Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,724 members, 7,813,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) (44062 Views)

FG Moves To Reduce Food Prices / Nigerian Families Struggle To Survive As Food Prices Soar - Al Jazeera / Honeywell Spaghetti Releases “Mini” Version As Food Prices Increase (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by enambobo(m): 11:38pm On Feb 15
benardtotti:

If you were not a fool and dullard ,that screenshot you shared showed clearly how previous governments left the dollar worse than they met it , but you think tinubu is your problem.
Previous government moved it by an inch or two but recent APC leadership increased it at an exponential rate. Are you that blind to see it? Your argument is lame. Anyhow we die here since na wetin u want.
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by elverdad: 11:51pm On Feb 15
socialmediaman:
Tinubu has indeed destroyed Nigeria's economy: https://www.nairaland.com/8001983/tinubu-buhari-made-nigerias-economy

Say yourba idiots and hausa fools has destoryed Nigger area
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by IfnobeGod20: 12:00am On Feb 16
Chasito:
Wetin dey give me joy be say this hardship dey affect everybody it didn't spare anybody including the useless people that voted this clueless government into power. grin grin

Next time we go use our head. cheesy
Who told you people uses their heads to think, they only uses their hearts to think and act, knowing that well the heart is the seat of emotions.
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by Shimbo96(m): 12:34am On Feb 16
Odewaleadesoye:
The states of the federation where food prices are rising the fastest have been highlighted.

The states in the top five, according to TheCableIndex, include Kogi, Kwara, Abia, Akwa Ibom and Ekiti.

The lowest states are Borno, Kano, Nassarawa, Plateau and Bauchi.

See full rating:

DAILY POST
nonsense oyo should be among top 3, most especially Ibadan.
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by HIPROFILE(m): 12:37am On Feb 16
Moony45:
Moving this nation forward lies in the hands of both the population and the leaders. Blame game will land us backwards!

What would the poor population do when the leaders are the major causatives in the bad state of economy in the nation.

How do you explain that the country’s economy is obviously nose diving but the leaders choose to buy a yatch worth billions.

How do you explain that the economy of the nation is in bad shape the leaders chose to buy new bullet proof suv’s worth billions.

What do you say about same leaders stacking and spending in hard currency against the country’s official legal tender (Naira).

How do you explain the lopsided appointments in key positions which many lacked merit and competency.

How do you explain that in a harsh economy the government is dishing out billions to renovate and make more official residence for the president vice president and co.

How do you explain that Monies donated to Nigeria to distribute to her citizens during covid was stalled not until last December the leaders gathered in Abuja to share same money that is years after covid.

How do you explain that the government claimed subsidy is gone yet still pays out money for subsidy.

How do you explain that in an oil producing country there is no single functional refinery owned and run by the Nation meanwhile other Nations like Singapore who doesnt produce oil have refinery where we export our crude to be refined then imported back…thats big shame on our leaders.

I can go on and on It is just crazy being in this country and the biggest problem is it is never going to be good or better it can only get worse cos majority of the citizens are fools in the face of these leaders and they dont think. Check out now no one is fighting the Igbos but let election come you will still see these hungry urchins supporting a dead man to lead them while expecting Adeboye’s spiritual solution and prayer to make the country great.

No worry very soon na mad people go begin give all of una orientation on how to live in Nigeria cos its getting crazier.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by Israel07: 1:10am On Feb 16
Na statistics we go chop?
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by Ecstacy21(m): 1:19am On Feb 16
Lie lie list. Only Awka, in Anambra state is 80%. Like say na only them the inflation dey affect.
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by UNDFTD: 1:20am On Feb 16
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the hunger and starvation that will hit Nigerians is still doing push-ups. When it hits, nobody will tell you to hit the streets and fight the same oppressors that you have been loving and defending all this while. I have been on this platform and tried to expose the atrocities, lies, and excesses of your failed government, Nigeria, but each time, those of you who love your oppressors differently would be defending them vigorously and would argue and attack anyone who did NOT support or share your warped point of view. These arguments got so heated sometimes that I was denied access to my account so many times for cussing out some of these idiots who claim to have brains but could NOT make use of them. Now here we are today. The majority of you that believe blindly in your One Nigeria are you immune from the stray bullet of bad governance? Absolutely NOT! It was NOT even that long ago that I was telling folks who have domiciliary accounts to withdraw their $$ from their account because your useless and failed government would take your money and give you the equivalence in your worthless naira. This poor and wretched fool who has never seen $$ bills in his life was here talking arrant nonsense and asking me to STOP spreading FAKE news. Today, you can ask anyone abroad who sends money to his family back in Nigeria whether their loved ones can STILL receive that transfer in $ like they used to And they will tell you NO. So, as I have always said in the past, you can love your oppressors, fight anyone who is trying to make you see that they do NOT have your interest at heart, and pretend like you're not bothered, all of you in that contraption would suffer the same fate! I can guarantee you that I will be on this platform to talk about you when you become a victim.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by Babastrong(m): 1:28am On Feb 16
[quote author=Nazgul post=128475829]I was discussing with someone today, and I told him that if Tinubu contests in 2027, he'll win. The same people complaining of hunger and insecurity are the same people who would hit the streets to campaign for him after auctioning their destinies for a morsel of bread.

