Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,914 members, 7,810,511 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market (32316 Views)

Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market / Lagos Shuts Down Alaba International Market / OLX Shuts Down Office In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by Jayhome24: 9:37pm On Feb 17
Ofodirinwa:
given the economic situation, they should postpone these market closings and renovations. No point disciplining a dying dog

But Soludo can closed shops in Anambra with same dying dog according to you and it's fine but very wrong in Lagos ba

I had repeatedly said this over and over anyone not please with Lagos decision go back to your state its no by force to stay in Lagos.

Pls Lagos govt after the expiration of the 2 days any shop that fails to move out of the pathway bulldoze them all.

Thanks.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by labake1(f): 9:37pm On Feb 17
In as much as it is for their own good

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by onuman: 9:37pm On Feb 17
Wielding power. We go show you say na we get Lagos. Una be strangers. That's all.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by EverythingPhone(m): 9:37pm On Feb 17
Eko o gba gba kugba
Literary means Lagos does not tolerate nonsense
Anything to move Lagos forward is a welcome development

Meanwhile I track lost or stolen phones or devices at a fee contact me via siggy below

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by Gajagojo: 9:38pm On Feb 17
FamTomx2:
Igbo people it's time to go home. Anambra can be next Lagos if we all come back together and invest there.

Go to Omobara (Aguleri, Umureli and Nando) axis you see wonders there
2.30 fe lu

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by Kay25(m): 9:39pm On Feb 17
greenermodels:
All these actions would only increase unemployment and poverty in the state because it's where breadwinners are eking out the livelihood for their families.
And have u tot of the other sides effects too?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by Abufo: 9:39pm On Feb 17
JayTripz:
Omoooo

Na that same Mandilaz for CMS abi??

Omo one guy follow me tire the last time I go that market...he just de carry me go stupid shops to buy jeans...I just tire dash am 200 Naira make he leave me alone

rubbish talk! wetin carry you go market.......you for go paris or dubai nah!
Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:39pm On Feb 17
FreeStuffsNG:
The enforcement exercise followed the expiration of the 14-day self-removal notice earlier given by the state government to the traders to remove their wares and shops from the roads, especially around Mandalas on Lagos Island.
They were given advance notice yet they ignored it. Smh.

That place used to have some measure of sanity during the administration of BRF but now, it's like the old Oshodi BRF cleared. You dare not try this nonsense during the tenure of Eko o ni baje Babatunde Raji Fashola( SAN).

I lend my voice to the appeal of Lagos State Government to these traders, please remove your wares from the road setback for smooth flow of traffic.

God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
Thunder is at d corner waiting 4 u!
Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by Ashawoman82: 9:42pm On Feb 17
JayTripz:
Omoooo

Omo one guy follow me tire the last time I go that market...he just de carry me go stupid shops to buy jeans...I just tire dash am 200 Naira make he leave me alone
na their business be that.
Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by JayTripz(m): 9:43pm On Feb 17
Abufo:

rubbish talk! wetin carry you go market.......you for go paris or dubai nah!

Ohh okay..Na you be the guy? Sorry Boss....I later see better jeans buy... thanks

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by Proudlyomonna: 9:43pm On Feb 17
FamTomx2:
Igbo people it's time to go home. Anambra can be next Lagos if we all come back together and invest there.

Why are You mentioning Igbo people??

Yes the majority people who run business in Madilas are Igbos but there are Yorubas too selling there and peeps from other tribes.

Most people who run textiles business in Madilas are Yorubas.

Don't worry about my Igbo brothers,anyi bu Odogwu nothing breaks that Igbo spirit,minus Lagos,Minus SW check the Igbo communities in other states even in the North,We do well to bring in real game as long as business is concerned, which in turn leads to competition and zeal of the indegenous people to raise their standards too.

I have a Togolese customer,she is of the opinion that Igbo men makes their husbands and men hustle better and harder grin don't lump Igbo into your nonsense tupu amadioha ga pko gi oku,focus on your terrorist bandit uncles stealing and kidnapping full community.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by Earthquakes: 9:44pm On Feb 17
accordadoga23:
Hehehe

Báàyí là ń se nílé wa, èwò ibò míì ni.....

