Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,736 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Studying The Word Of God Properly. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Studying The Word Of God Properly. (271 Views)

Terhemen Anongo: Man Castrates Self to serve God properly / I Found An Interesting Scripture While Studying The Bible. / I Have Been Secretly Studying The Bible - Muslim Girl Reveal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Studying The Word Of God Properly. by ProudNigerian01: 9:08am On Feb 18
Daily exercise, morning, afternoon and night:

The word of God is spirit and life that gives the same, meaning, each time you read the word of God properly, the Spirit and life of God enters into you (John.6.63 - It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life).

Going through the word of God shouldn't be like reading a novel or any other book. It must be done with all seriousness and openness of heart (free your heart from sadness, pain and sinful thoughts).

Prepare yourself to receive from God and learn. Get a pen to take down notes. Pray before you begin. Read it slowly and attentively.

After reading it in that manner, Try and go over what you just read by heart and commit it to memory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studying The Word Of God Properly. by ProudNigerian01: 7:23am On Mar 02
Study the word today.

1 Like

Re: Studying The Word Of God Properly. by Kobojunkie: 7:38am On Mar 02
ProudNigerian01:
■ Daily exercise, morning, afternoon and night:
The word of God is spirit and life that gives the same, meaning, each time you read the word of God properly, the Spirit and life of God enters into you (John.6.63 - It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life).
Going through the word of God shouldn't be like reading a novel or any other book. It must be done with all seriousness and openness of heart (free your heart from sadness, pain and sinful thoughts).
Prepare yourself to receive from God and learn. Get a pen to take down notes. Pray before you begin. Read it slowly and attentively.
After reading it in that manner, Try and go over what you just read by heart and commit it to memory.
Your many mogs and pastors--- all of your religious leaders --- speak of how they too supposedly study the Scripture morning, noon and night too but their every words are laced with lies which many of them have successfully used to build for themselves kingdoms here on earth while their followers continue to pine for a better life someday in heaven promised by their gods of men. grin

Reading the book is not the answer. Look around you in the religious sphere to realize this that so many already more than understand. undecided
Re: Studying The Word Of God Properly. by ProudNigerian01: 9:12am On Mar 02
Kobojunkie:
Your many mogs and pastors--- all of your religious leaders --- speak of how they too supposedly study the Scripture morning, noon and night too but their every words are laced with lies which many of them have successfully used to build for themselves kingdoms here on earth while their followers continue to pine for a better life someday in heaven promised by their gods of men. grin

Reading the book is not the answer. Look around you in the religious sphere to realize this that so many already more than understand. undecided
I like you Kobojunkie, You are very pertinacious. You'd make a good freedom fighter.

Try and join Politics for the right cause, you will command a cult following like President Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Studying The Word Of God Properly. by Kobojunkie: 2:33pm On Mar 02
ProudNigerian01:
■ I like you Kobojunkie, You are very pertinacious. You'd make a good freedom fighter.
Try and join Politics for the right cause, you will command a cult following like President Buhari.
Politics is for liars like all of your pastors and mogs. They chose to rule in religion because they know they won't cut it in a world with so much competition from everywhere else. undecided
Re: Studying The Word Of God Properly. by ProudNigerian01: 2:37pm On Mar 02
Kobojunkie:
Politics is for liars like all of your pastors and mogs. They chose to rule in religion because they know they won't cut it in a world with so much competition from everywhere else. undecided
Well that makes for a great opportunity to change the narrative.

2 Likes

Re: Studying The Word Of God Properly. by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On Mar 02
ProudNigerian01:
■ Well that makes for a great opportunity to change the narrative.
Surely you don't believe it's all pastors and politicians that are liars?
Yes, they all are. I have never ever met a politician who never had to lie to save himself, his position or his pocket. Those who tried not to ended up failures. undecided

As for pastors and mogs, Jesus Christ Himself called them false prophets and false teachers. After all, He alone is the Prophet and Teacher sent by God to His flock. All those who pretend to occupy the seat with Him are frauds. undecided
Re: Studying The Word Of God Properly. by ProudNigerian01: 2:52pm On Mar 02
Kobojunkie:
Yes, they all are. I have never ever met a politician who never had to lie to save himself, his position or his pocket. Those who tried not to ended up failures. undecided

As for pastors and mogs, Jesus Christ Himself called them false prophets and false teachers. After all, He alone is the Prophet and Teacher sent by God to His flock. All those who pretend to occupy the seat with Him are frauds. undecided

So you don't want to change the narrative?