I just feel that Nigerians are not yet ready for good governance.[neither ATIK,TINVBU, NOR OBI Will win 2027. Dey are all ]
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by Redman44(m): 2:16am On Feb 16
What are you doing with the space in your compound?, Southerners . Go and do some farming. Plant crops you and your family can eat . Raise ducks and rabbits in your compound. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by amakanancy(f): 2:35am On Feb 16
Judolisco:
Abuja should be number 1...I bought bread 400 yesterday, as I comut dis morning bread Don turn 500....I've stayed in kogi, kwara, lagos... But inflation in Abuja is something else abeg
That bread is 700 naira in most places
Go and verify...
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by tenpipsperday: 5:47am On Feb 16
The very day Nigerians are ready they will enter streets.
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:55am On Feb 16
Hyperinflation was, when women ran to their husband's workplace on payday, quickly grabbed the money and ran to the merchant to buy groceries.

If they waited for their husbands to come home in the evening and bought groceries only the next day, they would get nothing for the money.
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by MASTERMIND04(m): 6:26am On Feb 16
Nazgul:
I was discussing with someone today, and I told him that if Tinubu contests in 2027, he'll win. The same people complaining of hunger and insecurity are the same people who would hit the streets to campaign for him after auctioning their destinies for a morsel of bread.

I just feel that Nigerians are not yet ready for good governance.
You are right bro. Nigerians are not ready yet. They all knew he was not going to perform but because of the 5k they were given and tribalism, they voted him in. Now he is showing them shege, na them still dey complain lol
I will not be surprised to see them running after him again in 2027. They will say, "Omo wa ni, e je ko shey"(He is our son, let him do it) lol
We will never learn.
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by Judolisco(m): 6:59am On Feb 16
amakanancy:

That bread is 700 naira in most places
Go and verify...
nope... U have to see d bread ... Dat bread is 300 naira in most places.... 700 naira bread in ilorin is 1300 naira in Abuja
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by Bloomfrancs03(m): 7:15am On Feb 16
Antoeni:
We've just hit *£1:N2000 exchange rate*. Incredible! @ [15/02/2024-16.30hr]"
What a legacy,what a time to be alive.Congrats Nigerians,see the result of the "well informed decision you took last year. "Its a town hall,different from... "

...balablu

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by biyams(m): 7:34am On Feb 16
i think taraba is less than 30%... reason is... as of January 16th I remember bags of maize were sold at the price of #37k. same time it was sold 56k in Kano market. that month alone lorries were already moving out with alot of bags to Kano, courtesy of Kano businessmen.
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by Dyfynezz12(m): 7:54am On Feb 16
Angelfrost:
Guy, just say the whole nation abeg.

Suffering is everywhere.

No need for these pointless statistics. No offense.

I enter market the other day, and after shopping I was mute and dazzled with SHOCK!

Abeg... Wetin poor people dey chop these days, cos the rich are weeping. undecided
Pls don't weep,be thankful to God that u can afford it
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by benardtotti(m): 7:57am On Feb 16
BobbieZion:

You quickly rushed to insult him.

What you where suppose to check is the % increase from the beginning to the end of a tenure.
Buhari did 8 years with an increase from 196 - 460.
GEJ from the range of 145 - 196 or 197.

How do you now explain an increase from 460 - 1450 In less 10 months. So what will it be at after the first 4 years?

That is why Tinubu said na statistics we go chop, and some educated dumb people felt it was ok.

Blind kind of support.
Think and reason logically and objectively.

