Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins (35547 Views)

Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside / EFCC Seals Off Kwankwaso’s Property In Kano / AKIRS Seals Off Guarantee Trust Bank Over Tax Default (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by Chicagograduate(m): 1:31pm On Feb 16
What about Dangote cement that is now sold for 10000k per bag?

1 Like

Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by amazinghomez09: 1:34pm On Feb 16
When a government is bereft of ideas what do you expect?it seems we are under a spell cos I wonder why we haven't hit the street on a peaceful protest..suffering and smiling country

3 Likes

Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by AmuDimpka: 1:34pm On Feb 16
Ok

Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by LegallyBlunt: 1:35pm On Feb 16
NextUK:
Obidient Igbos will still wail they should be allowed to sell at whatever price they like.
Don't be too stupid.

1 Like

Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 1:41pm On Feb 16
Awon way ray, una no serious.

Una go force person make e sell at loss ni?

2 Likes

Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by slimjohn2k5: 1:42pm On Feb 16
Let them go n crackdown on dangote cement
Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by Babalegba(m): 1:42pm On Feb 16
successmatters:
That's bad

If you didn't help this business man to subsidize his purchases and expenses, if you didn't give him the capital to set up or to operate, you have no rights to force him to sell at a particular price.

But this will always backfire, as more owners lock up or transfer their goods, or go underground, the goods will enter black market, and everyone who really needs it will pay triple the cost, at the point of death.

Buharri tried that in 1984, someone should please remind me how that matter ended?

Allow free market economy to dictate prices.
Did you read the post at all.Charging different prices to the one advertised on the shelf is illegal. I used to work at a Tesco store in London and when that happens,we have to give the items free to the customer whatever the price

3 Likes

Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by a4cube: 1:49pm On Feb 16
One phone call and a fat brown envelope what I'd sealed will be unsealed
Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by YourKarma: 1:51pm On Feb 16
kayusely70:
That's good! This one will be a big lesson for others!

Tell me exactly how it's good

1 Like

Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by ruffDiamond: 1:52pm On Feb 16
Also cross-check cost price and selling price and see a wide Criminal margin of profit or gain angry
Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by Jayhome24: 1:53pm On Feb 16
successmatters:
That's bad

If you didn't help this business man to subsidize his purchases and expenses, if you didn't give him the capital to set up or to operate, you have no rights to force him to sell at a particular price.

But this will always backfire, as more owners lock up or transfer their goods, or go underground, the goods will enter black market, and everyone who really needs it will pay triple the cost, at the point of death.

Buharri tried that in 1984, someone should please remind me how that matter ended?

See yourself? So you think hording food will ever affect Tinubu, obi or Atiku or the rich

The Fed govt are trying to help you if you say no then don't complain high food cost or hunger then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by Jimafe31: 1:53pm On Feb 16
You Obid1ots almost convinced me that Tinubu is a dumb useless old man.

Thank God I listened to him myself,

And I saw first hand by myself that the man is an epitome of excellence, astute selflessness and sagacious brilliance.

Now look at our economy, look at the Surplus food, look at the capital gains of Naira in the FX.

Look at the sanity in the populity, look at the boom of SMEs.

Look at the safety of lives and kindred. Look at our rapport with Niger and our other neighbors

Look at all the good things we would have missed.

Thank God I had a mind of my own.

Who is a Trader besides the tamer of the Atlantic Ocean?

Long Live The BAT jare.

