Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa (10712 Views)

Hardship: Tinubu Adopted Solutions Promised By Peter Obi & Atiku — Shettima / President Buhari And CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele Arrives Addis Ababa / Buhari Leaves For Addis Ababa For AU Meeting (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by ADSP116(m): 9:50am On Feb 15
Like you are the only one telling us the plain truth,let me use Benin republic as a case study,this is a country that is well known for exports.I can not boldly tell of any commodity that the little country with no tangible natural resources have to export which earns them dollars in other to maintain the CFA status quo, still, for many years CFA always stand it's ground against the green backs.But Nigeria with humongous dollars we earn through petrol and other commodities we export abroad our currency has been nosediving at a level we have never experienced before...l think at this level our politicians need not to be economic with the reality.
malali:
There is more to this naira devaluation than meets the Eye.

Why do i feel some people are counterfeiting the naira.

Because no one can really explain why there is an infinite amount of Naira in circulation. Even if the naira was free floating by now it should have reached an equilibrium. It should have pegged itself.

The only reason why the naira can be dropping till infinity is if the production is unlimited, because salary has not even been increased yet. Only thing that could account for daily devaluation is if someone other than the CBN is printing naira. Counterfeiters ?

To be realistic, no amount of salary increments can resolve this.

This is very serious, the government has to act now........There are so many African countries, who do not even produce crude oil or subsidize forex but their local currency is stable.

The government should declare a state of emergency right away, this currency devaluation is getting out of control.

Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by malali: 9:52am On Feb 15
ADSP116:
Like you are the only one telling us the plain truth,let me use Benin republic as a case study,this is a country that is well known for exports.I can not boldly tell of any commodity that the little country with no tangible natural resources have to export which earns them dollars in other to maintain the CFA status quo, still, for many years CFA always stand it's ground against the green backs.But Nigeria with humongous dollars we earn through petrol and other commodities we export abroad our currency has been nosediving at a level we have never experienced before...l think at this level our politicians need not to be economic with the reality.

God Bless you my brother, I know we cannot all be foolish.
The government thinks they can deceive 300 million Nigerians.

Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by pasol4real(m): 9:57am On Feb 15
femisplash:
Removal of subsidy, floating of the naira, removal of FX arbitrage, investigation into CBN finances, stopping NNPCL from receipts of oil revenues, restructuring NNPCL, gas revolution and expansion, rehabiliation of refineries, decentralisation of electricity, rehabilitation of Ajaokuta steel, increased states's FAAC allocations, constitutional review, etc. The President is systematically retooling and refixing the structure from its core. For far too long we have lived a fake lifestyle and false economic realities, an import-dependent country with little or no buffer whereby 98% of her revenues services loan facility and parasitic subsidy payments. Those nations we help develop their economy through imporation with scarce FX, had at a time in their history gone through similar or worse sacrfices and economic turbulence. The current surgical economic and structural revolution is for the greater good of the country.
This rubbish propagandas no dey tire una?
We still remember vividly well how you Apc shits tried to paint buhari’s ineptitude as trying to wash Nigeria. That there would be pains initially but eventually the gains will come n definitely a light at the end of the tunnel is assured…. Well we all know how that went, like they say all is now history, but once beaten, again they say, twice shy….

Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by anonymous1759(m): 10:00am On Feb 15
femisplash:
Removal of subsidy, floating of the naira, removal of FX arbitrage, investigation into CBN finances, stopping NNPCL from receipts of oil revenues, restructuring NNPCL, gas revolution and expansion, rehabiliation of refineries, decentralisation of electricity, rehabilitation of Ajaokuta steel, increased states's FAAC allocations, constitutional review, etc. The President is systematically retooling and refixing the structure from its core. For far too long we have lived a fake lifestyle and false economic realities, an import-dependent country with little or no buffer whereby 98% of her revenues services loan facility and parasitic subsidy payments. Those nations we help develop their economy through imporation with scarce FX, had at a time in their history gone through similar or worse sacrfices and economic turbulence. The current surgical economic and structural revolution is for the greater good of the country.

Don’t say this in public or you get lynched . I prefer everything to that’s happening now for the greater good, BAT might not be praised now but when things turn out for the better in the future he’ll eulogized.

The past presidents have not criticized all these policies if you take note, it’s because they know it’s the right thing to do since inception but they weren’t courageous before they don’t wanna face backlash or call the bad guy.

