Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market (26452 Views)

Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market / Naira Hits All-Time Low Of ₦1,152/$1 In Black Market / Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by naijaboy756: 2:34pm On Feb 13
Iamblessed85:

I just checked your post history. No single positive news.

It’s either you’re a kid who does not understand the implications of negative reporting, or you’re a not soo bright adult who is bitter with the present govt or you’re an opposition agent. Remember, pdp also ruled for 16 years and they weren’t any better. Stop posting negative news all the time. Everytime naira hits record low. What does it benefit you?
He should keep quiet and be stewpid?

Disappoint him by leading well and not ranting here like a leaking sewage pipe
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Klington: 2:36pm On Feb 13
AyeMoJuba:

You all will wail without ending

Any reasonable human being should be aware of the fact that to build is painful...we must bear this pain to enjoy later
Is Tinubu the one who sold your crude Oil in advance? Is Tinubu who borrowed money and plunged the Nation to debts?

The Naira must further be devalued to reflect it's true value...this is the only way to attract investors and have a stable economy.
Those of u crying because Tinubu is not your tribes man can go hug transformer.
Bunch of ingrates

I hope you read the part that i said reasonable human being.I wasn't expecting irredeemable nonentities with an IQ of low grade !mbec!les like you to be reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by jaxxy(m): 2:38pm On Feb 13
useless government
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by bolabadmus38: 2:38pm On Feb 13
Hmmm. The Government need to act fast before people are pushed to the wall. It's getting harder everyday. Our problems are majorly corruption. If the palliative has been well handled people will have a sigh of relief. Some people will just sit on what should go round to the vulnerables. Government should act fast before it's uncontrollable.my take.

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by FuckAnyFuckable: 2:38pm On Feb 13
Savedday2:
This na less!

In weeks it will further depreciate because our leaders have lost clue on what to do.

If you have the means, start saving in dollar instead of naira.

Mr man your suggestion will only compound the problems. Because people will start looking for dollars to save thereby increasing demand for dollars, naira becomes less desirable and to make the matter worse, the dollars will be taking off the circulation thereby making it difficult to find for forex transactions.

There will only be more demand for dollars that's automatically less in supply due to actions of those buying and keeping off circulation.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by CaptainJune: 2:38pm On Feb 13
onuman:

Another Tinubu ass licker.

You float the Naira to the death of millions of Nigerians from starvation. You float the Naira but millions of Nigerians die for that; what's in your head?
Economic planning is about bettering the lives of citizens.

I deliberately refrained from responding to that person you quoted. It hasn't dawned on him yet because he is still quoting from the scripts his mega rich APC lords distributed to their impoverished and hunger-stricken followers to support and justify their suffering (supporters).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by WhiteWood: 2:39pm On Feb 13
SSpeter:
you are wrong and do not understand what he wrote...you invest 200k USD which is 72m in Naira @360 as at today the value of the investment is 200million Naira; however Naira has devalued from 360-1500 against the dollar. Hence, the real estate worth is 200million/1500naira which gives you 133k USD the guy has lost almost 67k USD in that investment

I think you're correct. I recalculated the figures, and discovered he's correct. I think the problem in Nigeria is beginning to have a negative effect my medulla oblongata, Lol

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by iammolise(m): 2:41pm On Feb 13
efokunbale!
amagbe wa Le!...

We go hear am till we go wake up Las Las
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by WhiteWood: 2:43pm On Feb 13
fuck419:

TELL YOUR FRIEND TO SELL HIS INVESTMENT IN THE REAL ESTATE. HE IS NOT AT ANY LOSS BUT IN A SUPPER PROFIT.

