Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure (11774 Views)

Tinubu Approves ₦35,000 Wage Award To Civil Servants / President Tinubu Approves Adjustment Of 25% Peculiar Allowance For Health Worker / Buhari Approves Immediate Suspension Of Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by joelbooks: 7:39pm On Feb 16
PRESIDENT TINUBU APPROVES IMMEDIATE UPGRADE OF KEY HEALTH INFRASTRUCTURE ACROSS NIGERIA'S SIX GEO-POLITICAL ZONES

President Bola Tinubu has approved the immediate upgrade of key health infrastructure and equipment across all six geo-political zones in line with his administration’s vision of overhauling the health and social welfare sector for enhanced service delivery to all Nigerians.

Upgrading health infrastructure and equipment is a top priority of President Tinubu's Health Sector Renewal Investment Initiative. To advance this landmark effort, the Federal Ministry of Health and Social Welfare in collaboration with the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) will carry out the comprehensive upgradation of cancer-treatment infrastructure and other critical developments in six tertiary hospitals across several geopolitical zones, in addition to the full renovation and expansion of prior investments to improve broad-based access to high-quality healthcare in all six geo-political zones of the federation.

The following teaching hospitals across geo-political zones have been marked for the establishment of oncology and nuclear medicine centres per facility as part of President Tinubu's bid to ensure that world class cancer diagnosis and care is accessible across the country:

(1) University of Benin Teaching Hospital

(2) Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital

(3) University of Nigeria (Nsukka) Teaching Hospital

(4) Federal Teaching Hospital, Katsina

(5) University of Jos Teaching Hospital

(6) Lagos University Teaching Hospital

The following ten critical health care service expansion projects across the fields of radiology, clinical pathology, medical and radiation oncology, and cardiac catheterization will be carried out in ten hospitals across all geo-political zones:

(1) North-West: Reference Hospital, Kaduna — (Radiology, clinical pathology, medical and radiation oncology)

(2) South-East: Medical Diagnostic Centre Complex, Enugu — (Radiology, clinical pathology, medical & radiation oncology)

(3) North-West: Usman Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital, Sokoto — (Diagnostic and intervention radiology, clinical pathology, and cardiac catheterization)

(4) South-West: University College Hospital, Ibadan — (Diagnostic and intervention radiology, clinical pathology, and cardiac catheterization)

(5) South-South: University of Uyo Teaching Hospital — (Radiology and clinical pathology)

(6) North-East: Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital, Bauchi — (Radiology and clinical pathology)

(7) South-South: Federal Medical Centre, Asaba — (Radiology and clinical pathology)

(cool North-Central: Harmony Advanced Diagnostic Centre Complex, Ilorin — (Radiology and clinical pathology)

(9) North-Central: Jos University Teaching Hospital — (Radiology and clinical pathology)

(10) North-East: Federal Medical Centre, Nguru — (Radiology and clinical pathology)

These critical projects, set to be delivered within 12-18 months, will improve screening and diagnostics for communicable and non-communicable diseases; reduce mortality rates and improve outcomes for non-communicable diseases; create considerable employment opportunities for clinical, administrative, and managerial personnel across Nigeria's six geo-political zones, all while building the capacity of clinical personnel in advanced procedures, diagnostics and treatment modalities, in accordance with the Renewed Hope Agenda of President Bola Tinubu.

Chief Ajuri Ngelale
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)

February 16, 2024

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by EreluRoz: 7:41pm On Feb 16
Nigerians are dying, do something fast.

Come o is this the same my asiwaju that I used to know and so much love? Asiwaju was excellent with governance, what happened to my asiwaju?

What if the likes of Obi are attacking him spiritually to fail? Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by commoditiesnig: 7:45pm On Feb 16
Very good news

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by ijustdey: 8:01pm On Feb 16

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by matify83: 8:44pm On Feb 16
The SMART acronym seem to be built into these projects.

By 18 months latest, all projects must have been completed and handed over to the various hospitals.

Nice move!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by optionalY09: 8:55pm On Feb 16
Thank you sir,

make sure you’re putting Laws in place for continuty

4 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by optionalY09: 8:56pm On Feb 16
matify83:
The SMART acronym seem to be built into these projects.

By 18 months latest, all projects must have been completed and handed over to the various hospitals.

Nice move!

