Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters (13425 Views)

Customers Protest Discos’ Plan To Retrieve Prepaid Meters / NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November / Consumers Kick As FG Raises Prices Of Prepaid Meters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by highchief1: 10:09pm On Feb 18
DohFahSo:
Tinubu is a fine boy, eyaa eyaa yooo.
Lol
Tinubu, the BAT. Make life unbearable for citizens and enjoy the squalor.

Bulaba foot soldiers, how far?
we Dey bros.obi wouldn’t have done any differently.nigeria is under a spiritual attack.pls pray
Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by SirLakes: 10:09pm On Feb 18
Nice one grin
Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by samz77: 10:10pm On Feb 18
good idea
Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:11pm On Feb 18
eeh!

dis ppl want to reduce SW & North ppl patapata finish ni!

make una easy oo!

Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:13pm On Feb 18
Ebi Mpiawa azu! Give it to them Wotowoto grin
Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by SirLakes: 10:14pm On Feb 18
highchief1:
we Dey bros.obi wouldn’t have done any differently.nigeria is under a spiritual attack.pls pray
A blind 10 year old boy would do better than Balablu.

How will any sensible person just announce subsidy is gone without any laid down plans on the first day in office grin
Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by Intergrated: 10:14pm On Feb 18
Am sure this is the Armageddon they talked about.
Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by Menclothing: 10:15pm On Feb 18
Lolz
Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by Johnpat198: 10:16pm On Feb 18
Bible said in proverb 29v2 ,when the righteous ruled in authority the people rejoice but when the wicked ruled the people mourn. Our leaders are devil wicked set of people. When the hardship get to some esteem everyone will come out and protest.
Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:17pm On Feb 18
I'm so tired.
Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by Konquest: 10:18pm On Feb 18
Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by NinjaMetahuman: 10:19pm On Feb 18
Why can't they give these meters on contract or installmental bases.

Why simple things always become rocket science when it comes to Nigeria.

They are making dirty money off estimated billing, and all useless power ministers past and present continue to act like hopeless fools.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by DohFahSo: 10:21pm On Feb 18
highchief1:
Abeg don't say Obi wouldn't have done any better, chief. E no good. It's like saying that a student will fail an exam he hasn't even written.

3 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by maasoap(m): 10:21pm On Feb 18
fawaz050:
Prepaid metres that were initially introduced as free. Now, one don cost like Gold.
I coughed out a total of 115k December last year for my prepaid meter
Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by WantsandMore: 10:28pm On Feb 18
alsudan:
Prepaid meters are currently sold for 100-120k, but Nerc still wants to increase the price.

Last week it was the Minister of Power complaining how the Federal Government can no longer fund electricity subsidy.

What this means is that Nigerians should prepare to buy prepaid meters for at least 300k and be ready to pay at least 300 naira per unit.

If you buy 1k electricity, it will serve you for one day on the average and if you're unfortunate to still be among the consumers on estimated billing, then OYO is your name.

Nigerians should brace up, the Great TINUBULATION has just started and it will continue hitting from all angles.
I think Estimated billing go still cheap oh.. imagine you were allocated just 10kwh after you done blow ac,freezer and gbo gbo appliances
Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by highchief1: 10:31pm On Feb 18
DohFahSo:

Abeg don't say Obi wouldn't have done any better, chief. E no good. It's like saying that a student will fail an exam he hasn't even written.
bros democracy no favor Nigeria.all the reasonable projects in Nigeria was done during military.the chain of stealing under democracy is too long.betta don display her own.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by highchief1: 10:32pm On Feb 18
SirLakes:

A blind 10 year old boy would do better than Balablu.

How will any sensible person just announce subsidy is gone without any laid down plans on the first day in office grin
the man fail for that one knowing fully well that Nigeria is a generator country.e for first attend to power atleast.
Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by Temptee101(m): 10:39pm On Feb 18
When Peter Obi told you people that there was nothing left to share, you thought he was joking

You will be taxed to death so they could see what to share

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by ufuosman(m): 11:01pm On Feb 18
Wahala
Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by obaidan: 11:01pm On Feb 18
iLoveYouToo:
Ordinary electricity meter we dey import. Na wa o, engineers una weldone
what do you want engineers to do, every government agency and ministry wey fit support engineers to fabricate things have been taken over by children of the elites that either know nothing or paid their way through school or just not motivated to do anything with their life other than inherit their share of the money stolen by their fathers and mothers.

