Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

We're Not Inferior To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We're Not Inferior To God (70 Views)

My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily / We're Not "Black And White" — Everyone Is Brown / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We're Not Inferior To God by topshore(f): 11:34am On Feb 13
Scripture Text: 1 John 4:7

It'll interest you to know that the days we got born again was the same day we became like God, and not inferior to Him. At new birth, we're born of God's Word. Brother Peter knew this, so he equipped us with: "being born again, not of corruptible seeds, but of incorruptible, BY THE WORD OF GOD...(1 Pet. 1:23).

Besides Peter, Paul also caught the light of this revelation. In his words to Titus, he tells the later how he got born again, "NOT" by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy, He saved by washing, regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5).

Qualities That Show You're Not Inferior To God

Ephesians 4:1-16; Philippians 1:27 & Colossians 1:10 are the Bible passages we must read to understand what the qualities we possess to show we're like God.

First, living a life in the manner worthy of the Gospel of Christ shows that we're like God. It's a life that brings steadfastness, standing firm, unity in one spirit, working or striving in partnership with Christ. Lazy Christians have to be one of the most disappointing things to God. Following Christ takes hard work.

Second is to live a life worthy of the Lord. To live this kind of life, we need to be born again and make Jesus Christ first in our lives. It's seen in our love for others, asking the Holy Spirit for the wisdom of God and spiritual understanding. We need to choose to live according to God's Word everyday, bearing fruit in every good work (Gal 5:22), growing in the knowledge of God and being strengthened for endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks are all ways to live a life worthy of the Lord.

Lastly is to live a life worthy of calling. This life of calling is a life that daily exhibits godly characters, has moral courage and personal integrity, behaves maturely, and expresses thankfulness and gratitude to God for all He Has done- Ephesians 4:1-16.

To bear fruit in every good work, we naturally open ourselves to increasing in the knowledge of God. It's an upward spiral: the more we truly serve God, the more we increase in His Knowledge, the more we increase in the Knowledge of God, the more we know Him, and the more we be like Him.

Brethren, it's necessary to reiterate that for you to be godlike, you need to give your life to Christ. This is the best hour to surrender to Jesus to show a life that emulates God and to be like Him.

If you would like to give your life to Christ, just say this short prayer:

"Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You now, come into my life, take control of my life and change my world. I say bye bye to the devil, I enter into the Kingdom of Light. Thank You Jesus Christ for setting me free indeed from sin devil and hell, in Jesus' Mighty Name I pray, amen"
Thank You Jesus!

Congratulations!!!

God bless you.

Peace!

Ref: Dr. D.k Olukoya, Search The Scriptures Vol 2, 2024.

(1) (Reply)

How God Transformed John Newton / How To Be Close To God / Kumuyi Declares Satan's Move Can't Hinder God's Best For His People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.