Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. (392 Views)

Social Media Is Now A Menace, Must Be Regulated - Gbajabiamila / How President Tinubu Can Stop The Sit At Home Menace And The Banditry? / “Fulani” Herdsmen Menace and President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by money121(m): 12:01pm On Feb 18
Gambling is now a menace and a social problem.

Gbogbo omo ti wa di oni tete tan.

Both young and old. Everyone is now playing one form of bet or gambling or the other.

I was at the hospital last year and a guy came to thank me (almost prostrating). Thanks for yesterday sir. I asked him what I did because I don’t know him from anywhere and he said he played baba Ijebu with the number (1947) on the cloth I wore the previous day and won. He said the most painful part is that he played with #500 and won 12k that if he had known, he would have played with 5k to win 120k.

He also said if he had won 120k, he wouldn’t go to work throughout that week.

I was speechless and dumbfounded at the same time.

I think we need to start letting the younger folks see the evils of gambling and the addiction attached to it.

We ask God for safety.

fergie001, Mynd44, OAM4J Seun Nlfpmod

Re: Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by money121(m): 12:01pm On Feb 18
SAY NO TO GAMBLING
Re: Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by PinkNature: 12:03pm On Feb 18
Is this government working for its citizens or against it?

Re: Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by PinkNature: 12:08pm On Feb 18
money121:
All is well

All isn't well sir.

Back in the days (Before 2018) Gbagyi women will harvest their yam tubers and bring it all the way from the bushes to my house, which my dad will skillfully bargain big 12+ tubers for ₦1,700 and it will serve the house for almost a month.

Today, nobody brings yams for us to buy again, we have to go to the market to buy 6 tiny yams for 2k+

Mudu of ordinary garri is ₦750.

Things are very difficult, people gamble with the hope of getting money to survive, but the truth is that, they'll keep loosing their money to bet companies without winning any sensible money.
Re: Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by Hezzyluv: 12:08pm On Feb 18
The problem is being lost in gambling.
Re: Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by SalamRushdie: 12:09pm On Feb 18
What in life is not a gamble ..even you waking up every morning is a gamble so shut up

Re: Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by Hezzyluv: 12:10pm On Feb 18
PinkNature:

All isn't well sir.

Back in the days (Before 2018) Gbagyi women will harvest their yam tubers and bring it all the way from the bushes to my house, which my dad will skillfully bargain big 12+ tubers for ₦1,700 and it will serve the house for almost a month.

Today, nobody brings yams for us to buy again, we have to go to the market to buy 6 tiny yams for 2k+

Things are very difficult, people gamble with the hope of getting money to survive, but the truth is that, they'll keep loosing their money to bet companies without winning any sensible money.

@bold, una still dey enjoy na. Maybe u based where they farm Yam. Here, one tiny Yam goes for 1,500. cry

Re: Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by money121(m): 12:11pm On Feb 18
PinkNature:

All isn't well sir.

But gambling have been in existence for long
Do you know pool is part of gambling?
So is not due to the economy some ppl are just addict to gambling
Re: Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by money121(m): 12:12pm On Feb 18
SalamRushdie:
What in life is not a gamble ..even you waking up every morning is a gamble so shut up

Motivational Speaker gambler spotted

Peele No vex grin grin
Re: Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by 89green: 12:12pm On Feb 18
No drinking, no gambling, no fornication, I learnt all these from the Qur'aan long time ago

O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), gambling, Al-Ansab, and Al-Azlam (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of Shaitan’s (Satan) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful.

SURAH AL-MA’IDAH - Q5 v 90

Me i dont have time for nonsense, being a Muslim requires very good level of seriousness and focus.

