Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market (26438 Views)

Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market / Naira Hits All-Time Low Of ₦1,152/$1 In Black Market / Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by RepoMan007: 1:21pm On Feb 13
Kukutenla:
Ah!!
Official market is now worse than parallel market
Which kind wahala be dis?
So who is funding the parallel market for it to have such stability?
parallel has always been bigger than official but government kept "doing stronghead" to give a good outlook.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Deogratiasfx: 1:22pm On Feb 13
Tinubu till 2031.....now that AFCON is over, the disunity continues. 'Igbos will never become president in Nigeria'.
Obi and Obidients are the reason dollar is raising

8 Likes

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by MT: 1:22pm On Feb 13
abhosts:
Who exactly is benefiting from an ever falling Naira? What kind of cruelty is this? In 2019, a friend of mine based in the US invested $200,000(N72,000,000 at that time) into Nigerian real estate. Now his investment is valued at about N200,000,000($135,000). Despite the fact that his naira investment tripled in value, it was still not worth it from a dollar perspective. He is now regretting his decision because he would have been better off just leaving his $200k in the bank when you consider it is now worth 32 percent less. This is an example of foreign investor they claim to be courting.

Thank you.

An average Nigeria looks at the figure of money rather than the value of money.

I have heard some people abroad getting happy that naira is falling . I guess they will sell cement to them at the rate of 3500 naira.

Even that money in your bank account is losing value.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by EreluRoz: 1:23pm On Feb 13
Nigerians are still sleeping 😌

Wake up guys, it's time for revolution

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 1:24pm On Feb 13
This man should just resign nah, what's all these
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Sonofgod1990(m): 1:24pm On Feb 13
make i rush enter home go bill my sure client $20 which he will gladly pay. dat almost 30k in naira make i go do small dorime with some holosho...
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Captain6(m): 1:24pm On Feb 13
killsmith:
Nigerians should call for the resignation of cardoso.
Because he should turn to a Magician abi? When your economy is terrible, and is managed by another clueless President, what do you expect?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Davicl: 1:24pm On Feb 13
SuperEagles:
Make God help us before mother finish selling sons to feed.

When you have an empty Brain
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by onuman: 1:24pm On Feb 13
abhosts:
Who exactly is benefiting from an ever falling Naira? What kind of cruelty is this? In 2019, a friend of mine based in the US invested $200,000(N72,000,000 at that time) into Nigerian real estate. Now his investment is valued at about N200,000,000($135,000). Despite the fact that his naira investment tripled in value, it was still not worth it from a dollar perspective. He is now regretting his decision because he would have been better off just leaving his $200k in the bank when you consider it is now worth 32 percent less. This is an example of foreign investor they claim to be courting.

Courting foreign investors to a country with spiralling inflation?
Tinubu people can tell that only to their equally empty head supporters.
The foreign investors they can court are those who come to mine crude oil and other mineral resources and pay a token for royalty, cart the crude oil and other minerals away to their home countries. Nigeria's politicians use the token to form a resemblance of government in Nigeria, pay the armed forces of Nigeria to silence dissenters, and steal rest of the tokens.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by just2endowed: 1:25pm On Feb 13
Paraman:
This is one of the reason foreign investors are not trooping to Nigeria

Cordoso will not hear this
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Captain6(m): 1:25pm On Feb 13
MrRemedyAlagbo:
This man should just resign nah, what's all these
Have you called for the President to resign? Cardoso is just a victim of circumstance.
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by fitinwell: 1:26pm On Feb 13
ogododo:

https://dailytrust.com/dollar-hits-all-time-low-crosses-n1500-at-official-market/

Naira singing.. I am going higher ,Yes! I am
Am going higher everyday... 2ce

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Brushstrokes20: 1:26pm On Feb 13
Dammmmmmmmnnnn it 👀👀👀

# eBOLA on rampage 💯💯💯
At this juncture, Only bloodthirsty Khaki boys can salvage the situation!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by nairalanda1(m): 1:26pm On Feb 13
Well, we are here, and we are in a mess after all.

Years of not diversifying, years of pretending oil was enough for all of us, years of pretending corruption was the only problem...while income was always shitty....is why we are here.

Now is the time to stop crying over spilt milk. DIVERSIFY DIVERSIFY or DIE.

4 Likes

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Dancebreaker: 1:28pm On Feb 13
abhosts:

Lol, they don't mean it to benefit me and you or any genuine investor. To invest in 9ja from abroad is awful economically. Especially since 2015. Unless in politics.

It's for those CBN allocate Forex to and sell on quickly to BDCs/Mallams. Even that will fail increasingly as the difference narrows upon flotation.

Remember there are people who deal in dollars/Euros only in 9ja. They have huge reserves of Forex, and they feel good to see Forex as the only store of value. Their tenants in VI/Ikoyi/Abuja pay them in dollars. Real estate in most parts of 9ja (except highbrow areas) and the Naira are not a good store of economic value currently.

Once the elite have benefitted from the chaos enough, there will be a policy summersault. Largely due to pressure from the North. Election threat things. Then back to square.
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by viodemus: 1:28pm On Feb 13
Nigeria is officially an inflation republic, upon our generator republic.

We warned these people, that big eyes is nothing but an egomaniac. Big eyes just wanted to proof to his mamaput babes, that he can run Nigeria. Now, he is running it to the ground.

I predicted that big for nothing eyes, will be running a low flying govt. So low now, that it is dangerously low, about to crash.

