Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten To Quit - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten To Quit (15707 Views)

Food Smuggling: FG Intercepts 141 Grain Trucks, Drivers Threaten Strike..... / Lagos Commercial Drivers Threaten 7-day Mass Protest Over Multiple Extortion / Fresh Fuel Supply Crisis Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten To Quit by bnanny: 9:30am On Feb 16
Johnjustice:
Dollar problem bringing our nation to it's knees. We must remove dollar monopoly from our imports system, and sell our crude and gas in naira, this will strengthen naira.
Good point from you, but the government you're even trying to suggest this to are not interested in ditching dollar for naira. They'll tell you oil trade in international trade that's why they won't change to naira.
This is what port authorities just did. They're only accepting dollars here in Nigeria.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten To Quit by Knight247: 9:34am On Feb 16
Franklyspeakin:
That major protest that ive been predicting. It is well with Nigeria. We are at a tipping point. Na small thing remain
Guy forget protest tinubu no dey joke ooo
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten To Quit by ufuosman(m): 9:38am On Feb 16
Meringe:
With the way everything is spilling out of control, I see a big revolution in Nigeria forced by hunger.

Our leaders are still sleeping.

The future is gloomy.
D leaders don’t hv vision
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten To Quit by DestinyNigga: 9:54am On Feb 16
You people should allow Master strategist to work. He turn Lagos into Dubai. You should know by now that Bola Gloria Tinubu is First class graduate of Chicago University πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ He has hit the ground running 🀣🀣🀣 Obi supporters is the one buying fuel high price while we Tinubu supporters are swimming in crude oil 🀣🀣🀣
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten To Quit by Johnjustice: 9:55am On Feb 16
bnanny:

Good point from you, but the government you're even trying to suggest this to are not interested in ditching dollar for naira. They'll tell you oil trade in international trade that's why they won't change to naira.
This is what port authorities just did. They're only accepting dollars here in Nigeria.
As a sovereign nation, we can make policies for the good of the nation and it's people. Nigerian government must be sincere, put aside selfish sentiments and interests and make moves to strengthen naira.

It's all about laws of demand and supply and balance of trade, when it comes to forex markets and international trade. The more people and nations demand your currency, the higher it's value goes, and the more you export the more your balance of trade gets positive, all these leads to high value of the currency. We pay our political office holders way too much to go to office to pursue selfish interests, and to please America. We are a sovereign nation we are not slaves of America and dollar. South Africa quietly moved to BRICS...when last did you hear of them complaining of currency crises. The people need to protest, and demand government work for us...marches and protests by the people, this inefficiency of the government should not be tolerated, they are well paid and taken care of, the least they can do is work for the people...and they are not working till our currency value strengthens, so we see value in cash we spend.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten To Quit by nairalanda1(m): 9:56am On Feb 16
Yep, another evidence there is a subsidy.

APC once again caught in lying.

This is how we enter more debt.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten To Quit by uba1991: 10:31am On Feb 16
Fuel scarcity or not how many people get money to buy fuel now? People are looking for money to feed. I will soon park my car sef.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten To Quit by BeigJawnson(m): 10:35am On Feb 16
Johnjustice:
Dollar problem bringing our nation to it's knees. We must remove dollar monopoly from our imports system, and sell our crude and gas in naira, this will strengthen naira.

So the foreign countries that will buy crude oil from Nigeria will collect naira? And when importing back into the country from foreign countries that have refined your crude oil sold to them, will collect Naira from you again?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten To Quit by adyam: 10:39am On Feb 16
MASTAkiLLAh:
the one happening now is what ?
inflasion
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten To Quit by elonize(m): 11:12am On Feb 16
Eriokanmi:
Tell them to expose those behind subsidy scam, also tell them to freeze dollars stashed in the various bank accounts which I doubt they'd do because it would be as good as shooting themselves in the leg. They're the ones who own most of the dollars. My friend who went and joined us army as a nurse was busy saving his money in an account with his wife. One day they blocked the money and asked why were they saving so much and untouched, asking them to come and explain. There's over 30bn USD in the various bank accounts owned by the majority of these politicians and bank directors who are their SPVs. They're our main problem. I hope the masses would be bold enough to confront them someday

Lastly, tell them to stop corruption and reduce cost of governance by a large percentage in reflection of the current economic woes. How can law makers be asking executives to release grains to the population as if that grains flow like water which can't finish? What happens once grains are exhausted from their buffer?