Re: Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by Usmanovic95(m): 12:18pm On Feb 18
Betting Is even a lesser menace compared to oloshoism,drug abuse, thuggery and yahoo.A dysfunctional system gave birth to these societal menace and I'm afraid they are here to stay.Dont even try to preach to them to desist if you are not presenting to them something better they can do that they will earn a living from, because they won't listen to your preaching.
Re: Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by money121(m): 12:19pm On Feb 18
Usmanovic95:
Betting Is even a lesser menace compared to oloshoism,drug abuse, thuggery and yahoo.A dysfunctional system gave birth to these societal menace and I'm afraid they are here to stay.Dont even try to preach to them to desist if you are not presenting to them something better they can do that they will earn a living from, because they won't listen to your preaching.
Preaching bawo? grin
Re: Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by Aesthetical: 12:32pm On Feb 18
Gambling has been in existence right from day 1
What should only be done is a way to regulate the system and proper education should be given to youth and young adults on the consequences of gambling.
We’ll enough said , this post just reminded me to place a curse in my ex for teaching me sporty bet
Re: Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by guass(m): 12:40pm On Feb 18
Do gambling for pleasure if u have the funds. Me I do gambling once In a week. I did yesterday self.
Be warned!
GAMBLING KILLS

Re: Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by chiagozien(m): 12:40pm On Feb 18
89green:
No drinking, no gambling, no fornication, I learnt all these from the Qur'aan long time ago

O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), gambling, Al-Ansab, and Al-Azlam (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of Shaitan’s (Satan) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful.

SURAH AL-MA’IDAH - Q5 v 90

Me i dont have time for nonsense, being a Muslim requires very good level of seriousness and focus.
What of hard drugs
Re: Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by saddler: 12:57pm On Feb 18
Re: Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by hakeemhakeem(m): 1:06pm On Feb 18
PinkNature:

All isn't well sir.

All is not going to be well,gbagyi people done enter cities too to flex.we should all enter forest and start farming.if you can't farm don't complain about prices of food

Re: Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by superintendents(m): 1:10pm On Feb 18
hakeemhakeem:

All is not going to be well,gbagyi people done enter cities too to flex.we should all enter forest and start farming.if you can't farm don't complain about prices of food
Bro to go farm your life is at risk again.

embarassed
Re: Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by mrvitalis(m): 1:12pm On Feb 18
money121:
Gambling is now a menace and a social problem.

Gbogbo omo ti wa di oni tete tan.

Both young and old. Everyone is now playing one form of bet or gambling or the other.

I was at the hospital last year and a guy came to thank me (almost prostrating). Thanks for yesterday sir. I asked him what I did because I don’t know him from anywhere and he said he played baba Ijebu with the number (1947) on the cloth I wore the previous day and won. He said the most painful part is that he played with #500 and won 12k that if he had known, he would have played with 5k to win 120k.

He also said if he had won 120k, he wouldn’t go to work throughout that week.

I was speechless and dumbfounded at the same time.

I think we need to start letting the younger folks see the evils of gambling and the addiction attached to it.

We ask God for safety.

fergie001, Mynd44, OAM4J Seun Nlfpmod
Then tax it.. Make it make money for the states

Every bet placed is taxed 20%

Every wining is taxed 50%

Simple

This can generate over 5 trillion revenue for Nigeria yearly... States takes 70% federal takes 30%
Re: Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by 89green: 1:42pm On Feb 18
chiagozien:
What of hard drugs

They fall under intoxicants because drugs dull the senses and befog the mind, and whatever does that is haram. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Every intoxicant is khamr, and every intoxicant is haram (Narrated by Muslim, 2003)
Re: Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by 7lives: 3:09pm On Feb 18
Hezzyluv:

@bold, una still dey enjoy na. Maybe u based where they farm Yam. Here, one tiny Yam goes for 1,500. cry

I'm in shock too.
Re: Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by 7lives: 3:13pm On Feb 18
hakeemhakeem:

If you say this outside, people will come for your head.
They want cheap food but they don't want to touch sand.
Re: Gambling Is Now A Menace And A Social Problem. by Hoelujohn: 3:33pm On Feb 18
money121:
SAY NO TO GAMBLING
After i have gamble my votes on Tinubu.

Soludo Commissions 5KM Of Roads / 'Everybody Should Grow Something’, Remi Tinubu To Nigerians / [BREAKING]: Eid-el-fitr: FG Declares Tuesday, Wednesday Public Holiday