Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,085 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession - Forum Games (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession (20006 Views)

Japan's Nuclear Wastewater (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by rentgyd2000s: 12:58pm On Feb 15
JuanDeDios:

How Japan's trend of growth stopped in the 90's will remain a wonder. To think people once thought it'd rival and maybe surpass the US. Now, China is well ahead of it.

No, with clear understanding of geographical facts of Japan vis a vis other countries, the limit of her strength should be known. It even tried.

No matter the tech, The Gambia cannot be more than Kenya; or Switzerland, more than Mexico.
Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by rentgyd2000s: 1:00pm On Feb 15
One of the effects of sanctioning Russia; boycotting cheaper oil and natural gas supply.

1 Like

Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:04pm On Feb 15
123yes:
Nigeria economy is not in recession but can you compared the standard if living here in Naija with that of UK or JAPAN.
What we are facing is worse than recession.

1 Like

Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by Broveens42(m): 1:04pm On Feb 15
Quelme:
Sanction.

Russia na your mate.

Uk lawyers trying to a hold a total grip on their amalgamated company is also caused by Russia?? lol. There are exceptions to these things.
Kanu predicted the economic woes of uk if they try to stop...

The UK isn't getting much needed access to an( unknown asset) in old eastern Nigeria like they used to. I won't divulge all the information. Forget all the propaganda of getting the bulk of a treasury in so call south south region.
That explains why today, over 15 armoured vehicles were neutralized in Orlu by BLF, even when we have more serious security challenges.
Ask yourself, what is it about Imo state that's so special? Why frequent visits of the former president? Is there something we don't know?

This is not to add to previous armoured vehicles destroyed in the last months.
This news is on tweeter.
So what ever affects uk, will affect Japan, since they have very strong billateral ties.
It is bitting hard.
You could have a clearer picture eventually
Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by IbeOkehie: 1:04pm On Feb 15
Ahhhhh, this means there's some sense to this Anti-Jakpa argument after all.

https://www.nairaland.com/7426508/why-there-no-point-going

AND SO BROTHER THE UK WAS ONCE A SWEET PLACE BUT ITS NOW A SHITTY PLACE. LOL. I NEED TO TURN THIS INTO A THREAD LOL AND SO TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION BRO THERE IS NO POINT IN BEING IN THE UK AGAIN IF YOU CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO LIVE WELL IN NAIJA BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS IN NAIJA. EVERYTHING THAT IS IN THE UK IS IN NAIJA EVEN KFC AND DOMINOS AND NIKE AND APPLE AND POSCHE AND SKETCHERS ETC ETC ETC . SO IF YOU CAN DEVISE A WAY TO EARN POUNDS IN NAIJA, ITS THE PLACE TO BE

Such scintillating wisdom.

It's OFFICIAL - living in Nigeria is better than living in the UK !!!!

Good Luck to the UK !!!

1 Like

Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by JuanDeDios: 1:05pm On Feb 15
rentgyd2000s:

No, with clear understanding of geographical facts of Japan vis a vis other countries, the limit of her strength should be known. It even tried.

No matter the tech, The Gambia cannot be more than Kenya; or Switzerland, more than Mexico.
I considered this fact - which partly explains why China overtook Japan. The problem, however, is that Japan and China have not both been running. Since the 90's, Japan has *remained in one place* while China has been running. The wonder is why the masters of innovation lost it completely and started running backwards. Compare Japan to the US which has continued to run.
Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by Gboom: 1:12pm On Feb 15
Parydelegate:
Something for the APC supporters to celebrate 🍾 🥂

They will say...at least Nigeria economy is not in recessiongrin

Even with recession we cannot compare the quality of life in both countries to Nigeria.

Those that they used to bring out numerous trends last year to discourage Japa....now their eyes don clear. Dollar is about 1600 pounds 2000.

May God help Nigeria....God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬 🙏
Nigerian economy is as bad baddo baddest since over 40 years where politicians use the party platforms like NPN and UPN to siphon commonwealth. Some of them are still in APC, PDP, LP and so on till today and you want the economy to get better

1 Like

Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by NextUK: 1:15pm On Feb 15
Slips into depression ba ?

My obidient hating country men

jmoore:
Nigeria's own is depression.
Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by jmoore(m): 1:19pm On Feb 15
NextUK:
Slips into depression ba ?
My obidient hating country men

The enemies of Nigeria are those hiding the truth.
Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by Gerrard59(m): 1:19pm On Feb 15
easiest:
Any countries that spends wealth in other to stop Russia in achieving his plan will slip into recession, I am not surprised at all

The West and her allies would not accept that fighting Russia (increased energy prices) and now China (reduced demand for goods from their countries) causes more harm to the West's economies than Russia and China. These two don dey used to suffer, they can withstand the social and economic shocks. Not so much for the Western without excessive borrowing and quantitative easing aka print money anyhow.