I was expecting them to say they'd reduce their allowances and give to the executive to import food items in a short term but none of them ever said this during their plenaries.
so sm1 can't save.dats d problem.. Dey dont want ppo out of poverty.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten To Quit by Elsueno: 11:27am On Feb 16
Angelfrost:
Why go on strike over costs of business?!!

Add the cost to your charges, so the retailers/marketers can push up their own pump prices.

Isn't that what all these are about?!! Increasing the price of petroleum products!

Abi, una dey expect special Subsidy?!!! SMH.

Nigerians should brace up... #1200 per Liter for Petrol is almost upon us. cool

Normally dats d case, but d issue is, d average Nigerian cannot afford that, unlike food, fuel isn't a necessity...even d food sef, people are abandoning expensive stuff & going for d cheapest they can get at barely enough amount to satisfy hunger!....

People just don't seem to grasp how bad things 4 us, U see, African countries have high poverty, true....BUT FOOD IS EXTREMELY CHEAP & AVAILABLE

In Nigeria on d otherhand, d food isn't even readily available due to insecurity, whats left is also very expensive due to how rapidly d naira is falling into oblivion
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten To Quit by olufeyikemi722: 11:48am On Feb 16
on your senile mandate we will standUseless Country!on your senile mandate we will standUseless Country!...
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten To Quit by ufotunang: 11:57am On Feb 16
See what APC and Tinubu has caused πŸ™„
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten To Quit by ufotunang: 11:58am On Feb 16
Nigerians miss Peter obi... Peter obi would had solved all this problems by now
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten To Quit by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 12:14pm On Feb 16
victorsola:
well keep blaming if that helps you sleep at night , since that’s what you guys are good at , but mind you blaming with not solve anything and this people wount even feel shit because na comon man go suffer and die. Simple. So the earlier you people understand that the better .
your gaslighting technique is wonderful sir, you're the one blaming but I'm the one being accused. Did you smoke meth this morning ??
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten To Quit by victorsola: 12:21pm On Feb 16
MASTAkiLLAh:
your gaslighting technique is wonderful sir, you're the one blaming but I'm the one being accused. Did you smoke meth this morning ??
am sure you know say na your parent smoke whatever you wrote up there and you still have a lot of it in your system. Go and read what you wrote before I replied. And to tell you stop smoking the thin Dey cus loss of memory.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten To Quit by emmi14: 6:04pm On Feb 16
Johnjustice:
Our naira our oil.... When will you learn that politicians have ruin patriotism?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten To Quit by emmi14: 6:07pm On Feb 16
[quote author=Iceman2017 post=128478633]Peter Obi must learn this lesson we are teaching him in a hard way.

Please oo, it's been long I left Nairaland. I want to know how these staunch supporters of APC are doing.

Do they still talk anyhow again?[/quot]
Seriously APC members cannot recharge their data. They are jobless gambling with their votes. Badly

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten To Quit by Eriokanmi: 6:28pm On Feb 16
timota:

Expose what? floating naira was a wrong decision,I use to think that buhari was dumb I didn't know that Tinubu is worse
If you read my message well, you'd know we're on same page. It was the worst of all economic decisions ever made.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Threaten To Quit by Johnjustice: 9:49pm On Feb 16
emmi14:

Our naira our oil.... When will you learn that politicians have ruin patriotism?
Defeatist mentality, if everyone is as weak and defeatist as you, we will still have slave trade today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... / Don't Tell Us Story, Show Your Achievements To Nigerians, Obi Challenges APC / SERAP To Sue FG & Udom Over Inibehe Effiong's Sentence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.