Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel (16645 Views)

Photos: Travellers Stranded In Benin/Asaba Express Way Gridlock / The Pathetic Condition Of Nigerian & Black African Migrants Stranded In Morocco / Dual Nationality Nigeria/uk Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Jmkheart: 11:55am On Sep 09, 2012
Over 190 Air Nigeria passengers arrived Gatwick Airport 8:30 yesterday morning to fly back home ...and for 8 hours, they were stranded at the airport. The travelers were informed of lack of 'fuel' to fly the aircraft to Lagos, and were told to contribute extra £40 each for purchase of 'Aviation Fuel!

Eventually, the plane left Gatwick airport at 4:30 pm and arrived Nigeria at about 12:30 early this morning.

After spending extra hours before leaving Gatwick for Lagos, and arrived way past midnight, passengers were shocked to be informed to come back for their luggage!

A lot of them are so mad about what they went through yesterday and are planning to sue the airline company and it's chairman, Jimoh Ibrahim. Got this info first hand from passengers aboard the aircraft last night.

From tomorrow Monday September 10th, Air Nigeria will no longer fly...for at least a year.

http://www.todaysnigeria.com/2012/09/air-nigeria-passengers-stranded-for.html
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by omega25red(m): 1:47pm On Sep 09, 2012
Please tell me this really didn't happen. 40 pounds? Lol
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 09, 2012
Has Jimoh Ibrahim gone broke? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by blackmale(m): 3:52pm On Sep 09, 2012
i cant believe this,, is like jimoh ibrahim " TI LANA"......

2 Likes

Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by mrkels(m): 4:01pm On Sep 09, 2012
This is some funny sh*it. grin Them dey do offering for airport too? Hian!!! Pay additional 40 pounds for avialtion fuel.
Aviation fuel ko Petrol ni mtcheeewwwwww
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 09, 2012
Which is why I don't sponsor all these Nigerian airlines when travelling internationally. A bunch of unprofessional idiots.

2 Likes

Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by richeyy(m): 4:07pm On Sep 09, 2012
What a shame?!
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by ifyalways(f): 4:08pm On Sep 09, 2012
They are lucky, they got back in one piece. Hope they'll recover their lugages though.

Its obvious there won't be any refund for people that got advance tickets.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by martyns303(m): 4:21pm On Sep 09, 2012
see how people are risking their own lives? an airline asked you to contribute money to buy A1, what else is not inorder that your not aware of?

1 Like

Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by lehsi: 4:22pm On Sep 09, 2012
Yeepa...£40.... And untop come back for my luggage. grin.......well even almighty Richard Branson couldn't run a business successfully in Nigeria (virgin Nigeria packd up). grin....well, up Naija again...jimoh the goal scorer this time....una turn plane to "dawo dawo"...JWO O.......when it's not keke napep cheesy.....
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Ryabcool(m): 4:24pm On Sep 09, 2012
Highest degree of insult by an airline to it's customers! I thought the normal cost of a flight ticket partly entails money for fuel? Which kind of illegal extortion is this? I think each of the customers should sue the airline 100million each! Companies abroad who make much lesser atrocities get screwed by lawsuits in which they lose in courts! They should hire a SAN and Sue those mofos to the high heavens!!!!
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by alaoeri: 4:25pm On Sep 09, 2012
And ppl were criticising Julius agwu when he complained abt being stranded, now what 'll they say to this. undecided
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Delejumi(m): 4:29pm On Sep 09, 2012
That is Nigerians rich people for you
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Nightshift(m): 4:30pm On Sep 09, 2012
Why is the airline still running its advertisement on CNN ? I saw it yesterday on the network, though it seems the airline is bankrupt already . By 2020, Ethiopian Airline ( 100% govt owned) is projecting to increase its annual revenue to $20 billion ! When shall Nigeria be able to manage a company successfully ?
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 09, 2012
#smh* undecided
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 09, 2012
A whole national carrier won't fly again? NIGERIA IS DOOMED!!!
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 09, 2012
not suprised undecided
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by 2mch(m): 4:35pm On Sep 09, 2012
Was it not announced that they should go to the nearest office to get a refund. So why are they camping at the airport. undecided. Why not rebook a flight on a different carrier and go to your agent for a refund?
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by MrNigeria2(m): 4:35pm On Sep 09, 2012
nawa o, this post is embarrassed!

1 Like

Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by violent(m): 4:37pm On Sep 09, 2012
Anyone will expect that in a civilized society, an airline with an iota of shame may be embarrassed enough to have kept their customers waiting for 8 hours, but not these disgraceful lots. They were happy to show off their dirty undergarments to the world by fleecing their customers of money for aviation fuel shocked ....Could anything have been anymore shameful than this?

The other embarrassing bit was the fact that people sheeple were so stupid, they allowed themselves to be fleeced of their money and still flew with a careless airline that couldn't make enough provision for money for aviation fuel shocked ..i can't even think of a number of things that could go wrong!

why wasn't this airline reported to aviation authorities while it was still at Gatwick? It may have been grounded and forced to pay some heavy compensations.

2 Likes

Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Sunofgod(m): 4:39pm On Sep 09, 2012
My uncle once told me - 'When it comes to flying, never use a 'Black' Airline!

I thought it was a messed up statement at the time but have come to see the wisdom behind what he said.

My advise to Nigerians flying abroad - Use an oyibo airline like Air France, British Airways, Lufthansa, etc.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by hannydarl(f): 4:41pm On Sep 09, 2012
See why we should patronize Nigerian products and services. Cos they offer the best quality.

1 Like

Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by publisher(m): 4:43pm On Sep 09, 2012
It seems every business Jimoh Ibrahim touches ends up in the toilet. Global Fleet, NN24 and now Air Nigeria. My question is how does this Jimoh Ibrahim man keep emerging as MD/CEO of huge Nigerian companies? I heard he's even in charge of NICON. Who is he fvcking, or who is fvcking him? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Cupidkc(m): 4:45pm On Sep 09, 2012
Thank God the aircraft landed safely.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by Opoki(m): 4:48pm On Sep 09, 2012
This post has been hidden
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by r231(m): 4:55pm On Sep 09, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by omenziate(m): 4:58pm On Sep 09, 2012
Flabbergasted, to say the least. Make I confirm the tori first.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by bacco2000(m): 5:02pm On Sep 09, 2012
Cupidkc: Thank God the aircraft landed safely.
we thank God they landed safely sha.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by bodejohn(m): 5:17pm On Sep 09, 2012
berem: A whole national carrier won't fly again? NIGERIA IS DOOMED!!!

I think the national carrier is Arik, all the same it is a huge disgrace if this is true.
Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by lukzy500: 5:18pm On Sep 09, 2012
£40 dats crazyyyyyy.jimoh tii lana ooooooooooooo.

Re: Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel by dridowu: 5:19pm On Sep 09, 2012
Ds man called jimoh ibrahim always being proud anytime anyday..................,now he want dm to contribute £40 for fuel...................easy way to do 419 ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Groups Of People You Encounter In A Public Transport / Capetown, South Africa / Requirements For Starting A Driving School Business – FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.