Anybody not pleased with this development, can vacate Lagos and the entire SW

Hehehe poor people like you will never understand the impact of this your type of statement because you feel everything is about tribe.
At least I have two people that wanted to buy a house in Lagos (over 100m) so they can shortlet but moved it to away because of the stupidity of last election.
Ofcourse you will say they should go because you don’t have the money so you don’t know the impact smiles

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by KosiGee(m): 9:45pm On Feb 17
JayTripz:
Omoooo

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.

But he didn’t have you on leash. You chose to follow him.
Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by ipobarecriminals: 9:49pm On Feb 17
lipsrsealed embarassed those traders especially the hairy biabia cool one,the popular lefuledum,the legos,the Akube sad lipsrsealed cheesy grin peepz are very stubborn. Make I see weda dem go agree for anybody or not cool grin

AlhajiCSO grin grin cheesy, go remof ur 2/2 kiosk angry

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by Benwallt(m): 9:50pm On Feb 17
greenermodels:
All these actions would only increase unemployment and poverty in the state because it's where breadwinners are eking out the livelihood for their families.

Everything Na food, food and food. Shior!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by FamTomx2(m): 9:51pm On Feb 17
Proudlyomonna:

Why are You mentioning Igbo people??

Yes the majority people who run business in Madilas are Igbos but there are Yorubas too selling there and peeps from other tribes.

Most people who run textiles business in Madilas are Yorubas.

Don't worry about my Igbo brothers,anyi bu Odogwu nothing breaks that Igbo spirit,minus Lagos,Minus SW check the Igbo communities in other states even in the North,We do well to bring in real game as long as business is concerned, which in turn leads to competition and zeal of the indegenous people to raise their standards too.

I have a Togolese customer,she is of the opinion that Igbo men makes their husbands and men hustle better and harder grin don't lump Igbo into your nonsense tupu amadioha ga pko gi oku,focus on your terrorist bandit uncles stealing and kidnapping full community.

That incurable tormenting sickness that infested your brain years back has gotten a remedy vaccine grin DM me if you like.

When I see an Igbo man I can relate, so STFU.
Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by Okoroawusa: 9:51pm On Feb 17
SoNature:

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to a public discussion, allow those who do to make useful comments. You must not comment.
Chimooo! Wetin I do now bikokwanu?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by Guest911: 9:55pm On Feb 17
What with everything getting bannned closed shutdown in Nigeria

Where does it stop? This is some artificial economic hardship created by certain individuals
Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by FreeStuffsNG: 9:58pm On Feb 17
Earthquakes:

Hmmm.

My advice to anyone who wants to invest is to invest in a place that you love and you love the people who own the land. There's no way the land can bless you if you hate the owners of the land. It doesn't matter whether it's Lagos or anywhere else.

It's going to be a futile effort and unproductive investment anyways so it's better they take their money elsewhere to a place they love and love the owners of the land.

Lagos is in the best of hands so will not miss them and if they stop hating the Yoruba owners of Lagos, they will be welcomed back to Lagos, the Start Up capital of Africa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by nedekid: 10:00pm On Feb 17
greenermodels:
Surely blocking the roads is not helping matters.
Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by OkukoIgbo: 10:00pm On Feb 17
The rain is at our doorstep, a very nice proactive initiative by the stakeholders to mitigate the effects of flooding; also, there are so many illegal and unregulated structures that needs to be demolished.
Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by MamaletASO: 10:02pm On Feb 17
Fake things full this place...

And the price is always high...

Buy things there and use for two months, it will fade off as if you ve used it for 20years

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by ubee(m): 10:08pm On Feb 17
I have often wondered and asked folks during discussions why we are never able to enforce laws - (civil laws in particular) in this country.

If you go through the history of this Mandillas issue, you'll definitely see that this is like the millionth time that government has to take action to rid the walkways and streets of the illegal structures.

After a month or so (and even possibly few weeks) the illegal trading and structures will return.

We are not a serious people in Nigeria
Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by lendahand(m): 10:11pm On Feb 17
FamTomx2:

wonders like?
Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by Realtruth2023: 10:13pm On Feb 17
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm.

My advice to anyone who wants to invest is to invest in a place that you love and you love the people who own the land. There's no way the land can bless you if you hate the owners of the land. It doesn't matter whether it's Lagos or anywhere else.