all the electricians we see on the streets of nigeria, designing solar solutions, inverters and all..if u use them to replace those unproductive bunch at PHCN (or whatever name they answer now), u will se small progress

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by Success957: 11:40pm On Feb 18
This tifnubu regime will favour me and my family

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by iLoveYouToo(m): 12:18am On Feb 19
obaidan:

what do you want engineers to do, every government agency and ministry wey fit support engineers to fabricate things have been taken over by children of the elites that either know nothing or paid their way through school or just not motivated to do anything with their life other than inherit their share of the money stolen by their fathers and mothers.

all the electricians we see on the streets of nigeria, designing solar solutions, inverters and all..if u use them to replace those unproductive bunch at PHCN (or whatever name they answer now), u will se small progress

We have COREN and NSE, we can do better please, we mustn’t always buy from the abroad. Electricity meters are quite basic.

Besides, I thought we were producing meters in Akwa Ibom, this story doesn’t add up
Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by okechuks22: 4:45am On Feb 19
matify83:
Why does the government delights in hurting her citizens ?

Why didn't they tell us we were voting for IMF during the campaigns ( ie if our votes truly counted) ?

The government by every of its decisions seem poised to provoke a fight with the masses and heh! I don't see them coming out alive when "yawa gas" o!.
it is the citizens that is fooling them selfs
Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by DohFahSo: 5:28am On Feb 19
highchief1:
bros democracy no favor Nigeria.all the reasonable projects in Nigeria was done during military.the chain of stealing under democracy is too long.betta don display her own.
Na true o. Wey Betta? That's how we've forgotten about her. Did they fish out her accomplices?

Democracy is good. The people make the system. In Nigeria, people are too greedy.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by Trophy12: 5:44am On Feb 19
The president is just trying to recover his money from the election. Yoruba ronu grin
Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by Procashtips(m): 7:48am On Feb 19
Tallesty1:
When I was little, only rich families could afford rice, and it was eaten only on Sundays or important/special days. Beans was hot cake. It looks to me like we are headed to that place again.

Coincidentally, Nigeria is recovering from Buhari's misrule back then and now.

So it's Buhari that made prices go mad not until his watch but that of Tinubu?

Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by highchief1: 7:55am On Feb 19
DohFahSo:

Na true o. Wey Betta? That's how we've forgotten about her. Did they fish out her accomplices?

Democracy is good. The people make the system. In Nigeria, people are too greedy.
that’s why I said e no favor Nigeria.it may be working for other ppl.People that would have worked with Peter obi would have stl continued the stealing.nigeria is in trouble.
Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by DohFahSo: 8:14am On Feb 19
highchief1:
that’s why I said e no favor Nigeria.it may be working for other ppl.People that would have worked with Peter obi would have stl continued the stealing.nigeria is in trouble.
Hmmmmmm
The whole system needs a purge from top to bottom. It's sad.
Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by cornelman: 8:22am On Feb 19
highchief1:

See your consolation words for your wrong choice at the polls.

Obi is not the president, so you wouldn't be able to tell.
Focus on Tinubu not Obi.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by We4all: 8:37am On Feb 19
alsudan:
Prepaid meters are currently sold for 100-120k, but Nerc still wants to increase the price.

Last week it was the Minister of Power complaining how the Federal Government can no longer fund electricity subsidy.

What this means is that Nigerians should prepare to buy prepaid meters for at least 300k and be ready to pay at least 300 naira per unit.

If you buy 1k electricity, it will serve you for one day on the average and if you're unfortunate to still be among the consumers on estimated billing, then OYO is your name.

Nigerians should brace up, the Great TINUBULATION has just started and it will continue hitting from all angles.

Don't try to remind us how bad the situation is. You are one of the problems we have in this country. Instead of suggesting ways to improve the situation, you're adding more salt to injury by rubbing the already bad situation in our faces. You guys are just pathetic!
Re: Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters by Chevrolet076(m): 8:41am On Feb 19
RapportNaija:
Lies...

IKEDC announced increase in prepaid meter prices towards the end of last year...

From 58/63k to 87k that my dad bought and was delivered January 2024.

So what's the increase to 81k BS that's in this post? Single phase is 87k in Lagos right now..
Maybe they should increase to 500k!

They're saying that they still want to bring it up from that 87k.
.please can you give some ideas on how to go about getting it personally? My house has buy I want a personal one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? / Crisis: APC Shops For Oshiohmole's Replacement, Godswill Akpabio On The List / 2023: IBB Supports Concensus Presidential Candidate Option For PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.