Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,115 members, 7,828,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) (38011 Views)

Police Arrest 2 Armed Robbers In Imo(photo) / 2 Arrested For Stealing ₦70,000 From Betting Shop In Imo (Photo) / Customs Seizes Truckload Of Weapons, Codeine, Tramadol In Imo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Nigercity: 11:03am On Feb 13
Too bad
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by osasu22: 11:05am On Feb 13
This is really terrible, why take a life you cannot create? Killing innocent people is barbaric and inhumane
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Figger(m): 11:08am On Feb 13
PlutoChief:
What's the literal meaning of onwubiko?
death please
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Abagworo(m): 11:08am On Feb 13
Most likely herdsmen cause that's their stronghold. All those Ihube, Uturi, Lokpanta, Umuchieze axis are controlled by herdsmen. Alex Otti has demolished the makeshift shanties at the cattle market but cannot sack those in the bush lest it would be politicized and made to look like he's fighting the innocent Fulani herders.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by chatinent: 11:09am On Feb 13
The irony in his name “onwubiko.”

The deadliest haven to live in is with humans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Dennisochampa: 11:13am On Feb 13
What do we even call this

May God help us.... 9ja is messed up at the moment...

This could be anything from cultism to sabotage over a case he's working on...
Whatever it is... May his soul rest in peace and may God forgive his imperfections...
His killers will never know peace... Amen

1 Like

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by BBIA: 11:14am On Feb 13
Just population reduction.

Long live UGM,

Long Live Sit-at-home cool
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by geoworldedu: 11:16am On Feb 13
Zico5:
The lives of animals are more secured than that of men these days. People are living dangerously these days thanks to hardship and insecurity. No one knows what can happen at any point in time.
The animals you people slaughter in a day no be hear o. Cows and chicken don suffer for our hands. Even Third world war will not lose humans in 5 years compared to the animals we kill in a day worldwide grin

1 Like

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Sctests: 11:18am On Feb 13
Justice Kekere-Ekun and her co-Injustices threw Imo state into chaos.

She and others will reap what they have sown one day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by ufuosman(m): 11:20am On Feb 13
Too bad
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Nostring: 11:23am On Feb 13
AfonjaEkiti:

Politics
even when drug dealings go wrong..u go see Blame politics..spits
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Rikze: 11:23am On Feb 13
shocked

What a loss for the family. He had in mind to go and return home, sadly it ended up this way for him. So sad.

That road should be avoided once it begins to get a little dark. The last time I plied that road at night around past 8pm, you need to see me driving like a mad man. That was over 5 years ago.

Last year I used the road around to 7 in the evening, it was still a creepy experience. The cashew trees on both sides does not help matters especially the Isuikwuato axis.

The construction of the Abia State part of the road has really opened up the road a whole lot.

1 Like

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:24am On Feb 13
Saddening, may his soul rest in peace
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by oyeb15: 11:24am On Feb 13
Any good news for today
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Nyanabo(m): 11:25am On Feb 13
One would think by now people would stop embarking on night journeys. RIP to the departed
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Immatex(m): 11:28am On Feb 13
I refused to believe this when I say it on Facebook, hoping it was some mistake but it's seems to be the unfortunate reality.

Barrister Victor was my friend, we both lived in Okigwe before I left the country for good, for fear of my own life. We would usually hang out after work each day for a few bottles and banters at a beer parlour or hotel.

He was the lawyer I employed to prepare Deeds of Conveyance papers for me.

Just few weeks back late January, he congratulated me for the arrival of our baby girl.

It's so sad to hear he died to the same insecurities he very often spoke of. A brilliant, young and vibrant guy dies for the failure to keep our roads safe leaving behind a very young family with an uncertain future.
Too bad

1 Like

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by TrainPark: 11:29am On Feb 13
Biafra kwenuuu!!!
You are killing your best minds with lawless abandon

1 Like

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 11:32am On Feb 13
chiiraq802:
Imo state was one of the safest state in 9jeria. I no cum understand wetin dey happen again.

Read the post below yours.
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 11:34am On Feb 13
Break up this goddam contraption !
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Sleekfingers: 11:34am On Feb 13
we are on top of the situation, I am going to issue a press statement on it,” the PPRO said

You guys are always on top of the situation.... How many people have you useless people arrested?

You guys are only on top of your wives, not the situation.
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by NairaMaster1(m): 11:42am On Feb 13
Bisimohammed:
This is becoming unbecoming

If you ask me I will tell you that the young was careless, rough and insensitive. Moving around that time on that road is suicide mission.
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Exousiang01: 11:42am On Feb 13
silvoclaira:
Efuleefu lazy youths.

South East was always peaceful, until the Supreme Court did the unimaginable and then Kanu and his kinsmen lost their cool
And started killing each other.
Very smart.
You have an interesting point there
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by yommen: 11:42am On Feb 13
This is not about Hausa, Ibo or Yoruba. Its all about human inhumanity to fellow human being. Even though I support Nigeria splitting, but will that be the solution to the barbarism?

2 Likes

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by BabaRamota1980: 11:48am On Feb 13
May his soul rest in peace.

Is this the work of Ibo kidnappers, or fulani kidnappers?
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by izubext007: 11:49am On Feb 13
U know, all this lawyers think say nothing dey happen.
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Imert: 11:49am On Feb 13
Unknown Gunmen.

Land of violence.
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by NGArmyTerrorist: 11:51am On Feb 13
The Zoo military are into kidnapping in Okigwe, if they don't want to go for the hit, they will provide weapons for their herdsmen in Okigwe to go for the hit! We ESN medicine these period!
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by muykem: 11:52am On Feb 13
chiiraq802:
Imo state was one of the safest state in 9jeria. I no cum understand wetin dey happen again.
You understand very well, no need to pretend. We celebrate IPOB/ESN thereby providing fertile ground for criminals.
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Exceed15: 11:57am On Feb 13
May God comfort his family. This administration is a huge mistake.
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Ten06(m): 12:01pm On Feb 13
Una do this one. Killing your own people in the name of agitating for something is madness.
Curse will be on any igbo supporting these killers

1 Like

Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Chukwuka319(m): 12:05pm On Feb 13
RIP to the dead Safety can only come from God for His Word in Psalms 91:9-10 says " Because thou hast made the LORD which is my refuge , even the most High thy habitation ;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy habitation.
Only God can save us from evil incarnation in human beings and all other manner of evil.
Re: Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo) by Promax4321: 12:05pm On Feb 13
PlutoChief:
What's the literal meaning of onwubiko?
Death I beg you.

So bad after begging death jyet death caught up with him, onwubiko.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Horror: Boy Slaughters Mother, 2 Sisters In Zamfara [photos] / Ghanaian Woman Sets Nigerian Husband, In-law Ablaze (pics) / Yomi Fabiyi: Baba Ijesha Never Had Sex With The Girl At Any Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.