Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos (18927 Views)

Sanusi Backs Relocation Of CBN Units, Departments To Lagos / Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos / CBN Moves Departments To Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:45pm On Feb 15
Melagros:

Tinubu can take them to any part of the country I don't care, I just want the north to be dealt with mercilessly by this government so that they can have sense
Enough of their bigotry
bro you noticed Tinubu is cooking something big against North, clamouring for KANU released has been reduced, agitation has reduced, more like a game of agreement between Tinubu and nNamdi kanu
Re: Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos by Blessedarethepe(m): 9:01pm On Feb 15
I don't understand what's going
Re: Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos by sulaak(m): 9:32pm On Feb 15
SoNature:

That's wrong. If you must move those departments, take them to the ND states.

Instead of making efforts to create opportunities in other states across Nigeria so they can decongest an overpopulated Lagos, these greedy Lagos politicians want to grab everything.

That's why Buhari and Tinubu can never be the man that Jonathan and Obasanjo were. While the former were regional champions foisted on the country, the latter were detribalised presidents.

Did Jonathan move any department to the SS? In six years, the useless HEJ should have relocated NNPC to the SS, where the oil is generated.
Re: Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos by Indifferent12: 9:58pm On Feb 15
DeLaRue:
The vast majority of Nigeria's downstream resources are in Lagos, including the mighty Dangote refinery.

A couple of departments directly involved in their regulation can be in Lagos, close to the businesses they're regulating.

The headquarters remain in Abuja.

Perfectly logical.

This is not true, how many oil deport are in Lagos compared to delta and ph. These downstream resources u are talking about can operate without moving any Abuja office close to them, I have work in an oil depot, we have dpr office right there with us, we don’t need to relocate the dpr office in Abuja b4 we carry out our operations. There’s refinery in Warri and port harcourt and akwa ibom which are coming up soon, so dangote refinery is not an excuse to move office from Abuja to Lagos.
Re: Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos by Indifferent12: 10:01pm On Feb 15
Timmi:

When are you people going to break from this silos mentality and tribalism. The move is about efficiency and optimization of resources.
You guys talk as if we are all babies here

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos by Majesty7: 10:19pm On Feb 15
Reelmii:
did u not read that the majority of the staff of BANKING SUPERVISION DEPARTMENT in CBN were moved to lagos ...those once just resumed this February...some are still squatting with people because they are yet to secure accommodation..now another people are being moved to lagos

So based on the above, there will be more congestion in Lagos? So many times I wonder if people really uses 2% of their brain. Never knew that influx of less than 500 people will cause a heavy gridlock in Lagos.
Good night sad
Re: Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos by Advancedman(m): 10:29pm On Feb 15
Re: Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos by Draslo(m): 12:12am On Feb 16
Hedonisco:
Okay. On top shaky, snatched mandate of corruptly allocated 8m votes (which is still way way less than the roughly 14m+ total votes allocated to his 3 more qualified opponents) this idiot still has the audacity to be Yorubalizing everything and Lagosizing everything.

Ordinarily, one wouldn't have a problem with these national institutions moving to Lagos based on the idea that Lagos is supposed to be somewhat a NO MAN'S LAND, being the capital of Nigeria for so long. But these idiots made it clear that other Nigerians can't vote their preferred candidates in Lagos. Can't safely invest and reside in Lagos. Can't do anything in Lagos without "respecting" their so-called "hosts" (spits). When reminded that Lagos was built with Federal NIGERIA'S money, they claim that their BAT built Lagos with his own money.

Now they have the audacity to move critical federal NIGERIAN institutions with the attendant advantages to their Yoruba Lagos. This is unacceptable. Forget the so-called horrible economic policies that have impoverished Nigerians. If anything has to bring this bastard down by all means and at all cost then it has to be this provocative policy of relocating Federal institutions that belong to our Federal Capital City of Abuja to his ethnocentric Lagos. That can not and will not be accepted. And he will forcefully understand that very soon.
Still on this no man's land madness Abi?
Re: Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos by preciousmetals: 12:44am On Feb 16
Nigeria will soon disintegrate
Re: Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos by Metrofox(m): 1:14am On Feb 16
DeLaRue:
The vast majority of Nigeria's downstream resources are in Lagos, including the mighty Dangote refinery.

A couple of departments directly involved in their regulation can be in Lagos, close to the businesses they're regulating.

The headquarters remain in Abuja.

Perfectly logical.

Hope you're not one of the idiots that tomorrow will say Lagos is meant for yorubas only.
Re: Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos by 12inchess: 1:47am On Feb 16
Patojargz:
Lagos go turn capital soon with all these moves...

At this rate Tilumbu is moving all key sectors to Lagos. First it was CBN now ministry of Petroleum. Sooon Aso Rock so he can finally govern Nigeria from his bedroom in Bourdillon. Nigerians never see anything. Emi lo kan is a master strategist and master scammer.

