Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (19369 Views)

Driver Fleeing From Attack On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Rams Into Truck, Dies / Car Driven By Sleeping Driver Veers Of The Road; Hits And Uproot Streetlight / Gas Tank Explodes At Okpokiri Station Owerri, Kills 5, Injures Others (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by money121(m): 7:25am On Feb 14
Ok
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by drimzsmoke(m): 7:29am On Feb 14
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Rilwayne001: 7:31am On Feb 14
Once entered a bus like this. The driver was sleepy I was the only one who noticed. I immediately called the attention of other passengers, and we all shouted on the driver till the vision stayed focused on what he's driving.

Most of these Lagos Ibadan drivers are shekpe drinkers. Dem go don drink shekpe before dem start dey drive. Lol

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Inspirer1: 7:52am On Feb 14
BadNews:
Which Kind Driving Be This, Why Sleeping Na?
He can't deliberately sleep off while driving, probably caused by fatigue as stated in the write up.
May God Almighty protect us always.
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Newyorkitis(m): 7:58am On Feb 14
Such a sad loss. May their souls R.I.P and quick recovery to the hospitalized.

Some years ago I was sitting in the front of a bus traveling and I noticed the driver leaning very low towards the steering. I didn't want to raise a false alarm so I observed him like 3 times or so, after I confirmed it, I told those around me quietly and an alarm was raised.
Driver said he was looking at the side mirror when in reality he was fighting a serious sleep.
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Charly68: 8:12am On Feb 14
Some are drunk before they start driving on highway...so why won't they sleep off on the wheel .. ?
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:13am On Feb 14
BadNews:

Don't forget, Na Where Person Dey Work, Na Only There, Him Dey See Him Own Food Chop
are you MAD?
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by sunsweet33: 8:19am On Feb 14
During the fuel scarcity a few years ago, all the drivers were wide awake but in an extremely foul mood. All them were just driving nonsense in a crude attempt to recoup their losses.

We were just begging them to take it easy before they plunge all of us to our deaths

So sad. rip to them
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by AntiChristian: 8:25am On Feb 14
SKYHIGHfx:

The mindset of every Muslim, anything that happens is the will of Allah, it is a wrong mindset

Of course it is the correct mindset! grin

One can work hardest and strive harder but that may not necessarily translate to wealth like Dangote!
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by fredrickmyers(m): 8:30am On Feb 14
Stress na serious issue...wahala and survivor for this country no go make u if get 8hrs sleep or 1hr nap
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Kingzjayzee: 8:58am On Feb 14
Out of 18 persons, 12 were injured while 5 were confirmed dead! Abeg no vex o, the one person wey remain nko? Did he/she disappear??
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by legba1(m): 9:09am On Feb 14
I drove past the scene yesterday. It was too bloody and gory. Yesterday alone, i counted 4 accidents, this particular one and that of ogere involving a bmw x5 and aboki okada rider are the most terrifying.
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Itulah(m): 9:53am On Feb 14
triple996:
fatigue

Peter obi the traveller grin

Does this comment even make any sense to you?
Be sincere.

NB: Feel free to throw insult if so desire.
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by EmekaA125(m): 10:13am On Feb 14
success1smyn:
I was at the scene yesterday, it was terrible.

Aside the adults in the bus, there were 2 children (siblings) that their mum and the younger one died remaining the elder one of about 6 or 7 yrs.

So sad.
How would their family bear these loss. So painful embarassed embarassed
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by chatinent: 10:33am On Feb 14
immortalcrown:
Sleeping driver? Some drivers know they are sleepy, yet they don't stop driving.

One driver did it one morning from Ajah to Epe and his vehicle was fully-loaded. Passengers were shouting and touching him to keep him awake during the journey because he had already collected their money and refused to refund the money. It was when he arrived the Epe terminal that he confessed he didn't sleep throughout the previous night. You didn't sleep and you loaded passengers to die with you.

He refused to refund and you guys were petting him not to sleep?

I for ransack him mouth with punch. I don't tolerate nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by tallfish145(m): 11:22am On Feb 14
SKYHIGHfx:

The mindset of every Muslim, anything that happens is the will of Allah, it is a wrong mindset
so what is the right mindset or you mean its the will of satan?
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by tallfish145(m): 11:24am On Feb 14
Kingzjayzee:
Out of 18 persons, 12 were injured while 5 were confirmed dead! Abeg no vex o, the one person wey remain nko? Did he/she disappear??
are you on nairaland with a calculator?
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Sctests: 11:49am On Feb 14
The sleeping should be captured and killed for killing and endangering people's lives with his greed.