South Korea and Taiwan's economies don dey face problems because they allied with the US not to export chip-making equipment and materials to China. The West should accept that time don pass. These kids on the block are more solid than the Cold War era.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by Gerrard59(m): 1:21pm On Feb 15
saasala:
The United Kingdom has been hovering around depression for quite a while. Everyone I know in UK is complaining seriously.

For japarians, it is not a choice destination presently. You might end up homeless. You can barely get a job that will be enough to pay for a studio apartment. You can be working 10 hours daily and still be homeless. Think well.

Canada, USA and Australia are better.

But for me, I will remain here. Naija dey okay for me.

Except for those who are Canadian citizens, no difference between the UK and Canada o. Australia and US are good tho.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by Gerrard59(m): 1:25pm On Feb 15
JuanDeDios:

How Japan's trend of growth stopped in the 90's will remain a wonder. To think people once thought it'd rival and maybe surpass the US. Now, China is well ahead of it.

Please read about the "Plaza Accords". Before the meeting, American lawmakers and companies rattled that the Japanese were playing "unfair" in trading with the US. They attacked Toshiba, Toyota, SONY and every major Japanese company then. For a country the US bombed twice using the atomic bomb, rebuilt and the defeated people becoming your bonafide ally, the US forced the Japanese to sign the Plaza Accords.

Now, they are using the same playbook against China. But China no gree.
Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by Procashtips(m): 1:30pm On Feb 15
123yes:
Nigeria economy is not in recession but can you compared the standard if living here in Naija with that of UK or JAPAN.

To be fair, they're not mates.

Stop comparing the unparable

Imagine comparing yourself with a country older than 300 years

1 Like

Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by BigDawsNet: 1:30pm On Feb 15
saasala:

Not so so well but I'm okay, and my business is moving at a good pace. I make enough to maintain my family, eat well, ride a decent car, live in a decent apartment and a little leftover. I'm very much okay with that. I'd rather remain here than go to a strange land where I will be homesick, miss my friends and family and face racism or do jobs that I will never do in Naija.

And yes, UK is facing economical downtime. Its so hard to get a decent job. Prices of goods and service, including cosumable are so high. You can barely make enough to cover for house rent. There are chances that you might become homeless.

I'm really glad you doing good for urself and your family... I just hope the inflation and economic crisis comes down some you can gain more profits from your buisness...

Mehn never knew.. the UK are facing some real deal over dere until I saw the recession... I just hope they can manage the suitation and stay strong, we Nigerians are fighter! I'm sure they will be fine

1 Like

Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by godofuck231: 1:43pm On Feb 15
As African states withdrew from third world subjection the asters will starve
Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by CartelKenneth: 1:56pm On Feb 15
Sure
Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by poiZon: 1:57pm On Feb 15
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-uk-economy-enters-recession-as-gdp-drops-by-0-3/amp
APC get wetin to take hold body....

Seun.. Sir, but u said u will revamp the economy once u get into power just like u did in Lagos state..

Onanuga.. u know Nigeria is not an island, UK n Japan economy just slipped into recession...
Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by JuanDeDios: 2:16pm On Feb 15
Gerrard59:

Please read about the "Plaza Accords". Before the meeting, American lawmakers and companies rattled that the Japanese were playing "unfair" in trading with the US. They attacked Toshiba, Toyota, SONY and every major Japanese company then. For a country the US bombed twice using the atomic bomb, rebuilt and the defeated people becoming your bonafide ally, the US forced the Japanese to sign the Plaza Accords.

Now, they are using the same playbook against China. But China no gree.
This is an interesting angle. But I think whatever problems were created for the Japanese economy by the Accord should have been surmounted in a decade or less. After all, the yen has been undervalued since forever and remains so. There seems to be a crippling lack of innovation in the country's technology sector - seems na there the wahala dey.
Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by Gerrard59(m): 2:26pm On Feb 15
JuanDeDios:

This is an interesting angle. But I think whatever problems were created for the Japanese economy by the Accord should have been surmounted in a decade or less.

They became complacent and comfortable with the position they found themselves - a wealthy East Asian economy, which was the world's second biggest (as of then).

After all, the yen has been undervalued since forever and remains so. There seems to be a crippling lack of innovation in the country's technology sector - seems na there the wahala dey.

