Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,506 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (19365 Views)

Driver Fleeing From Attack On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Rams Into Truck, Dies / Car Driven By Sleeping Driver Veers Of The Road; Hits And Uproot Streetlight / Gas Tank Explodes At Okpokiri Station Owerri, Kills 5, Injures Others (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by BadNews: 6:39am On Feb 14
At least, Five Persons have died while 12 others sustained varying degrees of injuries in an accident along the Lagos-Ibadan expressway, on Tuesday.

The Accident which occurred a distance away from Foursquare along the highway involved a Mazda bus with registration number, SMK 685 YG and a truck marked, ZE 121 0G.

Spokesperson of the Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, Ogun Sector Command, Florence Okpe, confirmed the accident to journalists in Abeokuta on Tuesday.

According to Okpe, the accident was caused by the driver of the Mazda bus who lost control of the wheels while sleeping.

“A total of 18 persons, comprising 10 male adults and eight female adults were involved in the accident. Twelve people were injured and unfortunately, five persons were recorded dead from the crash.

“The suspected causes of the fatal crash were tyre burst, speed and fatigue which led to loss of control because the driver slept off on the wheels and rammed into a moving truck.

“The injured victims were taken to Victory Hospital, Ogere while corpses were deposited at FOS Morgue Ipara”, Okpe said.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/13/sleeping-driver-rams-into-truck-kills-5-injures-12-on-lagos-ibadan-expressway/

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by BadNews: 6:40am On Feb 14
Which Kind Driving Be This, Why Sleeping Na?

8 Likes

Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by immortalcrown(m): 6:40am On Feb 14
Sleeping driver? Some drivers know they are sleepy, yet they don't stop driving.

One driver did it one morning from Ajah to Epe and his vehicle was fully-loaded. Passengers were shouting and touching him to keep him awake during the journey because he had already collected their money and refused to refund the money. It was when he arrived the Epe terminal that he confessed he didn't sleep throughout the previous night. You didn't sleep and you loaded passengers to die with you.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by BadNews: 6:41am On Feb 14
immortalcrown:
Sleeping driver? Some drivers know they are sleepy, yet they don't stop driving.

One driver did it one morning from Ajah to Epe and his vehicle was fully-loaded. Passengers were shouting and touching him to keep him awake during the journey because he had already collected their money and refused to refund the money. It was when he arrived the Epe terminal that he confessed he didn't sleep throughout the previous night. You didn't sleep and you loaded passengers to die with you.

This News Shock BAD NEWS

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by immortalcrown(m): 6:44am On Feb 14
BadNews:
This News Shock BAD NEWS
How can the news ahock you when your username indicates you are passionate about finding and circulating bad news?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by BadNews: 6:45am On Feb 14
immortalcrown:
How can the news ahock you when your username indicates you are passionate about finding and circulating bad news?

Don't forget, Na Where Person Dey Work, Na Only There, Him Dey See Him Own Food Chop

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by immortalcrown(m): 6:48am On Feb 14
BadNews:
Don't forget, Na Where Person Dey Work, Na Only There, Him Dey See Him Own Food Chop
So, why will you be shocked to find what you look for? wink

4 Likes

Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by merits(m): 6:53am On Feb 14

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Praxis758: 6:53am On Feb 14
It’s a noble thing to park and take a nap when you’re sleeping on the wheel but some folks would be forming smartness while taking a deadly risk.

9 Likes

Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by tefund(m): 6:54am On Feb 14
Drivers self no want gree.Rip!
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by phemmie06(m): 6:54am On Feb 14
Not fit does not mean sickness, if you're feeling dizzy don't drive emotional issue don't drive, if you want to cross the river Jordan don't go with other's people life, kick your bucket alone without going with others

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Oromoni619: 6:55am On Feb 14
Nawa,too much hustling cause it, bcus of the hardship APC put Nigeria,no resting for common man

Chaiiiii

Wahala

brother please go and hustle tight,no better thing will come from APC, na mouth them get, nothing more, keep doing your side Hustling

My 1.4odds daily is helpful to me, you can run it as well with high stakes, 4times weekly

If you want me to help you base on say you don't have time to predict or don't know how to punt

I will help you, but you appreciate your wins, so that I partake in your wins

Chat me up
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by ppogba: 6:57am On Feb 14
The road that I passed just over thirty minutes earlier yesterday swallowed five persons.

Lord, I thank you and bless your worthy name.

May the departed find eternal rest in the Lord.
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:58am On Feb 14
BadNews:

This News Shock BAD NEWS

Na only get approval for bad news o... Who goes you? Lol

3 Likes

Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by axglide(m): 7:00am On Feb 14
RIP to the dead.
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Eneyeme6453: 7:03am On Feb 14
BadNews:
Which Kind Driving Be This, Why Sleeping Na?
He tire and want still hustle. You can’t cheat nature
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by JayPeeOham: 7:04am On Feb 14
BadNews:

You always say this...so I want to ask you..

Is BAD NEWS a name of a company?

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by stanliwise(m): 7:05am On Feb 14
greed at its best
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by success1smyn(m): 7:10am On Feb 14
I was at the scene yesterday, it was terrible.

Aside the adults in the bus, there were 2 children (siblings) that their mum and the younger one died remaining the elder one of about 6 or 7 yrs.

4 Likes

Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by autodoctor: 7:17am On Feb 14
Nigeria highways have always been rivers of blood. I think I've seen enough and heard enough too. May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by AntiChristian: 7:21am On Feb 14
It's just their time to die!
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by BitterTruth01: 7:22am On Feb 14
Why I support the move by NAFDAC to ban satchel alcohol
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by NaijaCover(m): 7:22am On Feb 14
JayPeeOham:

You always say this...so I want to ask you..

A BAD NEWS a name of a company?

Inukwa ooooo
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by SKYHIGHfx: 7:22am On Feb 14
Expect more of this to happen as people will be pressured to work more in other to beat the rising cost of commodities
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by AskNgige2: 7:23am On Feb 14
immortalcrown:

LMAO 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by NaijaCover(m): 7:23am On Feb 14
Yampotatocarrot:

Na only Naija-Cover get approval for bad news o... Who goes you? Lol

Lol
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by SKYHIGHfx: 7:24am On Feb 14
AntiChristian:
It's just their time to die!

The mindset of every Muslim, anything that happens is the will of Allah, it is a wrong mindset

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians In Diaspora Should Learn Good Behavior. / Explosion Of Gas Truck In Ogun State Yesterday (Photos) / Tanker Accident Causes Petrol Spill On Ikorodu Road.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.