Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,226 members, 7,811,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily (43190 Views)

Nigerian Lady Goes To Church With A Gun (Photos) / My Experience Inside A Beer Parlour In Lagos / Pastor Alph Lukau Resurrection Of A Dead Man: Funeral Parlour To Sue Him (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Mylordmygod1: 9:38am On Nov 14, 2021
Hello nairalanders.

I will not call the name of my church for some reasons, but my church is that type that dosn't have a parmanent pastor.

So, we always have a new pastor almost every four or five years.

Recently, a new pastor was transfered to us, this my new pastor is very good when it comes to preaching the word of God, and things that helps in the development of a church.. infact, so many good things have been going 'on' in my church since his arrival.

But the problem is that, he is that kind of pastor with swag, He goes to beer parlour to drink, he can go to gathering to play draft, (imaging the kind of people u see in a beer parlour of draft gathering), and because of this things he does, some people (expecially other churches) use it against us the members..

People we be like, una pastor wey dey drink beer.. And we don't even know how we can deffend him or ourself when we are being attacked by these people..

We are currently loosing members on a daily basis, and i'm not happy with it.

42 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Skyfornia(m): 9:41am On Nov 14, 2021
Nothing wey pesin no dey hear for this country.. grin
Wahala everywhere!

Make your G.O open beer parlour for him..it is a win win situation. People will drink and listen to word of God at the same time.

324 Likes 23 Shares

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Davash222(m): 9:41am On Nov 14, 2021
Brother Timothy advised us in the Bible to be taking small Wine cos of our stomach.

My Rev Father takes Stout during Church bazaars.

314 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by temitope27(m): 9:41am On Nov 14, 2021
U re losing members, abi u re losing money

402 Likes 22 Shares

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Bola146(f): 9:44am On Nov 14, 2021
grin grin grin grin he is preaching the word of God to people there grin grin you should pray for him. He is human, he wants to be happy cheesy cheesy or find him a job to keep him busy

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by houseontherock: 9:45am On Nov 14, 2021
Church council? Elders? Head Church? Daddy G.O? Nobody to talk to him? It is well

15 Likes

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:45am On Nov 14, 2021
Perhaps you should take the church to the beer parlour.

I know Jesus was in a beer parlour with sinners preaching the gospel to them, though not drinking beer as your pastor, so perhaps that's the area he needs to change.

But I don't anything wrong with a pastor going to the beer parlour where the sinners are, if he goes there to preach the Gospel as Jesus did.

God bless.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by kingreign(m): 9:46am On Nov 14, 2021
Wahala....
Ignore the messenger and take not of the message.
Let every man work his salvation. You're living your own life, he should live his own and you should mind your business.

25 Likes

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by insidelife22(m): 9:48am On Nov 14, 2021
there is noting wrong in a man taking one or two bottles to relax once in a while as long as he keeps it moderate.

164 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by yanabasee2: 9:49am On Nov 14, 2021
I'll prefer to be a member to a church where the pastor is a free minded person than to worship where the pastor is a pretender and a worshipper of wealth....

The touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm, sees everything good with pastors but will criticized members who struggle to feed ...

When I was struggling..... I fact lemme not say it... because the church have turned me down from assisting me and now people will come and be asking me to go to church and be putting offering to make pastors to get richer.....

122 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Tallesty1(m): 9:50am On Nov 14, 2021
Davash222:
Brother Timothy advised us in the Bible to be taking small Wine cos of our stomach.

The funny thing is that the members also drink one alcohol or the other.

But on a serious note, it is not okay for a preacher to do these things in the public. I think Paul addressed it somewhere in one of his epistles.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by emorse(m): 9:51am On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Hello nairalanders..

I will not call the name of my church for some reasons, but my church is that type that dosn't have a parmanent pastor..

Recently, a new pastor was transfered us, this my new pastor is very good when it comes to preaching the word of God, and things that helps in the development of a church.. infact, so many good things have been going 'on' in my church since his arrival..

But the problem is that, he is that kind of pastor with swag, He goes to beer parlour to drink, he can go to gathering to play draft, (imaging the kind of people u see in a beer parlour of draft gathering), and because of this things he does, some people (expecially other churches) use it against us the members..

