Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,624 members, 7,827,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide (10411 Views)

Kano Tomato, Onion Farmers, Marketers Lose Big As Blockade Persists / Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC / Boko Haram Cut Off Maiduguri From Power grid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by nairalanda1(m): 1:15pm On Feb 19
The cause of the problem is that the government does not let the discos charge a cost reflective tarrif. Ever since privatization in 2013.

I mean a private company should be able to set it's prices. It is only in Nigeria that we think government should set their prices ..crazy eh?

This means the discos cannot make a profit that would enable them pay the Gencos adequately

Meaning the gencos owe the gas people 1.3 billion dollars. Gas people are tired of not being paid

The subsidy too is itself not adequate.

I don't see government with a forex reserve of 4 billion paying debts of 1.3 billion plus what happens for tomorrow?

The solution is simple. Allow the discos charge a cost reflective tarrif. Then there would be enough profit to pay for gas and everything else.

Allow the discos charge cost reflective tarrif.

That is how all those African countries with 24 hour power supply do it. Egypt that had power subsides has cut them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by Angelfrost(m): 1:17pm On Feb 19
Lol... This is not news. grin

This has been the case since the heat wave started several weeks ago.

Nigeria is GONE!!! Forget it.

3 Likes

Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by Brushstrokes20: 1:18pm On Feb 19
Only power grid?.. Even the shyyythole🇳🇬 itself has collapsed! 💯💯

1 Like

Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by Greenfaces: 1:19pm On Feb 19
Power grid crash yet una no want buy solar from me. I offend una?
Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by Judithjovial(f): 1:30pm On Feb 19
Studip
Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by Maxtipulation(m): 1:30pm On Feb 19
I luv Tinubu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by yoribo: 1:35pm On Feb 19
What happened to the light we used to supply to Niger. After cutting them off, what happened to that excess
HeatSeeker:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/power-grid-drops-to-3530mw-as-rationing-persists-nationwide/
Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by nairalanda1(m): 1:36pm On Feb 19
yoribo:
What happened to the light we used to supply to Niger. After cutting them off, what happened to that excess
We were supplying them 6% of our power.

Nothing much
Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by HeatSeeker(m): 1:37pm On Feb 19
yoribo:

Abeg help me ask them o!
Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by Babangidapikin: 1:37pm On Feb 19
No gas yet we laid pipeline through Niger to Europe.. how do we fullfil the supply now ...
Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by sevo(m): 1:38pm On Feb 19
what is actually working in this dispensation?

1 Like

Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by Pnorh(f): 1:44pm On Feb 19
It’s every 3 eke market day power grid do drop now in Nigeria smh.

God should just please take me to a better working country, i’m tired of Nigeria i’m not going to lie

3 Likes

Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by nairalanda1(m): 1:45pm On Feb 19
Babangidapikin:
No gas yet we laid pipeline through Niger to Europe.. how do we fullfil the supply now ...

There is gas, but the gencoss owe the gas companies 1.5 bn dollars. gas companies want the debt paid yesterday or no gas.

Meanwhile the fact that discos cannot charge a cost reflective tarrif means the genocs do not get paid enough to pay off that debt.

Government is refusing to let the discos charge a cost reflective tarrif

Meanwhile gas companies from time inmemmorial want their money in dollars and have refused over the years to collect pay in naira. Even if they did, they still have to pay for stuff in dollars..so they need more naira.

See the wahala. Compounded by the fact that many Nigerians rich and poor don't pay for the power they use

1 Like

Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by AuwalYusuf812(m): 1:45pm On Feb 19
This gvt doesn't have blueprint

1 Like

Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by nairalanda1(m): 1:48pm On Feb 19
caye:

You white propagandists never cease to amaze me.

You get a kick out of confusing black ppl.
Your end is near sha.

So it is white man's language to say that companies set up by Nigerians should be allowed to set their prices?

Are you mad, old boy? Would you if you were running a business allow people underpay you because it is white man things to make a profit? How do you pay your suppliers and your staff?

Seriously how?

Ok. O

Seriously profits are why a lot of people can eat. Because without them salaries cannot be paid.

Wishing me dead does not change that fact.

1 Like

Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by Babangidapikin: 1:52pm On Feb 19
nairalanda1:

There is gas, but the gencoss owe the gas companies 1.5 bn dollars. gas companies want the debt paid yesterday or no gas.

