukwe123(m): 7:54pm On Dec 21, 2020
[s]
southniyikaye:
Have met so many people with disabilities and one thing I notice in most (notice the most) is, because of low self esteem, they are violent, wicked sometimes and tend to react quickly to even matters that requires you laugh slightly and walk away...
And at the same time, some of them are nice, have come across some that have positive vibe so if am to judge, i will say 70% are violent while the rest 30 are good...
[/s] 100% rubbish. How many of them have you encountered to come to this conclusion.

16 Likes

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by wellmax(m): 7:54pm On Dec 21, 2020
Nigerians are unruly.
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 21, 2020
I still need a akwa ibom based architect for this job...

check my post!
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Olodo24: 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2020
I don't support destruction of properties or violence of any kind, but we discriminate a lot in this country

4 Likes

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Omezif(m): 7:56pm On Dec 21, 2020
Some adults still behave like children when they are out. They should have gave them some lashes to reset their childish brain.
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by FREEMADNESS: 7:57pm On Dec 21, 2020
I thought he smoked Colorado when I saw the headline not until I went through the details I realised he was a disabled man.

***MORAL***

NEVA JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER.
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by lagonovo: 7:58pm On Dec 21, 2020
southniyikaye:
Your comment added no value to anything.

9 Likes

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Ogbodavies(m): 7:58pm On Dec 21, 2020
concerned about his safety....weldone....is anyone safe in naija.... no hotel reservation..he must hv made pick up arrangements ...who will pay

5 Likes

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by HerMajestyCares(f): 7:58pm On Dec 21, 2020
Let Me Leave this issue to our NAIRALAND Panel of Judges grin grin grin

Where is Our NAIRALAND PREACHERS,
WE ENJOY YOUR PREACHING AND ADVICE. cheesy cheesy

I thank Jesus for wealth and life. cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibom Air Acquires 6th Aircraft (Photos) / My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk / Pictures Of The Completed Ijebu Ode-Epe-Sagamu-Benin Expressway Interchange.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.