Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests (17197 Views)

Atiku, Ayu Criticised For Shunning Ekiti PDP Campaign / Attahiru: Adamu Garba Berates Buhari, Osinbajo, Their Wives For Shunning Burial / Amotekun: IPOB Commends South-West Governors, Blasts Ohanaeze, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by Ykc2(m): 9:04am On Feb 19
Nvestor02:
There is nothing like economy hardship, it's we people that need to live up to standards.

Tinubu won't borrow money from IMF to feed anybody ass or to run government.

He would generate the money to build our requiref infrastructure internally.

Even tho, I'm very sure Tinubu will increase the minimum wage soon because there are already some negotiations about it.
I hope na the same oil nigeria dey sell saudi dey sell
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by richboy7(m): 9:04am On Feb 19
You are commending southeast for shunn protest bah. You never see anything. When they eventually come out for protest, their own go be Promax.

2 Likes

Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by shipdoc: 9:11am On Feb 19
pandax:

If you knew the politics behind our decision not to protest, you wouldn't make your statement above
You have never protested. No one expects you to protest in the first place. You are the one shouting that you won’t protest as if you have ever protested. During the military regime, it was always the Yorubas that were protesting against bad governance.
When Obasanjo was there, we protested. When ABACHA was there , we protested. Yoruba has always fought for good governance regardless of who is in power and we never expected you to join them anyway.
If ever Yorubas protest against Tinubu, they are protesting against what is happening, they are not saying the decision to elect Tinubu is wrong. OBI and ATIkU were far below Tinubu in terms of competence so it was an easy choice.
Igbos should rest .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by WhereMyLoud: 9:15am On Feb 19
metaluterus:

Eat your red cap
lol.. you dne turn this one to meme sharpsharp
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:18am On Feb 19
richboy7:

When the shege banzai reach you, you go understand. You never see anything yet. Wait and see.

GO and protest and leave us alone. Is it too much to ask for

2 Likes

Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by aimmoney9: 9:58am On Feb 19
Akwamkpuruamu:
Any south easterners wey protest, thunder go faya am, stray bullet go kill am, na me talk am.

We are voting Tinubu for the first time in 2027. The sheyge banza is just starting.
The way igbos will come out en masse and vote tinubu in 2027, yorubas will be shocked....... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by Akwamkpuruamu: 10:02am On Feb 19
aimmoney9:

The way igbos will come out en masse and vote tinubu in 2027, yorubas will be shocked....... grin grin grin grin grin

Dem think say the Sheyge will be cut halfway... Never!
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by tiswell(m): 10:03am On Feb 19
Bookhub:
we didnt expect miracle from tinubu so we made hay when the sun shined.
shone
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by Bookhub: 10:05am On Feb 19
tiswell:
shone

english teacher
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by History555: 10:06am On Feb 19
ponishah:

Hahahahahahahahahahquaquaquaqua...
Omo! Hunger dey fire you and your family wela, and the thing don dey touch your brain.
Doh, eiyaaaaaa

You are right. Hunger dey fire me but at least na from Scotland e dey fire me not Nigeria

Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by Quebec91(m): 10:06am On Feb 19
Mtcheewww

Nonsense talk. You must still be a secondary school student cuz you sound like one
Nvestor02:
There is nothing like economy hardship, it's we people that need to live up to standards.

Even tho, I'm very sure Tinubu will increase the minimum wage soon because there are already some negotiations about it.

1 Like

Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by tiswell(m): 10:12am On Feb 19
Bookhub:

english teacher
a wise son would simply say,thanks.
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by OKEIYIOKODU: 10:30am On Feb 19
No need to thank us,we are wiser now than before,once bitten, twice shy, person sting by a bee whenever he sees a fly runs for his dear life.We knew what our parents undergo during and after the Nigerian civil war, the hardship then is more than the one now,starvation, hunger,diseases and death and after the war our parents were given only 20 pounds each to start life all over again irrespective of billions of pounds we have in the banks and our properties spread across the country were collected and tagged "abandoned properties.We cannot join a project where you have no expectation,for where I have no expectation, disappointment is out of question. We,the South Easterners cannot give our haters opportunities to put our lives and properties at risk again because any day there is any protest in the east all the military in Nigeria will be relocated to the east and they will tag us ,ipob or UGM and start bombarding us and causing Havocs.. Let the people chopping canes on Valentine day at Lagos island in that trending video while collecting bread made from agbado and cassava not up to 100 naira that are feeling the heat most with the northerner join for,as for us we are okay and at peace.
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by Evercurious(f): 10:31am On Feb 19
Nvestor02:

