Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Electric Voltage/current Problem In This Tinubu Economy - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Electric Voltage/current Problem In This Tinubu Economy (71 Views)

The Current Heatwave. My Room Was 37c This Afternoon. Enugu / See Power Innovations That Can Solve The Electricity Supply Problem In Nigeria / Free Electricity For Phone Charging And Low Voltage Appliances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Electric Voltage/current Problem In This Tinubu Economy by Auxtan(m): 2:36pm On Feb 19
Please guys, I need experts on electrical appliances to help out on this.

If the current (or voltage) of a house is low, and, it can't pump water, can I use a 110v-220v step-up transformer to support the pump so, it can work on effectively? Please advice

See the type of device below

Re: Electric Voltage/current Problem In This Tinubu Economy by jude79(m): 7:55pm On Feb 19
The important thing is power, P
P = IV, ie: power P, equals current I, multiplied by voltage V
So what your devise do is to transform current to voltage or voltage to current, while power remains the same
Now the question is, what is the power of your submersible pump, let's assume it's 1 horse power, ie 746 watts, then your device needs to be at least 3000 watts to carry you pump, the reason is because, it needs to be at least 3times to push the pump without heating up because of overload.
This means that your device have to be at least 3000 watts for it to carry the pump

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft Azure Services: A Comprehensive Guide To Cloud Excellence / Wifi Module For Felicity 10kva Hybrid Inverter IVPM10048 / Find APPLE ID Sellers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.