You prefer to see people being deceived and lied to?

Why is that?

2 Likes

Re: Studying The Word Of God Properly. by Kobojunkie: 3:00pm On Mar 02
ProudNigerian01:
■ So you don't want to change the narrative? You prefer to see people being deceived and lied to? Why is that?
Change what narrative? Also, has it ever occurred to you that maybe people like being lied to? undecided
Re: Studying The Word Of God Properly. by ProudNigerian01: 3:18pm On Mar 02
Kobojunkie:
Change what narrative? Also, has it ever occurred to you that maybe people like being lied to? undecided
So it suits you to do nothing?

If people like being lied to so there is no point trying to tell them the truth? So no need to correct or stop the lie?

For a while you have made it a duty to comment on religious threads, supposedly correcting errors.

Why have you been doing that? As apparently you have no business or interest in changing the narrative on people being told the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Studying The Word Of God Properly. by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Mar 02
ProudNigerian01:
■ So it suits you to do nothing? If people like being lied to so there is no point trying to tell them the truth? So no need to correct or stop the lie?
■ For a while you have made it a duty to comment on religious threads, supposedly correcting errors. Why have you been doing that? As apparently you have no business or interest in changing the narrative on people being told the truth.
1. People will always seek out what they truly want and desire. That the majority desire lies does not mean there are not a few who seek the Truth and nothing but. lipsrsealed

2. I do it because I hate the lies spewed in the name of the God of Israel and His Son, Jesus Christ. I am not here to change the world but rather to do as my God commands me to do. lipsrsealed
Re: Studying The Word Of God Properly. by ProudNigerian01: 3:41pm On Mar 02
Kobojunkie:
1. People will always seek out what they truly want and desire. That the majority desire lies does not mean there are not a few who seek the Truth and nothing but. lipsrsealed

2. I do it because I hate the lies spewed in the name of the God of Israel and His Son, Jesus Christ. I am not here to change the world but rather to do as my God commands me to do. lipsrsealed
You said all men of God and politicians are liars, does that include you as a man of your God?
Re: Studying The Word Of God Properly. by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Mar 02
ProudNigerian01:
■ You said all men of God and politicians are liars, does that include you as a man of your God?
I am not of any religion neither am I a man of God. I am simply a servant with a mandate to obey my master. lipsrsealed
Re: Studying The Word Of God Properly. by ProudNigerian01: 3:47pm On Mar 02
Kobojunkie:
I am not of any religion neither am I a man of God. I am simply a servant with a mandate to obey my master. lipsrsealed
If all the men of God in Nigeria say they do not belong to any religion but have a mandate to obey their master, will that mean they are no longer liars?
Re: Studying The Word Of God Properly. by Kobojunkie: 3:50pm On Mar 02
ProudNigerian01:
■ If all the men of God in Nigeria say they do not belong to any religion but have a mandate to obey their master, will that mean they are no longer liars?
Nope! Rather, your mogs and pastors claim they serve the God of Israel through His Son, Jesus Christ, yet their every action speaks otherwise. Jesus Christ said that by their fruits you shall know those who belong to Him and those who do not. Jesus Christ gave His followers about 100 laws and teachings to live by. Your gods of men there blatantly violate those laws and teachings of Jesus Christ with almost every word they speak and every action they take using the name of Jesus Christ. That is what makes them liars! lipsrsealed
Re: Studying The Word Of God Properly. by ProudNigerian01: 4:12pm On Mar 02
Kobojunkie:
Nope! Rather, your mogs and pastors claim they serve the God of Israel through His Son, Jesus Christ, yet their every action speaks otherwise. Jesus Christ said that by their fruits you shall know those who belong to Him and those who do not. Jesus Christ gave His followers about 100 laws and teachings to live by. Your gods of men there blatantly violate those laws and teachings of Jesus Christ with almost every word they speak and every action they take using the name of Jesus Christ. That is what makes them liars! lipsrsealed
The world is full of lies, you know the truth and how best to live and show that truth but you will do nothing to change the narrative or expose the truth to many (besides a select few on nairaland) .

Rather, you are comfortable intruding every religious thread to spread your truth and point out the errors of others.

You can and should do more than condemning others.

It's been interesting having a discourse with you.

