Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,830 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation (23029 Views)

3500 Terrorist Attacks Recorded In Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Rep — ECOWAS / Burkina Faso, Mali And Niger Look To Form A Confederation / Niger: Coup Leaders remain defiant, form new Govt; appoint 21 Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by adioolayi(m): 10:02am On Feb 16
vislabraye:

Abacha never stopped the SE from competing in African Nation Cup.
The problem began with Mandela. South Africa was hosting Miss World that year and Nigeria was one of the contestants. Mandela asked Miss Nigeria to leave because Nigeria was ran by the military.
This angered Abacha and he said Nigeria would not compete in the 1996 tournament hosted in SA unless the venue is changed. This wasn't possible so Nigeria did not attend.
So, Abacha wasn't at fault. Blame Mandela for kissing the West a$$.

Why are you contradicting yourself

Who stopped SE from participating in 1996 African Cup of Nations
Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by Jayhome24: 10:04am On Feb 16
They can go ahead afterall what is their contribution to Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Ghana etc before They are useless entities so no qualms living ECOWAS infact we will use that opportunity destroy those Fouta Jalon bandits from Burkina, Mali and Niger with no mercy.

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by femi4: 10:12am On Feb 16
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Burkina-Faso-Mali-Niger-confirm-plan-to-form-new-confederation
They will just die of hunger

A dey land that contributed nothing to Ecowas.

We know the Countries funding Ecowas

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by Judolisco(m): 10:21am On Feb 16
Tonididdyx:

Your mumurìy nor get redemption
my oga try to dey learn and accept that you're wrong.... Morocco is in Africa not Europe... U made a mistake and someone is trying to correct you
Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by tenpipsperday: 10:27am On Feb 16
zoedew:

shrinking balls. brawn without brains. power hungry soldiers.

And we have seen your politicians that are not power hungry where they have left your miserable life

You had better move on because the people of that country have moved on and they are happy for moving on
Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by OctavianAC(m): 10:28am On Feb 16
GboyegaD:
This is what Africa really needs.
For sure, confederation is what Ojukwu proposed for Nigeria before the civil war. And it will really help if the for defunct regions can rethink about it.
Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by Whytelyon(m): 10:34am On Feb 16
RepoMan007:
fave your yahoo-yahoo computer programming.

Stupid idiot.
You think say u fit talk. Anuofia.
Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by Litmus: 10:36am On Feb 16
Good for them. We should be wishing them luck because they are going to need it, with the West closed off to them in support of European France. Anyway, they deserve success after the leeching they've endured from France. Senegal, Ivory coast and Ghana should join them also to form a confederation with french language and colonial exploitation in common. Ghana is an exception but they do have a large population of French speakers also - or so I've heard. In any case too many Africa nations are unviable alone - they are too small, too vulnerable to foreign exploiting and destabilising; too impoverished and too far from industrialisation.

My hope is for Nigeria to go it alone. Nigeria is heavily populated, resources rich, full of highly educated well travelled people, has huge international population etc. We should in future also look to incorporating to Nigeria the island nations off the coast of Nigeria. Places like Biasko, Principe, Sao-tome....maybe get back Bakasi.

If we are to become that great potential Nigeria, we need to make that commitment. Unseriousness or reluctance to come to terms with this issue is largely the origin of terrorism, banditry and general existential insecurity We are facing. We can't have loose and undetermined affiliations with bordering nations, we are either Nigerians or not. You can't admire your cake in its box after prior consuming it.
Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by GUNITGuy: 11:15am On Feb 16
Focusmind:
These guys are just grand-standing. Poverty -stricken sahel republics, that depends on aids for their national budgets. These rulers would plunge their countries and people deeper into Poverty. International relations doesn't work that way. They are entirely dependent on ECOWAS member States for electricity, importation and support and are still playing strongmen. Nobody should come and rant nonsense here and blame Tinubu.
Don't you think they've thought out all this before coming to Conclusions ....What's ECOWAS benefits to her member countries than easy means of France to control CFA...
Mali is already building the largest Gold refineries in the World ...Burkina Faso is Collaborating with Russia and China to build a Nuclear Power plant Dubbed to Power Most Counties in Africa ...Niger is currently the Fastest growing economy in the world ....
It's just a matter of time you would understand why they took that decision....
What we have in West Africa Ecowas are evil men who have mastered the game of impoverishment of their own people and Ruling them ... Stashing money abroad to the detriment of their country ...
This the western Society are so aware about but since it's profitable to them they do nothing about it
Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by Kushites: 11:19am On Feb 16
tenpipsperday:
Men with balls

Real men, unlike the pro-western pussiees we call our leaders.