Shebi Lagos is no man's land. E o ti mo me me grin grin grin grin
Re: Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos by nograv: 3:43am On Feb 16
SoNature:

That's wrong. If you must move those departments, take them to the ND states.

Instead of making efforts to create opportunities in other states across Nigeria so they can decongest an overpopulated Lagos, these greedy Lagos politicians want to grab everything.

That's why Buhari and Tinubu can never be the man that Jonathan and Obasanjo were. While the former were regional champions foisted on the country, the latter were detribalised presidents.

Go cry.. cheesy
Re: Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos by Tapout(m): 4:52am On Feb 16
whatever he is relocating is not my concern, na him sabi. But he should please move them to Epe axis.
Re: Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos by Yestogood: 5:30am On Feb 16
Melagros:
COMRADES anything this tinubu go do to pepper the north is welcomed

I used to work in a bank. Typically, you don't do 2 or 3 years without being posted to another state. Sometimes it's less.
It seems the northerners all want to work in Abuja. Let them snap out of it, abeg.
Re: Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos by ycat: 6:40am On Feb 16
He would if it's for his agenda, is it not a president that moved the capital to Abuja? I don't think it's necessary though, he can use Lagos as Camp David weekend getaway.
christejames:
That's very good...

I will cut Tinubu some slack if he can relocate Aso Rock to Bourdillion road shocked
Re: Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos by 10thTenthMan: 8:23am On Feb 16
Advancedman:

WHY?

The Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) regulates technical and commercial upstream activities. Upstream simply implies the exploration and production of crude oil and gas (petroleum) resources.

People here are confusing it with the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA) that regulates midstream and downstream operations like refineries, depots, lube blending plants, petrol stations and LPG processing and retail plants.

NUPRC does not regulate Dangote Refinery. That is the job of the NMDPRA. The Petroleum Industry Act, PIA 2021 clearly defines the functions of these two organizations, The Commission and The Authority.

Now let me make the following points clear:

1. Now the NUPRC has a building in Lagos at 7 Kofo Abayomi Street, Victoria Island, Lagos. That high rise (About 10 Storey) building is almost empty while they rent about 2 buildings in Abuja amounting to possibly a billion naira per year based on rents for such buildings in Abuja.

2. Most of the Oil Companies have their HQ and critical departments in Lagos. Shell, Chevron, ExxonMobil, etc. It makes sense for the NUPRC to be in Lagos. Note that this same NUPRC was about 5 years ago head quartered in the same Lagos! Even when it was Department of Petroleum Resources, DPR, before PIA created the NUPRC and NMDPRA.

3. A lot of Deep offshore logistics also happen from Lagos. A whole lot. E.g. When Going to Bonga, Erha, Agbami, Abo FPSO, Chopper flight is from Lagos. The last major FPSO project in Nigeria, EGINA FPSO by TotalEnergies was in Lagos for months. It was supervised from the then DPR HQ in Lagos.

4. The current buildings being rented in Abuja at Jabi and Utako are too congested and this has affected efficiency of the organization. Issues like meetings clashing, Interns and Youth Corps Members sitting in conference rooms for lack of office space, friction between staff lumped together in work stations, health and safety risks in over populated and over crowded buildings, pressure on building utilities, etc.

5. There is a befitting HQ building for the NUPRC in Abuja called the Barrel Building at the Central Area. This is still under construction by Julius Berger. Construction speed has been slow and affected by the Forex and cost of living issues. Hence they cannot on the short term rely on this building saving the situation of congestion in the buildings they currently rent.

6. The Oil Companies have also expressed the challenge of flying to Abuja for meetings, presentations, workshops, and partnership deliberations, when almost ALL have a presence in Lagos. Yes. Practically ALL oil companies have a presence in Lagos. Lagos is the Commercial Capital of Nigeria. This fact has nothing to do with Tribalism, APC or PDP.

7. The NUPRC HQ Supervises their Regional and Field Offices and in playing this supervisory role, the HQ staff from time to time have to visit these oil and gas facilities to ensure the regional and field officers are in their game in achieving the Commission’s mandates and implementing government’s policy. Like I earlier mentioned, going to most of these big producing facilities is easier from Lagos. It is also cheaper. From Lagos the HQ personnel only has to catch his chopper. From Abuja the that same HQ personnel will first fly to Lagos. Stay in a hotel for a night or two (depending on logistics challenges), then fly the chopper. Upon return the person stays in a hotel then flies to Abuja. It is just easier to be in Lagos and then go and return to Lagos.