I thought I was the only one who had the same thought -- I also invested in real estate in 2019, and I can proudly say that my profit is through the roof

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by bigjj: 2:45pm On Feb 13
Cardoso is simply incompetent!
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by SSpeter(m): 2:46pm On Feb 13
WhiteWood:

I think you're correct. I recalculated the figures, and discovered he's correct. I think the problem in Nigeria is beginning to have a negative effect my medulla oblongata, Lol
I am correct, cheers grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by CaptainJune: 2:50pm On Feb 13
t2luv1:

Reading a posting like this makes me be appreciative that I left that Kosi Kosi country (Kosi owo, kosi ina, kosi omi always kosi kosi) when I was young. The country is dying and all this piece of sh*t could think of is some Southwest being President when your so call Southwest man is proving beyond reasonable doubt that he's incompetent, I am not an abortion supporter but for you, I am willing to make an exception.

Calm down. He is expressing his dislike for the APC government through sarcasm. He, like every well-meaning Nigerian, knows that Nigeria deserves a much better leader than Tinubu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by amAZEing: 2:51pm On Feb 13
Real value of the naira maybe #3,000 or more.
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Agunesinjaweola: 2:57pm On Feb 13
WhiteWood:

I thought I was the only one who had the same thought -- I also invested in real estate in 2019, and I can proudly say that my profit is through the roof
WhiteWood:

Only if you hold your assets in Nigeria,then you' have profited but if you choose to change your assets to foreign value is where you are at a loss big time.

Imagine an investment of $200,000 =N72,000,000
Now N72,000,000 worth N200,000,000

But N200,000,000 now is $135,000 now

So, the connotation is you're Super Rich in Nigeria with your assets but any attempt to take an foreign flight with your investment is doomed.
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Agunesinjaweola: 2:58pm On Feb 13
WhiteWood:

WhiteWood:

Only if you hold your assets in Nigeria,then you' have profited but if you choose to change your assets to foreign value is where you are at a loss big time.

Imagine an investment of $200,000 =N72,000,000
Now N72,000,000 worth N200,000,000

But N200,000,000 now is $135,000 now

So, the connotation is you're Super Rich in Nigeria with your assets but any attempt to take an foreign flight with your investment is doomed...
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Crucialgem(m): 3:01pm On Feb 13
Has anybody heard bode George interview on how emeifiele and his cohort commercial bankers both elumelu and wigwe done with the dollar and exchange rate in the country
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Zeezenho: 3:03pm On Feb 13
bolabadmus38:
Hmmm. The Government need to act fast before people are pushed to the wall. It's getting harder everyday. Our problems are majorly corruption. If the palliative has been well handled people will have a sigh of relief. Some people will just sit on what should go round to the vulnerables. Government should act fast before it's uncontrollable.my take.
This agbado urchin still deh talk about palliative.

We need no palliative! all we ask for is good governance.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by franudi: 3:05pm On Feb 13
Tinubu is the New Mr. Clueless.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by pquaver(m): 3:05pm On Feb 13
IduNaOba:
Tinubu must complete his 8 years o
Then the north can have power again.
Let no igbo man near that seat o
Even me sef won't support Peter Obi.

The south West must finish this 8 years.

Akuko come 2027 u will carry ur fraud obi on the head like gala. Who u wan deceive?

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by millionboi2: 3:07pm On Feb 13
Karleb:
Is it Tinubu that is selling the dollar?
Are we spending dollar in Nigeria?

grin grin grin
mumu
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by ncoolsome(m): 3:09pm On Feb 13
They will still blame Jonathan for this..
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Agunesinjaweola: 3:10pm On Feb 13
Crucialgem:
Has anybody heard bode George interview on how emeifiele and his cohort commercial bankers both elumelu and wigwe done with the dollar and exchange rate in the country
Crucialgem:
All they do is to buy a Dollar at N400 from CBN and give to Bureau de Change which they floated and BdC sells at N850 and the profit is shared on daily basis.

Super profit and this are the Dollars meant to bring imported goods for economic development.

That is how the Òkóró solidarity ruins the economy.

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by MT: 3:10pm On Feb 13
dettolgel:

I think for most Nigerians abroad that fall in that category there happiness is mostly from the fact that with just 10 dollars they can settle one or two billings. With 100 dollars they can take care of at least 5 people billing them. Unlike when 100 dollars will hardly go round. Yes the money may not go a long way to the biller but at least it is on record that the billee gave 5 billers 20k each.