Wait till Russia builds their nuclear power station as planned. We might be begging them for light!

And what if Putin is in secret discussions with them to provide nuclear weapons capability?

You can never put anything beyond Putin.

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by Kushites: 11:29am On Feb 16
Naijaepic:
For the Electricity part, I think Nigeria will suffer most, here is the reason.

River Niger run across over 5 countries in West Africa, include both of our neighbours countries, such as Benin, Niger and Mali.

Remember, this is a natural resources that any countries can construct Hydro dam on it course within their geographical area.

So, it just matter of time, when Niger, our close neighbouring country construct Hydro dam on it course. it will definitely have adverse effect on our usage in Nigeria.

Nigeria will go to war if they do that.
Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by codemaniacs: 11:49am On Feb 16
Kushites:

Nigeria will go to war if they do that.

It will be stupid of Nigeria to go war if they do that.

Nigeria can easily build a coal power plant in Enugu if Nigeria honestly wants to solve it's electricity problems.

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by Midex88(m): 12:00pm On Feb 16
tenpipsperday:

Story. What has ECOWAS benefitted you? If not to join hands together and impose misfits as leaders.

What has ECOWAS contributed to them. Manipulate results and call it elections. Retain old cargoes ECOWAS my ass.

now that they are leaving to form a confederation of broke nations what will they gain. truthfully, this move will make them only worse because the aids and support they get will be stripped off them by ECOWAS and the other international communities and expect more sanctions on them. inshort, the citizens will suffer.
Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by Beautifulday: 12:23pm On Feb 16
Mynd44:
And they will still have to use ECOWAS ports, fly through Ecowas countries, depend on ecowas for every aspect of their economy including electricity and education.

Must be nice to live in such grand delusion

Are they doing it for free?
Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by zoedew: 12:56pm On Feb 16
tenpipsperday:

And we have seen your politicians that are not power hungry where they have left your miserable life

You had better move on because the people of that country have moved on and they are happy for moving on
How do you suggest we move on. Your assumption that everyone here lives a "miserable" would need a reexamination Sir. A Nation's socio-economic well-being is not the sole determinant to gauge whether her citizens live a "miserable" life.
Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by aariwa(m): 1:36pm On Feb 16
Kay25:

Can u see how hatred is making u incoherent..soon it will turn u to market place dey cap shiiiittttt

rule 2 broken . Seun, Myn44, fergie001
Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by Sokari29: 1:47pm On Feb 16
Timoleon:

They will not loot half of the loan. Stop misinforming people. The will loot 90% of the money!
Lwkm
Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by pansophist(m): 1:54pm On Feb 16
Roski1:

Highly expected. Let them join their francophone brothers and let Nigeria strengthen ties with its anglophone brothers(Guinea, Ghana, Liberia, The Gambia, Sierra Leone etc)

They don't want to join anyone, they just want to be left alone, and focus on strengthening ties with the non-ecowas states.

3 Likes

Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by pansophist(m): 1:54pm On Feb 16
Suicideboy:

Not possible

Why not? E go be you like film

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by tenpipsperday: 1:59pm On Feb 16
Midex88:

now that they are leaving to form a confederation of broke nations what will they gain. truthfully, this move will make them only worse because the aids and support they get will be stripped off them by ECOWAS and the other international communities and expect more sanctions on them. inshort, the citizens will suffer.

I decided to repond to your innocent post just for correction. Bro you see the boldded in red color above? that is the problem African have. The western world is not giving Africans any aid but bait.

No Africn country ought be begging for aids from the whites if we get our acts together, We have more than enough to go round but corrupt men won't let it go round oil and numerous natural resources are here why the aid? We have best weather, our soil grows everything we need but when we have misfits like buhari and tinubu as leaders we depend on aids. The west make money from what they get from here and sell to us. We drill crude but go outside to refine thereby creating job opportunities there while we wait for individual to build refinery, what happened to our own.

Men with balls can live comfortably without western aids which is poison on it's own.

Know this and know peace.

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by Kay25(m): 2:27pm On Feb 16
aariwa:

rule 2 broken . Seun, Myn44, fergie001
Nairaland police officer pele ooo
Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by hansomb: 2:38pm On Feb 16
ogbonti:

Give them 10 years together in that confederation- our useless lazy youths of today who are busy snatching ballot boxes for politicians and trolling online for crazy reasons - who can not summon up courage to liberate Nigeria but will rather japa anywhere with their cowardly behinds —-will be praying and fasting to be able to go to this new confederation to be enslaved, abused and humiliated just to have a morsel of bread to eat
Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by Elonmuzk(m): 3:01pm On Feb 16
Russia is deceiving these guys!
Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by itsene: 6:39pm On Feb 16
They still have to decide on how to choose their leaders.
By voting or by coup .
That's the fundamental problem the current myopic usurpers are running away from..
Voting periodically or military overthrow anytime.
Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by ogbonti: 7:57pm On Feb 16
Gerrard59:

Coming from someone who lives in the US.