God bless.

4 Likes

Re: Studying The Word Of God Properly. by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On Mar 02
ProudNigerian01:
■ The world is full of lies, you know the truth and how best to live and show that truth but you will do nothing to change the narrative or expose the truth to many (besides a select few on nairaland) .
■ Rather, you are comfortable intruding every religious thread to spread your truth and point out the
errors of others. You can and should do more than condemning others. It's been interesting having a discourse with you. God bless.
1. God of Israel, and His Son, Jesus Christ, said the best way to live is to exist in continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments alike-- God's Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God. But clearly you don't agree with Him and would rather I step beyond God's Bounds ---- the Truth of God --- to deal instead with that which has nothing to do with the Truth. lipsrsealed

2. Pointing out the antichrist lies of men which has nothing to do with the Truth of God is part of my obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. You don't like it...it's OK. grin
Re: Studying The Word Of God Properly. by ProudNigerian01: 8:12am On Mar 03
Study the word today
Re: Studying The Word Of God Properly. by NNTR: 4:48pm On Mar 03
NNTR:
Every country has the government it deserves. In a moroncracy-demoncracy combo, people get the leaders they deserve.

What manner of gibberish is this. You this fellow, you never cease to amaze me.

The word, church, translated from the Greek, ecclesia, adopted for use by our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide word, Jesus Christ, God incarnate, meaning, God personified or God in human flesh form, is a word with political overtones meaning. The original, ecclesia is defined as a political assembly of citizens in Athens.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

Kobojunkie:
Politics is for liars like all of your pastors and mogs.
God is a Politician.

Kobojunkie:
They chose to rule in religion because they know they won't cut it in a world with so much competition from everywhere else. undecided
There is a religion, that is pure and true in God's eyes and such that God sees no fault nor flaw in

ProudNigerian01:
I like you Kobojunkie, You are very pertinacious. You'd make a good freedom fighter.

Acts 19:39
But if you have any other inquiry to make,
it shall be determined in the lawful assembly (i.e. ekklesia)

Matthew 18:17-18
17Then Jesus answered him, “Blessed [happy, spiritually secure, favored by God] are you, Simon son of Jonah,
because flesh and blood (mortal man) did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
18And I say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church; (i.e. ekklesia)
and the gates of Hades (death) will not overpower it [by preventing the resurrection of the Christ]

Politic is being polite and agreeable. The moment when such feeling enters the body, that touch is political - its political.

There is good politics and there's bad politics. There's clean politics and there's dirty politics. Every individual is a politician, in fact, politics, starts in the family and would interest you to know that, politics in family, is far more dangerous than politics in country (i.e. case in point, Jacob aka Israel's nuclear family)

Ekklesia is often translated simply as “church”, now while the term church is derived from ekklesia, it is not a direct translation. Translating ekklesia, simply as “church”, results in the term ekklesia, losing much of the significance and import of the word, but having a Greek understanding of the Greek word, polis, (i.e. a city-state in ancient Greece), will give way to a greater understanding of the Greek concept ekklesia

Most people today associate the word “church” with a building where like minded people meet, but the ancient Greek word ekklesia that our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world WWW, Jesus Christ adopted (i.e. choose and took up to use) for what we currently know as church, originally was a non-religious word for an ‘assembly’ of people, typically people called out to gather together for a specific purpose (i.e. a gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place; an assembly), so in effect, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world WWW, Jesus Christ, essentially was saying, on this rock, I'll build my 'called out wise and showing the ability to make the right decisions people', similar way with the political assembly of the citizens in Athens.

So with all said and done, ekklesia, invokes a response, responsibility and active involvement in the world. It is an assembly of those called out to pursue and promote the common good, required to respond and participate in all areas of life, including the civil and social.

Politics (i.e. good and clean, for the matter) is relevant with ekklesia (i.e. the church). Ekklesia, from the word, go, has been and always will be a political phenomenon.

cc: Bodydiialect57

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Studying The Word Of God Properly. by ProudNigerian01: 7:45am On Mar 04
Study the Word today.
Re: Studying The Word Of God Properly. by ProudNigerian01: 12:10pm On Mar 06
Study the word today.

(1) (Reply)

The Sacred Essence Of The PALM SUNDAY. / Only God Almighty / Plans To Assassinate Buhari Are Been Strategized -fr. Mbaka’s Explosive New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.