The Chinese came along and were more nimble, responsive to change, aggressive, fast implementators and had higher risk appetite. Before the Chinese were the South Koreans. Also, the Chinese population attracted huge investments, with which China had a strong and big internal market. It is why only China can compete head-on with the US. Another worthy challenger in the future would be India and maybe Indonesia.
Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by JuanDeDios: 2:48pm On Feb 15
Gerrard59:

They became complacent and comfortable with the position they found themselves - a wealthy East Asian economy, which was the world's second biggest (as of then).

The Chinese came along and were more nimble, responsive to change, aggressive, fast implementators and had higher risk appetite. Before the Chinese were the South Koreans. Also, the Chinese population attracted huge investments, with which China had a strong and big internal market. It is why only China can compete head-on with the US. Another worthy challenger in the future would be India and maybe Indonesia.
Bolded is what I totally don't get. Japanese CULTURE is the very opposite of complacency - it's about KEEP IMPROVING it, even when it's already perfect.

Yes, the Indians are coming. I doubt they have that thing East Asians have though. Indonesia? Well, time will tell.
Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:51pm On Feb 15
Tinubu, APC and fake Nigerians don see wetin to use hold hand for our ongoing hardship for naija....
May God help Nigeria!
Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by DARLINGTON869(m): 2:54pm On Feb 15
Quelme:
Sanction.

Russia na your mate.
Asin eh! UK's problem is that they are like a Chihuahua hiding behind a bulldog(america) to bark. 90 percent of natural gas and wheat imports into the UK comes from Russia. The moment UK supported USA to impose the sanction against Russia, Russia shut off the gas supply. Natural gas that UK government pay about 50 million pounds monthly for supply astronomicaly increased to around half a billion pounds. Last last, it is the UK citizens who have no affiliation to the war that are suffering it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by elijahkayode(m): 3:01pm On Feb 15
Moniya4Real:
While tha US economy beat expectations by adding thousands of jobs and at 3% or more. These countries will never have a strong economy close to the US’s cos they are their vassals. Ukraine/Russia war favors the U.S. alone hike the rest ofNATO counties are feeling the heat. I kind of like the US cunning and astute nature-They make sure every thing you irks to their advantage before it comes to being. But the Europeans are too gullible to notice that

that means all nations on earth trading with dollar instead of local currency is a slave to the Usa

1 Like

Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by Morphinne: 3:18pm On Feb 15
Dailymice:
Even with their recession, you'll rather live there than in this Emilokan country
Even with the notorious congestion issue, you and your kinsmen will rather live in this Emilokan Lagos than the London built by that Biafran frog voice grin
Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by lastkingsman: 3:21pm On Feb 15
Gerrard59:

Except for those who are Canadian citizens, no difference between the UK and Canada o. Australia and US are good tho.

Canada is better than UK because it has a clear pathway to citizenship and access to US mkt. Every other thing is the same bracket with UK
Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by taiwog700: 3:48pm On Feb 15
Believe this news at your own peril. Nigeria government I hail o this news is realised from presidential villa Abujaauthor=Islie post=128466304]

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-uk-economy-enters-recession-as-gdp-drops-by-0-3/amp[/quote]
Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by Revolva(m): 4:13pm On Feb 15
Watch how they will manage their recession and bounce back and remove germany from no 4 that how a working nation act
But over here we are doomed and confused with tribalism and hatred sadism and not wanting to grow due t9 few bad eggs and their families
Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by CoronaVirusPro: 4:19pm On Feb 15
rentgyd2000s:
One of the effects of sanctioning Russia; boycotting cheaper oil and natural gas supply.

You said it all!

Coupled with Brexit, they are in for tougher times.

The lower and middle class will bear the brunt.
Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by Konquest: 4:41pm On Feb 15
Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by topefelix799(m): 4:45pm On Feb 15
Are you ready to relocate to UK?

Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by bionixs: 5:44pm On Feb 15
Recession my foot. Someone who has ₦8million lost ₦9000 and is here disturbing us .

For some of you inspirational speakers that would come to encourage those who are hopelessly hopeless on this forum, ask what percentage is the so-called Japan and UK Recession

1 Like

Re: UK, Japan Economies Slip Into Recession by victorVIC1(m): 6:17pm On Feb 15
saasala:

You can barely get a job that will be enough to pay for a studio apartment. You can be working 10 hours daily and still be homeless.

This is a wrong information. It is not this bad. Responding from first hand experience

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Genius: Calculate The Number Of Triangles In This Picture / Let Me See How Technical You Can Think. / Insult The Person Above You: ;d No Offence:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.