Excellent timeline

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by crossfm: 9:10pm On Feb 16
Hehehe.

No be person wa see food chop da go hospital grin cheesy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by TheRealMalcolmX(m): 9:11pm On Feb 16
undecided

Anything that'll move the nation forward is a welcome development.

10 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by honestivo(m): 9:11pm On Feb 16
Too many policy statements no impact

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by fiercehillz(m): 9:11pm On Feb 16
Pluto Presido

Na statistics we go chop🤣🤣🤣

Recruit 50 million youths🤣🤣🤣

Tinubu will take care of the economy while Shetima will handle security 🤣🤣🤣

13 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by PussyOdour(m): 9:11pm On Feb 16
shocked

Most føolish useless president ever .

I never supported this thing, but despite the fact that I didn't support him, I was always defending him then , that this fool can never be worst than that skinny daura drunkard, but I am surprised that this iragbiji mad man is 100 times useless than the daura drunkard.

13 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by Edoreborn: 9:11pm On Feb 16
And small time e go run go France for recharge..

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by RepoMan007: 9:13pm On Feb 16
If i say contract, you say time!
Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by edungene7: 9:13pm On Feb 16
After Peter obi's criticizism yesterday in Abuja just imagine this Emilokan government sha

Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by owiko(m): 9:13pm On Feb 16
S
Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:13pm On Feb 16
No be to order immediate talk for mouth o.....make them take action fast fast....
Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by saintjimos(m): 9:14pm On Feb 16
People were hunger wan kill ?
Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by ppogba: 9:14pm On Feb 16
Normal avenue to chop money.

Same LUTH that was upgraded by OBJ?

Same upgraded UCH that was commissioned by Osinbajo few weeks to the end of the Buhari tenure?

What is the definition of the upgrade?

Don't quote me if you have nothing reasonable to say.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by omenka1: 9:15pm On Feb 16
As all the big pharmaceutical companies don japa which drugs go come dey the health infrastructures...common man cannot afford medications any longer.
Master strategist trying hard to build 9ja
Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by 89green: 9:16pm On Feb 16
So how much was approved

I just want to check sumtin
Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by ShugaSneh: 9:17pm On Feb 16
Kk
Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by 2pak(m): 9:17pm On Feb 16
EreluRoz:

Come o is this the same my asiwaju that I used to know and so much love? Asiwaju was excellent with governance, what happened to my asiwaju?

What if the likes of Obi are attacking him spiritually to fail? Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Excellent where?

Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by Alliswell248: 9:17pm On Feb 16
PussyOdour:
shocked

Most føolish useless president ever .

I never supported this thing, but despite the fact that I didn't support him, I was always defending him then , that this fool can never be worst than that skinny daura drunkard, but I am surprised that this iragbiji mad man is 100 times useless than the daura drunkard.

Your parents really did a great job on you. At least they taught you to call elders fools....

Say thank you to them....

8 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by omenka1: 9:17pm On Feb 16
EreluRoz:

What if the likes of Obi are attacking him spiritually to fail? Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

I smell this ur comment is only but to get Some likes n mentions

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by Alliswell248: 9:19pm On Feb 16
ppogba:
Normal avenue to chop money.

Same LUTH that was upgraded by OBJ?

Same upgraded UCH that was commissioned by Osinbajo few weeks to the end of the Buhari tenure?

What is the definition of the upgrade?

Don't quote me if you have nothing reasonable to say.

When.....which department?

You said obj....

Common sense is not common.

5 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by lexy2014: 9:19pm On Feb 16
EreluRoz:

how was Tinubu excellent with governance?

how are the likes of Obi attacking Tinubu spiritually to fail?

am thinking what you are thinking. what are you thinking?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by Ejiakusmith(m): 9:20pm On Feb 16
Get out fool with your backwards & primitive useless thought........ Obi no see who to pray bad prayer na this ur cocaine-mandate theif na e go the pray for ??

EreluRoz:

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by Wiseman2y(m): 9:20pm On Feb 16
Tinubu has nothing meaningful to offer this nation, he is such a glorified slowpoke.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure by KingDash09(m): 9:21pm On Feb 16
This man sef

Me my own make them make yahoo legal make I Dey press phone in public in peace

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Minimum Wage, Maximum Trouble / Buhari Conferred With Traditional Title In Kebbi / FG Owes 79% Of N20tr Domestic Debts, As Lagos Leads States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.