Abeg go check your brain
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by Ray369: 11:07am On Feb 19
Who are you talking like a dead ma while people are starving on the streets I'm sure you got no responsibility...I'm sure you ain't a civil servant! I'm sure you're being fed by your parents or in a family business...if so..when people are complaining o current effect of bad economic impact please shut your mouth up of you don't know what to say ..you just spoke like a dullard who doesn't even live in Nigeria..if you live here you you would feel the heat..you don't have people looking up to you ..you don't have children you take to school everyday with increment in Fuel price by 300% .. increment in foodstuff price by 500% ... increment bin School fees by 200% .. ..not to talk of shelter and other compulsory things ..you're there reading book for us. Stop it!
Nvestor02:

Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by ponishah: 11:12am On Feb 19
History555:

You are right. Hunger dey fire me but at least na from Scotland e dey fire me not Nigeria
Hahahahahaquqaquqaquaqua..
Scotland? Hunger and cold and racial depression dey fire you together, your PTSD no be here o.
You go don piss like 15 times this morning, I hope you never piss plenty for your pants?
Sorry o
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by tuzle(m): 11:48am On Feb 19
Ofunaofu:

Your foolery is legendary
I don't abuse people but that guy didn't make a single sense. I was at my sister's place beginning of the year and she is someone that always take good care of visitors when they come to her place. She was just lamenting on how everything has gone up. In fact their was a day I followed her to market and in our front the price of refill oil changed from #1850 to #2000 same old I bought #1600 last year October.
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by goldfish27(m): 12:08pm On Feb 19
Them talk say na only business Ibo people sabi forgetting say to run a country is like a business, RUN IT WELL N YOU EXPAND, BUT RUN AM ANYHOW AND YOU FOLDUP.
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by bizzibodi(m): 12:22pm On Feb 19
There time has not come.... everybody has his own elastic limit.
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by Sctests: 1:17pm On Feb 19
Osidazz19:

Obviously you are dying and almost dead for your daily wailing and crying on social media.
Do you see me wailing?
I will vore.for whoever i believe is the best candidate. I will not be bamboozled by religious and tribal fanatical IPOB retards like you.
Get lost.
The guy is right, the more you vote idiots, the more hunger kills you and keeps the other sensible people alive. That's the way natural selection happens and idiots are taken away from the equation, so that political buffoons won't see enough idiots to bribe with a cup of rice and perpetuate themselves in power.

Hardship have always sharpened the survivors of the human race. Right from the stone age.

The hunger and starvation is necessary, I see it as a natural cleansing mechanism that has now become imperative, if Nigeria must get better.
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by MrSly(m): 1:25pm On Feb 19
God1000:
And For how long can people remain calm if things continue this way?

This is a very ugly situation
As long as Nigeria politics in concerned the only people that are really Nigerians in the heart are Igbos. Igbos can reject their son and vote someone from another ethnic group on the ground of competence. They did it to the almighty Ojukwu and voted Obasanjo, if I am correct.

So igbos have presented with their votes. Noise makers can continue, yes whatever they are doing now is only bit noise.
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by mrLhanray(m): 5:06pm On Feb 19
shipdoc:
This is becoming nauseating.
Which protests are the Igbo people shouting up and down about? They litter everywhere with videos of normal people complaining and then claim they won’t protest. Just enjoy your so called billions and leave other tribes alone . This incessant attack on other tribes will keep them permanently at a distance from you. Even if you want your own country, you still need others to agree or you need to fight them in a war. Either way, you need them.

By the way, igbos have never fought for good governance. Only Yorubas have always done that. The most outspoken critic of Obasanjo were Yoruba people. The most outspoken people against ABACHA were Yoruba people. Yorubas championed NADECO. It has nothing to do with who is in governance, Yorubas always protest for good governance.