People we be like, una pastor wey dey drink beer.. And we don't even know how we can deffend him or ourself when we are being attacked by these people..

we are currently loosing members on a daily basis, and i'm not happy with it..
Tell them to show you where the Bible condemns drinking. Simple!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Mylordmygod1: 9:57am On Nov 14, 2021
temitope27:
U re losing members, abi u re losing money
how?
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by emorse(m): 9:58am On Nov 14, 2021
Tallesty1:
The funny thing is that the members also drink one alcohol or the other.

But on a serious note, it is not okay for a preacher to do these things in the public.
Because many church goers are hypocrites.
I think Paul addressed it somewhere in one of his epistles.
Can you hep me dig it out please?

6 Likes

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by temitope27(m): 9:58am On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
how?
less offering and less tithings

7 Likes

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Mylordmygod1: 10:00am On Nov 14, 2021
houseontherock:
Church council? Elders? Head Church? Daddy G.O? Nobody to talk to him? It is well
they have talk to him, but he keep doing it.. They told him to buy and take it to his house and not sitting and drinking in the beer parlour, but he prefer to drink it in the beer palour.

5 Likes

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Radionigeria: 10:04am On Nov 14, 2021
I don't think it is ok for a pastor to go to the beer parlour to drink.. You lead by example.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Radionigeria: 10:06am On Nov 14, 2021
Abeg bible gurus in the house should help us with a bible verse to settle this case..

lalasticlala,

7 Likes

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by thorpido(m): 10:08am On Nov 14, 2021
Going to sit in beer parlors and generally hanging in joints doesn't portray him in good light.He should know better as a pastor!

The church council should do their work.

10 Likes

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Tallesty1(m): 10:08am On Nov 14, 2021
emorse:

Because many church goers are hypocrites. Can you hep me dig it out please?
That's what the whole Romans chapter 14 is about but he was more specific in verse 21.

He called on Christians to consider the weakness of others before pursuing their own enjoyment.

21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Radionigeria: 10:09am On Nov 14, 2021
Davash222:

as a pastor, there are things you shouldn't do, not because it is wrong, but because u sees urself as a different person from others.. If pastor should be going to the beer palour to drink, what do u expect from the members?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Notyourtype: 10:14am On Nov 14, 2021
Jesus turned water to wine.. So what are you saying?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Mylordmygod1: 10:20am On Nov 14, 2021
Notyourtype:
Jesus turned water to wine.. So what are you saying?
did the bible say he did it in the beer parlour? Or is wine and beer thesame thing?

6 Likes

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Mylordmygod1: 10:22am On Nov 14, 2021
temitope27:
less offering and less tithings
and who told you that your offering is what the church is after?.. The house of God is not a business place.

9 Likes

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by temitope27(m): 10:32am On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
and who told you that your offering is what the church is after?.. The house of God is not a business place.
that's what the church committee are after

7 Likes

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Mylordmygod1: 10:35am On Nov 14, 2021
temitope27:
that's what the church committee are after
you are wrong

3 Likes

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by temitope27(m): 10:35am On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
you are wrong
I am not

11 Likes

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by lomprico(m): 10:37am On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Hello nairalanders.

I will not call the name of my church for some reasons, but my church is that type that dosn't have a parmanent pastor.

Recently, a new pastor was transfered to us, this my new pastor is very good when it comes to preaching the word of God, and things that helps in the development of a church.. infact, so many good things have been going 'on' in my church since his arrival.

the man is the real deal. you and the members that see it as a problem are hypocrites.

9 Likes

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by emorse(m): 10:39am On Nov 14, 2021
Tallesty1:
That's what the whole Romans chapter 14 is about but he was more specific in verse 21.

He called on Christians to consider the weakness of others before pursuing their own enjoyment.

21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
Thanks a bunch.

4 Likes

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by ILoveDemMANNA: 4:04pm On Nov 14, 2021

So what should we do with this?
Out of all the things going on in this country,
Is this a topic to discuss on?
Abeg, make u and ur pastor getat!

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

TB Joshua Nazareth Crusade: New York Times Celebrates Prophet (Photos) / Chelsea Jersey Is A Free Ticket To Hell / Prophet Bomadi: Pray For Goodluck Jonathan, They Will Send Assassins To Kill Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.