All big eyes has to do is shun tribalism and his ingrained corruption, like half of the problem is solved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Kukutenla: 1:29pm On Feb 13
RepoMan007:
parallel has always been bigger than official but government kept "doing stronghead" to give a good outlook.
I'm talking about the stability and not the size.
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by onuman: 1:30pm On Feb 13
Brushstrokes20:
Dammmmmmmmnnnn it 👀👀👀

# eBOLA on rampage 💯💯💯
At this juncture, Only bloodthirsty Khaki boys can salvage the situation!

Khaki boys feel they are paid better than the average Nigerians by the political class. They rather eat pepper soup and chase young girls than involve in politics.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Treadway: 1:30pm On Feb 13
Kpartners:
“I do not want Peter Obi to ever become the president of Nigeria again. I know he has a saviour complex thinking he can still salvage Nigeria.

They are going to leave a carcass of a nation for him to come fix when they have plundered it to a wasteland. Then blame him for not waving a magic wand and fixing sh!t overnight.

Peter Obi warned everybody the last election was a f!ght for the survival of the country...Agbado people labelled him a divisive b!got.

Peter Obi should actually retire with his beautiful Aunty Maggie and let who wants to p£rish...p£rish! 🤷🏾‍♂️”
exactly oo

Obi would be the most stupid person on earth, to willingly want to put himself in this kinda mess that his isn't a part of.

Eleru lo ye ko gberu e.

APC that put us in this position should kuma continue till they fully bury the country, so that history will tell and show how they were the end of Nigeria.

It is best left to imagination where Nigeria would be by 2027..why the hell would he want that kind of wahala?

If I were him, I would sit on the sidelines and watch them destroy everything patapata. Las las these bastards have forced me into a position where i have to flee from this country, but wherever I am on this God's green earth, if I still dey by 2027, I will come back to vote APC again just for the fun of it. Let me see the bastard that will query my choice then.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Kukutenla: 1:30pm On Feb 13
BreconHills:

It will help liquidity as funds can flow through banking system at a near to Street price.
Are you sure? Parallel market might be weakened though if this continues due to the pull on demand
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by nairalanda1(m): 1:31pm On Feb 13
EreluRoz:

TO do what?

Does the revolution have answers to our oil dependency, or are they going to spend more money for goodies, meaning massive priniting for nothing?

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Lovelyn451(f): 1:33pm On Feb 13
You guys should call this man to order naw, destroying peoples business capital, yorubas know nothing abt economy and they want to take over Nigerias economy....God forbid

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Brushstrokes20: 1:34pm On Feb 13
onuman:

Khaki boys feel they are paid better than the average Nigerians by the political class. They rather eat pepper soup and chase young girls than involve in politics.
Hmmmmn.... You're spot on though.
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Honestey: 1:36pm On Feb 13
"Dollar naira Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by ogododo: 10:33am"
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Martinez39s(m): 1:36pm On Feb 13
Shege banza loading... 9% complete... 91% more to go (7 years left). grin

After the download is complete, you will need to clear more space in your hard drive to accommodate 800gb of new shege 1.01 update. grin

4 Likes

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Ogiame: 1:37pm On Feb 13
EreluRoz:

Revolution impregnate you there.... Ekpà grin

You wanted Tinubu, enjoy him. 😂

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by AyeMoJuba: 1:38pm On Feb 13
Klington:
shocked

Tinubu is the best brain.... In the mud.
He's a master strategist....in the mud.
He fixed Lagos....................in the mud.
He raised Lagos igr............ In the mud.
He knows how to assemble technocrats... In the mud.

Still beats my imagination how any human being with a functioning brain will wish Tinubu to this country. embarassed embarassed

You all will wail without ending

Any reasonable human being should be aware of the fact that to build is painful...we must bear this pain to enjoy later
Is Tinubu the one who sold your crude Oil in advance? Is Tinubu who borrowed money and plunged the Nation to debts?

The Naira must further be devalued to reflect it's true value...this is the only way to attract investors and have a stable economy.
Those of u crying because Tinubu is not your tribes man can go hug transformer.
Bunch of ingrates

3 Likes

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by EreluRoz: 1:39pm On Feb 13
Ogiame:
Revolution impregnate you there.... Ekpà grin

You wanted Tinubu, enjoy him. 😂
Ogiame revolution is the only way to solving Nigeria's problem permanently. Don't be deceived by anyone
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by OkukoIgbo: 1:39pm On Feb 13
SuperEagles:
Make God help us before mother finish selling sons to feed.

Is it not better than your olosho mama that lost a born by mistake via miscarriage like you in the chemist shop where the escape imbe aborted you?
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by OkukoIgbo: 1:40pm On Feb 13
AyeMoJuba:

You all will wail without ending

Any reasonable human being should be aware of the fact that to build is painful...we must bear this pain to enjoy later
Is Tinubu the one who sold your crude Oil in advance? Is Tinubu who borrowed money and plunged the Nation to debts?

The Naira must further be devalued to reflect it's true value...this is the only way to attract investors and have a stable economy.
Those of u crying because Tinubu is not your tribes man can go hug transformer.
Bunch of ingrates

we must bear the pain but 500 million have gone to committee just like that, you and your whole generations are fools

6 Likes

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Ogiame: 1:41pm On Feb 13
EreluRoz:
Ogiame revolution is the only way to solving Nigeria's problem permanently. Don't be deceived by anyone
If only you knew what Ogiame means, you'll respect the name by not writing thrash.

But Rose, you said Tinubu will salvage the situation and he was the best thing after PH roasted bole and grilled fish.... What changed? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Access Bank’s Students’ Credit Card: Hit Or Miss? / Customers’ Woes Deepen As Touts Invade ATMs, Worsen Scarcity / IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.