Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 (18826 Views)

Onyi Echegini Wins Award For The Best Player In US Women's University Football / Onyi Echegini Moves To Juventus. / How Ronaldo Helped Juventus Beat Barca & PSG To Wonderkid De Ligt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by naptu2: 3:08am On Feb 15
Highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez625ouii6Y

PERFECT START SEES BIANCONERE DOWN INTER IN DERBY D'ITALIA

14 FEBRUARY 2024

Matchday 17 of this Serie A season couldn’t have gone much better for Juventus Women, with the Bianconere making it two from two in Derby d’Italia games against Inter this term with a 2-0 win in Milan.

The game was decided early on by an unplayable duo of Maelle Garbino (with two assists) and Joe Echegini (with two goals).

The match

Just seven minutes were enough for Juventus Women to open the scoring away at Inter, with Echegini again proving to be a threat and continuing her fine start to life in Italian football.

But the move in its entirety was special. Echegini was heavily involved in winning the ball back, and then an exchange of passes between the Nigerian, Cristiana Girelli and Maelle Garbino ended with the latter crossing for the January signing to head home.

Just seven more minutes later and the lead was doubled, and through a familiar source. Once again Garbino found space on the left after Girelli’s participation and she put another perfect ball into Echegini’s path, who made no mistake in finishing past Sara Cetinja.

Inter looked to respond and Annamaria Serturini did have a big chance fall her way, but Pauline Peyraud-Magnin had a relatively comfortable night’s work.

Juventus were firmly in control from early on, and coach Joe Montemurro made a number of changes in the second half with the Bianconere on course for another win over Inter.

Joe Montemurro’s comments

“It was the kind of game that I expected from the girls, despite the difficult pitch that made it hard to play as we would have liked to play. It wasn’t easy to get the ball rolling in midfield, but we were able to reorganise ourselves from the start and we were able to take all three points.

“We were very solid defensively and I can only congratulate the girls for that.

“[Joe] Echegini’s impact has been very good, and it’s showing on the pitch. She’s the king of player I like, she doesn’t speak too much but she shows what she’s worth in games. She’s always paying attention throughout the week to what we want to do, and then she’s able to give everything for 90 minutes. What she’s doing on the pitch speaks for itself and she’s scoring goals and playing well.”

Joe Echegini’s post-match words

“It feels amazing [to score my first brace for Juventus], the team played amazing. I’m really excited for the next game. To come over to a good side and win the derby is amazing, I’m just really excited for the next games now.”

"I didn’t actually know it was four goals [in five games], I haven’t been keeping count. But I think one of the better aspects of my game is the ability to score so I always have confidence in front of goal and try to find myself in front of goal. Sometimes you have to just have to just go for it and see what happens, and be more eager to go and get the ball.”

https://www.juventus.com/en/news/articles/amp/perfect-start-sees-bianconere-down-inter-in-derby-d-italia

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by naptu2: 3:08am On Feb 15
Video of Jennifer Onyi Echegini (JOE)'s message after the match.

https://twitter.com/JuventusFCWomen/status/1757865426615148756?t=I70zY1Wp4oyK59UY6q6Lvg&s=19

1 Like

Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by MVLOX(m): 5:19am On Feb 15
Female football..... I been wan wonder ooo

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by kossyablaze(m): 5:22am On Feb 15
Beautiful lady

7 Likes

Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by anonymuz(m): 5:28am On Feb 15
See our women as dem dey play, not all these super eag,...

1 Like

Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by Hillarie(m): 5:31am On Feb 15
I don't know, but I just love women in football.

2 Likes

Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by humberjade: 5:34am On Feb 15
I have been following her progress since she joined The Old Ladies, she has shown she isn't there to warm the bench, either scoring or assisting. She's good and sure going places.

4 Likes

Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by seanery: 5:37am On Feb 15
Sigh
Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by EverythingPhone(m): 5:37am On Feb 15
I love female football!

Meanwhile I track lost or stolen phones or devices at an affordable fee
A trial will definitely convince you
Contact me via siggy below
Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by Houseofglam7(f): 5:43am On Feb 15
😎
Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by Prigidypogodo(f): 5:57am On Feb 15
❤️❤️❤️
Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by OgwuEgo: 6:00am On Feb 15
She's a very beautiful lady, I love her.

2 Likes

Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by Nahunger(m): 6:04am On Feb 15
cheesy
Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by Seagodess(f): 6:06am On Feb 15
anonymuz:
See our women as dem dey play, not all these super eag,...
wetin dey worry some of Una head? Are you guys insane or what.. are you talking about the same eagles that got to finals of afcon? Can you play football? Ungrateful souls

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by Forest122: 6:09am On Feb 15
Good
Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by HopeAlive14(m): 6:10am On Feb 15
What Juventus men could not do, their women did, even better wink

1 Like

Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by Sucre6: 6:11am On Feb 15
Fine girl, 9ja to the world 😊
Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by Sucre6: 6:13am On Feb 15
Seagodess:
wetin dey worry some of Una head? Are you guys insane or what.. are you talking about the same eagles that got to finals of afcon? Can you play football? Ungrateful souls

Don't mind the guy, some people haven't played ball before and don't even understand how it works, some can't even run up to 5 minutes straight without breaking down and passing out, our boys snoozed if not, they were the best team in this Afcon and they did fantastically well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by Akfrenzy(m): 6:13am On Feb 15
Seagodess:

Dem think football easy 😆😆😆 ordinary Street football now he'll give excuses like pregnant woman

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by pikechukwu6(m): 6:14am On Feb 15
I will watch female football only when they start wearing skirt only cool cool
Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by Adakintroy: 6:34am On Feb 15
Comot this misleading thing.

Juventus beat inter..me self de think say na better Juventus and better inter.

1 Like

Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by ideatoprince18(m): 6:35am On Feb 15
Bbb
Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by Lannyjoe4u: 6:57am On Feb 15
Nice 1.
But the placement of the camera is not good enough.
Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by iamtardey: 6:59am On Feb 15
cheesy For a sec I 💭
Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by FreestufNGG: 7:00am On Feb 15
I’ve one
Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by iamtardey: 7:01am On Feb 15
MVLOX:
Female football..... I been wan wonder ooo
I almost thought grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by Inspirer1: 7:14am On Feb 15
Good one girl!!
More grace to you 💪.

I want a competitor for Oshoala or even a better player.

Competition makes some players to sit up, not a situation where a player feels without him or her the country cannot have a team.

Some of our players give their all to ensure their club makes success but behave like 'Oga' when they play for our national team which we don't normally see with other country players who when selected in their national team gives as much zeal as they do for their clibs

2 Likes

Re: Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 by AbuTwins: 7:16am On Feb 15
Hmmm!

(1) (2) (Reply)

NFF, Friends Deserted Me During My FIFA Ban - Siasia Narrates Ordeal / #OleOutNow Trending After Manchester Utd Performance Against Liverpool / Pictures From The 2017 Ibadan City Marathon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.