You are the one not thinking, tinubu is not defending the naira ,but allowed it to float so the true market value can be determined , but previous administrations even while defending the naira it still lost value year in ,year out , so explain to me how exactly tiñubu destroyed the economy, you had no economy in the first place ,you were living a fake life.
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by Charly68: 9:03am On Feb 16
Up Bauchi,it means their Governor is working
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by Fantacoker(m): 9:08am On Feb 16
grin Omo
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by 715afolarin: 9:18am On Feb 16
OkOk...
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by ogaontop(m): 9:43am On Feb 16
benardtotti:

If you were not a fool and dullard ,that screenshot you shared showed clearly how previous governments left the dollar worse than they met it , but you think tinubu is your problem.
Guy you're the ABSOLUTE dullard here, juxtapose the time they spent in the office with the percentage increment in dollar rate then you know Tinubu is totally archaic and ill-prepared to rule, with slogans like "Emi lokan and na statistics we go chop?"
Who talks like that in this century??

People like you is the reason why these politicians take us for a ride because they know some hungry fools will come and defend them.
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by BobbieZion(m): 10:18am On Feb 16
benardtotti:

You are the one not thinking, tinubu is not defending the naira ,but allowed it to float so the true market value can be determined , but previous administrations even while defending the naira it still lost value year in ,year out , so explain to me how exactly tiñubu destroyed the economy, you had no economy in the first place ,you were living a fake life.

Tinubu is a daft.....
Buhari is smarter.
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by Exceed15: 10:40am On Feb 16
Roger3D:
You too are seeing the same shege as Kogi people regardless of who you voted for. Na season 1 be dis

I have no regrets because I didn't vote APC . The people that should be ashamed of themselves are those ones APC brainwashed. Useless party.
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by Hespee93: 10:43am On Feb 16
I am very sure your analysis is not complete.

Delta food price rise is 50%.
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by Sleekfingers: 11:17am On Feb 16
By June, one egg will be 300 naira.

A bag of rice 100k.....

So shall it be.....see Nigerians no wan get sense.
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by maasoap(m): 11:28am On Feb 16
Nazgul:
I was discussing with someone today, and I told him that if Tinubu contests in 2027, he'll win. The same people complaining of hunger and insecurity are the same people who would hit the streets to campaign for him after auctioning their destinies for a morsel of bread.

I just feel that Nigerians are not yet ready for good governance.
How much did he give voters in 2023? How much did you collect from your candidate? I thought the cashless policy of Emefiele was to prevent that. Stop insulting people
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by DICO111(m): 12:32pm On Feb 16
Unrealistic data, here in Abia state price increase is between 80% and 100%, in few months time people might die in scores due to hunger and starvation... Tinubu has never made a single right decision since assumption of office.
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by Dybala11(m): 2:21pm On Feb 16
benardtotti:

And don't forget to tell us how those previous governments contributed to the Naira losing more than 300% of it's value within 9 months?
If you were not a fool and dullard, you should have known that some Nigerians expected a better governance from Tinubu, that's why they voted for him. But alas, the blame game continues, let's blame corrupt Jonathan and Buhari for Tinubu's mismanagement and atrocities. We're truly not ready for a positive change in this country.
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by benardtotti(m): 3:16pm On Feb 16
Dybala11:

And don't forget to tell us how those previous governments contributed to the Naira losing more than 300% of it's value within 9 months?
If you were not a fool and dullard, you should have known that some Nigerians expected a better governance from Tinubu, that's why they voted for him. But alas, the blame game continues, let's blame corrupt Jonathan and Buhari for Tinubu's mismanagement and atrocities. We're truly not ready for a positive change in this country.

You a very daft ! But you have no one to tell you so let me tell you to your face that you are daft !
If you weren't daft how can you compare previous administrations who subsidised the naira with someone who floated and isn't defending the naira ?

Try and use the brain God gave you and stop allowing politicians use your brain .
Re: Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) by Dybala11(m): 4:12pm On Feb 16
benardtotti:

You a very daft ! But you have no one to tell you so let me tell you to your face that you are daft !
If you weren't daft how can you compare previous administrations who subsidised the naira with someone who floated and isn't defending the naira ?

Try and use the brain God gave you and stop allowing politicians use your brain .
The brainless one between the two of us is the one making excuses for the failures of the present government. It seems like you guy's thinking ability just evaporates immediately you join APC. Corrupt entities. May God punish you and the corrupt leaders that you're making excuses for wherever you are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lol....even Eba Get Packaging / "I Bought Plastic Fake Fish That Refused To Cook" - Man / Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.