It takes a coward to detect cowardice.

My brother Mr. Blind Critic, I left Nigeria for the USA in1996, I spent just 6 months - returned to Nigeria in January 1997… and left Finally for the USA December 1998, Democracy in Nigeria was already in focus as Gen Abdulsalami Abubakar already led a roadmap for handing over - Nigeria was in safe mode when I left and I do not consider myself a coward as I just gained admission then to UCLA for Spring Semester of 1999.

Before I left Nigeria - I have already played my role and if there were medals to be awarded for for courage in fighting military dictatorship- I should have at least 3 gold medals

In 1989 - I was in the thick of the SAP riots in Benin City - we fought the then Governor of Old Bendel State, Col. Jonathan Tunde Ogbeha.. 2 of my classmates lost their lives at Ekenwan Road protesting - That did not stop us from attacking S&T Military Barracks with UNIBEN students the very next day until Backup came from 4th Mechanized Brigade Ikpoba Hill - na we do am- Ogbeha’s shoot at Sight order did not deter us.

In 1993 June 12 Annulment demonstrations- we held Edo/Delta Under siege for 2 straight weeks no movement - na we do am

In 1994 - we bursted Admiral Augustus Aikhomu’s home protesting the arrest of MKO Abiola and we defied the Edo State Military Administrator, Col Mohammed Abdusalam Onuka - we fought him to standstill in 1994 at Irrua…

Little boy - these were my battles I fought as a kid and as a youth - what have you done for Nigeria? I have done my part and it saddens me that what we fought for, today’s youths cant sustain it - you want me to keep fighting in my golden years - in the street, nah - let the youths of today fight for that …

Thank you…

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by jomarick(m): 10:37pm On Feb 16
They are land locked countries. With the strong sanctions, they can't survive. Unless they try to conquer and take over Ivory Coast tongue
Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by Gerrard59(m): 1:31am On Feb 17
ogbonti:

My brother Mr. Blind Critic, I left Nigeria for the USA inm1996, I spent just 6 months - returned to Nigeria in January 1997… and left Finally for the USA December 1998, Democracy in Nigeria was already in focus as Gen Abdulsalami Abubakar already led a roadmap for handing over - N

Thank you…

Good! Clap for yourself! You have done well.

However, everyone isn't like you. Mind you, the people you fought for campaigned and voted for Buhari in 2011. 2015 and 2019. Now, they have voted for a man because of his brain, not his body. Is that the same people others who didn't vote for should fight for? What do you think of ENDSARS where northerners didn't participate? What about the accusations that Igbos wanted to burn Lagos?

See, the best solution is for everyone to answer him papa name. That way, if you fight, you know you are fighting for people who think and look like you. Fighting for Nigeria in its current state is a stoopid ordeal which will only end in sifia pains!

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by Mbabula: 9:49am On Feb 17
Focusmind:
These guys are just grand-standing. Poverty -stricken sahel republics, that depends on aids for their national budgets. These rulers would plunge their countries and people deeper into Poverty. International relations doesn't work that way. They are entirely dependent on ECOWAS member States for electricity, importation and support and are still playing strongmen. Nobody should come and rant nonsense here and blame Tinubu.
Nigeria simply doesn't have their time, when we do, even the Benin that they so much crave for won't look there way
Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by Dougad: 1:10pm On Feb 18
ogbonti:

Give them 10 years together in that confederation- our useless lazy youths of today who are busy snatching ballot boxes for politicians and trolling online for crazy reasons - who can not summon up courage to liberate Nigeria but will rather japa anywhere with their cowardly behinds —-will be praying and fasting to be able to go to this new confederation to be enslaved, abused and humiliated just to have a morsel of bread to eat

Thus bastard doesn't live in Nigeria
Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by Konquest: 3:28am On Feb 19
Re: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation by AnyanwuSilas: 10:59pm On Feb 19
YourKarma:

Just imagine the nonsense you spewed. Download a map, there are numerous landlocked countries that are much better than Nigeria so WTF are you saying?
Don't mind that guy. Switzerland is of of the best country in Europe but they are landlock.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pope Declares Mankind Is 'experiencing The Outbreak Of World War Three'(Pics) / Joe Biden Forgets Australian PM, Scott Morrison's Name? (Video) / Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.