It's going to be a futile effort and unproductive investment anyways so it's better they take their money elsewhere to a place they love and love the owners of the land.

Lagos is in the best of hands so will not miss them and if they stop hating the Yoruba owners of Lagos, they will be welcomed back to Lagos, the Start Up capital of Africa.

Oga when will you stop being divisive and spreading bigotry and hatred? Igbos have been in Lagos long before this divisive wicked people that you support came in since 1999 and they have been flourishing. We are having a sinking economy because of the disastrous policies of Tinubu, yet this is all you can post. Shame on you. Last year $3.1b came in as FDI to Nigeria the lowest since 2003. And you been displaying outdated stats on the investment destination of Lagos, hiding the fact that numerous businesses have closed down in this same Lagos everyday because of the disastrous policies of Tinubu's administration.
Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by Menclothing: 10:13pm On Feb 17
Nigerians don’t obey simple law that’s why the country is jagajaga and other country don’t like us

We tend not to do things according

How can a sane human sell in btw roads and call it hustle only in this shit hole
Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by Realtruth2023: 10:15pm On Feb 17
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm.

Johannesburg has since displaced Lagos as the startup capital. It is hightime you tell people the truth and stop the lies. Check 2023 Q4 data Lagos is no longer the startup capital of Africa.
Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by YourKarma: 10:15pm On Feb 17
FamTomx2:

Na small small, Igbos will com back to the East. I'm even partly happy with the persecution they're experiencing in Lagos. Every other tribe claim to be nationalists but Igbos are the only true nationalist tribe in this shithole and that's the reason these people talk nonsense about u especially when it comes to Lagos. It's only an Igbo man who will spend billions of naira building a mansion in another region.

Last thing wey I go do na to site any building anywhere outside my SE. If need be, I can always rent but to build, Never

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by Realtruth2023: 10:16pm On Feb 17
ubee:
I have often wondered and asked folks during discussions why we are never able to enforce laws - (civil laws in particular) in this country.

If you go through the history of this Mandillas issue, you'll definitely see that this is like the millionth time that government has to take action to rid the walkways and streets of the illegal structures.

After a month or so (and even possibly few weeks) the illegal trading and structures will return.

We are not a serious people in Nigeria

The same Local govt officials will still collect tolls from the same people using illegal trading structures so who is deceiving who?
Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by FreeStuffsNG: 10:16pm On Feb 17
Realtruth2023:

You really don't get it so don't bother. Any one taking investment to a place, whether it is Lagos or not Lagos, love the land and the owners of the land so that their land will bless you and your investment.
If you hate British people, don't invest in Britain because you will lose all your investments las las!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by Realtruth2023: 10:23pm On Feb 17
FreeStuffsNG:
You really don't get it so don't bother. Any one taking investment to a place, whether it is Lagos or not Lagos, love the land and the owners of the land so that their land will bless you and your investment.
If you hate British people, don't invest in Britain because you will lose all your investments las las!

Oga.please be quiet. People love the land, you people just want to sell a political agenda. What crime did the igbos commit other than exercise their right to vote? Is it by force to vote APC? Oga Park well abeg, you should be ashamed of the rubbish you churn out.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Mandilas Market by Proudlyomonna: 10:23pm On Feb 17
FamTomx2:

That incurable tormenting sickness that infested your brain years back has gotten a remedy vaccine grin DM me if you like.

When I see an Igbo man I can relate, so STFU.

Hahahaha how can You relate grin grin
You are not even a Nigerian,how then can You relate with anything that concerns Igbo cheesy cheesy grin grin

Useless shameless Tribally bigoted deadthing use your own tribe to do your Tribal hate rubbish.

Sebi you been dey form troll,you don jam cruise, anywhere I see you mention that word Igbo I go come for your bororo bandit terrorist infested head. grin as Israel dey come for your terrorist Hamas uncles head.

No seke na im you collect grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Money Was Wrongfully Transfered Into My Account, What Should I Do? Pls Advise / Photos Of Ariaria Market, Aba After Heavy Downpour Yesterday / Customers Sitting On The Floor At Access Bank In Yola (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.