Meanwhile the fact that discos cannot charge a cost reflective tarrif means the genocs do not get paid enough to pay off that debt.

Government is refusing to let the discos charge a cost reflective tarrif

Meanwhile gas companies from time inmemmorial want their money in dollars and have refused over the years to collect pay in naira. Even if they did, they still have to pay for stuff in dollars..so they need more naira.

See the wahala. Compounded by the fact that many Nigerians rich and poor don't pay for the power they use
People do pay for power but I don't know why the Federal Government have refuse to set up a Special Purpose Fund to meter at least 80% of the population, that way they can ask the Disco to issue a cost reflective tarrif , that way people don't use power except on essentials ..Nigeria Government can pay the 1.5bn dollars since they are receiving royalty and tax left,right and center.. They are scattering my brain right now .. you can't even plan anything thisdays..

1 Like

Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by nairalanda1(m): 1:54pm On Feb 19
Babangidapikin:

People do pay for power but I don't know why the Federal Government have refuse to set up a Special Purpose Fund to meter at least 80% of the population, that was they can ask the Disco to issue a cost reflective tarrif , that way people don't waste power except on essentials .. Nigeria Government can pay the 1.5bn dollars since they are receiving royalty and tax left,right and center.. They are scattering my brain right now .. you can't even plan anything thisdays..

I don't see government paying the 1.3 billion plus what happens when that money finishes and gas prices keep going up?.

Plus debt servicing is eating up 90 percent of our income. Floating naira and reducing subsidy costs has cut that to 63 % but even then

1 Like

Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by jaylove111(m): 1:58pm On Feb 19
@Watianoengineer post=128534032.
SHUT UP🤫
Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by jaylove111(m): 2:00pm On Feb 19
SHUT UP 🤫
Watianoengineer:
Even if there is no light, cement sells for 100k, one egg sells for 1k, I will never stop supporting president Tinubu and his renewed hope agenda. Let's suffer now so we can enjoy in future. Don't mind the propagandas from Peter Obi's camp. He would have been worse if he miraculously won the election
Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by just2endowed: 2:02pm On Feb 19
na one hour per day now

if not for powerbank i have and my small inverter
Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by OKORONKWOBRIGHT(m): 2:03pm On Feb 19
welcome to generator Republic

1 Like

Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by Zealoy(m): 2:06pm On Feb 19
No day will pass by without hearing one or two bad news from this country; u can never see or hear any positive news only negative, anyway thank God I've gone solar so wether una Mw drop to 0.00 e no concern me

2 Likes

Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by faceland: 2:07pm On Feb 19
3 days no light. Nigeria is happening to all of us.

I can't work with my phone and my laptop no get battery (HP scammed me, the battery is 50% the price of a new laptop), so I came from work and just look like lukeman.

1 Like

Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by Babangidapikin: 2:08pm On Feb 19
nairalanda1:

I don't see government paying the 1.3 billion plus what happens when that money finishes and gas prices keep going up?.

Plus debt servicing is eating up 90 percent of our income. Floating naira and reducing subsidy costs has cut that to 63 % but even then
Most times people in government like to look away because that's how some people are getting fat..they should ensure metering that's should be the basis for any hike that way if power is not supplied no one's pay ..not bringing estimates billing to pay for darkness...

1 Like

Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by faceland: 2:09pm On Feb 19
OKORONKWOBRIGHT:
welcome to generator Republic

Who is that bigman that can on generator? It better to lodge in hotel than buy fuel.

1 Like

Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by Konquest: 2:17pm On Feb 19
HeatSeeker:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/power-grid-drops-to-3530mw-as-rationing-persists-nationwide/
Off-grid power sources are more sustainable for countries like Nigeria with huge gaps in electricity generation, distribution, and consumption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by faceland: 2:18pm On Feb 19
Where would Nigeria get $1 billion to pay them? That is 1.5 trillion naira.

1 Like

Re: Power Grid Drops To 3,530MW As Rationing Persists Nationwide by paskal16: 2:27pm On Feb 19
Five alive plastic bottle wey I dey buy 700 dn enter 900
If you want Chop two indomies two egg you go dey spend 1200
Wetin we dey chop 500 to 600 for bubu Time
But income dey depreciate
Salary dey stagnant
Ronus una really wicked no be small

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sa’id Alkali: Lagos Red Line Rail Will Boost Nigeria's Economy / Aisha Buhari Denies Report Linking Her To Abuse Of Privileges / Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.