Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,587 members, 7,823,550 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Almost 2 Billion People Watched AFCON 2023 - BBC News - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Almost 2 Billion People Watched AFCON 2023 - BBC News (16924 Views)

Nigeria Vs Sao Tomé And Príncipe: AFCON 2023 Qualifier (10- 0) On 13th June 2021 / Ahmed Musa Signs For Karamgumruk SK, To Earn N1.2 Billion Yearly (Pics) / 4.7 Billion People Watched Euro 2020, With Over 300m Watching The Final (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almost 2 Billion People Watched AFCON 2023 - BBC News by godwon01(m): 4:50pm On Feb 14
AFCON is not a push over competition in world soccer. This year AFCON attracted big audience because of arrays of African stars involved. A lot of foreign clubs used it to monitor the performances of their players and probably to monitor a potential players to their clubs.

1 Like

Re: Almost 2 Billion People Watched AFCON 2023 - BBC News by femi4: 5:30pm On Feb 14
Mindlog:

No motivational speaker can get them to achieve it!
So how did burkinafaso achieved it
Re: Almost 2 Billion People Watched AFCON 2023 - BBC News by Mindlog: 5:51pm On Feb 14
femi4:
So how did burkinafaso achieved it

Check out the realities of Sudan and South Sudan, then compare them to Burkina Faso!
Re: Almost 2 Billion People Watched AFCON 2023 - BBC News by Gboyeee: 7:27pm On Feb 14
datola:

Wow. Africa na your mate!

Very boring final.

Thanks to the Yeye coach with the 5-2-3 formation
Re: Almost 2 Billion People Watched AFCON 2023 - BBC News by truthhurtsnaira: 8:13pm On Feb 14
GreatAchiever1:
I'm sure na because Nigerians increase the hype of the tournaments due to our unnecessary bantering of other opposing countries on social media; thereby increasing the views of the tournament. No use Nigerians and social media play.

GBAM… Arrogance Nation for no reason oooh
Re: Almost 2 Billion People Watched AFCON 2023 - BBC News by Penisman: 10:00pm On Feb 14
Mindlog:

Even at that, some of the 50 countries can't host...Sudan, Eritrea, Libya, South Sudan, CAR, Somalia, Chad etc.

Sudan and Somalia will rather host AFGUN. Those mofos deals more on guns.
Re: Almost 2 Billion People Watched AFCON 2023 - BBC News by Kushites: 10:16pm On Feb 14
Inayachem:
Nigeria is hosting the 2029 edition

ARE YOU SERIOUS?
Re: Almost 2 Billion People Watched AFCON 2023 - BBC News by Kushites: 10:17pm On Feb 14
truthhurtsnaira:

GBAM… Arrogance Nation for no reason oooh

SHUT UP. Animal.

Inferiority complex afflicted fool.
Re: Almost 2 Billion People Watched AFCON 2023 - BBC News by planetx: 10:20pm On Feb 14
If you watch the highlights from Beingsports on YouTube, based on the comments from all over the world. The 2 billion viewership is feasible.
Re: Almost 2 Billion People Watched AFCON 2023 - BBC News by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:40pm On Feb 14
How do you know that?
Re: Almost 2 Billion People Watched AFCON 2023 - BBC News by Rajosh(m): 12:46am On Feb 15
udomonday:
Nigeria can only bring down the quality of the tournament if caf makes the mistake of giving it to Nigeria, the country is just backwards in every sphere.
I think we've been given the right to co-host alongside Benin republic 2029 edition.
Next year Morocco
2027 (I can't remember but it'll be two countries)
2029 ( Nigeria/Benin)
Re: Almost 2 Billion People Watched AFCON 2023 - BBC News by lovediehatelive(m): 11:20pm On Feb 17
blowjohn:

If ur discerning enough u wud have sensed some form of spiritual battle that night.

More that met the eye.

Those who know, know

After our victory against south Africa, I saw a video, just like comedy where one man stood before his TV before the match with anointing oil in his hand.