8. Those who call for moving to the Niger Delta States need to know that there is no existing asset of the NUPRC Capable of taking these personnel. The assets in Niger Delta States are their regional offices which will bring about conditions worse than what NUPRC is experiencing in Abuja. EVERYTHING IS NOT POLITICAL. But how do you sit people down who are already biased and tell them these things? People who are already seeing the devil in every thing and aspect of their lives? How do you convince a mind that sees nothing but conspiracies? Are we talking about the same Niger Delta that boils with unrest?

The only argument I would put up is, even if the Barrel Building is ready today, those Units/Sections/Teams moving to Lagos should remain in Lagos Permanently! Their Executives can be in Abuja HQ, but the foot soldiers have no business being in Abuja. When the North begins to produce ample petroleum resources another team can be created in the Abuja Hq handling operations in the North.

As a business man, You have a house free in Lagos, but you are renting and struggling in Abuja with your children. Your children are not fine or happy due to the gbasgbos in the right Abuja house. You can’t even host guests. Your relatives sleep in the parlour. Meanwhile your business associates are mostly in Lagos o, where you have a free and bigger house. Biko won’t you rather tell some of your kids who are independent, mature and can handle maters with little or no supervision to move back to Lagos so that you stop spending on rent, be close to business associates, and reduce the gbasgbos in Abuja, if the opportunity comes? Does this seem like APC,PDP or LP? Are we saying politics should now make me keep staying in Abuja or Politics should drive me to Niger Delta where the situation will be worse ? Common sense and human intelligence tells me that I will send some of the mature and independent kids to Lagos!

I can guarantee you that with all that has been written here, people will read and still see Peter Obi, PDP or APC in this write up. What can we do about their delirium? We can only try to speak our own truth and let readers make up their minds.

2 Likes

Re: Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos by uba1991: 9:36am On Feb 16
Very good, I hope the north is enjoying the Muslim Muslim ticket.
Re: Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos by Acekidc4(m): 10:32am On Feb 16
Israel07:

SS/SE have more in common than you'll ever know as you're clearly not bright. Tell me which other region will stand by the SS the way SE will? None! Cos whatever affects y'all directly affects us too. Both used to be one region when Calabar was the capital. Today tell me what's in calabar, a former capital? South south to both the northerners and Yoruba's are all Igbos. They don't see y'all as distinct from the SE which is why despite producing the oil Nigeria exists on the south south is almost a waste land. Nothing is happening in the south south. Tell me why Tinubu should be moving this agency to Lagos when there's bayelsa, Delta and Rivers? Lol. Your water and air is polluted but fighting ur closest neighbor is ur problem while miscreants come from faraway to take away the most precious resource in Nigeria from your backyard, spoil ur lands such that you can't farm, spoil ur water that you can't fish but fighting ur neighbor is ur aim. I see how stupid you're. I was at ogun state and I saw how the south south people especially crossriver and Akwaibom are trooping in there to farm. Very poor living conditions. Why? What happened to the lands in their state? You're very stupid to say the least

It seems the hunger in the land is seriously affecting your brain. Someone gave you a non insultive reply and all what your weak brain can come up with is Insults. You're just shouting stupid stupid Upandan. You better goan find something to eat before you die of excessive hunger and anger. Mtcheeeew!! Mumu
Re: Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos by Patojargz: 12:04pm On Feb 16
12inchess:

At this rate Tilumbu is moving all key sectors to Lagos. First it was CBN now ministry of Petroleum. Sooon Aso Rock so he can finally govern Nigeria from his bedroom in Bourdillon. Nigerians never see anything. Emi lo kan is a master strategist and master scammer.

Shebi Lagos is no man's land. E o ti mo me me grin grin grin grin

Normally, I don talk am and i go talk am again. Our own finish 4 ds country...
Re: Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos by buJu234: 12:06pm On Feb 16
NUPRC has always been in kofo VI lagos for years..

Until the buhari administration, so it was buhari that caused all the issue
Re: Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos by Frayoworld(m): 3:36pm On Feb 17
Frayoworld:

Just imagine an lgbo man in power doing exactly what Tinubu z doing right now.
Igbos n there properties could av been destroyed all together by other tribes, mainly Yoruba n Fulani.
Sometimes I really thank God for Obi not being declared winner. It's a blessing in disguise to d SE/SS. Even though l know n am sure Obi could av governed differently.

Just imagine hw dey maligned n castigated Jonathan. Tinubu n co sponsored n organized chaotic n violent protest all over the nation. Nw u dare not organise a 'get-together', not to mention a peaceful protest. U will b killed n no one dare ask questions.
All l n my likes can do z to pray n hope one day Nigeria will get it right. I believe in Nigeria n also trust in peaceful dissolution of incompatible MARRIAGES!!!

FRAYO
15/02/2024

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars / Jonathan Urges World Leaders To Support Buhari’s Government / Arms Deal Probe: PDP Torn Into 4 Factions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.