You know you are sleepy, throughout the night, you were on top of ashawo, instead of taking a nap, you decided you must carry passengers and kill them with your greed. If the driver does not die in that accident, he must be killed too, so he can sleep permanently together with those he has killed.

Nonsense!
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Sctests: 11:54am On Feb 14
chatinent:

He refused to refund and you guys were petting him not to sleep?

I for ransack him mouth with punch. I don't tolerate nonsense

4 years ago, while en route to the East from Lagos. One God is Good driver was sleeping before we got to Ore, we told him to park, the guy dey form adamant, boys rushed the guy immediately. He entered the back seat by force and slept while one of the passenger drove till we reached. Other drivers laughed at the idiot when we got to Ore.

He later took the wheels again after Ore, but we told the passenger in the front seat to watch him closely every second for any sign of sleep. The guy was wide awake and was dancing to Bongo music till we got to Onitsha.
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by success1smyn(m): 11:55am On Feb 14
EmekaA125:

So sad.
How would their family bear these loss. So painful embarassed embarassed

So so painful, people were crying at the scene yesterday.
The driver slept off and hit the slowly moving truck from the back. It took time before the bus could even be separated from the truck.
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by success1smyn(m): 11:58am On Feb 14
Sctests:
The sleeping should be captured and killed for killing and endangering people's lives with his greed.

You know you are sleepy, throughout the night, you were on top of ashawo, instead of taking a nap, you decided you must carry passengers and kill them with your greed. If the driver does not die in that accident, he must be killed too, so he can sleep permanently together with those he has killed.

Nonsense!

You mean the sleeping driver?
Alfa Jona o n bere irungbon - if you know the meaning

The driver was totally crushed.
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by babajero(m): 12:19pm On Feb 14
immortalcrown:
Sleeping driver? Some drivers know they are sleepy, yet they don't stop driving.

One driver did it one morning from Ajah to Epe and his vehicle was fully-loaded. Passengers were shouting and touching him to keep him awake during the journey because he had already collected their money and refused to refund the money. It was when he arrived the Epe terminal that he confessed he didn't sleep throughout the previous night. You didn't sleep and you loaded passengers to die with you.
The sleep may be hard drugs induced, I don't trust all these Mazda drivers,
and another note is the passengers, once they enter vehicle all of them will just fall asleep none of them will even be awake to checkmate the driver, there putting their life in the hands of an addict.
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by AncientAlien(m): 12:21pm On Feb 14
Praxis758:
It’s a noble thing to park and take a nap when you’re sleeping on the wheel but some folks would be forming smartness while taking a deadly risk.
Our road are deadly to park the n the middle of bushes. Finding private public places like filling station could have averted a situation like this.
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by chatinent: 1:07pm On Feb 14
Sctests:

4 years ago, while en route to the East from Lagos. One God is Good driver was sleeping before we got to Ore, we told him to park, the guy dey form adamant, boys rushed the guy immediately. He entered the back seat by force and slept while one of the passenger drove till we reached. Other drivers laughed at the idiot when we got to Ore.

He later took the wheels again after Ore, but we told the passenger in the front seat to watch him closely every second for any sign of sleep. The guy was wide awake and was dancing to Bongo music till we got to Onitsha.

I love this. I'll never be nice when a driver tries to kill me.

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by stephanie94l: 1:47pm On Feb 14
The road that I passed just over thirty minutes earlier yesterday swallowed five persons.Lord, I thank you and bless your worthy name. May the departed find eternal rest in the Lord.The road that I passed just over thirty minutes earlier yesterday swallowed five persons.Lord, I thank you and bless your worthy name. May the departed find eternal rest in the Lord....
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by m948: 4:06pm On Feb 14
Subscribe to watch

https://www.youtube.com/@content-academy?sub_confirmation=1
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by truthhurts2: 5:01am On Feb 15
Praxis758:
It’s a noble thing to park and take a nap when you’re sleeping on the wheel but some folks would be forming smartness while taking a deadly risk.
Can you allow a commercial bus driver to park along the way to take a nap when you're time conscious of where you are going? If you can, how many passengers can allow such?
The best thing is to come down from such bus or the driver NOT taking the wheel at all.
Re: Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Kingzjayzee: 1:55pm On Feb 15
tallfish145:
are you on nairaland with a calculator?
grin grin cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Russia A Good Place To Live? / Explosion Of Gas Truck In Ogun State Yesterday (Photos) / Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.