Stay at home on mondays and leave other tribe alone please. You are the one crying all over the internet and yet you claim you wont protest. Learn how to live with people.

Updated
quote author=Voldoz post=128528284]

Guy your tribe might be known to advocate for good governance then but not now the support for Buhari and Tinubu shows clearly you're in the wrong track, with all the insult most of you reign on GEJ he is far better than your sai baba and your emi lokan.

Just listen to yourself. Yoruba always fought for good governance but now that they supported Buhari and protested during GEJ then they are bad. Did you protest the bad governance during Buhari era? Which protest did south east hold during Buhari era that they are saying they won’t protest now? When have you ever protested for good governance if not because your tribesman now contested the last time?

Don't mind them, Yorubas will always protest against bad Governance irrespective of who is in power.
Major protest in Nigeria started in Yorubaland(June 12, Endsarz...).
They are all running down to Yorubaland to survive because of the serious hunger in south east, yet they are making a mockery of Yorubas that are protesting.
Common sit at home from from unknown gunmen, they could not challenge that, they obey it every Monday.

Their silence or protest changes nothing.
Yorubas or North are the ones to decide on a major protest..
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by mrLhanray(m): 5:24pm On Feb 19
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
sorry for the choice of words, some people here are insulting me. I'm Yoruba, I'm always in support of all Igbo agitation. I say it here on NL that Tinubu is a Criminal, nothing good can come out of criminal, I never vote in my life, I voted in 2023, because of PO, not because he's Igbo, but because he's the only competent candidate I reason with my brain. Now see where we found ourselves, this is the best opportunity to eliminate APC government,

You need to get it Right, don't just jump on the band wagon. I also didn't vote for Tinubu, but why are you making it a Yoruba issue.

On one hand they said Mahmoud Yakubu(Inec Chairman) rigged the election for Tinubu, on the other hand they said Yorubas votes made Tinubu president, yet Tinubu lost two Yoruba states.
These are just enemies of Yorubas who have always been blaming Yorubas for what Nigeria has done to their region and people.

Tinubu used his might, wealth and strong connections to be the president which has been his plan since 2015.
Tinubu won just four states in southwest and got other votes from other states
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by aariwa(m): 7:04pm On Feb 19
SwissMass:
Nice one , preventive measures and precautions are in place
good one there at least no room for laziness and begging
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by very4tune8: 7:16pm On Feb 19
yarimo:
That's how they commend themselves for obeying sit at home and unknown gun men activities at the beginning grin grin grin grin as at today sit at home and unknown gun men is now a problem not blessings grin grin

@ yarimo. So they should join in the protest.
You called for the sung so you dance to the tune alone
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by richboy7(m): 8:49pm On Feb 19
Akwamkpuruamu:

GO and protest and leave us alone. Is it too much to ask for

I know you'll soon join us that's why I'm waiting so we will go together 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by Goddyrichie(m): 9:34pm On Feb 19
Proudlyomonna:
What is the essence of the protest?
Of what effects was the protest against buhari?

The great tinubulation is before Us already,all man should just brace up and buckle up their belts.

Tinubu is not just worse than bubu,He is infact more daft grin grin

Just rush dey drop policies without sense. Now Hausas don get mouth,if you talk them go se make You go rest se una Tinubu no get head at all grin
walahi Hausa don get mouth no b small I wan buy suya yesterday I say make e add little to it na him aboki tell me say say b awa lo ka I was shock na e I tell ham say I b SS boy

1 Like

Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by benjanny(m): 10:40pm On Feb 19
Good One
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:20am On Feb 20
richboy7:

I know you'll soon join us that's why I'm waiting so we will go together 🤣🤣🤣

Alright till 2027
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by Konquest: 3:45pm On Feb 21
Re: Economic Hardship: Ohanaeze Commends South East Residents For Shunning Protests by Ejaisky: 8:28pm On Feb 22
pandax:

If you knew the politics behind our decision not to protest, you wouldn't make your statement above
There is nothing like politics.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... / FG Doubts Sanusi’s Withdrawal Of Suspension Suit / Ngige , Ifeanyi Ubah , Peter Obi & Others At Bishop Okeke's Birthday - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.