When it boils done to their own project and family responsible everyone is crying. Because if you used to drop 100k for your parents now you have to triple it.

You are making lot of sense and I agree totally.

At the bolded, they care less WHAT the 20k can actually do, but just to be on record.

Spot on!

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by bolabadmus38: 3:11pm On Feb 13
Zeezenho:

This agbado urchin still deh talk about palliative. We need now palliative all we ask for is good governance.

Imagine, using a derogatory word "urchin" on someone you never who he is all because you want to express your opinion. Not good, brother. You can make your comment without insulting anyone.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by MT: 3:12pm On Feb 13
Crucialgem:

Immediately I heard Ibori singing the praises of Wigwe, I knew there would be some underhand shady deals.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by millionboi2: 3:14pm On Feb 13
AyeMoJuba:

Any reasonable human being should be aware of the fact that to build is painful...we must bear this pain to enjoy later
Is Tinubu the one who sold your crude Oil in advance? Is Tinubu who borrowed money and plunged the Nation to debts?

The Naira must further be devalued to reflect it's true value...this is the only way to attract investors and have a stable economy.
Bunch of ingrates
u are not just foolish but dumb to think u are making sense
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by dettolgel: 3:17pm On Feb 13
MT:

You are making lot of sense and I agree totally.

At the bolded, they care less WHAT the 20k can actually do, but just to be on record.

Spot on!

The cost of living is hitting everyone hard both home and abroad.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by owunabastard: 3:20pm On Feb 13
AyeMoJuba:

Bunch of ingrates
People are hungry and you are yarning dust. The same story everyday. Please repent from your propaganda to deceive people
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Zeezenho: 3:22pm On Feb 13
bolabadmus38:

Imagine, using a derogatory word "urchin" on someone you never who he is all because you want to express your opinion. Not good, brother. You can make your comment without insulting anyone.

Its not an insult their stupidity and indifference brought this country to its knees .
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by Preneurtiger(m): 3:22pm On Feb 13
Its now very obvious that the value of dollar will always rise compared to Naira. Meanwhile, you can buy and sell your Bitcoins and USDTs on XPM Exchange at the best rates. LINK IN SIGNATURE
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by AngelicBeing: 3:26pm On Feb 13
abhosts:
Who exactly is benefiting from an ever falling Naira? What kind of cruelty is this? In 2019, a friend of mine based in the US invested $200,000(N72,000,000 at that time) into Nigerian real estate. Now his investment is valued at about N200,000,000($135,000). Despite the fact that his naira investment tripled in value, it was still not worth it from a dollar perspective. He is now regretting his decision because he would have been better off just leaving his $200k in the bank when you consider it is now worth 32 percent less. This is an example of foreign investor they claim to be courting.

shocked
Re: Dollar Hits All-time Low, Crosses N1,500 At Official Market by tommy589(m): 3:28pm On Feb 13
Treadway:
exactly oo

Obi would be the most stupid person on earth, to willingly want to put himself in this kinda mess that his isn't a part of.

Eleru lo ye ko gberu e.

APC that put us in this position should kuma continue till they fully bury the country, so that history will tell and show how they were the end of Nigeria.

It is best left to imagination where Nigeria would be by 2027..why the hell would he want that kind of wahala?

If I were him, I would sit on the sidelines and watch them destroy everything patapata. Las las these bastards have forced me into a position where i have to flee from this country, but wherever I am on this God's green earth, if I still dey by 2027, I will come back to vote APC again just for the fun of it. Let me see the bastard that will query my choice then.

As long as Obi lives,he is going to aspire in 2027. If you were to be a genuine billionaire that became successful through the mill,what would have been your motivation to spend your hard earned money contesting in 2023

Knowing that this crooked democracy won't bring any dividends I no longer vote

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 / Is It Ethical For A Christian To Trade Forex? / Ongoing Remodeling Of A-Line In Ariaria International Market, Aba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.