Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary (6844 Views)

"God Forbid" – Aisha Yesufu Disagrees With Peter Obi Over Governorship Candidate / Oshiomhole’s Suspension: Andrew Emwanta drags Justice Lewis Allagoa to The NJC / Rabiu Kwankwaso Orders Civil Disobedience In Kano Over Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by Customised3(f): 9:07am On Feb 19
A former Edo State Commissioner for Communication and Orientation, Andrew Emwanta, has resigned from the All Progressives Congress.

The former commissioner said he was resigning because of the flawed governorship primaries which took place on Saturday.

The election produced three winners. The Chairman of the Electoral Committee of the primary, Governor Hope Uzodimma announced Dennis Idahosa as the winner, while returning officer, Stanley Ugboaja declared Monday Okpebholo as winner.

Also, Ojo Babatunde, who claimed to be representing the returning officers in all the local government declared Anamero Dekeri as the winner of the election.

In a letter to the Ward Chairman, Ward 7, Egor Local Government Area and made available to journalists on Monday, Emwanta said, “I am writing to formally tender my resignation from the membership of the All Progressives Congress, effective from today, the 18th day of February 2024.

“My decision to resign from the party stems from its lack of internal democracy, flowing from the flawed process of the just concluded Edo governorship primaries. It has left me with no confidence in the party’s leadership structure and sense of political ethos.

“It is indeed a sad decision for me to take at this crucial time, particularly, because l joined the party a few months ago. But, it is an inevitable decision, since l still enjoy the inalienable right to freedom of association, (or dissociation), guaranteed under Section 40 of the 1999 Nigerian Constitution, as amended.

“I believe that my continued association with the APC would compromise my ability to support any decent candidate of my choice, as I would be compelled to unwittingly align with the party’s decisions, regardless of my convictions. To do otherwise will be termed “anti-party”. This was my grouse last year with my former party, the PDP.

“Moving forward, l wish to be an “Independent” political player, who can freely support any candidate in future elections, based on their qualifications, integrity, and alignment with my values and beliefs. I am confident that this decision is in the best interest of my life’s philosophy, social orientation and the political principles I hold very dear.

“Please consider this letter as my formal resignation from the APC. I would appreciate it if you could delete my name from your register at the ward, as l move on. Thank you for your understanding and anticipated action,” he added.

https://punchng.com/ex-edo-commissioner-dumps-apc-over-governorship-primary/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by Obyangel: 9:50am On Feb 19
Embodiment of confusion is APC, failure no get friends.

Only Edo state chapter of APC produced 3 governorship candidates and they want Edolites to trust them with their votes.

God bless Nigerians, and we must get it right in 2024.

Abeg Nairalanders celebrate me by liking my post, first to comment grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by TriCee: 9:51am On Feb 19
Wahala. My guy jejely comot hand for APC usual commotion. grin

Lol, 3 winners? Court case go just plenty and lawyers will cash out as usual.

Career politicians would rather die than not clinch power by all means.
Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by dayorich: 9:51am On Feb 19
Stc
Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by crossfm: 9:52am On Feb 19
Hehehe.

This man can't be trusted,the fact that he was in APC before says a lot grin tongue shocked.

He just realized how tricky and shady his former party is because his mentor or pay master Lost out tongue.

They only speak out when it hits them personally.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by englishmart(m): 9:52am On Feb 19
There should be a law that bars politicians from unnecessary defection

1 Like

Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by toogbasky(m): 9:52am On Feb 19
Pdp inside APC,,

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by Anguldi(m): 9:53am On Feb 19
Go to court tongue
Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by Didijiji: 9:53am On Feb 19
EBIN PA WA OOO

TINUBU

1 Like

Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by madridguy(m): 9:54am On Feb 19
grin grin grin APC don over full self, let him go elsewhere.
Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by Emma1Oj(m): 9:55am On Feb 19
Nothing is ever transparent in the life of Apc and it supporters..

Eveil pple
Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by Mandate2023: 9:55am On Feb 19
He can't handle defeat

His preferred candidate lost out
Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by Lovenorth: 9:56am On Feb 19
This is just a tip of the iceberg of what awaits APC before the next presidential election
Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by ShugaSneh: 9:57am On Feb 19
This is a welcome development as every well meaning Nigeria will in no distance time desert the ev!l party called APC and leave it for head slammers and religion of pieces people only.
Nigeria will be great again without head slammers especially those of them in the sadwest.

Check my signature for more....
Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by BobbieZion(m): 9:57am On Feb 19
madridguy:
grin grin grin APC don over full self, let him go elsewhere.

Overfull with rogues..

1 Like

Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by Blackestjunior(m): 9:58am On Feb 19
grin to
Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by donpapa(m): 9:58am On Feb 19
Ok
Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by Nawa4nl: 9:58am On Feb 19
APShit is dead in Edo

1 Like

Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by MisterGrace: 9:59am On Feb 19
grin
Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by Skillsnigeria: 9:59am On Feb 19
grin
Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by bigdammyj: 10:00am On Feb 19
Noted.
Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by Tjra: 10:00am On Feb 19
If this one join Labour Party tomorrow, Obidients go quickly Crown him King.

If you wanna make it in Naija, learn to press their mumu button. You go cash out till thy Kingdom come.
Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by foxxydude: 10:00am On Feb 19
Politicians 😁
Na court case go full this Edo Election tire
Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by Think9ja(m): 10:01am On Feb 19
Next up for him is the Losers Party. A.K.A gbajue party.

Then his gbajue followers will start seeing him as as saint, same way they are seeing the chief gbajue member as a messiah.

Tufiakwa for these gbajue children
Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by madridguy(m): 10:01am On Feb 19
We have published our account for the last general election grin Maybe you mean LP/PDP

BobbieZion:

Overfull with rogues..

1 Like

Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by FireUpNow(m): 10:01am On Feb 19
Edo nor be Lagos
Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by Houseofglam7(f): 10:02am On Feb 19
🤭
Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by Pablodreay890: 10:06am On Feb 19
Who still Dey take APC of a party serious
Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by ABC101FF: 10:24am On Feb 19
What a party! The 3 senatorial zones are aptly represented grin grin grin
Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by OVB123: 10:32am On Feb 19
Obyangel:
Embodiment of confusion is APC, failure no get friends.

Only Edo state chapter of APC produced 3 governorship candidates and they want Edolites to trust them with their votes.

God bless Nigerians, and we must get it right in 2024.

Abeg Nairalanders celebrate me by liking my post, first to comment grin
Infact the situation is very pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary by Opinedecandid(m): 10:44am On Feb 19
One primaries, 3 wnners.

Joke is understatement.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram’s Expiry Date By Pius Adesanmi *Very Funny Article About ABATI & BEAF / Se What Namdi Kanu Told Court During Trial / Japanese Citizens Join Ipob In Protest For Buahris Prosecution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.