Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu (13188 Views)

Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year / Behold Longest Flyover In West Africa To Be Commissioned By President Buhari / Schools To Be Commissioned By Dino Melaye Burnt In Kogi. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 5:34pm On Feb 14
marvellous2222:
Tinubu only face Lagos and abandoned other states

This is a Lagos state project. Federal government has its hands filled with Nigeria railways, and Abuja light rail.

Your states don't have the kind of money Lagos has access to to do similar.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by ValarDoharis: 5:34pm On Feb 14
Niger Delta Oil money
OnknownSoldier:

Illiterate!

Is the project a Federal Government Project? You better go and hold your governor accountable.

What state are you from?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by NextUK: 5:36pm On Feb 14
Our Igbo friend will claim Tinubu did not build Lagos this is after his protege Babatude Fashola that initiated this rail project specifically stated that Bola Ahmed Tinubu handed his Lagos blueprint to him and also created the AlphaBeta that generate the necessary fund to build n sustain the project.

Today our Igbo friends claim Peter Obi legacy is making Anambra student come top in WAEC but can not tell us how, did he read for them, train the teachers beta or provided their teachers beta welfare ? They can answer all this because till this 2024 right from under Peter Obi teacher do not earn the old minimum wage talk more of the new minimum wage.

Today oil producing state earning 13% derivative can not even embark on project such as this. The Nigeria government itself can not dare embark on an Electronic rail project like Lagos state. Yet some hate filled Yoruba from my tribe will join in insulting Tinubu as criminal but ask them if their father was in Tinubu's position will Lagos have this rail now.

Imagine if an Igbo man was the one who own Alpha Beta generating all that wealth, do you know the hype Igbo will give to it ? We just heard how Emefiele was round tripping billions of dollars among his Igbo tribesmen to extent they are able to buy banks with cash. Did you hear any Igbo make noise or call anyone criminal ?!

Yorubas the wise n foolish ones among us if we de cry we suppose to de see at the same time. Make una put on your thinking cap. As Tinubu be criminal reach with this pocket of achievement here n there if he was Igbo before man m God our Igbo brothers will be claiming is too big to be Nigeria president that he should be honoured with The World President even when there is no such office.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by Haaland21: 5:37pm On Feb 14
SpatialKing:
Hunger in the land

When would commission a lower dollar rate?

Tell your Governor to do that.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by Jeans601: 5:37pm On Feb 14
nairalanda1:
Before anyone comes here and starts abusing SOuth Eastern states, or any other state, consider that Lagos is the economic capital...and as such has the tax revenue to pay for projects like this.

Other states cannot command the revenue Lagos commands...even places like Kano.

A light rail costs a lot of money. A lot. Most states cannot build one...which is why only Lagos (and the FCT ) have working light rail projects.

Awka ibom,delta ,rivers and ogun state have collected enough allocation and Igr to be able do projects like this.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by aieromon(m): 5:40pm On Feb 14
Bar1941:

BTW, Asiwaju BAT should include intensive Agricultural production in his agenda.

This is actually under the purview of the state government since they own the "lands" based on the outdated Land Use Act of 1978. If they don't share the same vision with the centre, nothing will work e.g National Livestock Transformation Plan.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by deji17: 5:40pm On Feb 14
Bitter Obi and his headless mob left the group chat.. grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by Jogs1900: 5:40pm On Feb 14
nairalanda1:
Before anyone comes here and starts abusing South Eastern states, or any other state, consider that Lagos is the economic capital...and as such has the tax revenue to pay for projects like this.

A light rail costs a lot of money. A lot. Most states cannot build one...which is why only Lagos (and the FCT ) have working light rail projects.
You started by bringing southeast here. Is that the reason the MOU signed for construction of rail system in Anambra state failed?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 5:42pm On Feb 14
Jeans601:

Awka ibom,delta ,rivers and ogun state have collected enough allocation and Igr to be able do projects like this.

No, I doubt....and anyway, Akwa Ibom has a airline that works well, but prolly eats money.

But looking at it another way...is Asaba, Port Harcourt, Abeokuta and Uyo...are they as big as Lagos? Even if they all get light rail, they won't make enough profit to pay for the thing to run well. Lagos can afford that, because it is a very big city..bigger than all those cities. A governor may not want to waste money on light rail, when he could rebuild and renovate roads.

And even Lagos is struggling to build the light rail system...plus it is not complete...there are five more lines to go.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 5:45pm On Feb 14
Jogs1900:

You started by bringing southeast here. Is that the reason the MOU signed for construction of rail system in Anambra state failed?

Simple, most states don't have the money for such projects. It is one thing to sign MOU, it is another thing to get the money.

I used SE because a lot of tinubuites come here and use the rail in Lagos as a stick to beat Obidients with. When the truth is, most states don't even have the cash to pay for such things.

Maybe if states become more reliant on tax and less reliant on oil money....maybe...
Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by jieta: 5:46pm On Feb 14
nairalanda1:
Before anyone comes here and starts abusing SOuth Eastern states, or any other state, consider that Lagos is the economic capital...and as such has the tax revenue to pay for projects like this.

We learn everyday, between light rail and airplane which is easy to maintain.

Akwa ibom has set the standard for others to follow.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by yommen: 5:46pm On Feb 14
marvellous2222:
Tinubu only face Lagos and abandoned other states

Did this project only start when Tinubu became president?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by commoditiesnig: 5:47pm On Feb 14
Nice job Gov. Sanwo Olu

1 Like

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 5:48pm On Feb 14
jieta:
We learn everyday, between light rail and airplane which is easy to maintain.