1 Like

Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by Fawazzz: 1:56pm On Feb 16
This move is sensless

1 Like

Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by samwillyco1(m): 1:57pm On Feb 16
Confused Government
Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by Originalsly: 1:58pm On Feb 16
Let's think about this before jumping to conclusion. Any such business has a stockroom.... where they store the merchandise they sell. Why are we now saying the merchandise is being hoarded?... isn't there a difference between hoarded and stored? Now what hoarding has to do with advertising one price and charging another? If that's what is being done ... what does the law say? ... and the penalties? Does the law say anything about sealing the place of business? The FG Iis not following its own law ... but taking illegal actions against the business. Instead of enforcing the law .... the FG has taken an illegal action against the business .... and giving it a chance to comply. Kidnapping mentality in play . Let's not be quick to condemn the business and call this move by the FG a good development. The masses will suffer even more going forward because of this. If you were a businessman ... why would you risk having goods in your stockroom when the FG can run in and confiscate it all under the name of hoarding?
Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by Otolomo1(m): 1:59pm On Feb 16
But he Is doing so
Abi untill you see the president with gun untill you believe
Seefinish:
Tinubu should go after bandits who are sacking farming communities across the country thereby causing food shortage and inflation and not people's businesses

2 Likes

Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by Nawa4nl: 2:00pm On Feb 16
Who owns Sahad, an Igbo man?
Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by DatNiggaDaz: 2:02pm On Feb 16
This is a damn facist move.

Where is Cornfessor Woke Soyinka

Let him come define fascism again grin

1 Like

Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by jaxxy(m): 2:02pm On Feb 16
There is nothing like hoarding or price fixation on food unless u mean by government food vendors, distributors or agencies.

1 Like

Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by usagee36: 2:02pm On Feb 16
When will dangote cement see such faith?
Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by AK481(m): 2:03pm On Feb 16
A failed government wants to set the citizens against itself .

And they are wining because of the ronu fools

1 Like

Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by Samtob90(m): 2:04pm On Feb 16
successmatters:
That's bad

Hoarding obstructs free market and a crime against humanity. It is the responsibilty of government to deal with it.
Since you think government does not have right, you have no moral to blame government on hardship

1 Like

Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by BigIyanga: 2:04pm On Feb 16
shortgun:
Nice one.
The battle has always been the rich vs the poor.
Story. The poor keep the rich in power by their inaction and political apathy
Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by a4cube: 2:04pm On Feb 16
Johnjustice:

Always looking for the worst examples.

So you support people exploiting Nigerians with exploitative prices?

There is consumer protections act and board, if you don't want to trade as a honest dealer, then close your shop. All these enemies of the nation always praying for the worst for this country, what a pathetic bunch.
Friend of the nation that support a criminal drug addict and dealer that has turned the nation u claim to love upside down.
Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by BigIyanga: 2:07pm On Feb 16
Samtob90:

Hoarding obstructs free market and a crime against humanity. It is the responsibilty of government to deal with it.
Since you think government does not have right, you have no moral to blame government on hardship

Comprehension is your problem. No hoarding here. They changed their prices because $ prices keep going up everyday. Customs keep changing $$ value of imported goods everyday. Supermarkets sell 80% of imported products.

1 Like

Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by Okwyjesus(m): 2:09pm On Feb 16
successmatters:
That's bad

Onwu na egbu nwa nkita.....
Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by Funflipper: 2:15pm On Feb 16
bodeyX:

Allowing free market economy is one of the things causing this artificial inflation in the first place .!!!!!

You are right. A free market econony in a country like Nigeria (where we have the most corrupt, wicked, selfish and greedy people) is nothing but a recipe for disaster.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by engrfaruq(m): 2:20pm On Feb 16
Sleekfingers:

Legitimate business, deceiving customers.

Yesterday, I went to Spar in Ilupeju to buy a blender and some other essentials. The prices displayed on was different when I wanted to pay. I just dropped their shits and walked out.

But it wasn't like this before, so ask yourself what motivated that. The best way is to address the root cause of the issue.
Re: FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins by paskal16: 2:22pm On Feb 16
Wetin concern igbos for this topic nw
These Yorubas are a menace nawa o,,,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Detains Deputy Senate President Ekweremadu Over 22 Properties.. / Timipreye Sylva: How Dickson Made APC’s Victory In Bayelsa Much Easier / Senators Bamidele, Adeola, Adeyemo, Abiru, Others Visit Bola Tinubu In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.