As they were showing the super Eagles singing national anthem one-by-one, he would annoint each one of the player on the forehead right on the screen.

I just laughed it off, because his main focus was osimhen, who he anointed twice, if not more.

Now, during the final with ivory cost, they didn't show our players completely when singing national anthem.

It was kind of weird. This is finals, why didn't they show all the players completely, but showed that of the ivorians?

I can't really tell that it had something to do with the loss.

Maybe their juju man cautioned them against it. Maybe the cameraman was instructed not to do so.

Things do happen, especially in the middle of the night.

They might have paid hugh money to get any spiritual jobs done against the super eagles in that stadium right from the day they qualified for the final.

Spiritual stuffs do happen, I can't believe that our boys that played well especially defensively would play so lukewarmly in the final that's most important.

Things dey happen!!!

1 Like

Re: Almost 2 Billion People Watched AFCON 2023 - BBC News by blowjohn(m): 3:13am On Feb 18
lovediehatelive:

After our victory against south Africa, I saw a video, just like comedy where one man stood before his TV before the match with anointing oil in his hand.

As they were showing the super Eagles singing national anthem one-by-one, he would annoint each one of the player on the forehead right on the screen.

I just laughed it off, because his main focus was osimhen, who he anointed twice, if not more.

Now, during the final with ivory cost, they didn't show our players completely when singing national anthem.

It was kind of weird. This is finals, why didn't they show all the players completely, but showed that of the ivorians?

I can't really tell that it had something to do with the loss.

Maybe their juju man cautioned them against it. Maybe the cameraman was instructed not to do so.

Things do happen, especially in the middle of the night.

They might have paid hugh money to get any spiritual jobs done against the super eagles in that stadium right from the day they qualified for the final.

Spiritual stuffs do happen, I can't believe that our boys that played well especially defensively would play so lukewarmly in the final that's most important.

Things dey happen!!!

Abi. In fact did u see the video of a popular African MOG who said he was approached by one of the countries in the family to change the outcome? With 1 million dollars o!

It's on YouTube. He was offered the money hours to the match.
And he said if the money wud favor his church, he'll do it.

Now me I no dey put my mind on such things but even our pastors avoided the match like plague.
Re: Almost 2 Billion People Watched AFCON 2023 - BBC News by udomonday: 6:07am On Feb 18
Rajosh:

I think we've been given the right to co-host alongside Benin republic 2029 edition.
Next year Morocco
2027 (I can't remember but it'll be two countries)
2029 ( Nigeria/Benin)
co host or no cohost the truth is that the standard in Nigeria is so low compared to other African countries.
Re: Almost 2 Billion People Watched AFCON 2023 - BBC News by lovediehatelive(m): 8:29pm On Feb 18
blowjohn:

Abi. In fact did u see the video of a popular African MOG who said he was approached by one of the countries in the family to change the outcome? With 1 million dollars o!

It's on YouTube. He was offered the money hours to the match.
And he said if the money wud favor his church, he'll do it.

Now me I no dey put my mind on such things but even our pastors avoided the match like plague.

I'll check that video.

The thing is, most of these things take effect several days before the event.

It would take a very huge amount of spirituality for an event to be influenced just an hour before it happens.

That's why when people see visions or dreams, they pray fervently ahead for the outcome to be altered.

These spiritual stuffs are strong sha

1 Like

Re: Almost 2 Billion People Watched AFCON 2023 - BBC News by blowjohn(m): 6:26am On Feb 19
lovediehatelive:

I'll check that video.

The thing is, most of these things take effect several days before the event.

It would take a very huge amount of spirituality for an event to be influenced just an hour before it happens.

That's why when people see visions or dreams, they pray fervently ahead for the outcome to be altered.

These spiritual stuffs are strong sha

Yeah

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Always Nice To Get On The Scoresheet’- Moses Reacts After Helping Spartak Draw / Enyimba Stoned During Training In Tunisia (CAF Champions League) / Lagos State Honours Asisat Oshoala At 140th Anniversary Town Hall Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.