Akwa ibom has set the standard for others to follow.

Even if Akwa Ibom built light rail for Uyo...it won't do much. Uyo is not that big for a light rail.

Lagos is getting a light rail because its road system is being overloaded by its growing population. And they are even struggling to finish the project.

(Ibom air is very good though...plus air travel is getting too popular).
Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by Winning123: 5:48pm On Feb 14
nairalanda1:

They can do it. Its lot cheaper than road in the long run.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 5:50pm On Feb 14
Winning123:

They can do it. Its lot cheaper than road in the long run.

No, you need large number of passengers to pay the costs. Most state capitals (except probably Kano) are not as large as Lagos.

Note that I love the idea of light rails. But if I was a governor, I won't be building light rails yet....unless my state capital was as large as Lagos, and I could raise the income from passengers to pay for all or a large proportion of costs.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by Jeans601: 5:52pm On Feb 14
nairalanda1:

No, I doubt....and anyway, Akwa Ibom has a airline that works well, but prolly eats money.

But looking at it another way...is Asaba, Port Harcourt, Abeokuta and Uyo...are they as big as Lagos? Even if they all get light rail, they won't make enough profit to pay for the thing to run well. Lagos can afford that, because it is a very big city..bigger than all those cities. A governor may not want to waste money on light rail, when he could rebuild and renovate roads.

And even Lagos is struggling to build the light rail system...plus it is not complete...there are five more lines to go.

Seems you have been to ogun state before.

ota,sango to abeokuta....... ogun state will make tremendous money if there a light rail running that route.

I don't know about asaba and port Harcourt.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by Holymann(m): 5:58pm On Feb 14
Sorry for the misleading headline, it's just that I've been struggling to get answers to this question

Would I be getting a good deal if I swap my new Infinix Smart 8 for and Itel s23+ 10k cash??
Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by ceejay80s(m): 6:00pm On Feb 14
kennyz247:
Hungry everywhere in the country,na red line Dem dey commission
No mind the bafoons
Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by obyno82: 6:02pm On Feb 14
post=128456448:
Very Good Development.

A better Nigeria all around is all we want.
Nigeria will be great in our lifetime whether the evil ones like it or not.

Where are the haters ?!
They will soon come here to cry and wail.
Never do wells in life.
No good news make them happy.
Never!

They will soon be here, whinning like swines,
Rubbishing any good news around the nation.
What manner of fowls.

(If this gets to you, quote this post now,
Let Nairalanders know you today today tongue)

Enemies of progress dem....

what do you define as progress? where majority of the citizenry is thrown into poverty everyday due to miscalculated government policies? Bros i think it is high time you exhibit some maturity and stop this display of foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by obyno82: 6:03pm On Feb 14
AareGaa:

How many people still live in the East that will use rail?
They have all abandoned their land due to insecurity and hunger.

and there is no insecurity in SW? you just sit in your stilted one room at Makoko slum and type senseless comments.
Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by naptu2: 6:04pm On Feb 14
Yaba overpass.

The government does not want any conflict/accidents between cars/people and trains, therefore the Lagos State Government has built 4 flyovers (Ikeja, Yaba, Oyingbo and Mushin), while the Federal Government will build 4 flyovers along the route of the Red Line.

The white roof structure in the first picture is the Yaba BRT terminal. It will be connected to the Yaba Train Station.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by obyno82: 6:04pm On Feb 14
Jogs1900:

can you just shut up and stop saying things you don't know.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by naptu2: 6:07pm On Feb 14
More Yaba flyover.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by Jogs1900: 6:15pm On Feb 14
obyno82:

can you just shut up and stop saying things you don't know.
I won't insult you obyno but next time learn to speak intelligently and bring out facts to proof me wrong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by deji17: 6:18pm On Feb 14
Jogs1900:

Those guys are just shameless!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by Menclothing: 6:18pm On Feb 14
Lagos gov a very good one
I enjoy all my trip by train 🚊 fully air conditioned

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by Max24: 6:19pm On Feb 14
Obis supporters should be ashamed of themselves. Thought they were saying Tinubu's ideas are audio ideas. Today all Tinubu's ideas are becoming his legacies in Lagos while Obi has nothing to deliver as legacy project in Anambra. First blue rail then Lekki Seaport, then Dangote refinery and now red line rail. Please in all of these what has Obi harvested in Anambra as his legacy project? Oh sorry, Hero beer. That Soludo said is next to nothing as investment. Indeed Obis supporters are only deluded by tribal considerations.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by obyno82: 6:21pm On Feb 14
deji17:
Bitter Obi and his headless mob left the group chat.. grin grin

Don't you think you should be doing your school homework rather than taking the phone to browse on the internet and comment on elder's topics? Go and play and stop saying rubbish.
Re: Lagos Red Line Rail To Be Commissioned On February 29th By President Tinubu by obyno82: 6:22pm On Feb 14
Jogs1900:

I won't insult you obyno but next time learn to speak intelligently and bring out facts to proof me wrong.

Oga i am only saying this try and stop all this banters. These politicians don't give a hoot about you, so please be intelligent for once and stop encouraging hatred.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

British Arms Dealer Arrested For Selling Thousands Of Ak47s To Nigeria / Gov Ugwanyi Did Not Throw Birthday Party Amidst COVID-19 Scare - Fact Check / Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.