Only oppositions are attacking because They want to score cheap political points.
These policies will definitely reshape the economy in the future , more people will be empowered and politicians will be less powerful that’s when corruption will be minimized.

Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by ejimatic: 10:00am On Feb 15
fergie001:

Arise TV
. I advise the president to reverse the subsidy removal. Greedy Nigerians would thwart the entire process. Moreso the masses are the ones suffering now. If he refuses to do so there may be revolution in this country. Granted the entire nation is in pains now because of subsidy removal and dollar increase culminating in high cost of living and it's accompanied pians. The earlier the better!

Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by killsmith(f): 10:01am On Feb 15
malali:

Because no one can really explain why there is an infinite amount of Naira in circulation. Even if the naira was free floating by now it should have reached an equilibrium. It should have pegged itself.

The only reason why the naira can be dropping till infinity is if the production is unlimited, because salary has not even been increased yet. Only thing that could account for daily devaluation is if someone other than the CBN is printing naira. Counterfeiters ?

This is very serious, the government has to act now........There are so many African countries, who do not even produce crude oil or subsidize forex but their local currency is stable.

The government should declare a state of emergency right away, this currency devaluation is getting out of control.
I believe some criminals are over printing the naira and trying to launder them to dollar. Reason for the increase in dollar

Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by Idaytesj29(m): 10:01am On Feb 15
malali:

The country need to consider digital currency.

Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by malali: 10:03am On Feb 15
Idaytesj29:

The country need to consider digital currency.

Very good idea.
But we are not technologically there yet
Power and internet has to be 100% before that would be effective.

Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by Franky9584(m): 10:03am On Feb 15
Another avenue of wasting the country money. Will the meeting reduce the price of dollar in the mkt?
releasing of over 100,000 metric tons of assorted food won't solve the probkem either, if u release today, Will u release 2moro ni?

Don't give us fish🐟, Tel us how to get the fish instead. HUNGER DEY THIS COUNTRY 😭😭😭
Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by malali: 10:04am On Feb 15
killsmith:
I believe some criminals are over printing the naira and trying to launder them to dollar. Reason for the increase in dollar

I am also getting that vibe, some people are definetly printing the naira in Nigeria or abroad and importing it back into the country to buy dollars.
Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by pasol4real(m): 10:04am On Feb 15
anonymous1759:

Don’t say this in public or you get lynched . I prefer everything to that’s happening now for the greater good, BAT might not be praised now but when things turn out for the better in the future he’ll eulogized.

The past presidents have not criticized all these policies if you take note, it’s because they know it’s the right thing to do since inception but they weren’t courageous before they don’t wanna face backlash or call the bad guy.

Only oppositions are attacking because They want to score cheap political points.
These policies will definitely reshape the economy in the future , more people will be empowered and politicians will be less powerful that’s when corruption will be minimized.
Keep fooling yourself…..

Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by rowlandwhy: 10:05am On Feb 15
someone should drop African Union social media handle here.

They need to question Tinubu on what is going on in Nigeria
Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by Fearurcreeator: 10:10am On Feb 15
Enemiesmasquera:
Tinubu the disaster. E no go better for anyone still defending this clueless president
E better for you ni you dey dey cry here
Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by Folanre(m): 10:14am On Feb 15
He built Lagos as propagated by his urchins, now he can't build Lagos.

Not surprised at all.

I knew he won't perform.
Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by Folanre(m): 10:15am On Feb 15
He built Lagos as propagated by his urchins, now he can't build Naija.

Not surprised at all.

I knew he won't perform
Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by sweetTai(m): 10:16am On Feb 15
I seriously see a military coup brewing in Nigeria and it will be very brutal.
Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by Enemiesmasquera: 10:17am On Feb 15
Fearurcreeator:

E better for you ni you dey dey cry here
Amadioha Kee you there
Zombie
Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by anonymous1759(m): 10:17am On Feb 15
pasol4real:

Keep fooling yourself…..

When you see a phoool you know one , a phoool always complain about everything, a phoool prefers to eat a pregnant mouse than allowing it to multiply.
I don’t take wailers and trollers seriously that’s where majority of Nigerians fall . A typical example is the super Eagles when they win , they’re regarded as Eagles if they loose you call them chickens . Your ranting don’t matter , all That matters is the result .

Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by mastermaestro(m): 10:18am On Feb 15
Franklyspeakin:
There is an imminent crisis coming and it worries me. Tinubu has to take charge before muslim fasting commences. I see the north starting a major uprising then. what could fuel this crisis is the increment in Electricity, Gas and PETROL.
Things are quite expensive and there is serious hardship in the land. Also if i where the president i will limit external travels. A coup could occur with the loud support of the north and silent support of the East. Wahala dey come ooo. DSS take note

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you. Maybe it's what has been ordained. That is why this government is still basking in arrogance. I just dey laugh. grin
Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by uba1991: 11:51am On Feb 15
malali:

I AGREE without, its the governments responsibility.
I dont think its the CBN's Governors fault.
Round tripping aka Subsidized dollars has now stopped.
None of the previous government could stop that !!
Only a few people benefitted.
importers are supposed to get waver. If importers get waver things will be relatively cheaper but if they buy dollar at 1500 , you know definitely that they must add their gain and prices will skyrocket.

Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by Greenfaces: 12:03pm On Feb 15
Adisababa again?
Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by pasol4real(m): 12:08pm On Feb 15
anonymous1759:

When you see a phoool you know one , a phoool always complain about everything, a phoool prefers to eat a pregnant mouse than allowing it to multiply.
I don’t take wailers and trollers seriously that’s where majority of Nigerians fall . A typical example is the super Eagles when they win , they’re regarded as Eagles if they loose you call them chickens . Your ranting don’t matter , all That matters is the result .
And what results have your useless Apc produced since they came into power. It’s been from one hardship to the other….
This your reply more than anything, shows you are nothing but fooling yourself…..

Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by Exceed15: 12:24pm On Feb 15
APC with to , plan to , move to etc clueless government.

Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by christistruth01: 12:28pm On Feb 15
malali:

The Fuel Subsidy and Foreign Exchange discount Cabals are very unhappy and angry their Feeding bottles have been removed

Corruption fights back
Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by ufuosman(m): 12:36pm On Feb 15
Franklyspeakin:
There is an imminent crisis coming and it worries me. Tinubu has to take charge before muslim fasting commences. I see the north starting a major uprising then. what could fuel this crisis is the increment in Electricity, Gas and PETROL.
Things are quite expensive and there is serious hardship in the land. Also if i where the president i will limit external travels. A coup could occur with the loud support of the north and silent support of the East. Wahala dey come ooo. DSS take note
Mayb na d wahala go set things right. because baba no no wetin to do again
Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by ufuosman(m): 12:38pm On Feb 15
No single vision
Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by Xox1945(m): 12:45pm On Feb 15
Useless meeting
Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by anonymous1759(m): 12:52pm On Feb 15
pasol4real:

And what results have your useless Apc produced since they came into power. It’s been from one hardship to the other….
This your reply more than anything, shows you are nothing but fooling yourself…..

Only phools like you will expect Nigeria to be like Uk, US, Canada, France under 8 yrs rule from APC.
Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by pak: 12:52pm On Feb 15
malali:

I applaud the way you think.

Though I will like to chip that I think the problem is more from the supply side than the demand side.

On Tuesday, it was announced that the CBN was selling fx to the market for the first time since September.
They gave so many reasons why they have witheld dollars from the market but to be honest, none of it makes too much sense.

If there's no supply, even if demand remains steady, price will continue to climb
Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by cucumbar: 12:56pm On Feb 15
fergie001:

Arise TV
this man is actually continuing from where Buhari stopped….AJala travel the world

Someone came out and told Nigerians that he will from where Buhari stopped. Some good people still went ahead and voted for him, now they are shouting up and down, after putting millions of other better Nigerians who had good sense of judgement in trouble.

Those that brought calamity to Nigeria may not know peace, now and forever more.
Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by Fearurcreeator: 1:20pm On Feb 15
Enemiesmasquera:
Amadioha Kee you there
Zombie
Pepper ... Hunger don wan wound this one... Oga go work
Re: Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa by Idaytesj29(m): 1:34pm On Feb 15
malali:

Very good idea.
But we are not technologically there yet
Power and internet has to be 100% before that would be effective.

Yeah 👍.

$620k Lawan Probe: Journalist Detained For Obtaining Classified Info / Court Vacates Order Stopping APC Convention / Photo Speak. Please Nl What Comes To Your Mind Seeing This Picture.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57