Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,326 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (16627 Views)

Truck Falls On Car, Claims Three Lives In Ondo / Auto Crash Claims Four Lives In Ondo / Odonla Ilaje, Ondo: A Village That Lives On Water But Can Barely Get Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by NaijaCover(m): 7:58pm On Feb 17
A traffic collision in the early hours of Saturday claimed three lives around Mowe, along the Lagos-Ibadan expressway.

The details of the tragedy were contained in a statement by the spokesperson of the Ogun State Sector Command of the Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, Florence Okpe, who blamed the accident on dangerous driving.

According to her, the FRSC rescue team tried to save the lives of the driver and two passengers, but the trio could not make it due to the impact of the injury.

Okpe further said that their remains had been deposited at the Idera morgue, Sagamu.

“The FRSC operatives at Mowe carried out a rescue operation at about 0107 hours on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway around Mowe, involving two vehicles (trucks) with registration number T-15636LA Bluebird and a HowoTruck with no number on it.

“Three persons were involved, all male adults, and they were all killed by the container that fell and rested on the occupants of the HOWO truck. The suspected cause of the crash was dangerous driving and loss of control,” she added.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/17/auto-crash-claims-three-lives-on-lagos-ibadan-expressway-2/

4 Likes

Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by NaijaCover(m): 7:59pm On Feb 17
Only Almighty God will continue to guide us

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Benia: 7:59pm On Feb 17
Bad news again

2 Likes

Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by NaijaCover(m): 8:01pm On Feb 17
Benia:
Bad news again

Na So, We Take See Am
Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by matify83: 8:18pm On Feb 17
Is there no way these containers can be secured firmly on trucks without them falling off?

What happened to the laudable ideas of siting inland dry ports (IDP) and linking them via rail lines from Apapa port?

There was one proposed for Erunmu - Ibadan that time. Don't know if it kicked off or is functional.

The continued presence of these trailers on our roads will continue to constitute a risk and hazard to all road users.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Jennyclay(f): 10:01pm On Feb 17
Rip to the departed souls sad

I make use of flight if I want to travel this period.

I’m not used to traveling on out bad roads that causes accidents everyday and I also don’t have over #60 million to pay for ransom undecided.

Honestly, Nigeria make me sick undecided. Especially the men in it sad

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by ValCon888: 2:32am On Feb 18
These are needless, unnecessary deaths. The FRSC has to make it compulsory for trucks to secure cargo with harnesses as its done in a sane society.

The government should also pass legislation making it a criminal offense for heavy-duty trucks to carry cargo without adequately securing the truck bed.

These are the types of law the government should pass but they're busy trying to ban social media and sports betting that's the only hope of the common man.

15 Likes

Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by SAdock: 5:56am On Feb 18
Rip to the dead. God will guide and protect our coming in and going out . 🙏🙏🙏
Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by RainMoreDFARMS(f): 5:58am On Feb 18
It is well
Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by karzyharsky(m): 6:16am On Feb 18
Rip
Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Talkisneeded: 6:23am On Feb 18
Rip to the dead
Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Niyonice(m): 6:24am On Feb 18
Rip
Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Westerhoffe(m): 6:41am On Feb 18
Some truck drivers along Lagos Ibadan Expressway drive with evil intentions. Imagine one trying to kill us because we overtook him and his other truck driver colleague while they were battling it out with road rage?

If not for GOD, he would have killed us that day and blamed it on brake failure.
He left his colleague and started chasing us, trying to knock us off the road which had ditch on both our left and right sides.

He attempted the precision immobilization technique 3 good times but failed.

Since then, my views changed about truck drivers.

6 Likes

Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by TreasureJunky: 6:55am On Feb 18
When wicked leader is in power, it's only evil and wicked things that will be happening. Cos negative power attracts negativities
Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by fapcrook(m): 7:03am On Feb 18
Jennyclay:

I’m not used to traveling on out bad roads that causes accidents everyday and I also don’t have over #60 million to pay for ransom undecided.

Honestly, Nigeria make me sick undecided

We understand you. You’re better off financially I think. Not everybody does. Not everywhere has airports. Not every destination deserves travelling by air. Corruption is a cancer that has eaten too deep into us

4 Likes

Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by callmevirus(m): 7:11am On Feb 18
Nothing concern me but E dey mind

Rip to dead
Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by CHIOMAEZEH: 7:24am On Feb 18
Rip....Na so I see one for Abuja the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJAafj9U6Ao
Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by NaijaSumigan: 7:33am On Feb 18
Jennyclay:

That's good to hear. Thanks for the information
Honestly, Nigeria make me sick undecided
Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Abolodje: 8:01am On Feb 18
Jennyclay:

Honestly, Nigeria make me sick undecided. Especially the men in it sad
Shut up you old fool, you don’t matter

1 Like

Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Timoleon(m): 8:13am On Feb 18
ValCon888:
These are needless, unnecessary deaths. The FRSC has to make it compulsory for trucks to secure cargo with harnesses as its done in a sane society.

The government should also pass legislation making it a criminal offense for heavy-duty trucks to carry cargo without adequately securing the truck bed.

These are the types of law the government should pass but they're busy trying to ban social media and sports betting that's the only hope of the common man.

The law exists. This is a collision accident, it says so in the very first line of the article. Even in the USA, thousands die yearly to truck accidents. Every happening in the country should not be an indictment on the government.

2 Likes

Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Offpoint1: 10:45am On Feb 18
ValCon888:

Strapping a laden Truck won't stop it from falling if driven carelessly. The issues lies with the reckless truckers. These guys drive trunks with reckless abundance.
You'll see a fully loaded container trying climb pedestrian side walk, road divider and so on.

1 Like

Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by pejuakinab: 12:22pm On Feb 18
This guy was involved
Sam or something..now trending on x
Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by MasterTeeUSA: 2:00pm On Feb 18
what I don't understand is why we still drive recklessly...only someone alive makes it to final destination...when you see a truck, slow down and wait for a good time to pass...or don't pass at all. Sleeping Kills

matify83:
Is there no way these containers can be secured firmly on trucks without them falling off?

What happened to the laudable ideas of siting inland dry ports (IDP) and linking them via rail lines from Apapa port?

There was one proposed for Erunmu - Ibadan that time. Don't know if it kicked off or is functional.

The continued presence of these trailers on our roads will continue to constitute a risk and hazard to all road users.

1 Like

Re: Auto Crash Claims Three Lives On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by nautybride: 3:18pm On Feb 18
cry
They out of the peculiar mess of the peculiar country!

(1) (Reply)

2 Dead, 8 Injured In An Accident Along Akure-owo Road / Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja / Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.